|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Roy Downes?
2. What does the mob begin to chant at the train station in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
3. Who does Buford follow out of the mob in "Turin"?
4. What does Buford realize about the man he meets in "Manchester"?
5. What does Robert point out to Buford in "Sunderland and Manchester" relating to mob violence?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Buford feel about the crowd at the end "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
2. What does Buford realize when he is among the crowd in Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
3. What happens at the Hillsborough game in the chapter "Dusseldorf"?
4. What does Buford connect to the working class and individuals of the mob in "Dusseldorf"?
5. Describe what members of the NF do when a black player gets the ball in a football match?
6. What is the story of John Johnstone about in "Dusseldorf"?
7. Explain what the National Front is and what it promotes.
8. According to Buford, explain what the crowd is like when waiting for a goal to be scored at a football match.
9. Why does the Italian army arrive and escort them to the match in "Turin"?
10. What happens as Jackie attempts to distribute the crowd to their respective hotels?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain DJ's opinion of the late 20th century's antisocial behavior. Does football violence relate to that of a political or economical cause?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the differences among European football fans and those of American football fans. How does the relationship between police and supporters differ between the two continents?
Essay Topic 3
When Buford meets many member of the ICJ in the chapter "Turin" what surprises him about the men? What does Buford think the men need or want from being a part of the ICJ?
This section contains 1,225 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)