|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark point out to Buford in "Sunderland and Manchester" relating to mob violence?
2. In Chapter 2, who does Manchester play?
3. Where was the first game Buford attended?
4. What firm is Gurney a part of?
5. What does Buford notice about the men on his flight in "Manchester"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the crowd react to the knowledge that Buford is a reporter in "Turin"?
2. Explain what the National Front is and what it promotes.
3. According to Buford, explain what the crowd is like when waiting for a goal to be scored at a football match.
4. What happens after Robert warns Buford to be careful among the crowd in "Dawes Road, Fulham" when they arrive in Tottenham?
5. What happens as Jackie attempts to distribute the crowd to their respective hotels?
6. What happens in the Cambridge Millwall game?
7. What does Buford say about crowd theories in the middle of "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
8. How does Buford feel about the crowd at the end "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
9. Describe what members of the NF do when a black player gets the ball in a football match?
10. Why is Buford amazed at the way the supporter's interact with him in "Turin"?
Essay Topic 1
When Buford meets many member of the ICJ in the chapter "Turin" what surprises him about the men? What does Buford think the men need or want from being a part of the ICJ?
Essay Topic 2
What does Buford notice about the individual and the crowd at the end of "Cambridge"? How is this significant to the mentality of the crowd in general?
Essay Topic 3
Buford compares the violence of the European football crowds to that of an addiction. What does Buford mean when he makes that comparison? How are they similar?
This section contains 1,203 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)