|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2 (pages 8-22).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters prepare the house for the big celebration?
(a) Moran and McQuaid.
(b) Sheila and Mona.
(c) Mona and Maggie.
(d) Maggie and Rose.
2. How does Moran know McQuaid?
(a) The two don't know each other.
(b) He is an old army buddy.
(c) He is an old boss.
(d) He is a long lost brother.
3. How does Moran feel about the idea of marrying Rose?
(a) Moran resents the idea.
(b) Moran is nervous about what his daughters will think.
(c) Moran isn't planning on marrying Rose.
(d) Moran can't wait to marry Rose.
4. What two things does McQuaid compliment as he sits with Moran?
(a) The beverages and the furniture.
(b) The house and the curtains.
(c) Moran and the weather.
(d) The girls and the meal.
5. Which word best expresses Moran's feelings towards how the independent Ireland turned out?
Short Answer Questions
1. McQuaid is quite successful despite his lack of what?
2. What is the main topic of conversation between Moran and McQuaid?
3. What word best describes the language McQuaid uses around his wife?
4. The last true observance of Monaghan Day also marks the end of a relationship between which two characters?
5. Why is Moran so annoyed by McQuaid's car?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)