|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Buford resume a friendship with in "Dusseldorf"?
2. What does Buford realize about the violence when Sammy stands in front of the group in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
3. What does Buford begin subscribing to in "Dusseldorf"?
4. What is the name of the newspaper Buford receives after he goes to St. Edmunds?
5. Where is the European Championship supposed to be held in the chapter, "Dusseldorf"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story of John Johnstone about in "Dusseldorf"?
2. What does Buford realize when he is among the crowd in Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
3. What happens in the Cambridge Millwall game?
4. What does Buford notice about the man he sees that stood close to him at the game in "Cambridge"?
5. What does Buford say about crowd theories in the middle of "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
6. How does Buford end up at the political disco party hosted by the NF?
7. What does Buford notice about the skinheads at the disco in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
8. What does Buford say at the end of "Dawes Road, Fulham" about the moment when the mob goes off?
9. What does Buford specifically mention in "Cambridge" that happens when a score is finally made between the two Glasgow teams?
10. What happens to end the disco party in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why Buford becomes so disgusted with DJ and his supporters. Why has Buford's opinion of the violence in the firm changed at the end of the chapter "Dusseldorf"?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think European policemen are effective in controlling the chaos and violence of the football supporter's? How do the police help relieve or contribute to the violence of the crowds?
Essay Topic 3
Explain why the English supporters think they are most effective in causing chaos in a foreign country. What team embarrasses the Manchester United firm?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)