|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Buford attempt to locate to interview at the end of "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
2. What does Buford notice at the first game he attends?
3. What three adjectives does Buford use to describe the conditions of the matches?
4. Where does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" take him?
5. What does the mob begin to chant at the train station in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Buford, explain what the crowd is like when waiting for a goal to be scored at a football match.
2. What does Buford say about antisocial behaviors among members of the mob when it goes off in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
3. What happens as Jackie attempts to distribute the crowd to their respective hotels?
4. What does Buford say about crowd theories in the middle of "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
5. What does Buford notice about the man he sees that stood close to him at the game in "Cambridge"?
6. Explain why history is so important among members of the firm in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
7. According to Buford, what happens to the individual among the crowd when the football game begins?
8. What does Buford learn about those traveling on his flight to Turin in "Manchester"?
9. What does Buford learn about the people high in command in the ICJ when he travels to Turin?
10. What happens after Robert warns Buford to be careful among the crowd in "Dawes Road, Fulham" when they arrive in Tottenham?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Buford meets many member of the ICJ in the chapter "Turin" what surprises him about the men? What does Buford think the men need or want from being a part of the ICJ?
Essay Topic 2
What does Buford notice about the individual and the crowd at the end of "Cambridge"? How is this significant to the mentality of the crowd in general?
Essay Topic 3
Explain what the National Front promotes. How does Buford react to their behavior and mentality?
This section contains 1,255 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)