|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buford not mention being a part of the politics of the crowd in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
2. What does Buford wonder about the energy of a crowd in football matches in "Cambridge"?
3. What does Buford explain at the beginning of "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
4. According to Buford what is the individual aware of in the moment the violence "goes off" in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
5. Who does Buford speak to when he calls the number in the packet he is given in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the following terms and how they relate to European football: a firm, thug, the Inner City Jibbers, "going off."
Essay Topic 2
Buford does not mention many incidents involving women. Explain the two cases in which women are mentioned and how women might be affected as a whole by the violence and chaos of the football supporter's.
Essay Topic 3
When Buford attends the West Ham invitation he interviews many members of the ICJ. Why do the men place such high importance on their role within the firm?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)