|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" say about those involved in firms?
2. What does a "package" include?
3. Where do several English break into in "Turin"?
4. In Chapter 2, who does Manchester play?
5. What does Buford find interesting about the banned teams fans?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the crowd react to the knowledge that Buford is a reporter in "Turin"?
2. Briefly describe Mick, the man Buford meets in "Manchester."
3. Who arrives at the Stamford Bridge in "A Station outside Cardiff" and what do they do?
4. What does Buford learn about those traveling on his flight to Turin in "Manchester"?
5. Explain what the "simple squeeze" and "the shove" are.
6. Explain what Mick arranges for Buford in "Manchester."
7. Why does Buford go to Stamford Bridge in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
8. Why is Buford particularly intrigued by the Manchester United firm?
9. Explain why history is so important among members of the firm in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
10. What happens when Buford waits at a train station in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who does Buford attribute to coming up with crowd theories? What does Buford notice each crowd has in common after witnessing and experiencing them firsthand?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the differences among European football fans and those of American football fans. How does the relationship between police and supporters differ between the two continents?
Essay Topic 3
People other than members of a firm or supporters of a football team are affected by the mob's violence and mayhem. How is Buford specifically affected by the violence of the supporters? Who else is mentioned having been affected by the mob that was a bystander?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)