|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Buford wake up at the end of "Bury St. Edmunds"?
2. What does Buford say happens to the crowd when the violence "goes off" in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
3. What does Buford say about the individual and the conditions of the European football games in "Cambridge"?
4. What does Buford mention happening at another no score game when a goal was finally made in "Cambridge"?
5. Where is Buford walking when he recognizes the man in the stadium in "Cambridge"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buford specifically mention in "Cambridge" that happens when a score is finally made between the two Glasgow teams?
2. What does Buford notice about the skinheads at the disco in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
3. What does Buford say about crowd theories in the middle of "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
4. According to Buford, what happens to the individual among the crowd when the football game begins?
5. What does Robert tell Buford as they walk to Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham" that is significant about one of the mob members?
6. Describe the duality of Harry's life, the man Buford meets in "Dusseldorf."
7. What happens after Robert warns Buford to be careful among the crowd in "Dawes Road, Fulham" when they arrive in Tottenham?
8. What does Buford connect to the working class and individuals of the mob in "Dusseldorf"?
9. What is interesting about the bar that hosts the disco party in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
10. Describe what members of the NF do when a black player gets the ball in a football match?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Buford notice about the individual and the crowd at the end of "Cambridge"? How is this significant to the mentality of the crowd in general?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the relationship between politics and that of the mentality of the crowd. How does Buford support or refute this relationship?
Essay Topic 3
In the chapter "Turin," how do the English fans behave toward the Italians? What is Buford's reaction to the supporters' behavior?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)