|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2 (pages 8-22).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When McQuaid leaves he says, "Some people can not bear to come in second", to whom is he referring?
2. What does McQuaid drink instead of the tea the girls make?
3. What kind of car does McQuaid drive?
(c) Aston Martin.
4. What rumor does McQuaid bring up about Moran?
(a) Moran is planning to move.
(b) Moran is bankrupt.
(c) Moran is courting again.
(d) Moran is dying.
5. What does McQuaid find overbearing about Moran's personality?
(a) Moran's regret about post-war Ireland.
(b) Moran's treatment of women.
(c) Moran's praise of his children.
(d) Moran's constant need to be right.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character heads to bed early by pretending to be sick?
2. The last true observance of Monaghan Day also marks the end of a relationship between which two characters?
3. Why is Moran so annoyed by McQuaid's car?
4. After the war, what does Moran give to McQuaid?
5. What is Rose's last name?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)