|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buford wonder happens to the crowd when the game goes into overtime without scoring a goal?
(a) Where they go.
(b) If they will dissipate without violence.
(c) What happens to the energy if it is not released by a scored goal.
(d) How they will react.
2. What is the animal sound the crowd imitates as a black player gets a ball?
(a) A dog.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A cat.
(d) An ape.
3. Who does Buford say crowd theories come from in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) Older people come up with them.
(b) Those who were victimized by a crowd.
(c) He has his own theory.
(d) No one has come up with a theory.
4. What does Buford point out happens among many football matches in "Cambridge"?
(a) Their is really good food.
(b) Many games end without a score.
(c) No one can drink inside the stadium.
(d) Children are not present at all.
5. What is the name of the newspaper Buford receives after he goes to St. Edmunds?
(a) The AJC.
(b) The Bulldog.
(c) The London Times.
(d) The Chronicle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buford say about the human consciousness as the crowd becomes lawless in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
2. How does Buford describe those who attack the tank feel in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
3. What does Buford say about the generation's use of violence at the end of "Dusseldorf"?
4. Who is supposed to be Buford's host for the evening in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
5. What reason does Buford not give as reason that DJ is different than other supporters in "Dusseldorf"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buford say about antisocial behaviors among members of the mob when it goes off in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
2. Describe the duality of Harry's life, the man Buford meets in "Dusseldorf."
3. What happens to end the disco party in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
4. What happens at the Hillsborough game in the chapter "Dusseldorf"?
5. What is the story of John Johnstone about in "Dusseldorf"?
6. What qualities make DJ different from other football supporters according to Buford in "Dusseldorf"?
7. What does Buford say at the end of "Dawes Road, Fulham" about the moment when the mob goes off?
8. What happens in the Cambridge Millwall game?
9. What does Buford connect to the working class and individuals of the mob in "Dusseldorf"?
10. What does Buford notice about the man he sees that stood close to him at the game in "Cambridge"?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)