Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does R. McAllister work?
(a) A travel agency.
(b) A pub.
(c) Wearside Police.
(d) A firm.
2. Who is Sammy and what does he do?
(a) One of the ICJ leaders and a professional theif.
(b) One of the ICJ leaders and a cop.
(c) One of the ICJ leaders and a hitman.
(d) One of the ICJ leaders and a professional thief.
3. How do Buford and the Italians feel as they watch the English outside the square in "Turin"?
(a) Ready to fight back.
(b) Fascinated and in awe.
(c) Disgruntled and appalled.
4. Buford notes how much alcohol he has consumed with the man he meets in "Manchester." How much is it?
(a) 4 shots and 7 pints of lager.
(b) 2 cans of lager and 8 pints of bitter.
(c) 2 cans of bitter and 8 pints of lager.
(d) A bottle of Vodka and 4 cans of lager.
5. What happens to the woman who screams in the crowd in "Turin"?
(a) She dies.
(b) She falls and breaks her leg.
(c) She is seriously injured.
(d) She is passed to the front and exits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark point out to Buford in "Sunderland and Manchester" relating to mob violence?
2. What happens to the man that falls at the beginning of the book?
3. Who makes up the smaller circle of Manchester United supporters?
4. What do the English fans do to the Italian crowd in "Turin"?
5. How does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" feel about journalists?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the English fans do while they are on the bus traveling to the match in "Turin"?
2. What qualities make DJ different from other football supporters according to Buford in "Dusseldorf"?
3. Why is Buford particularly intrigued by the Manchester United firm?
4. Why does Buford go to Stamford Bridge in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
5. What happens to Buford that makes him unsuccessful within the mob in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
6. What does Buford realize when he is among the crowd in Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
7. What does Buford notice about the man he sees that stood close to him at the game in "Cambridge"?
8. What does Buford realize about members of the firm at the pub, Brunswick, in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
9. Why are Buford's friends surprised at Buford's reaction to the crowd's behavior at the train station?
10. What happens after Robert warns Buford to be careful among the crowd in "Dawes Road, Fulham" when they arrive in Tottenham?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)