|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" feel about journalists?
2. Who does Buford attempt to locate to interview at the end of "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
3. What does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" say about those involved in firms?
4. Which of the following does Buford not mention in relation to the football fans?
5. What do the English fans do to the Italian crowd in "Turin"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the Italian boy who goes into the crowd to practice his English in "Turin"?
2. What does Buford learn about the people high in command in the ICJ when he travels to Turin?
3. What does the police superintendent R. McAllister want to discuss with Buford at the beginning of "Sunderland and Manchester"?
4. What does Buford realize about members of the firm at the pub, Brunswick, in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
5. Who arrives at the Stamford Bridge in "A Station outside Cardiff" and what do they do?
6. What does Mick say makes a good leader within the ICJ?
7. Who is Michael Wicks, and what is he doing as Buford exits the plane in "Turin"?
8. What happens as Jackie attempts to distribute the crowd to their respective hotels?
9. Explain what Mick arranges for Buford in "Manchester."
10. Why does the Italian army arrive and escort them to the match in "Turin"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the following terms and how they relate to European football: a firm, thug, the Inner City Jibbers, "going off."
Essay Topic 2
Explain why the English supporters think they are most effective in causing chaos in a foreign country. What team embarrasses the Manchester United firm?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the consciousness of the crowd when the moment of violence "goes off." What happens to the individual among the crowd when chaos breaks out?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)