|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Buford after he makes his way out of the mob in "Turin"?
2. What does Buford compare the fans of football to?
3. What does Mark point out to Buford in "Sunderland and Manchester" relating to mob violence?
4. What does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" say about those involved in firms?
5. Who else does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" mention being involved with the ICJ?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who arrives at the Stamford Bridge in "A Station outside Cardiff" and what do they do?
2. What happens to the Italian boy who goes into the crowd to practice his English in "Turin"?
3. What happens as Jackie attempts to distribute the crowd to their respective hotels?
4. Briefly describe Mick, the man Buford meets in "Manchester."
5. Why is Buford amazed at the way the supporter's interact with him in "Turin"?
6. What does Buford notice about the flight to Turin that ends up proving himself wrong?
7. Why is Buford particularly intrigued by the Manchester United firm?
8. Why do the members of the ICJ feel they are most effective when they are in a foreign country at the end of "Sunderland and Manchester"?
9. Why are Buford's friends surprised at Buford's reaction to the crowd's behavior at the train station?
10. Why does the Italian army arrive and escort them to the match in "Turin"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the differences among European football fans and those of American football fans. How does the relationship between police and supporters differ between the two continents?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the feelings of waiting for a goal to be scored during a football match. How does Buford feel as he waits for a scored goal in the chapter "Cambridge"?
Essay Topic 3
Explain what the National Front promotes. How does Buford react to their behavior and mentality?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)