|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Buford feel about the English football game at the end of the first chapter?
(a) He is indifferent and just wants to finish his story.
(b) He likes it, although he is not in a firm yet.
(c) He loves it and wants to become a leader in one of the firms.
(d) He hates it, but needs his interview.
2. Which of the following is not mentioned being beaten by the English?
(a) A man in front of his family.
(b) An eleven year old boy.
(c) A woman with a baby.
(d) An Italian's head is smashed.
3. Who is the sole leader of the West Ham supporters that march in organized lines in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(a) Bruce Gardney.
(b) Billy G.
(c) Bill Gardiner.
(d) Ben Garden.
4. Who is Michael Wicks?
(a) A football player.
(b) The head of the ICJ.
(c) A pilot.
(d) The acting British Consul.
5. Who does Buford meet and spend a long and informative evening with in "Manchester"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Buford feel among the crowd in "Turin"?
2. Who does Buford remember a story about in "Turin"?
3. What does being a jib require?
4. Where does Buford meet R. McAllister?
5. How does Buford feel about the crowds at the games at the end of "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buford learn about the people high in command in the ICJ when he travels to Turin?
2. What does Buford notice about the flight to Turin that ends up proving himself wrong?
3. Describe what DJ, a budding photographer, tells Buford at the beginning of "Dusseldorf."
4. What does Buford realize when he is among the crowd in Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
5. Describe the duality of Harry's life, the man Buford meets in "Dusseldorf."
6. Why are Buford's friends surprised at Buford's reaction to the crowd's behavior at the train station?
7. Describe what members of the NF do when a black player gets the ball in a football match?
8. What happens in the Cambridge Millwall game?
9. What happens when Buford waits at a train station in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
10. What happens as Jackie attempts to distribute the crowd to their respective hotels?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)