|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1 (pages 1 - 8).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Moran feel about Monaghan Days of past?
(a) He feels it is a waste of time and effort.
(b) They have no special meaning to him.
(c) They mean the world to him.
(d) He feels they are a good excuse to party.
2. How does Rose feel about the idea of a revival of Monaghan Day?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) She is anxious.
(d) She is doubtful.
3. What word best explains how Moran is acting in regards to his own possible death?
4. Who helps Rose sneak something into the wardrobe?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her step-daughters.
(d) She does it alone.
5. How does Moran know McQuaid?
(a) He is an old boss.
(b) He is a long lost brother.
(c) He is an old army buddy.
(d) The two don't know each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Moran's daughters plan a surprise revival of what special day?
2. Why does Moran constantly protest that nobody cares for him?
3. How does Moran explain life during the war compared to his life now?
4. How does Moran react when the girls bring up some of the stories they have heard spoken of about Monaghan Days past?
5. Saying the Rosary is significant in what religion?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)