|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2 (pages 8-22).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The last true Monaghan Day marks a time when the girls remember their father as what?
(a) Strong and healthy.
(b) Sick and dying.
(c) Stressed and stubborn.
(d) Easy-going and care-free.
2. How is Rose handling Moran's possible death?
(a) She is quietly preparing for it.
(b) She has not given it any thought.
(c) She is frantic.
(d) She is acting like it won't ever happen.
3. What does McQuaid find overbearing about Moran's personality?
(a) Moran's praise of his children.
(b) Moran's treatment of women.
(c) Moran's regret about post-war Ireland.
(d) Moran's constant need to be right.
4. What does Moran tell McQuaid about Luke?
(a) Moran is visiting Luke soon.
(b) Luke is still living at home.
(c) Moran is proud of Luke.
(d) Luke left the house on bad terms.
5. How many daughter's does Moran have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moran praise McQuaid for?
2. Half of Moran's children have left Ireland. Where have they gone?
3. Which two characters prepare the house for the big celebration?
4. Despite having less money and worldly possessions; what makes Moran feel superior to McQuaid?
5. What lie does McQuaid tell Moran at the end of their discussion?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)