|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 (pages 22-45).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the girls do when Moran is finally out of ear-shot?
(a) Begin to bake Moran's favorite dessert.
(b) Mimick his ill-tempered actions.
(c) Talk about moving out of Great Meadow.
(d) Plan his surprise birthday party.
2. What is Rose's last name?
3. What term is used to describe the rumors floating around about Moran?
(a) "False assumptions".
(b) "Dark mutterings".
(c) "Hushed secrets".
(d) "Eloborate tales".
4. Who, in particular, thinks Rose is making a mistake by entertaining Moran?
(a) Moran's daughters.
(b) Rose's mother.
(d) Moran's son, Luke.
5. Why does Rose stop going to the post office?
(a) She gives up on the idea of becoming a mail carrier.
(b) She stops receiving mail so there is no reason to go.
(c) She can't leave her father alone in the house.
(d) She decides if Moran wants to see her, he will come to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When McQuaid leaves he says, "Some people can not bear to come in second", to whom is he referring?
2. What does Rose know about Moran before she even meets him?
3. What does McQuaid drink instead of the tea the girls make?
4. What is the reason Rose returns to Ireland?
5. What is the name of the farm that Moran and Rose live on?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)