|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the skinheads doing when Buford watches them in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
(b) Dancing and jumping up and down.
2. How does Buford describe the conditions of stadiums in "Cambridge"?
(a) He likes the smell and atmosphere.
(b) They are horrible, lack seats, and have overflowing toilets.
(c) They are very clean.
(d) They are really unsanitary.
3. What makes the atmosphere of the skinhead's more dangerous in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
(a) The White Power music begins to play.
(b) Someone throws a stool.
(c) The women leave and the men go crazy.
(d) Blacks come to the bar.
4. What does Buford wonder about the energy of a crowd in football matches in "Cambridge"?
(a) Why the energy depletes at the end of the game before the riots break out.
(b) How people keep their energy the entire game.
(c) Why the energy rises in the second half.
(d) What happens to the energy if it isn't released with a score.
5. What does Buford begin subscribing to in "Dusseldorf"?
(a) A news service that reports football violence.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) Direct TV.
(d) A magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buford wonder happens to the crowd when the game goes into overtime without scoring a goal?
2. What does Robert tell Buford about Sammy?
3. What team does Buford mention tying several games and only winning in the second of third rematch in "Cambridge"?
4. How does Buford describe those who attack the tank feel in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
5. Who sucked the eyeball out of a policeman's head and bit it off in "Dusseldorf"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buford say at the end of "Dawes Road, Fulham" about the moment when the mob goes off?
2. Describe the duality of Harry's life, the man Buford meets in "Dusseldorf."
3. What does Buford specifically mention in "Cambridge" that happens when a score is finally made between the two Glasgow teams?
4. Describe what DJ, a budding photographer, tells Buford at the beginning of "Dusseldorf."
5. According to Buford, explain what the crowd is like when waiting for a goal to be scored at a football match.
6. What does Buford say about antisocial behaviors among members of the mob when it goes off in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
7. What does Buford notice about the man he sees that stood close to him at the game in "Cambridge"?
8. What does Buford realize when he is among the crowd in Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
9. What is interesting about the bar that hosts the disco party in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
10. What happens after Robert warns Buford to be careful among the crowd in "Dawes Road, Fulham" when they arrive in Tottenham?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)