|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Buford meet R. McAllister?
2. Where does Buford attend other matches at the end of "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
(a) London and Glasgow.
(b) Dublin and Cork.
(c) Oxford and Cambridge.
(d) Manchester and Glascow.
3. How much money does Buford estimate the man he meets in "Manchester" spends at the pub?
(a) 60 pounds.
(b) 75 pounds.
(c) 60 dollars.
(d) 75 dollars.
4. What happened to Roy Downes?
(a) He kills Tony Roberts.
(b) He was murdered.
(c) He was appointed head of ICJ.
(d) He was stabbed by several rival fans.
5. What does Buford notice at the first game he attends?
(a) Many younger individuals swear violently and fight.
(b) Women are present.
(c) Children are not allowed.
(d) Women are not present.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "the simple squeeze"?
2. Who is Michael Wicks?
3. Where was the first game Buford attended?
4. What does a "package" include?
5. Why are the Manchester supporters humiliated by the West Ham supporters in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Buford's friends surprised at Buford's reaction to the crowd's behavior at the train station?
2. What does the police superintendent R. McAllister want to discuss with Buford at the beginning of "Sunderland and Manchester"?
3. How does Buford feel about the crowd at the end "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
4. Explain what the "simple squeeze" and "the shove" are.
5. Explain what Mick arranges for Buford in "Manchester."
6. Who is Michael Wicks, and what is he doing as Buford exits the plane in "Turin"?
7. Who arrives at the Stamford Bridge in "A Station outside Cardiff" and what do they do?
8. What does Buford realize about members of the firm at the pub, Brunswick, in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
9. Why does Buford go to Stamford Bridge in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
10. What happens to the Italian boy who goes into the crowd to practice his English in "Turin"?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)