|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the crowd do that makes it become lawless in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
2. What is the name of the newspaper Buford receives after he goes to St. Edmunds?
3. How does the game end in "Cambridge"?
4. What does Buford say most things in life serve us as in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
5. What does Buford point out happens among many football matches in "Cambridge"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what DJ, a budding photographer, tells Buford at the beginning of "Dusseldorf."
2. What does Buford say at the end of "Dawes Road, Fulham" about the moment when the mob goes off?
3. What does Buford say about crowd theories in the middle of "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
4. What happens after Robert warns Buford to be careful among the crowd in "Dawes Road, Fulham" when they arrive in Tottenham?
5. What does Buford realize when he is among the crowd in Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
6. According to Buford, what happens to the individual among the crowd when the football game begins?
7. Describe the duality of Harry's life, the man Buford meets in "Dusseldorf."
8. What does Buford notice about the man he sees that stood close to him at the game in "Cambridge"?
9. What does Robert tell Buford as they walk to Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham" that is significant about one of the mob members?
10. Explain what the National Front is and what it promotes.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Buford attends the West Ham invitation he interviews many members of the ICJ. Why do the men place such high importance on their role within the firm?
Essay Topic 2
When Buford meets many member of the ICJ in the chapter "Turin" what surprises him about the men? What does Buford think the men need or want from being a part of the ICJ?
Essay Topic 3
Explain DJ's opinion of the late 20th century's antisocial behavior. Does football violence relate to that of a political or economical cause?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)