|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 (pages 22-45).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rose know about Moran before she even meets him?
(a) Moran is a widower raising children alone.
(b) Moran is rich man with a lot of land.
(c) Moran is a heroic war veteran.
(d) Moran is a ladies man who is not to be trusted.
2. Where did Rose work prior to returning to Ireland?
(a) United States of America.
3. The once strong Moran is now dealing with the irony of what?
(a) Growing weak while his family gets stronger.
(b) Falling in love and needing to be sensitive.
(c) Fighting with family instead of enemies of war.
(d) Becoming poor while his wife becomes rich.
4. How does Moran react when the girls bring up some of the stories they have heard spoken of about Monaghan Days past?
(a) He gets angry and asks them to stop talking.
(b) He ignores them and pretends he didn't hear them talking.
(c) He gets embarrassed and quiet.
(d) He speaks openly about the horrors of the war.
5. Why does Rose stop going to the post office?
(a) She gives up on the idea of becoming a mail carrier.
(b) She stops receiving mail so there is no reason to go.
(c) She decides if Moran wants to see her, he will come to her.
(d) She can't leave her father alone in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. The last true observance of Monaghan Day also marks the end of a relationship between which two characters?
2. Who does Moran speak to about the possibility of introducing another woman into the household?
3. Half of Moran's children have left Ireland. Where have they gone?
4. Despite having less money and worldly possessions; what makes Moran feel superior to McQuaid?
5. How do the children react to Rose?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)