|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1 (pages 1 - 8).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What topic threatens to sour the mood of Moran?
(c) The Republic of Ireland.
(d) The war.
2. What seems to be foreshadowed about Moran's health in the first few paragraphs of the book?
(a) Moran is getting stronger.
(b) Moran is losing his mind.
(c) Moran is growing weaker.
(d) Moran has an inccurrable illness.
3. How are the daughters reacting to Moran's possible death?
4. Moran's daughters plan a surprise revival of what special day?
(a) Moran's birthday.
(b) Monaghan Day.
(c) Christmas Day.
(d) Moran and Rose's anniversary.
5. How is Rose handling Moran's possible death?
(a) She is frantic.
(b) She is acting like it won't ever happen.
(c) She is quietly preparing for it.
(d) She has not given it any thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. The once strong Moran is now dealing with the irony of what?
2. Which word best expresses Moran's feelings towards how the independent Ireland turned out?
3. How does Moran react when the girls bring up some of the stories they have heard spoken of about Monaghan Days past?
4. How does Moran explain life during the war compared to his life now?
5. What is the name of the farm that Moran and Rose live on?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)