|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Buford feel about the crowds at the games at the end of "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
2. Who does Buford remember a story about in "Turin"?
3. What does Buford find interesting about the banned teams fans?
4. Who is Roy Downes?
5. Who does Buford notice approaching him while he is standing at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Buford's friends surprised at Buford's reaction to the crowd's behavior at the train station?
2. What does Buford notice about the flight to Turin that ends up proving himself wrong?
3. Why is Buford particularly intrigued by the Manchester United firm?
4. Why does Buford go to the bathroom to write down the stories he hears from the members of the firm in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
5. What is the return flight from Turin to England like at the end of "Turin"?
6. Briefly describe Mick, the man Buford meets in "Manchester."
7. What happens to Buford that makes him unsuccessful within the mob in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
8. What does Buford learn about the people high in command in the ICJ when he travels to Turin?
9. Why does the Italian army arrive and escort them to the match in "Turin"?
10. Why do the members of the ICJ feel they are most effective when they are in a foreign country at the end of "Sunderland and Manchester"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who does Buford attribute to coming up with crowd theories? What does Buford notice each crowd has in common after witnessing and experiencing them firsthand?
Essay Topic 2
When Buford meets many member of the ICJ in the chapter "Turin" what surprises him about the men? What does Buford think the men need or want from being a part of the ICJ?
Essay Topic 3
Harry is man who leads a dual life. Explain the life of duality he leads. Do you think most men belonging to a firm lead a life of duality? How do these roles coexist?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)