|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Buford waits for his tickets to be set up, who throws bottle and debris at their head beneath the stadium in "Turin"?
2. How much alcohol does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" consume?
3. How do Buford and the Italians feel as they watch the English outside the square in "Turin"?
4. What is Brunswick?
5. Why does Buford quickly realize after he sees the man fall in, "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the Italian boy who goes into the crowd to practice his English in "Turin"?
2. What is the return flight from Turin to England like at the end of "Turin"?
3. What happens when Buford waits at a train station in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
4. Explain what Mick arranges for Buford in "Manchester."
5. What is the purpose Buford has for writing "Among the Thugs"?
6. Why does Buford go to Stamford Bridge in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
7. Why does Buford go to the bathroom to write down the stories he hears from the members of the firm in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
8. What does Buford notice about the flight to Turin that ends up proving himself wrong?
9. Explain what the "simple squeeze" and "the shove" are.
10. What happens to Buford that makes him unsuccessful within the mob in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the relationship between politics and that of the mentality of the crowd. How does Buford support or refute this relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the following terms and how they relate to European football: a firm, thug, the Inner City Jibbers, "going off."
Essay Topic 3
When Buford attends the West Ham invitation he interviews many members of the ICJ. Why do the men place such high importance on their role within the firm?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)