|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mob begin to chant at the train station in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(a) Fight, Fight, Fight.
(b) Hurt, Kill, Fight.
(c) Kill, Kill Kill.
(d) It's going off.
2. Who is Michael Wicks?
(a) A football player.
(b) The acting British Consul.
(c) The head of the ICJ.
(d) A pilot.
3. What does Steve believe about the mob mentality in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(a) They should have more leaders within the mob.
(b) The police should intervene.
(c) The police should allow the violence to happen since it is organized and planned.
(d) The hype is so addictive.
4. What does Richard say is the most important role in life?
(a) Being a hard worker.
(b) Being a good dad.
(c) Being a member of a firm.
(d) Being involved in church.
5. What does Buford discover about the places in which the games are played?
(a) They are really clean and nice.
(b) They are run down and dilapidated.
(c) They don't have air conditioning.
(d) They are filled with rotten odors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the first game Buford attended?
2. What three adjectives does Buford use to describe the conditions of the matches?
3. What firm is Gurney a part of?
4. Which of the following does Buford not mention in relation to the football fans?
5. How do Buford and the Italians feel as they watch the English outside the square in "Turin"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the English fans do while they are on the bus traveling to the match in "Turin"?
2. Who is Michael Wicks, and what is he doing as Buford exits the plane in "Turin"?
3. Why are Buford's friends surprised at Buford's reaction to the crowd's behavior at the train station?
4. Explain what it means to be "on the jib."
5. Why do the members of the ICJ feel they are most effective when they are in a foreign country at the end of "Sunderland and Manchester"?
6. What is the purpose Buford has for writing "Among the Thugs"?
7. What does Buford learn about the people high in command in the ICJ when he travels to Turin?
8. What does Mick say makes a good leader within the ICJ?
9. Why does Buford go to Stamford Bridge in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
10. What does Steve believe in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)