|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the crowd feel according to Buford in the first half of the FA Cup match in "Cambridge"?
2. What does Buford note about himself and the man he recognizes from the stadium in "Cambridge"?
3. Who does Buford say crowd theories come from in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
4. What are the skinheads doing when Buford watches them in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
5. Who does Buford speak to when he calls the number in the packet he is given in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Robert warns Buford to be careful among the crowd in "Dawes Road, Fulham" when they arrive in Tottenham?
2. Describe what members of the NF do when a black player gets the ball in a football match?
3. What happens at the Hillsborough game in the chapter "Dusseldorf"?
4. According to Buford, what happens to the individual among the crowd when the football game begins?
5. What does Buford specifically mention in "Cambridge" that happens when a score is finally made between the two Glasgow teams?
6. What does Buford connect to the working class and individuals of the mob in "Dusseldorf"?
7. What does Buford say about antisocial behaviors among members of the mob when it goes off in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
8. Explain what the National Front is and what it promotes.
9. What does Buford say about crowd theories in the middle of "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
10. What does Robert tell Buford as they walk to Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham" that is significant about one of the mob members?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the relationship between politics and that of the mentality of the crowd. How does Buford support or refute this relationship?
Essay Topic 2
What does Buford notice about the individual and the crowd at the end of "Cambridge"? How is this significant to the mentality of the crowd in general?
Essay Topic 3
People other than members of a firm or supporters of a football team are affected by the mob's violence and mayhem. How is Buford specifically affected by the violence of the supporters? Who else is mentioned having been affected by the mob that was a bystander?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)