|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert tell Buford about Sammy?
(a) He is believed to have killed a man.
(b) He is broke.
(c) He is gay.
(d) He will be the head of the ICJ next year.
2. What does Buford realize as he is being hit by the police officer in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) The police are corrupt.
(b) He wants to go home.
(c) They are crazy.
(d) He is now a supporter and not a journalist.
3. What does the police officer in "Dawes Road, Fulham" hit Buford with?
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) The dog's chain.
(c) A night stick.
(d) His fist.
4. What does DJ describe in the beginning of "Dusseldorf"?
(b) A drunk man.
(c) A young female patient who is picked up by a group of supporters and molested.
(d) An FA cup final.
5. What does Buford attend at the beginning of "Bury St. Edmunds"?
(a) A classical music concert.
(b) A First National Front disco party.
(c) A football game.
(d) A party in West End.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does DJ think about the football violence's cause in "Dusseldorf"?
2. What is the animal sound the crowd imitates as a black player gets a ball?
3. How are several people injured in the crowd that celebrates the scored goal at the end of "Cambridge"?
4. Why has the feeling Buford describes in "Dawes Road, Fulham" heightened?
5. Why does Buford say this moment of violence is addictive to those in the crowd on "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Buford, explain what the crowd is like when waiting for a goal to be scored at a football match.
2. How does Buford end up at the political disco party hosted by the NF?
3. Explain what the National Front is and what it promotes.
4. What does Buford say at the end of "Dawes Road, Fulham" about the moment when the mob goes off?
5. According to Buford, what happens to the individual among the crowd when the football game begins?
6. What does Buford notice about the skinheads at the disco in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
7. What does Robert tell Buford as they walk to Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham" that is significant about one of the mob members?
8. What does Buford specifically mention in "Cambridge" that happens when a score is finally made between the two Glasgow teams?
9. What happens at the Hillsborough game in the chapter "Dusseldorf"?
10. What happens to end the disco party in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)