|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Buford wake up at the end of "Bury St. Edmunds"?
2. What does Buford notice about the crowd at the FA cup match during halftime in "Cambridge"?
3. What happens in Peterborough in "Dusseldorf"?
4. Where does the National Front operate?
5. What team does Buford mention tying several games and only winning in the second of third rematch in "Cambridge"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buford notice about the man he sees that stood close to him at the game in "Cambridge"?
2. According to Buford, explain what the crowd is like when waiting for a goal to be scored at a football match.
3. What does Buford say at the end of "Dawes Road, Fulham" about the moment when the mob goes off?
4. What does Buford realize when he is among the crowd in Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
5. How does Buford end up at the political disco party hosted by the NF?
6. Describe the duality of Harry's life, the man Buford meets in "Dusseldorf."
7. What happens in the Cambridge Millwall game?
8. What does Buford say about crowd theories in the middle of "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
9. What does Robert tell Buford as they walk to Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham" that is significant about one of the mob members?
10. What happens to end the disco party in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
People other than members of a firm or supporters of a football team are affected by the mob's violence and mayhem. How is Buford specifically affected by the violence of the supporters? Who else is mentioned having been affected by the mob that was a bystander?
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Buford becomes so disgusted with DJ and his supporters. Why has Buford's opinion of the violence in the firm changed at the end of the chapter "Dusseldorf"?
Essay Topic 3
Explain what the National Front promotes. How does Buford react to their behavior and mentality?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)