|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2 (pages 8-22).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Half of Moran's children have left Ireland. Where have they gone?
(b) The United States of America.
2. Which two characters prepare the house for the big celebration?
(a) Mona and Maggie.
(b) Maggie and Rose.
(c) Sheila and Mona.
(d) Moran and McQuaid.
3. How does Moran react when the girls bring up some of the stories they have heard spoken of about Monaghan Days past?
(a) He speaks openly about the horrors of the war.
(b) He gets angry and asks them to stop talking.
(c) He ignores them and pretends he didn't hear them talking.
(d) He gets embarrassed and quiet.
4. What rumor does McQuaid bring up about Moran?
(a) Moran is planning to move.
(b) Moran is bankrupt.
(c) Moran is dying.
(d) Moran is courting again.
5. Which word best expresses Moran's feelings towards how the independent Ireland turned out?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rose's last name?
2. What is the name of the farm that Moran and Rose live on?
3. Moran has a hatred and fear of what two things?
4. What is the main topic of conversation between Moran and McQuaid?
5. How does Moran feel about the idea of marrying Rose?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)