|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sneaks past the police with Buford in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
2. What is DJ's profession?
3. What does Buford compare the crowd at the FA Cup match to in "Cambridge"?
4. Who does Buford speak to when he calls the number in the packet he is given in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
5. What are the skinheads doing when Buford watches them in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Buford end up at the political disco party hosted by the NF?
2. What does Robert tell Buford as they walk to Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham" that is significant about one of the mob members?
3. What qualities make DJ different from other football supporters according to Buford in "Dusseldorf"?
4. What does Buford say at the end of "Dawes Road, Fulham" about the moment when the mob goes off?
5. What is the story of John Johnstone about in "Dusseldorf"?
6. Describe the duality of Harry's life, the man Buford meets in "Dusseldorf."
7. What happens at the Hillsborough game in the chapter "Dusseldorf"?
8. Explain what the National Front is and what it promotes.
9. What does Buford notice about the man he sees that stood close to him at the game in "Cambridge"?
10. What is interesting about the bar that hosts the disco party in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain DJ's opinion of the late 20th century's antisocial behavior. Does football violence relate to that of a political or economical cause?
Essay Topic 2
Explain why the English supporters think they are most effective in causing chaos in a foreign country. What team embarrasses the Manchester United firm?
Essay Topic 3
When Buford meets many member of the ICJ in the chapter "Turin" what surprises him about the men? What does Buford think the men need or want from being a part of the ICJ?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)