|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does DJ have to fly to hurriedly in "Dusseldorf"?
2. What does Buford wonder about the energy of a crowd in football matches in "Cambridge"?
3. What does Buford point out happens among many football matches in "Cambridge"?
4. How does Buford describe the conditions of stadiums in "Cambridge"?
5. Who does Buford say crowd theories come from in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Robert warns Buford to be careful among the crowd in "Dawes Road, Fulham" when they arrive in Tottenham?
2. What is the story of John Johnstone about in "Dusseldorf"?
3. What happens to end the disco party in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
4. What happens at the Hillsborough game in the chapter "Dusseldorf"?
5. What does Buford realize when he is among the crowd in Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
6. What does Buford notice about the man he sees that stood close to him at the game in "Cambridge"?
7. How does Buford end up at the political disco party hosted by the NF?
8. According to Buford, how does a crowd react if a goal is never scored?
9. What does Buford connect to the working class and individuals of the mob in "Dusseldorf"?
10. Explain what the National Front is and what it promotes.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the consciousness of the crowd when the moment of violence "goes off." What happens to the individual among the crowd when chaos breaks out?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the following terms and how they relate to European football: a firm, thug, the Inner City Jibbers, "going off."
Essay Topic 3
Explain what the National Front promotes. How does Buford react to their behavior and mentality?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)