|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the man that falls at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is murdered.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) He is given food.
(d) He is taken home.
2. What is Buford's first game?
3. What is the Manchester football fan club named?
(a) Iron City Jaws.
(b) In Cite Jibs.
(c) Inner City Jibbers or ICJ.
(d) Inner Cite Jabbers.
4. Where does Buford arrive after searching for a firm in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
(a) The lake.
(b) The river.
(c) The pub.
(d) The Shed.
5. What happens to the woman who screams in the crowd in "Turin"?
(a) She is seriously injured.
(b) She is passed to the front and exits.
(c) She dies.
(d) She falls and breaks her leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much alcohol does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" consume?
2. What does the boy who looks like Keith Richards say to Buford about the football violence?
3. What does Steve believe about the mob mentality in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
4. What does Buford notice the police have with them at the train station in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
5. What does the Manchester group note at the end of "Sunderland and Manchester"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Buford's friends surprised at Buford's reaction to the crowd's behavior at the train station?
2. Why do the members of the ICJ feel they are most effective when they are in a foreign country at the end of "Sunderland and Manchester"?
3. What happens to Buford at the end of the novel?
4. According to Buford, what happens to the individual among the crowd when the football game begins?
5. Who arrives at the Stamford Bridge in "A Station outside Cardiff" and what do they do?
6. What happens to the Italian boy who goes into the crowd to practice his English in "Turin"?
7. What happens after Robert warns Buford to be careful among the crowd in "Dawes Road, Fulham" when they arrive in Tottenham?
8. What does Buford notice about the man he sees that stood close to him at the game in "Cambridge"?
9. How does the crowd react to the knowledge that Buford is a reporter in "Turin"?
10. Explain why history is so important among members of the firm in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)