|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are several people injured in the crowd that celebrates the scored goal at the end of "Cambridge"?
(a) They were shot.
(b) Bottles were thrown at people.
(c) Fights broke out and riots occurred.
(d) Falling down steps.
2. Why does Buford say this moment of violence is addictive to those in the crowd on "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) It is one of pain that is released in the violence.
(b) To release one's tension is addicting.
(c) It is one of the most pleasureable experiences.
(d) It is an extreme need to fulfiill.
3. What does Buford compare the crowd at the FA Cup match to in "Cambridge"?
(a) A pregnant woman.
(b) A hot air balloon.
(c) A baboon.
(d) Livestock in a pen.
4. According to Buford what is the individual aware of in the moment the violence "goes off" in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) One becomes animalistic.
(b) One is only aware of the present.
(c) One is not aware at all.
(d) One becomes refined.
5. What does Buford say the power of the National Front depends on?
(a) The mom's of the football players.
(b) The firm leaders.
(c) The crowd mentality.
(d) The football score.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Buford walking when he recognizes the man in the stadium in "Cambridge"?
2. What does Buford say about the first person to cross the line in a crowd in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
3. What does the crowd do that makes it become lawless in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
4. What makes the atmosphere of the skinhead's more dangerous in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
5. What does Buford realize as he is being hit by the police officer in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buford notice about the skinheads at the disco in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
2. What does Robert tell Buford as they walk to Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham" that is significant about one of the mob members?
3. What does Buford say about antisocial behaviors among members of the mob when it goes off in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
4. What does Buford specifically mention in "Cambridge" that happens when a score is finally made between the two Glasgow teams?
5. Describe the duality of Harry's life, the man Buford meets in "Dusseldorf."
6. What is interesting about the bar that hosts the disco party in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
7. What does Buford say at the end of "Dawes Road, Fulham" about the moment when the mob goes off?
8. What is the story of John Johnstone about in "Dusseldorf"?
9. Explain what the National Front is and what it promotes.
10. What happens at the Hillsborough game in the chapter "Dusseldorf"?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)