|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6 (pages 124-168).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mark go every night to "escape" when he is staying at Great Meadow?
(a) The pub.
(b) The barn.
(c) His car.
(d) Maggie's bedroom.
2. What business has made McQuaid so successful after the war?
(a) The used car business.
(b) The cattle business.
(c) Farming potatos.
(d) The stock market.
3. What does Moran realize about Rose once McQuaid leaves Great Meadows?
(a) Moran can't stand Rose.
(b) Moran will marry Rose.
(c) Rose is just a good friend.
(d) Rose is in love with McQuaid.
4. When is the only time that Moran is seemingly happy?
(a) When his children do well on their exams.
(b) During the Rosary.
(c) When he is alone.
(d) During harvest season.
5. What does Moran realize about McQuaid once his stay is over?
(a) McQuaid is going to return to Great Meadow soon.
(b) Moran has lost his oldest and best friend.
(c) Moran will one day be much wealthier than McQuaid.
(d) McQuaid will most likely start a new business soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What touchy subject does Moran finally ask Maggie about when she returns from London on holiday?
2. Who does Sheila invite to the wedding without consulting anyone?
3. What type of jobs were both Mona and Sheila offered?
4. What does Sheila question Moran about in Section 6 that makes Moran very defensive?
5. What nightly ritual does Rose become involved in?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)