|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 (pages 91 - 124).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael borrow from Nell?
(a) New clothes.
(b) Train fare.
(c) Her passport.
(d) Her car.
2. Which two characters prepare the house for the big celebration?
(a) Maggie and Rose.
(b) Moran and McQuaid.
(c) Mona and Maggie.
(d) Sheila and Mona.
3. Why does Moran constantly protest that nobody cares for him?
(a) Because nobody actually does care about him.
(b) To secure the attention of his daughters.
(c) So that his neighbors will have pity on him.
(d) So that McQuaid will stay longer.
4. The last true observance of Monaghan Day also marks the end of a relationship between which two characters?
(a) Moran and Maggie.
(b) Moran and Rose.
(c) Moran and McQuaid.
(d) McQuaid and Maggie.
5. What word best describes Rose's mothers feelings about the marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie does McQuaid tell Moran at the end of their discussion?
2. What event do the three girls and Michael attend?
3. Why does Rose stop going to the post office?
4. The last true Monaghan Day marks a time when the girls remember their father as what?
5. What is the reason Rose returns to Ireland?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)