|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Buford from being beaten against a lamppost?
2. What does Buford explain at the beginning of "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
3. What makes the atmosphere of the skinhead's more dangerous in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
4. Who is beaten into unconsciousness and put in a coma for 12 days only to never speak or move again in "Dusseldorf"?
5. What teams does Buford mention in "Cambridge" that when a goal was finally scored the crowd erupts which results in several injuries?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buford realize when he is among the crowd in Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
2. What does Buford specifically mention in "Cambridge" that happens when a score is finally made between the two Glasgow teams?
3. Describe what DJ, a budding photographer, tells Buford at the beginning of "Dusseldorf."
4. According to Buford, what happens to the individual among the crowd when the football game begins?
5. What does Buford say at the end of "Dawes Road, Fulham" about the moment when the mob goes off?
6. What qualities make DJ different from other football supporters according to Buford in "Dusseldorf"?
7. According to Buford, how does a crowd react if a goal is never scored?
8. What does Buford connect to the working class and individuals of the mob in "Dusseldorf"?
9. What does Buford notice about the skinheads at the disco in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
10. What is interesting about the bar that hosts the disco party in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Buford meets many member of the ICJ in the chapter "Turin" what surprises him about the men? What does Buford think the men need or want from being a part of the ICJ?
Essay Topic 2
When Buford attends the West Ham invitation he interviews many members of the ICJ. Why do the men place such high importance on their role within the firm?
Essay Topic 3
People other than members of a firm or supporters of a football team are affected by the mob's violence and mayhem. How is Buford specifically affected by the violence of the supporters? Who else is mentioned having been affected by the mob that was a bystander?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)