|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Buford feel among the crowd in "Turin"?
2. What does Buford notice the police have with them at the train station in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(a) Tear gas.
(b) Dog handlers.
(c) Night sticks.
3. How does Buford feel about the crowds at the games at the end of "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
(a) Surprised that he enjoys the crowds.
(b) Intrigued by the crowds chaos.
(c) Scared of the crowds.
(d) Hates the crowds.
4. What two names does Buford mention he has heard of prior to meeting them in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(a) Daffy Duck and Burnt Red.
(b) Daft Donald and Berlin Red.
(c) D. Donn and B. Redd.
(d) Daft Donny and Berly Reedy.
5. Who is Tony Roberts?
(a) A pub owner.
(b) A true thug.
(c) A well dressed leader who jumps from position to position.
(d) A football player.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Buford go to find a "firm" in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
2. Where does Buford retreat to jot down the stories the men give him in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
3. What does Steve believe about the mob mentality in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
4. What does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" say about those involved in firms?
5. What does the boy who looks like Keith Richards say to Buford about the football violence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as Jackie attempts to distribute the crowd to their respective hotels?
2. What does Mick say makes a good leader within the ICJ?
3. According to Buford, what happens to the individual among the crowd when the football game begins?
4. What happens to end the disco party in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
5. What does Buford realize about members of the firm at the pub, Brunswick, in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
6. What does the police superintendent R. McAllister want to discuss with Buford at the beginning of "Sunderland and Manchester"?
7. Why does the Italian army arrive and escort them to the match in "Turin"?
8. What happens to Buford at the end of the novel?
9. What makes Buford fly to the island for the FA Cup final in "Sardinia"?
10. Explain what it means to be "on the jib."
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)