|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "the shove"?
(a) A method of fighting.
(b) A method of pushing the person in front of you to force the mob to move.
(c) The initiating moment of a football game.
(d) An ineffective way of entering a fight.
2. What does Richard say is the most important role in life?
(a) Being a hard worker.
(b) Being a good dad.
(c) Being involved in church.
(d) Being a member of a firm.
3. What does Buford find interesting about the banned teams fans?
(a) Other teams are not banned.
(b) They are enforced for the first half of the game only.
(c) The police wanted to ban them, but the government did not.
(d) They are banned, but without enforcement.
4. What country are the semi-finals held in Chapter 2?
5. What happens to cause the English to throw everything breakable at the Italians in "Turin"?
(a) An Italian is killed.
(b) An Englishman is killed.
(c) An Italian pushes Miachel Wicks.
(d) An Italian throws a rock at the bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Buford amazed by the men in ICJ he meet in "Turin".
2. How does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" feel about journalists?
3. How do Buford and the Italians feel as they watch the English outside the square in "Turin"?
4. Who does Buford notice approaching him while he is standing at the beginning of the book?
5. What happens to the man that falls at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the crowd react to the knowledge that Buford is a reporter in "Turin"?
2. What does the police superintendent R. McAllister want to discuss with Buford at the beginning of "Sunderland and Manchester"?
3. What happens when Buford waits at a train station in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
4. What does Buford notice about the flight to Turin that ends up proving himself wrong?
5. What does Mick say makes a good leader within the ICJ?
6. Explain why history is so important among members of the firm in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
7. What is the purpose Buford has for writing "Among the Thugs"?
8. Why are Buford's friends surprised at Buford's reaction to the crowd's behavior at the train station?
9. Why is Buford particularly intrigued by the Manchester United firm?
10. What does Buford realize about members of the firm at the pub, Brunswick, in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)