|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buford wonder happens to the crowd when the game goes into overtime without scoring a goal?
(a) What happens to the energy if it is not released by a scored goal.
(b) How they will react.
(c) Where they go.
(d) If they will dissipate without violence.
2. What does DJ describe in the beginning of "Dusseldorf"?
(a) An FA cup final.
(b) A drunk man.
(d) A young female patient who is picked up by a group of supporters and molested.
3. Where is Buford walking when he recognizes the man in the stadium in "Cambridge"?
(a) To his car.
(b) Down the street.
(c) To his hotel.
(d) To a pub.
4. Who saves Buford from being beaten against a lamppost?
(b) Ian Anderson.
5. What does Buford mention happening at another no score game when a goal was finally made in "Cambridge"?
(a) Someone died.
(b) Someone was severely injured.
(c) People celebrated by going to eat dinner.
(d) The crowd uprooted the goal posts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in Peterborough in "Dusseldorf"?
2. How does the crowd feel according to Buford in the first half of the FA Cup match in "Cambridge"?
3. What does Robert tell Buford about Sammy?
4. What does Buford realize as he is being hit by the police officer in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
5. What teams does Buford mention in "Cambridge" that when a goal was finally scored the crowd erupts which results in several injuries?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the duality of Harry's life, the man Buford meets in "Dusseldorf."
2. What does Buford notice about the skinheads at the disco in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
3. Describe what DJ, a budding photographer, tells Buford at the beginning of "Dusseldorf."
4. What does Buford say about antisocial behaviors among members of the mob when it goes off in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
5. What happens at the Hillsborough game in the chapter "Dusseldorf"?
6. What happens to end the disco party in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
7. How does Buford end up at the political disco party hosted by the NF?
8. According to Buford, explain what the crowd is like when waiting for a goal to be scored at a football match.
9. What does Buford specifically mention in "Cambridge" that happens when a score is finally made between the two Glasgow teams?
10. According to Buford, how does a crowd react if a goal is never scored?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)