|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the first game Buford attended?
(a) Blackney Street.
(b) White Hart Lane.
(c) White Hay Road.
(d) Black Heart Lane.
2. How does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" feel about journalists?
(a) He feels indifferent about them.
(b) He hates them and calls them wankers.
(c) He loves them.
(d) He despises them.
3. What does Buford purchase from the man he meets in "Manchester"?
(a) His airfare to the next game.
(b) His watch.
(c) The package.
(d) His game tickets.
4. What does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" do for a living?
(a) He is a police officer.
(b) He is a retired football player.
(c) He is a janitor.
(d) He's a skilled electrician.
5. What two names does Buford mention he has heard of prior to meeting them in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(a) Daffy Duck and Burnt Red.
(b) Daft Donny and Berly Reedy.
(c) D. Donn and B. Redd.
(d) Daft Donald and Berlin Red.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Buford and R. McAllister discuss?
2. Who is the sole leader of the West Ham supporters that march in organized lines in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
3. Why are the Manchester supporters humiliated by the West Ham supporters in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
4. What does a "package" include?
5. Which of the following is not mentioned being beaten by the English?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what it means to be "on the jib."
2. Why are Buford's friends surprised at Buford's reaction to the crowd's behavior at the train station?
3. What is the return flight from Turin to England like at the end of "Turin"?
4. Why does Buford go to the bathroom to write down the stories he hears from the members of the firm in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
5. What does Buford learn about those traveling on his flight to Turin in "Manchester"?
6. How does the crowd react to the knowledge that Buford is a reporter in "Turin"?
7. Why is Buford particularly intrigued by the Manchester United firm?
8. What does the police superintendent R. McAllister want to discuss with Buford at the beginning of "Sunderland and Manchester"?
9. How does Buford feel about the crowd at the end "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
10. Explain what Mick arranges for Buford in "Manchester."
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)