|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What teams does Buford mention in "Cambridge" that when a goal was finally scored the crowd erupts which results in several injuries?
(a) The two Glasgow teams.
(b) The two Cambdrigde teams.
(c) Manchester and Turin.
(d) The two Italian teams.
2. What does Buford mention happening at another no score game when a goal was finally made in "Cambridge"?
(a) The crowd uprooted the goal posts.
(b) Someone was severely injured.
(c) Someone died.
(d) People celebrated by going to eat dinner.
3. What happens in Peterborough in "Dusseldorf"?
(a) 150 Derby supporters attack a group of boys and break one's skull.
(b) A mob sets fire to a local theatre.
(c) A mob sets fire to a local orphanage.
(d) A mob attacks a family with 2 children.
4. What does Buford explain at the beginning of "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) What happens when it "goes off."
(b) What he wants to eat.
(c) That he loves European football.
(d) How he is homesick.
5. What does Buford say about the first person to cross the line in a crowd in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) Th first to cross is the youngest.
(b) The first to cross will get injured or killed.
(c) The first to cross is the leader.
(d) The first to cross the line is rarely a leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the crowd do that makes it become lawless in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
2. Where does Buford wake up at the end of "Bury St. Edmunds"?
3. What does Buford say about antisocial behavior and individuality in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
4. What does the newspaper Buford receives after he goes to St. Edmunds promote?
5. What are the skinheads doing when Buford watches them in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert tell Buford as they walk to Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham" that is significant about one of the mob members?
2. What does Buford connect to the working class and individuals of the mob in "Dusseldorf"?
3. Describe what DJ, a budding photographer, tells Buford at the beginning of "Dusseldorf."
4. What happens after Robert warns Buford to be careful among the crowd in "Dawes Road, Fulham" when they arrive in Tottenham?
5. Describe the duality of Harry's life, the man Buford meets in "Dusseldorf."
6. According to Buford, what happens to the individual among the crowd when the football game begins?
7. What happens in the Cambridge Millwall game?
8. What is the story of John Johnstone about in "Dusseldorf"?
9. What does Buford say about antisocial behaviors among members of the mob when it goes off in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
10. What does Buford say about crowd theories in the middle of "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)