|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the first game Buford attended?
2. Who is the sole leader of the West Ham supporters that march in organized lines in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
3. Who else does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" mention being involved with the ICJ?
4. What country are the semi-finals held in Chapter 2?
5. Where is Buford standing at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Buford's friends surprised at Buford's reaction to the crowd's behavior at the train station?
2. What does Buford learn about the people high in command in the ICJ when he travels to Turin?
3. What does the police superintendent R. McAllister want to discuss with Buford at the beginning of "Sunderland and Manchester"?
4. What does Mick say makes a good leader within the ICJ?
5. Who arrives at the Stamford Bridge in "A Station outside Cardiff" and what do they do?
6. Explain why history is so important among members of the firm in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
7. What happens to the Italian boy who goes into the crowd to practice his English in "Turin"?
8. What is the return flight from Turin to England like at the end of "Turin"?
9. Explain what the "simple squeeze" and "the shove" are.
10. What does Buford notice about the flight to Turin that ends up proving himself wrong?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the feelings of waiting for a goal to be scored during a football match. How does Buford feel as he waits for a scored goal in the chapter "Cambridge"?
Essay Topic 2
Explain DJ's opinion of the late 20th century's antisocial behavior. Does football violence relate to that of a political or economical cause?
Essay Topic 3
People other than members of a firm or supporters of a football team are affected by the mob's violence and mayhem. How is Buford specifically affected by the violence of the supporters? Who else is mentioned having been affected by the mob that was a bystander?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)