|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" mention being involved with the ICJ?
2. How does Buford feel about the crowds at the games at the end of "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
3. What happened to Roy Downes?
4. Who is Tony Roberts?
5. Who does Buford meet and spend a long and informative evening with in "Manchester"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe Mick, the man Buford meets in "Manchester."
2. Why does Buford go to the bathroom to write down the stories he hears from the members of the firm in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
3. What do the English fans do while they are on the bus traveling to the match in "Turin"?
4. How does the crowd react to the knowledge that Buford is a reporter in "Turin"?
5. Why is Buford amazed at the way the supporter's interact with him in "Turin"?
6. Explain what it means to be "on the jib."
7. Who arrives at the Stamford Bridge in "A Station outside Cardiff" and what do they do?
8. What happens as Jackie attempts to distribute the crowd to their respective hotels?
9. What is the return flight from Turin to England like at the end of "Turin"?
10. Why is Buford particularly intrigued by the Manchester United firm?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Buford attends the West Ham invitation he interviews many members of the ICJ. Why do the men place such high importance on their role within the firm?
Essay Topic 2
Explain why the English supporters think they are most effective in causing chaos in a foreign country. What team embarrasses the Manchester United firm?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the differences among European football fans and those of American football fans. How does the relationship between police and supporters differ between the two continents?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)