|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What three adjectives does Buford use to describe the conditions of the matches?
(a) Cramped, dirty, and volatile.
(b) Smelly, bleak, and disgusting.
(c) Cramped, old, and violent.
(d) Pleasurable, dirty, and volatile.
2. What does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" do with him that evening?
(a) Gets Buford really drunk as they talk.
(b) Beats him up.
(c) Takes him to dinner.
(d) Nearly kills Buford.
3. How do Buford and the Italians feel as they watch the English outside the square in "Turin"?
(a) Ready to fight back.
(b) Disgruntled and appalled.
(c) Fascinated and in awe.
4. Where does Buford go to find a "firm" in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
(a) Samford Canal.
(b) Stafford Road.
(c) Stamford Lane.
(d) Stamford Bridge.
5. How does Buford feel among the crowd in "Turin"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what team is banned from attending its own matches?
2. Who is Tony Roberts?
3. What agency handles the "package" deal that the man Buford meets in "Manchester" tells him about?
4. While Buford waits for his tickets to be set up, who throws bottle and debris at their head beneath the stadium in "Turin"?
5. What is "the shove"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buford specifically mention in "Cambridge" that happens when a score is finally made between the two Glasgow teams?
2. Briefly describe Mick, the man Buford meets in "Manchester."
3. According to Buford, explain what the crowd is like when waiting for a goal to be scored at a football match.
4. What does Buford learn is planned upon arrival in "Sardinia"?
5. What does Mick say makes a good leader within the ICJ?
6. Explain what the National Front is and what it promotes.
7. What does Buford notice about the skinheads at the disco in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
8. What happens to Buford at the end of the novel?
9. Explain what the "simple squeeze" and "the shove" are.
10. What does Buford notice about the flight to Turin that ends up proving himself wrong?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)