|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2 (pages 8-22).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does McQuaid find overbearing about Moran's personality?
(a) Moran's constant need to be right.
(b) Moran's regret about post-war Ireland.
(c) Moran's praise of his children.
(d) Moran's treatment of women.
2. The last true Monaghan Day marks a time when the girls remember their father as what?
(a) Sick and dying.
(b) Easy-going and care-free.
(c) Stressed and stubborn.
(d) Strong and healthy.
3. Which word best describes how Moran feels about half of his children moving away?
4. What kind of car does McQuaid drive?
(a) Aston Martin.
5. Moran's daughters plan a surprise revival of what special day?
(a) Christmas Day.
(b) Monaghan Day.
(c) Moran's birthday.
(d) Moran and Rose's anniversary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters prepare the house for the big celebration?
2. What is the main topic of conversation between Moran and McQuaid?
3. What does McQuaid chastise Moran for NOT doing after the war?
4. What word best explains how Moran is acting in regards to his own possible death?
5. Why does Moran constantly protest that nobody cares for him?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)