|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Buford feel among the crowd in "Turin"?
2. What do Buford and R. McAllister discuss?
(a) American football.
(b) European football.
(c) How to become a part of a firm.
(d) The mob's violence.
3. What does Buford notice after he arrives at a firm?
(a) Gun shots.
(b) Women being raped.
(c) People being beaten.
(d) Police coming in helicopters, vehicles, and horseback.
4. In Chapter 2, who does Manchester play?
(a) Cambridge United.
(b) Cockney Reds.
(d) Turin Jeventus.
5. What does Robert point out to Buford in "Sunderland and Manchester" relating to mob violence?
(a) The police allow it.
(b) No one can control it.
(c) The women allow it.
(d) The mob has to have humor as well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a "package" include?
2. How does Buford feel about the English football game at the end of the first chapter?
3. What does Buford notice about the men on his flight in "Manchester"?
4. What does the mob begin to chant at the train station in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
5. Who does Buford remember a story about in "Turin"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buford learn about those traveling on his flight to Turin in "Manchester"?
2. What happens when Buford waits at a train station in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
3. What does Buford realize about members of the firm at the pub, Brunswick, in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
4. What happens to the Italian boy who goes into the crowd to practice his English in "Turin"?
5. Explain what Mick arranges for Buford in "Manchester."
6. What is the return flight from Turin to England like at the end of "Turin"?
7. What does Buford learn about the people high in command in the ICJ when he travels to Turin?
8. What does Buford notice about the flight to Turin that ends up proving himself wrong?
9. Why do the members of the ICJ feel they are most effective when they are in a foreign country at the end of "Sunderland and Manchester"?
10. Why does Buford go to the bathroom to write down the stories he hears from the members of the firm in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)