|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Manchester football fan club named?
2. What does Mark point out to Buford in "Sunderland and Manchester" relating to mob violence?
3. Why are the Manchester supporters humiliated by the West Ham supporters in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
4. What does Buford discover about the places in which the games are played?
5. Who is Michael Wicks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Buford's friends surprised at Buford's reaction to the crowd's behavior at the train station?
2. What is the return flight from Turin to England like at the end of "Turin"?
3. Explain what it means to be "on the jib."
4. How does the crowd react to the knowledge that Buford is a reporter in "Turin"?
5. What happens to Buford that makes him unsuccessful within the mob in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
6. What happens when Buford waits at a train station in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
7. Briefly describe Mick, the man Buford meets in "Manchester."
8. What does Buford notice about the flight to Turin that ends up proving himself wrong?
9. Who arrives at the Stamford Bridge in "A Station outside Cardiff" and what do they do?
10. What happens as Jackie attempts to distribute the crowd to their respective hotels?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain what the National Front promotes. How does Buford react to their behavior and mentality?
Essay Topic 2
In the chapter "Turin," how do the English fans behave toward the Italians? What is Buford's reaction to the supporters' behavior?
Essay Topic 3
Harry is man who leads a dual life. Explain the life of duality he leads. Do you think most men belonging to a firm lead a life of duality? How do these roles coexist?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)