|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buford realize about the man he meets in "Manchester"?
2. What does Buford address in his book "Among the Thugs"?
3. Where was the first game Buford attended?
4. What does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" do for a living?
5. Where does Buford arrive after searching for a firm in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buford notice about the flight to Turin that ends up proving himself wrong?
2. What does Buford learn about the people high in command in the ICJ when he travels to Turin?
3. Explain what it means to be "on the jib."
4. What does Steve believe in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
5. Briefly describe Mick, the man Buford meets in "Manchester."
6. What happens to the Italian boy who goes into the crowd to practice his English in "Turin"?
7. Why is Buford particularly intrigued by the Manchester United firm?
8. Why does Buford go to the bathroom to write down the stories he hears from the members of the firm in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
9. Why is Buford amazed at the way the supporter's interact with him in "Turin"?
10. How does the crowd react to the knowledge that Buford is a reporter in "Turin"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Buford does not mention many incidents involving women. Explain the two cases in which women are mentioned and how women might be affected as a whole by the violence and chaos of the football supporter's.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the relationship between politics and that of the mentality of the crowd. How does Buford support or refute this relationship?
Essay Topic 3
People other than members of a firm or supporters of a football team are affected by the mob's violence and mayhem. How is Buford specifically affected by the violence of the supporters? Who else is mentioned having been affected by the mob that was a bystander?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)