|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the National Front operate?
2. How are several people injured in the crowd that celebrates the scored goal at the end of "Cambridge"?
3. How does the crowd feel according to Buford in the first half of the FA Cup match in "Cambridge"?
4. What does DJ think about the football violence's cause in "Dusseldorf"?
5. What does Buford attend at the beginning of "Bury St. Edmunds"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story of John Johnstone about in "Dusseldorf"?
2. What happens after Robert warns Buford to be careful among the crowd in "Dawes Road, Fulham" when they arrive in Tottenham?
3. Describe the duality of Harry's life, the man Buford meets in "Dusseldorf."
4. Explain what the National Front is and what it promotes.
5. What does Buford realize when he is among the crowd in Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
6. What does Buford notice about the man he sees that stood close to him at the game in "Cambridge"?
7. What does Robert tell Buford as they walk to Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham" that is significant about one of the mob members?
8. What does Buford specifically mention in "Cambridge" that happens when a score is finally made between the two Glasgow teams?
9. What happens at the Hillsborough game in the chapter "Dusseldorf"?
10. What does Buford say at the end of "Dawes Road, Fulham" about the moment when the mob goes off?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Buford's initial feeling and attitude toward European football fans to that of his ending one. Include examples of events that support your opinion. How does this opinion grow or change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Buford compares the violence of the European football crowds to that of an addiction. What does Buford mean when he makes that comparison? How are they similar?
Essay Topic 3
Explain what the National Front promotes. How does Buford react to their behavior and mentality?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)