|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buford point out happens among many football matches in "Cambridge"?
2. What does Buford say the power of the National Front depends on?
3. What does Buford mention happening at another no score game when a goal was finally made in "Cambridge"?
4. Who believes that football violence is more of a true political movement in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
5. What does the crowd do that makes it become lawless in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Buford, how does a crowd react if a goal is never scored?
2. Describe what DJ, a budding photographer, tells Buford at the beginning of "Dusseldorf."
3. Describe what members of the NF do when a black player gets the ball in a football match?
4. What does Buford notice about the man he sees that stood close to him at the game in "Cambridge"?
5. What does Buford realize when he is among the crowd in Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
6. What does Buford connect to the working class and individuals of the mob in "Dusseldorf"?
7. What does Buford notice about the skinheads at the disco in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
8. What happens in the Cambridge Millwall game?
9. What does Buford say about crowd theories in the middle of "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
10. What happens after Robert warns Buford to be careful among the crowd in "Dawes Road, Fulham" when they arrive in Tottenham?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who does Buford attribute to coming up with crowd theories? What does Buford notice each crowd has in common after witnessing and experiencing them firsthand?
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Buford becomes so disgusted with DJ and his supporters. Why has Buford's opinion of the violence in the firm changed at the end of the chapter "Dusseldorf"?
Essay Topic 3
Explain why the English supporters think they are most effective in causing chaos in a foreign country. What team embarrasses the Manchester United firm?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)