|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tony Roberts?
2. What does the boy who looks like Keith Richards say to Buford about the football violence?
3. Who is Roy Downes?
4. What does Buford realize as he talks to the men in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
5. What does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" do with him that evening?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the crowd react to the knowledge that Buford is a reporter in "Turin"?
2. What does Buford notice about the flight to Turin that ends up proving himself wrong?
3. What does Mick say makes a good leader within the ICJ?
4. Explain what the "simple squeeze" and "the shove" are.
5. Explain why history is so important among members of the firm in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
6. Who is Michael Wicks, and what is he doing as Buford exits the plane in "Turin"?
7. Why is Buford particularly intrigued by the Manchester United firm?
8. Why are Buford's friends surprised at Buford's reaction to the crowd's behavior at the train station?
9. Why does Buford go to Stamford Bridge in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
10. What is the return flight from Turin to England like at the end of "Turin"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the feelings of waiting for a goal to be scored during a football match. How does Buford feel as he waits for a scored goal in the chapter "Cambridge"?
Essay Topic 2
What does Buford notice about the individual and the crowd at the end of "Cambridge"? How is this significant to the mentality of the crowd in general?
Essay Topic 3
Explain what the National Front promotes. How does Buford react to their behavior and mentality?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)