|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1 (pages 1 - 8).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Moran give as to why he invited McQuaid to the celebration?
(a) So McQuaid wouldn't drink himself stupid at the fair.
(b) So McQuaid wouldn't be so lonely.
(c) Because he missed McQuaid.
(d) So McQuaid would leave the house.
2. What is the name of the farm that Moran and Rose live on?
(a) Great Hills.
(b) Rolling Hills.
(c) Rolling Meadows.
(d) Great Meadow.
3. How are the daughters reacting to Moran's possible death?
4. How is Rose handling Moran's possible death?
(a) She has not given it any thought.
(b) She is quietly preparing for it.
(c) She is frantic.
(d) She is acting like it won't ever happen.
5. After what event does Moran have trouble adjusting?
(a) His house burning down.
(b) His kids moving away.
(c) The war.
(d) The loss of his first wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Moran react when the girls bring up some of the stories they have heard spoken of about Monaghan Days past?
2. What do Moran and McQuaid talk about during Monaghan Day?
3. Which word best expresses Moran's feelings towards how the independent Ireland turned out?
4. Who helps Rose sneak something into the wardrobe?
5. What topic threatens to sour the mood of Moran?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)