|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 (pages 91 - 124).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rose feel about the idea of a revival of Monaghan Day?
(a) She is doubtful.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She is anxious.
(d) She is apathetic.
2. What does Moran complain about after asking Rose to marry him?
(a) Living with another woman.
(b) Giving up the single life.
(c) Paying for the reception.
(d) Rose's cooking.
3. What touchy subject does Moran finally ask Maggie about when she returns from London on holiday?
(b) Her boyfriends.
(c) Her studies.
(d) His marriage to Rose.
4. The last true Monaghan Day marks a time when the girls remember their father as what?
(a) Sick and dying.
(b) Strong and healthy.
(c) Stressed and stubborn.
(d) Easy-going and care-free.
5. Who helps Rose sneak something into the wardrobe?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her step-daughters.
(c) She does it alone.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What benefits do the girls receive by having Rose around?
2. How does Moran explain life during the war compared to his life now?
3. How old is Michael when his sisters leave home?
4. When McQuaid leaves he says, "Some people can not bear to come in second", to whom is he referring?
5. What word best explains how Moran is acting in regards to his own possible death?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)