|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the skinheads doing when Buford watches them in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
2. Where is the European Championship supposed to be held in the chapter, "Dusseldorf"?
3. Who does Buford say crowd theories come from in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
4. What does Buford compare the crowd at the FA Cup match to in "Cambridge"?
5. Where are Buford and Robert headed in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buford say at the end of "Dawes Road, Fulham" about the moment when the mob goes off?
2. What is interesting about the bar that hosts the disco party in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
3. What does Buford say about crowd theories in the middle of "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
4. What does Buford realize when he is among the crowd in Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
5. What does Buford notice about the skinheads at the disco in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
6. What happens in the Cambridge Millwall game?
7. What qualities make DJ different from other football supporters according to Buford in "Dusseldorf"?
8. What does Buford say about antisocial behaviors among members of the mob when it goes off in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
9. What happens at the Hillsborough game in the chapter "Dusseldorf"?
10. Explain what the National Front is and what it promotes.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
People other than members of a firm or supporters of a football team are affected by the mob's violence and mayhem. How is Buford specifically affected by the violence of the supporters? Who else is mentioned having been affected by the mob that was a bystander?
Essay Topic 2
Explain DJ's opinion of the late 20th century's antisocial behavior. Does football violence relate to that of a political or economical cause?
Essay Topic 3
Harry is man who leads a dual life. Explain the life of duality he leads. Do you think most men belonging to a firm lead a life of duality? How do these roles coexist?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)