|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1 (pages 1 - 8).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Moran's daughters plan a surprise revival of what special day?
(a) Monaghan Day.
(b) Moran's birthday.
(c) Moran and Rose's anniversary.
(d) Christmas Day.
2. What topic threatens to sour the mood of Moran?
(a) The Republic of Ireland.
(b) The war.
3. How does the Moran family react to Rose?
(a) They think she is not trust-worthy.
(b) They think she is after Moran's money.
(c) They reject her.
(d) They accept her.
4. What is the relationship between Rose and Moran?
(a) Rose is Moran's mother.
(b) Rose is Moran's nurse.
(c) Rose is Moran's second wife.
(d) Rose is Moran's first wife.
5. How does Moran know McQuaid?
(a) He is an old army buddy.
(b) The two don't know each other.
(c) He is an old boss.
(d) He is a long lost brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best explains how Moran is acting in regards to his own possible death?
2. How does Moran react when the girls bring up some of the stories they have heard spoken of about Monaghan Days past?
3. Why does Moran constantly protest that nobody cares for him?
4. What do Rose and her sister sneak into the house?
5. How does Rose feel about the idea of a revival of Monaghan Day?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)