|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the Italian boy that braves the square in hope to practice his English in "Turin"?
(a) He is spit and urinated on.
(b) He is kicked in the groin and led away by his friends.
(c) He is stabbed.
(d) He is beaten to near death.
2. What happens to the man that falls at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is taken home.
(b) He is given food.
(c) He is murdered.
(d) He is arrested.
3. What does Buford notice about hundreds of Manchester United Fans?
(a) Most have tattoos related to the Manchester United Football club.
(b) Most are old and poor.
(c) They are really angry and agressive.
(d) Most are ex football players.
4. Where was the first game Buford attended?
(a) White Hay Road.
(b) Blackney Street.
(c) Black Heart Lane.
(d) White Hart Lane.
5. What firm is Gurney a part of?
(a) Manchester United.
(b) The Cockney Reds.
(c) Turin Juventus.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what team is banned from attending its own matches?
2. What does Buford notice about the men on his flight in "Manchester"?
3. Who makes up the smaller circle of Manchester United supporters?
4. Who does Buford notice approaching him while he is standing at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Buford notice after he arrives at a firm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the Cambridge Millwall game?
2. How does the crowd react to the knowledge that Buford is a reporter in "Turin"?
3. What does the British sports minister try to persuade the public to do in "Sardinia"?
4. What does Buford say about antisocial behaviors among members of the mob when it goes off in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
5. What is the purpose Buford has for writing "Among the Thugs"?
6. What does Buford realize when he is among the crowd in Tottenham in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
7. Briefly describe Mick, the man Buford meets in "Manchester."
8. What does Buford notice about the skinheads at the disco in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
9. What happens to Buford that makes him unsuccessful within the mob in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
10. What happens as Jackie attempts to distribute the crowd to their respective hotels?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)