Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mob begin to chant at the train station in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
2. Where does R. McAllister work?
3. What does Buford realize as he talks to the men in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
4. What does the boy who looks like Keith Richards say to Buford about the football violence?
5. Who does Buford meet and spend a long and informative evening with in "Manchester"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buford notice about the flight to Turin that ends up proving himself wrong?
2. What happens to the Italian boy who goes into the crowd to practice his English in "Turin"?
3. How does Buford end up at the political disco party hosted by the NF?
4. What is the return flight from Turin to England like at the end of "Turin"?
5. What does Buford learn about the people high in command in the ICJ when he travels to Turin?
6. Why do the supporters come to a halt at the end of "Sardinia"?
7. What does Buford notice about the skinheads at the disco in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
8. Describe what DJ, a budding photographer, tells Buford at the beginning of "Dusseldorf."
9. What does Buford notice about the man he sees that stood close to him at the game in "Cambridge"?
10. What does Buford say about antisocial behaviors among members of the mob when it goes off in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Buford's initial feeling and attitude toward European football fans to that of his ending one. Include examples of events that support your opinion. How does this opinion grow or change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Explain what the National Front promotes. How does Buford react to their behavior and mentality?
Essay Topic 3
In the chapter "Turin," how do the English fans behave toward the Italians? What is Buford's reaction to the supporters' behavior?
This section contains 1,290 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)