|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4 (pages 45-91).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the children react to Rose?
(a) They dislike her and try to get her to leave.
(b) They are indifferent and ignore her.
(c) They take to her and integrate her into the family.
(d) They rarely visit with her.
2. Why does Rose stop going to the post office?
(a) She decides if Moran wants to see her, he will come to her.
(b) She stops receiving mail so there is no reason to go.
(c) She gives up on the idea of becoming a mail carrier.
(d) She can't leave her father alone in the house.
3. Moran fought for the IRA in the war. What does IRA stand for?
(a) International Republican Army.
(b) International Rebel Alliance.
(c) Irish Rebel Alliance.
(d) Irish Republican Army.
4. How does the Moran family react to Rose?
(a) They accept her.
(b) They reject her.
(c) They think she is after Moran's money.
(d) They think she is not trust-worthy.
5. Despite having less money and worldly possessions; what makes Moran feel superior to McQuaid?
(a) Moran's devotion to his family.
(b) Moran's home and farm: Great Meadow.
(c) Moran's heroics during the war.
(d) Moran feels that McQuaid is superior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does young Michael get when Rose and Moran begin sharing a room?
2. How does Rose meet Moran?
3. What is the reason Rose returns to Ireland?
4. What does Moran realize about McQuaid once his stay is over?
5. What rumor does McQuaid bring up about Moran?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)