|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the man that falls at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is taken home.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) He is murdered.
(d) He is given food.
2. What happens to the Italian boy that braves the square in hope to practice his English in "Turin"?
(a) He is stabbed.
(b) He is spit and urinated on.
(c) He is beaten to near death.
(d) He is kicked in the groin and led away by his friends.
3. What does it mean when a person is on the "jib"?
(a) They are fugitives.
(b) They are sick.
(c) They are poor and broke.
(d) They travel to the games without spending any money.
4. Who is Tony Roberts?
(a) A true thug.
(b) A well dressed leader who jumps from position to position.
(c) A pub owner.
(d) A football player.
5. Who else does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" mention being involved with the ICJ?
(a) Royce Doons and Bobby Ban.
(b) Raye Down and Bann Bobby.
(c) Ray Deer and Bob Bob.
(d) Roy Downes and Banana Bob.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Buford go to find a "firm" in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
2. What does the Manchester group note at the end of "Sunderland and Manchester"?
3. What does Buford realize as he talks to the men in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
4. What is the Manchester football fan club named?
5. What does Buford mean when he says the man he meets in "Manchester" is well off?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Buford amazed at the way the supporter's interact with him in "Turin"?
2. Why is Buford particularly intrigued by the Manchester United firm?
3. What does Buford learn about the people high in command in the ICJ when he travels to Turin?
4. Who is Michael Wicks, and what is he doing as Buford exits the plane in "Turin"?
5. Why does the Italian army arrive and escort them to the match in "Turin"?
6. What does Steve believe in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
7. How does the crowd react to the knowledge that Buford is a reporter in "Turin"?
8. What happens as Jackie attempts to distribute the crowd to their respective hotels?
9. What does Buford realize about members of the firm at the pub, Brunswick, in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
10. Explain what the "simple squeeze" and "the shove" are.
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)