|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Manchester supporters humiliated by the West Ham supporters in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
2. What does Buford notice the police have with them at the train station in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
3. What firm is Gurney a part of?
4. Where do several English break into in "Turin"?
5. What does the boy who looks like Keith Richards say to Buford about the football violence?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Buford feel about the crowd at the end "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
2. What happens when Buford waits at a train station in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
3. Why does Buford go to the bathroom to write down the stories he hears from the members of the firm in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
4. Why does the Italian army arrive and escort them to the match in "Turin"?
5. Explain what it means to be "on the jib."
6. What does Buford learn about the people high in command in the ICJ when he travels to Turin?
7. What is the return flight from Turin to England like at the end of "Turin"?
8. What does Steve believe in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
9. Who is Michael Wicks, and what is he doing as Buford exits the plane in "Turin"?
10. Why is Buford amazed at the way the supporter's interact with him in "Turin"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Buford does not mention many incidents involving women. Explain the two cases in which women are mentioned and how women might be affected as a whole by the violence and chaos of the football supporter's.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the relationship between politics and that of the mentality of the crowd. How does Buford support or refute this relationship?
Essay Topic 3
In the chapter "Turin," how do the English fans behave toward the Italians? What is Buford's reaction to the supporters' behavior?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)