|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the English fans do to the Italian crowd in "Turin"?
(a) Urinate on them.
(b) Spit on them.
(c) Throw a bottle at them and moon them.
(d) Yell at them.
2. What does Buford realize about the man he meets in "Manchester"?
(a) That he is a good man.
(b) That he trusts him.
(c) That he is a crook.
(d) That he is very important to the ICJ.
3. Who does Buford remember a story about in "Turin"?
(a) The head of the ICJ being murdered.
(b) A scared journalist.
(c) His first time meeting football fans.
(d) His ex girlfriend.
4. Buford notes how much alcohol he has consumed with the man he meets in "Manchester." How much is it?
(a) 2 cans of lager and 8 pints of bitter.
(b) 4 shots and 7 pints of lager.
(c) A bottle of Vodka and 4 cans of lager.
(d) 2 cans of bitter and 8 pints of lager.
5. What does Buford notice about the men on his flight in "Manchester"?
(a) The men are very angry and aggressive.
(b) The men are merely foot soldiers.
(c) The men are very important with the ICJ.
(d) The men are ready for a fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Buford retreat to jot down the stories the men give him in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
2. What does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" do with him that evening?
3. Which of the following does Buford not mention in relation to the football fans?
4. What happens to cause the English to throw everything breakable at the Italians in "Turin"?
5. Who does Buford follow out of the mob in "Turin"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose Buford has for writing "Among the Thugs"?
2. What does the police superintendent R. McAllister want to discuss with Buford at the beginning of "Sunderland and Manchester"?
3. Briefly describe Mick, the man Buford meets in "Manchester."
4. Who is Michael Wicks, and what is he doing as Buford exits the plane in "Turin"?
5. Explain what it means to be "on the jib."
6. What does Steve believe in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
7. Explain why history is so important among members of the firm in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
8. Why is Buford particularly intrigued by the Manchester United firm?
9. What does Buford realize about members of the firm at the pub, Brunswick, in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
10. Why do the members of the ICJ feel they are most effective when they are in a foreign country at the end of "Sunderland and Manchester"?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)