|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Buford follow out of the mob in "Turin"?
2. Where was the first game Buford attended?
(a) Black Heart Lane.
(b) White Hart Lane.
(c) White Hay Road.
(d) Blackney Street.
3. What match does Buford attend at the invitation of members of the firm?
(c) Turin Juventus.
(d) West Ham.
4. What does Buford address in his book "Among the Thugs"?
(a) Thugs in America.
(b) Thugs in music, sports, and media.
(c) Thugs in Europe.
(d) The violent behavior of European football firms.
5. Who else does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" mention being involved with the ICJ?
(a) Roy Downes and Banana Bob.
(b) Ray Deer and Bob Bob.
(c) Royce Doons and Bobby Ban.
(d) Raye Down and Bann Bobby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buford notice the police have with them at the train station in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
2. How does Buford feel about the English football game at the end of the first chapter?
3. What does the boy who looks like Keith Richards say to Buford about the football violence?
4. What happens to cause the English to throw everything breakable at the Italians in "Turin"?
5. What country are the semi-finals held in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the crowd react to the knowledge that Buford is a reporter in "Turin"?
2. Explain what it means to be "on the jib."
3. Why do the members of the ICJ feel they are most effective when they are in a foreign country at the end of "Sunderland and Manchester"?
4. Why does Buford go to the bathroom to write down the stories he hears from the members of the firm in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
5. Explain why history is so important among members of the firm in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
6. What is the return flight from Turin to England like at the end of "Turin"?
7. What does the police superintendent R. McAllister want to discuss with Buford at the beginning of "Sunderland and Manchester"?
8. What happens as Jackie attempts to distribute the crowd to their respective hotels?
9. Who arrives at the Stamford Bridge in "A Station outside Cardiff" and what do they do?
10. Explain what the "simple squeeze" and "the shove" are.
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)