|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4 (pages 45-91).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What chore does Moran gather the children to do?
(a) Pick the fruit from the trees.
(b) Wash the dishes.
(c) Clean all the windows.
(d) Mow and gather the hay.
2. When is the only time that Moran is seemingly happy?
(a) During the Rosary.
(b) During harvest season.
(c) When he is alone.
(d) When his children do well on their exams.
3. Where does Rose advocate Maggie to go to train as a nurse?
(b) United States of America.
4. What do the children tend to do when Moran gets angry?
(a) Fight back.
(b) Slip out of the room.
(c) Become withdrawn and quiet.
(d) Confront their father about his anger.
5. How does Rose meet Moran?
(a) He ran into her on the street.
(b) Waiting for the mail at the post office.
(c) They have mutual family friends.
(d) They go to the same deli.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rose feel about the idea of a revival of Monaghan Day?
2. What does Maggie report that Luke is doing in London?
3. After not seeing Rose at the post office, what does Moran do?
4. Whose place in the household does Rose take over?
5. What does Rose know about Moran before she even meets him?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)