|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two teams are playing for the FA Cup in "Cambridge"?
2. Who does Buford mention terrorizing London with his friends and end up killing a person in "Dusseldorf"?
3. What does Buford not mention being a part of the politics of the crowd in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
4. Where does Buford wake up at the end of "Bury St. Edmunds"?
5. Who does Buford say crowd theories come from in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buford specifically mention in "Cambridge" that happens when a score is finally made between the two Glasgow teams?
2. Describe what members of the NF do when a black player gets the ball in a football match?
3. According to Buford, how does a crowd react if a goal is never scored?
4. What happens in the Cambridge Millwall game?
5. Explain what the National Front is and what it promotes.
6. What does Buford notice about the man he sees that stood close to him at the game in "Cambridge"?
7. What does Buford say about crowd theories in the middle of "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
8. What does Buford connect to the working class and individuals of the mob in "Dusseldorf"?
9. What happens to end the disco party in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
10. What is the story of John Johnstone about in "Dusseldorf"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
People other than members of a firm or supporters of a football team are affected by the mob's violence and mayhem. How is Buford specifically affected by the violence of the supporters? Who else is mentioned having been affected by the mob that was a bystander?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the following terms and how they relate to European football: a firm, thug, the Inner City Jibbers, "going off."
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Buford's initial feeling and attitude toward European football fans to that of his ending one. Include examples of events that support your opinion. How does this opinion grow or change throughout the book?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)