|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2 (pages 8-22).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the daughters reacting to Moran's possible death?
2. What does Moran tell McQuaid about Luke?
(a) Moran is proud of Luke.
(b) Moran is visiting Luke soon.
(c) Luke left the house on bad terms.
(d) Luke is still living at home.
3. What does Moran realize about Rose once McQuaid leaves Great Meadows?
(a) Rose is just a good friend.
(b) Moran will marry Rose.
(c) Moran can't stand Rose.
(d) Rose is in love with McQuaid.
4. Half of Moran's children have left Ireland. Where have they gone?
(d) The United States of America.
5. How does Rose feel about the idea of a revival of Monaghan Day?
(a) She is anxious.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is doubtful.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the war, what does Moran give to McQuaid?
2. What does Moran realize about McQuaid once his stay is over?
3. Which word best expresses Moran's feelings towards how the independent Ireland turned out?
4. When McQuaid leaves he says, "Some people can not bear to come in second", to whom is he referring?
5. The last true observance of Monaghan Day also marks the end of a relationship between which two characters?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)