|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Buford what is the individual aware of in the moment the violence "goes off" in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
2. What reason does Buford not give as reason that DJ is different than other supporters in "Dusseldorf"?
3. Who is supposed to be Buford's host for the evening in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
4. What is the name of the newspaper Buford receives after he goes to St. Edmunds?
5. What does Buford realize as he is being hit by the police officer in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why the English supporters think they are most effective in causing chaos in a foreign country. What team embarrasses the Manchester United firm?
Essay Topic 2
Buford compares the violence of the European football crowds to that of an addiction. What does Buford mean when he makes that comparison? How are they similar?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the differences among European football fans and those of American football fans. How does the relationship between police and supporters differ between the two continents?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)