|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buford compare the crowd at the FA Cup match to in "Cambridge"?
2. What makes the atmosphere of the skinhead's more dangerous in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
3. What reason does Buford not give as reason that DJ is different than other supporters in "Dusseldorf"?
4. Who does Buford say leads a double life of family man and mob supporter in "Dusseldorf"?
5. What is DJ's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Buford end up at the political disco party hosted by the NF?
2. What happens to end the disco party in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
3. What happens after Robert warns Buford to be careful among the crowd in "Dawes Road, Fulham" when they arrive in Tottenham?
4. What does Buford notice about the man he sees that stood close to him at the game in "Cambridge"?
5. What qualities make DJ different from other football supporters according to Buford in "Dusseldorf"?
6. What does Buford realize when he is among the crowd in Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
7. According to Buford, what happens to the individual among the crowd when the football game begins?
8. Describe what DJ, a budding photographer, tells Buford at the beginning of "Dusseldorf."
9. What is interesting about the bar that hosts the disco party in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
10. What does Buford say at the end of "Dawes Road, Fulham" about the moment when the mob goes off?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the following terms and how they relate to European football: a firm, thug, the Inner City Jibbers, "going off."
Essay Topic 2
Who does Buford attribute to coming up with crowd theories? What does Buford notice each crowd has in common after witnessing and experiencing them firsthand?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the feelings of waiting for a goal to be scored during a football match. How does Buford feel as he waits for a scored goal in the chapter "Cambridge"?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)