|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Buford notice fighting a war of sorts against those who go against the nationalism in "Dusseldorf"?
2. What two teams are playing for the FA Cup in "Cambridge"?
3. What does Buford explain at the beginning of "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
4. What does the newspaper Buford receives after he goes to St. Edmunds promote?
5. What reason does Buford not give as reason that DJ is different than other supporters in "Dusseldorf"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buford specifically mention in "Cambridge" that happens when a score is finally made between the two Glasgow teams?
2. According to Buford, explain what the crowd is like when waiting for a goal to be scored at a football match.
3. What does Buford realize when he is among the crowd in Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
4. What is the story of John Johnstone about in "Dusseldorf"?
5. What does Buford notice about the skinheads at the disco in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
6. What does Buford connect to the working class and individuals of the mob in "Dusseldorf"?
7. What happens to end the disco party in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
8. According to Buford, what happens to the individual among the crowd when the football game begins?
9. What does Buford say at the end of "Dawes Road, Fulham" about the moment when the mob goes off?
10. Describe what DJ, a budding photographer, tells Buford at the beginning of "Dusseldorf."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the chapter "Turin," how do the English fans behave toward the Italians? What is Buford's reaction to the supporters' behavior?
Essay Topic 2
Buford does not mention many incidents involving women. Explain the two cases in which women are mentioned and how women might be affected as a whole by the violence and chaos of the football supporter's.
Essay Topic 3
Do you think European policemen are effective in controlling the chaos and violence of the football supporter's? How do the police help relieve or contribute to the violence of the crowds?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)