|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Buford and the Italians feel as they watch the English outside the square in "Turin"?
2. What does Buford notice at the first game he attends?
3. Who does Buford attempt to locate to interview at the end of "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
4. What does Buford mean when he says the man he meets in "Manchester" is well off?
5. What does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Steve believe in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
2. Who is Michael Wicks, and what is he doing as Buford exits the plane in "Turin"?
3. Why is Buford amazed at the way the supporter's interact with him in "Turin"?
4. Why is Buford particularly intrigued by the Manchester United firm?
5. What happens to the Italian boy who goes into the crowd to practice his English in "Turin"?
6. What happens when Buford waits at a train station in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
7. How does Buford feel about the crowd at the end "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
8. Who arrives at the Stamford Bridge in "A Station outside Cardiff" and what do they do?
9. What does Buford learn about those traveling on his flight to Turin in "Manchester"?
10. What does Buford realize about members of the firm at the pub, Brunswick, in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why the English supporters think they are most effective in causing chaos in a foreign country. What team embarrasses the Manchester United firm?
Essay Topic 2
Explain DJ's opinion of the late 20th century's antisocial behavior. Does football violence relate to that of a political or economical cause?
Essay Topic 3
In the chapter "Turin," how do the English fans behave toward the Italians? What is Buford's reaction to the supporters' behavior?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)