|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does DJ think about the football violence's cause in "Dusseldorf"?
(a) The violence has great cause.
(b) It should be supported by the government.
(c) It should be banned.
(d) The violence at its roots has no cause.
2. Why does Buford say this moment of violence is addictive to those in the crowd on "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) It is an extreme need to fulfiill.
(b) It is one of pain that is released in the violence.
(c) To release one's tension is addicting.
(d) It is one of the most pleasureable experiences.
3. Where is the match Buford flies to held in "Dusseldorf"?
4. What does Buford say happens to the crowd when the violence "goes off" in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) It has a one track mindset.
(b) There is a moment of single consciousness.
(c) It is too complex to understand.
(d) It operates on many levels.
5. Who sucked the eyeball out of a policeman's head and bit it off in "Dusseldorf"?
(d) Neil Watson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Buford speak to when he calls the number in the packet he is given in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
2. What does Buford explain at the beginning of "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
3. What does Buford attend at the beginning of "Bury St. Edmunds"?
4. How many people does Buford mention being injured in Chester in "Dusseldorf"?
5. What does Buford say about the human consciousness as the crowd becomes lawless in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buford say about crowd theories in the middle of "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
2. What does Buford realize when he is among the crowd in Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
3. Describe the duality of Harry's life, the man Buford meets in "Dusseldorf."
4. What happens to end the disco party in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
5. What does Buford notice about the man he sees that stood close to him at the game in "Cambridge"?
6. What does Buford say at the end of "Dawes Road, Fulham" about the moment when the mob goes off?
7. What is the story of John Johnstone about in "Dusseldorf"?
8. According to Buford, what happens to the individual among the crowd when the football game begins?
9. According to Buford, explain what the crowd is like when waiting for a goal to be scored at a football match.
10. What qualities make DJ different from other football supporters according to Buford in "Dusseldorf"?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)