|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Buford notice approaching him while he is standing at the beginning of the book?
(a) Several police officers.
(c) An old lady.
(d) Football players.
2. What does Buford address in his book "Among the Thugs"?
(a) Thugs in America.
(b) The violent behavior of European football firms.
(c) Thugs in Europe.
(d) Thugs in music, sports, and media.
3. What match does Buford attend at the invitation of members of the firm?
(a) Turin Juventus.
(c) West Ham.
4. What is the Manchester football fan club named?
(a) In Cite Jibs.
(b) Inner City Jibbers or ICJ.
(c) Inner Cite Jabbers.
(d) Iron City Jaws.
5. What does Steve believe about the mob mentality in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(a) The hype is so addictive.
(b) The police should allow the violence to happen since it is organized and planned.
(c) They should have more leaders within the mob.
(d) The police should intervene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard say is the most important role in life?
2. While Buford waits for his tickets to be set up, who throws bottle and debris at their head beneath the stadium in "Turin"?
3. In Chapter 2, what team is banned from attending its own matches?
4. What does the mob begin to chant at the train station in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
5. How does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" feel about journalists?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the police superintendent R. McAllister want to discuss with Buford at the beginning of "Sunderland and Manchester"?
2. What is the return flight from Turin to England like at the end of "Turin"?
3. Why does Buford go to Stamford Bridge in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
4. What does Buford learn about the people high in command in the ICJ when he travels to Turin?
5. What happens to Buford that makes him unsuccessful within the mob in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
6. What does Mick say makes a good leader within the ICJ?
7. How does the crowd react to the knowledge that Buford is a reporter in "Turin"?
8. How does Buford feel about the crowd at the end "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
9. What does Buford notice about the flight to Turin that ends up proving himself wrong?
10. What happens as Jackie attempts to distribute the crowd to their respective hotels?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)