|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Buford remember a story about in "Turin"?
2. Where does Buford attend other matches at the end of "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
3. What does Buford compare the fans of football to?
4. While Buford waits for his tickets to be set up, who throws bottle and debris at their head beneath the stadium in "Turin"?
5. What does Buford find interesting about the banned teams fans?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what the "simple squeeze" and "the shove" are.
2. What does Steve believe in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
3. Why do the members of the ICJ feel they are most effective when they are in a foreign country at the end of "Sunderland and Manchester"?
4. What happens to Buford that makes him unsuccessful within the mob in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
5. What does Buford learn about the people high in command in the ICJ when he travels to Turin?
6. What happens when Buford waits at a train station in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
7. Who arrives at the Stamford Bridge in "A Station outside Cardiff" and what do they do?
8. Explain what Mick arranges for Buford in "Manchester."
9. Why is Buford amazed at the way the supporter's interact with him in "Turin"?
10. Why does Buford go to Stamford Bridge in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain DJ's opinion of the late 20th century's antisocial behavior. Does football violence relate to that of a political or economical cause?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the following terms and how they relate to European football: a firm, thug, the Inner City Jibbers, "going off."
Essay Topic 3
When Buford meets many member of the ICJ in the chapter "Turin" what surprises him about the men? What does Buford think the men need or want from being a part of the ICJ?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)