|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buford notice after he arrives at a firm?
2. Where does Buford arrive after searching for a firm in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
3. What match does Buford attend at the invitation of members of the firm?
4. What does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" do for a living?
5. What does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" do with him that evening?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the English fans do while they are on the bus traveling to the match in "Turin"?
2. What happens when Buford waits at a train station in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
3. Why does the Italian army arrive and escort them to the match in "Turin"?
4. What does Buford learn about those traveling on his flight to Turin in "Manchester"?
5. What happens to Buford that makes him unsuccessful within the mob in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
6. What does the police superintendent R. McAllister want to discuss with Buford at the beginning of "Sunderland and Manchester"?
7. Who is Michael Wicks, and what is he doing as Buford exits the plane in "Turin"?
8. Explain why history is so important among members of the firm in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
9. Why are Buford's friends surprised at Buford's reaction to the crowd's behavior at the train station?
10. How does Buford feel about the crowd at the end "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Buford notice about the individual and the crowd at the end of "Cambridge"? How is this significant to the mentality of the crowd in general?
Essay Topic 2
Explain what the National Front promotes. How does Buford react to their behavior and mentality?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the following terms and how they relate to European football: a firm, thug, the Inner City Jibbers, "going off."
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)