|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buford say happens to the crowd when the violence "goes off" in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
2. What does Buford wonder happens to the crowd when the game goes into overtime without scoring a goal?
3. Where does DJ have to fly to hurriedly in "Dusseldorf"?
4. What does the crowd do that makes it become lawless in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
5. Who saves Buford from being beaten against a lamppost?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Buford end up at the political disco party hosted by the NF?
2. What does Buford say at the end of "Dawes Road, Fulham" about the moment when the mob goes off?
3. What is the story of John Johnstone about in "Dusseldorf"?
4. What does Robert tell Buford as they walk to Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham" that is significant about one of the mob members?
5. According to Buford, what happens to the individual among the crowd when the football game begins?
6. What does Buford realize when he is among the crowd in Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
7. What does Buford specifically mention in "Cambridge" that happens when a score is finally made between the two Glasgow teams?
8. What qualities make DJ different from other football supporters according to Buford in "Dusseldorf"?
9. What happens in the Cambridge Millwall game?
10. What happens after Robert warns Buford to be careful among the crowd in "Dawes Road, Fulham" when they arrive in Tottenham?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
People other than members of a firm or supporters of a football team are affected by the mob's violence and mayhem. How is Buford specifically affected by the violence of the supporters? Who else is mentioned having been affected by the mob that was a bystander?
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Buford becomes so disgusted with DJ and his supporters. Why has Buford's opinion of the violence in the firm changed at the end of the chapter "Dusseldorf"?
Essay Topic 3
When Buford meets many member of the ICJ in the chapter "Turin" what surprises him about the men? What does Buford think the men need or want from being a part of the ICJ?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)