|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the police officer in "Dawes Road, Fulham" hit Buford with?
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) The dog's chain.
(c) His fist.
(d) A night stick.
2. What does Buford begin subscribing to in "Dusseldorf"?
(a) Direct TV.
(b) A news service that reports football violence.
(c) A magazine.
(d) A newspaper.
3. What does Buford say happens to the crowd when the violence "goes off" in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) It is too complex to understand.
(b) There is a moment of single consciousness.
(c) It operates on many levels.
(d) It has a one track mindset.
4. How does Buford describe the conditions of stadiums in "Cambridge"?
(a) They are really unsanitary.
(b) They are horrible, lack seats, and have overflowing toilets.
(c) He likes the smell and atmosphere.
(d) They are very clean.
5. Where does the National Front operate?
(a) St. Edmunds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people does Buford mention being injured in Chester in "Dusseldorf"?
2. How does Buford describe those who attack the tank feel in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
3. What does Buford explain at the beginning of "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
4. What does Buford wonder about the energy of a crowd in football matches in "Cambridge"?
5. What does Buford mention happening at another no score game when a goal was finally made in "Cambridge"?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Buford, how does a crowd react if a goal is never scored?
2. What does Buford say about antisocial behaviors among members of the mob when it goes off in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
3. Describe what members of the NF do when a black player gets the ball in a football match?
4. How does Buford end up at the political disco party hosted by the NF?
5. What does Buford specifically mention in "Cambridge" that happens when a score is finally made between the two Glasgow teams?
6. Explain what the National Front is and what it promotes.
7. What happens at the Hillsborough game in the chapter "Dusseldorf"?
8. What qualities make DJ different from other football supporters according to Buford in "Dusseldorf"?
9. What happens after Robert warns Buford to be careful among the crowd in "Dawes Road, Fulham" when they arrive in Tottenham?
10. What does Buford connect to the working class and individuals of the mob in "Dusseldorf"?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)