Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mob begin to chant at the train station in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
2. Where does R. McAllister work?
3. What does Buford realize as he talks to the men in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
4. What does the boy who looks like Keith Richards say to Buford about the football violence?
5. Who does Buford meet and spend a long and informative evening with in "Manchester"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buford notice about the flight to Turin that ends up proving himself wrong?
2. What happens to the Italian boy who goes into the crowd to practice his English in "Turin"?
3. How does Buford end up at the political disco party hosted by the NF?
4. What is the return flight from Turin to England like at the end of "Turin"?
5. What does Buford learn about the people high in command in the ICJ when he travels to Turin?
6. Why do the supporters come to a halt at the end of "Sardinia"?
7. What does Buford notice about the skinheads at the disco in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
8. Describe what DJ, a budding photographer, tells Buford at the beginning of "Dusseldorf."
9. What does Buford notice about the man he sees that stood close to him at the game in "Cambridge"?
10. What does Buford say about antisocial behaviors among members of the mob when it goes off in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
Essay Topic 1
Harry is man who leads a dual life. Explain the life of duality he leads. Do you think most men belonging to a firm lead a life of duality? How do these roles coexist?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the differences among European football fans and those of American football fans. How does the relationship between police and supporters differ between the two continents?
Essay Topic 3
Who does Buford attribute to coming up with crowd theories? What does Buford notice each crowd has in common after witnessing and experiencing them firsthand?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)