|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buford compare the crowd at the FA Cup match to in "Cambridge"?
(a) A hot air balloon.
(b) Livestock in a pen.
(c) A pregnant woman.
(d) A baboon.
2. Who sneaks past the police with Buford in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(c) Robert and hundreds of supporters.
(d) Ian Anderson.
3. How does the game end in "Cambridge"?
(a) When the guest team scores on itself.
(b) When Cambridge forfeits.
(c) When Cambridge scores on itself.
(d) After four rematches.
4. What does Buford wonder about the energy of a crowd in football matches in "Cambridge"?
(a) Why the energy rises in the second half.
(b) What happens to the energy if it isn't released with a score.
(c) Why the energy depletes at the end of the game before the riots break out.
(d) How people keep their energy the entire game.
5. What does Buford explain at the beginning of "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) That he loves European football.
(b) What happens when it "goes off."
(c) How he is homesick.
(d) What he wants to eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buford notice about the crowd at the FA cup match during halftime in "Cambridge"?
2. Who does Buford resume a friendship with in "Dusseldorf"?
3. Where does the National Front operate?
4. Who does Buford say leads a double life of family man and mob supporter in "Dusseldorf"?
5. Where does Buford meet Neil?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buford say about crowd theories in the middle of "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
2. What does Buford realize when he is among the crowd in Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
3. What is interesting about the bar that hosts the disco party in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
4. What happens at the Hillsborough game in the chapter "Dusseldorf"?
5. What does Robert tell Buford as they walk to Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham" that is significant about one of the mob members?
6. What does Buford say about antisocial behaviors among members of the mob when it goes off in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
7. According to Buford, how does a crowd react if a goal is never scored?
8. What happens to end the disco party in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
9. What does Buford say at the end of "Dawes Road, Fulham" about the moment when the mob goes off?
10. Explain what the National Front is and what it promotes.
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)