|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the newspaper Buford receives after he goes to St. Edmunds promote?
2. What is the animal sound the crowd imitates as a black player gets a ball?
3. How are several people injured in the crowd that celebrates the scored goal at the end of "Cambridge"?
4. How does Buford describe those who attack the tank feel in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
5. How does the crowd feel according to Buford in the first half of the FA Cup match in "Cambridge"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is interesting about the bar that hosts the disco party in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
2. Explain what the National Front is and what it promotes.
3. What happens after Robert warns Buford to be careful among the crowd in "Dawes Road, Fulham" when they arrive in Tottenham?
4. Describe what DJ, a budding photographer, tells Buford at the beginning of "Dusseldorf."
5. What does Buford say about antisocial behaviors among members of the mob when it goes off in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
6. What does Buford realize when he is among the crowd in Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
7. What does Buford say about crowd theories in the middle of "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
8. Describe the duality of Harry's life, the man Buford meets in "Dusseldorf."
9. What happens to end the disco party in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
10. What does Buford notice about the skinheads at the disco in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Buford attends the West Ham invitation he interviews many members of the ICJ. Why do the men place such high importance on their role within the firm?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Buford's initial feeling and attitude toward European football fans to that of his ending one. Include examples of events that support your opinion. How does this opinion grow or change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think European policemen are effective in controlling the chaos and violence of the football supporter's? How do the police help relieve or contribute to the violence of the crowds?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)