|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buford mention happening at another no score game when a goal was finally made in "Cambridge"?
2. What does Buford begin subscribing to in "Dusseldorf"?
3. What reason does Buford not give as reason that DJ is different than other supporters in "Dusseldorf"?
4. Who does Buford speak to when he calls the number in the packet he is given in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
5. What does Robert tell Buford about Sammy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert tell Buford as they walk to Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham" that is significant about one of the mob members?
2. What is the story of John Johnstone about in "Dusseldorf"?
3. What is interesting about the bar that hosts the disco party in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
4. Describe what DJ, a budding photographer, tells Buford at the beginning of "Dusseldorf."
5. What does Buford notice about the man he sees that stood close to him at the game in "Cambridge"?
6. Describe the duality of Harry's life, the man Buford meets in "Dusseldorf."
7. What happens at the Hillsborough game in the chapter "Dusseldorf"?
8. What qualities make DJ different from other football supporters according to Buford in "Dusseldorf"?
9. According to Buford, explain what the crowd is like when waiting for a goal to be scored at a football match.
10. What does Buford say about crowd theories in the middle of "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the following terms and how they relate to European football: a firm, thug, the Inner City Jibbers, "going off."
Essay Topic 2
Explain the relationship between politics and that of the mentality of the crowd. How does Buford support or refute this relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Explain why Buford becomes so disgusted with DJ and his supporters. Why has Buford's opinion of the violence in the firm changed at the end of the chapter "Dusseldorf"?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)