|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what team is banned from attending its own matches?
2. In Chapter 2, who does Manchester play?
3. Who is Sammy and what does he do?
4. What does Buford realize about the man he meets in "Manchester"?
5. What is "the simple squeeze"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what the "simple squeeze" and "the shove" are.
2. Why is Buford particularly intrigued by the Manchester United firm?
3. What happens when Buford waits at a train station in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
4. Why does Buford go to the bathroom to write down the stories he hears from the members of the firm in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
5. Explain what it means to be "on the jib."
6. What does Buford learn about those traveling on his flight to Turin in "Manchester"?
7. What does Mick say makes a good leader within the ICJ?
8. Explain what Mick arranges for Buford in "Manchester."
9. What does Buford notice about the flight to Turin that ends up proving himself wrong?
10. What does Buford realize about members of the firm at the pub, Brunswick, in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the feelings of waiting for a goal to be scored during a football match. How does Buford feel as he waits for a scored goal in the chapter "Cambridge"?
Essay Topic 2
People other than members of a firm or supporters of a football team are affected by the mob's violence and mayhem. How is Buford specifically affected by the violence of the supporters? Who else is mentioned having been affected by the mob that was a bystander?
Essay Topic 3
Explain why Buford becomes so disgusted with DJ and his supporters. Why has Buford's opinion of the violence in the firm changed at the end of the chapter "Dusseldorf"?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)