|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Buford waits for his tickets to be set up, who throws bottle and debris at their head beneath the stadium in "Turin"?
2. How does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" feel about journalists?
3. What happens to cause the English to throw everything breakable at the Italians in "Turin"?
4. Where does R. McAllister work?
5. Who makes up the smaller circle of Manchester United supporters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as Jackie attempts to distribute the crowd to their respective hotels?
2. Explain what it means to be "on the jib."
3. What happens to the Italian boy who goes into the crowd to practice his English in "Turin"?
4. What is the purpose Buford has for writing "Among the Thugs"?
5. What does Buford learn about the people high in command in the ICJ when he travels to Turin?
6. What does Buford realize about members of the firm at the pub, Brunswick, in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
7. Why does the Italian army arrive and escort them to the match in "Turin"?
8. Why do the members of the ICJ feel they are most effective when they are in a foreign country at the end of "Sunderland and Manchester"?
9. Why is Buford amazed at the way the supporter's interact with him in "Turin"?
10. What does Buford learn about those traveling on his flight to Turin in "Manchester"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Buford meets many member of the ICJ in the chapter "Turin" what surprises him about the men? What does Buford think the men need or want from being a part of the ICJ?
Essay Topic 2
Explain what the National Front promotes. How does Buford react to their behavior and mentality?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the following terms and how they relate to European football: a firm, thug, the Inner City Jibbers, "going off."
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)