|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buford explain at the beginning of "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
2. According to Buford what is the individual aware of in the moment the violence "goes off" in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
3. How many people does Buford mention being injured in Chester in "Dusseldorf"?
4. What does Buford say about the human consciousness as the crowd becomes lawless in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
5. What does the crowd do that makes it become lawless in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what members of the NF do when a black player gets the ball in a football match?
2. What does Buford specifically mention in "Cambridge" that happens when a score is finally made between the two Glasgow teams?
3. What does Buford notice about the man he sees that stood close to him at the game in "Cambridge"?
4. What does Buford say about crowd theories in the middle of "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
5. What does Buford notice about the skinheads at the disco in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
6. Explain what the National Front is and what it promotes.
7. According to Buford, explain what the crowd is like when waiting for a goal to be scored at a football match.
8. What is the story of John Johnstone about in "Dusseldorf"?
9. What does Robert tell Buford as they walk to Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham" that is significant about one of the mob members?
10. What happens after Robert warns Buford to be careful among the crowd in "Dawes Road, Fulham" when they arrive in Tottenham?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the differences among European football fans and those of American football fans. How does the relationship between police and supporters differ between the two continents?
Essay Topic 2
When Buford attends the West Ham invitation he interviews many members of the ICJ. Why do the men place such high importance on their role within the firm?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the relationship between politics and that of the mentality of the crowd. How does Buford support or refute this relationship?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)