|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Buford describe those who attack the tank feel in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
2. What two teams are playing for the FA Cup in "Cambridge"?
3. What does Dougie do to end the party in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
4. What does the police officer in "Dawes Road, Fulham" hit Buford with?
5. Who does Buford notice fighting a war of sorts against those who go against the nationalism in "Dusseldorf"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Robert warns Buford to be careful among the crowd in "Dawes Road, Fulham" when they arrive in Tottenham?
2. According to Buford, explain what the crowd is like when waiting for a goal to be scored at a football match.
3. What does Buford realize when he is among the crowd in Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
4. What happens at the Hillsborough game in the chapter "Dusseldorf"?
5. Describe what DJ, a budding photographer, tells Buford at the beginning of "Dusseldorf."
6. What does Buford say about crowd theories in the middle of "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
7. What happens to end the disco party in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
8. What is interesting about the bar that hosts the disco party in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
9. What does Buford say about antisocial behaviors among members of the mob when it goes off in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
10. According to Buford, how does a crowd react if a goal is never scored?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Buford notice about the individual and the crowd at the end of "Cambridge"? How is this significant to the mentality of the crowd in general?
Essay Topic 2
When Buford meets many member of the ICJ in the chapter "Turin" what surprises him about the men? What does Buford think the men need or want from being a part of the ICJ?
Essay Topic 3
People other than members of a firm or supporters of a football team are affected by the mob's violence and mayhem. How is Buford specifically affected by the violence of the supporters? Who else is mentioned having been affected by the mob that was a bystander?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)