|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2 (pages 8-22).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moran tell McQuaid about Luke?
(a) Moran is proud of Luke.
(b) Luke is still living at home.
(c) Moran is visiting Luke soon.
(d) Luke left the house on bad terms.
2. How does Moran know McQuaid?
(a) The two don't know each other.
(b) He is a long lost brother.
(c) He is an old boss.
(d) He is an old army buddy.
3. What word best explains how Moran is acting in regards to his own possible death?
4. The once strong Moran is now dealing with the irony of what?
(a) Fighting with family instead of enemies of war.
(b) Becoming poor while his wife becomes rich.
(c) Falling in love and needing to be sensitive.
(d) Growing weak while his family gets stronger.
5. What seems to be foreshadowed about Moran's health in the first few paragraphs of the book?
(a) Moran is getting stronger.
(b) Moran is losing his mind.
(c) Moran is growing weaker.
(d) Moran has an inccurrable illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Moran feel about the idea of marrying Rose?
2. McQuaid is quite successful despite his lack of what?
3. What does Moran shoot with his shotgun?
4. Which two characters prepare the house for the big celebration?
5. How do the girls react when McQuaid inquires about Luke?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)