|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Buford and R. McAllister discuss?
(a) American football.
(b) European football.
(c) The mob's violence.
(d) How to become a part of a firm.
2. What does Buford purchase from the man he meets in "Manchester"?
(a) His watch.
(b) The package.
(c) His game tickets.
(d) His airfare to the next game.
3. Where does Buford meet R. McAllister?
4. Where does Buford arrive after searching for a firm in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
(a) The Shed.
(b) The river.
(c) The lake.
(d) The pub.
5. Who is Michael Wicks?
(a) A pilot.
(b) The head of the ICJ.
(c) The acting British Consul.
(d) A football player.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brunswick?
2. Who makes up the smaller circle of Manchester United supporters?
3. Who does Buford attempt to locate to interview at the end of "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
4. What does Buford discover about the places in which the games are played?
5. What do the fans do as they exit the plane in "Turin"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buford learn about the people high in command in the ICJ when he travels to Turin?
2. What does the police superintendent R. McAllister want to discuss with Buford at the beginning of "Sunderland and Manchester"?
3. What happens when Buford waits at a train station in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
4. How does Buford feel about the crowd at the end "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
5. What does Buford realize about members of the firm at the pub, Brunswick, in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
6. How does the crowd react to the knowledge that Buford is a reporter in "Turin"?
7. Why do the members of the ICJ feel they are most effective when they are in a foreign country at the end of "Sunderland and Manchester"?
8. Why does Buford go to Stamford Bridge in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
9. Why are Buford's friends surprised at Buford's reaction to the crowd's behavior at the train station?
10. Explain what it means to be "on the jib."
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)