|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Buford and the Italians feel as they watch the English outside the square in "Turin"?
2. Who is Sammy and what does he do?
3. What does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" say is a problem within the ICJ?
4. What does a "package" include?
5. What do the English fans do to the Italian crowd in "Turin"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Mick arranges for Buford in "Manchester."
2. Why does Buford go to the bathroom to write down the stories he hears from the members of the firm in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
3. What happens to the Italian boy who goes into the crowd to practice his English in "Turin"?
4. Why does the Italian army arrive and escort them to the match in "Turin"?
5. What does Mick say makes a good leader within the ICJ?
6. Explain what the "simple squeeze" and "the shove" are.
7. What does Buford learn about those traveling on his flight to Turin in "Manchester"?
8. Why is Buford amazed at the way the supporter's interact with him in "Turin"?
9. Briefly describe Mick, the man Buford meets in "Manchester."
10. Why do the members of the ICJ feel they are most effective when they are in a foreign country at the end of "Sunderland and Manchester"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Buford attends the West Ham invitation he interviews many members of the ICJ. Why do the men place such high importance on their role within the firm?
Essay Topic 2
In the chapter "Turin," how do the English fans behave toward the Italians? What is Buford's reaction to the supporters' behavior?
Essay Topic 3
What does Buford notice about the individual and the crowd at the end of "Cambridge"? How is this significant to the mentality of the crowd in general?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)