Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mob begin to chant at the train station in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(a) Kill, Kill Kill.
(b) Hurt, Kill, Fight.
(c) Fight, Fight, Fight.
(d) It's going off.
2. Where does R. McAllister work?
(a) A travel agency.
(b) A firm.
(c) Wearside Police.
(d) A pub.
3. What does Buford realize as he talks to the men in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(a) They take pride in their positions and want to inform the world of them.
(b) They are down to earth.
(c) They are arrogant.
(d) They are violent and hot headed.
4. What does the boy who looks like Keith Richards say to Buford about the football violence?
(a) It is part of human nature and they would "go off" elsewhere if it weren't at the games.
(b) He hates it.
(c) It's necessary.
(d) It's a vital part of the game and community.
5. Who does Buford meet and spend a long and informative evening with in "Manchester"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buford notice about hundreds of Manchester United Fans?
2. What is "the simple squeeze"?
3. Who does Buford attempt to locate to interview at the end of "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
4. What is a "firm"?
5. What happens to the man that falls at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buford notice about the flight to Turin that ends up proving himself wrong?
2. What happens to the Italian boy who goes into the crowd to practice his English in "Turin"?
3. How does Buford end up at the political disco party hosted by the NF?
4. What is the return flight from Turin to England like at the end of "Turin"?
5. What does Buford learn about the people high in command in the ICJ when he travels to Turin?
6. Why do the supporters come to a halt at the end of "Sardinia"?
7. What does Buford notice about the skinheads at the disco in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
8. Describe what DJ, a budding photographer, tells Buford at the beginning of "Dusseldorf."
9. What does Buford notice about the man he sees that stood close to him at the game in "Cambridge"?
10. What does Buford say about antisocial behaviors among members of the mob when it goes off in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)