|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two names does Buford mention he has heard of prior to meeting them in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
2. How does Buford feel about the English football game at the end of the first chapter?
3. Who is Tony Roberts?
4. What happens to the Italian boy that braves the square in hope to practice his English in "Turin"?
5. What firm is Gurney a part of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Buford feel about the crowd at the end "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
2. What happens when Buford waits at a train station in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
3. What happens as Jackie attempts to distribute the crowd to their respective hotels?
4. Explain what Mick arranges for Buford in "Manchester."
5. What is the return flight from Turin to England like at the end of "Turin"?
6. What does Buford realize about members of the firm at the pub, Brunswick, in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
7. Who arrives at the Stamford Bridge in "A Station outside Cardiff" and what do they do?
8. What do the English fans do while they are on the bus traveling to the match in "Turin"?
9. Explain why history is so important among members of the firm in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
10. What is the purpose Buford has for writing "Among the Thugs"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Buford notice about the individual and the crowd at the end of "Cambridge"? How is this significant to the mentality of the crowd in general?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the relationship between politics and that of the mentality of the crowd. How does Buford support or refute this relationship?
Essay Topic 3
When Buford attends the West Ham invitation he interviews many members of the ICJ. Why do the men place such high importance on their role within the firm?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)