|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the sole leader of the West Ham supporters that march in organized lines in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
2. What three adjectives does Buford use to describe the conditions of the matches?
3. What do the English fans do to the Italian crowd in "Turin"?
4. Where does Buford go to find a "firm" in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
5. What does Buford notice about hundreds of Manchester United Fans?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buford learn about the people high in command in the ICJ when he travels to Turin?
2. What happens to the Italian boy who goes into the crowd to practice his English in "Turin"?
3. How does Buford feel about the crowd at the end "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
4. What does the police superintendent R. McAllister want to discuss with Buford at the beginning of "Sunderland and Manchester"?
5. What does Steve believe in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
6. Explain why history is so important among members of the firm in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
7. Explain what it means to be "on the jib."
8. What is the return flight from Turin to England like at the end of "Turin"?
9. What does Mick say makes a good leader within the ICJ?
10. Why is Buford amazed at the way the supporter's interact with him in "Turin"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the consciousness of the crowd when the moment of violence "goes off." What happens to the individual among the crowd when chaos breaks out?
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Buford becomes so disgusted with DJ and his supporters. Why has Buford's opinion of the violence in the firm changed at the end of the chapter "Dusseldorf"?
Essay Topic 3
Buford does not mention many incidents involving women. Explain the two cases in which women are mentioned and how women might be affected as a whole by the violence and chaos of the football supporter's.
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)