|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Buford resume a friendship with in "Dusseldorf"?
2. What does the crowd do that makes it become lawless in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
3. What does Buford begin subscribing to in "Dusseldorf"?
4. What does Dougie do to end the party in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
5. Who sucked the eyeball out of a policeman's head and bit it off in "Dusseldorf"?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Buford, how does a crowd react if a goal is never scored?
2. What does Buford specifically mention in "Cambridge" that happens when a score is finally made between the two Glasgow teams?
3. What does Buford say at the end of "Dawes Road, Fulham" about the moment when the mob goes off?
4. What does Buford say about antisocial behaviors among members of the mob when it goes off in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
5. What does Buford notice about the man he sees that stood close to him at the game in "Cambridge"?
6. According to Buford, what happens to the individual among the crowd when the football game begins?
7. What does Robert tell Buford as they walk to Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham" that is significant about one of the mob members?
8. Describe what DJ, a budding photographer, tells Buford at the beginning of "Dusseldorf."
9. What does Buford realize when he is among the crowd in Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
10. Describe what members of the NF do when a black player gets the ball in a football match?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Buford's initial feeling and attitude toward European football fans to that of his ending one. Include examples of events that support your opinion. How does this opinion grow or change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think European policemen are effective in controlling the chaos and violence of the football supporter's? How do the police help relieve or contribute to the violence of the crowds?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the consciousness of the crowd when the moment of violence "goes off." What happens to the individual among the crowd when chaos breaks out?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)