|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brunswick?
(a) A pub.
(b) A football player.
(c) A city.
(d) A man Buford meets.
2. What three adjectives does Buford use to describe the conditions of the matches?
(a) Pleasurable, dirty, and volatile.
(b) Cramped, dirty, and volatile.
(c) Cramped, old, and violent.
(d) Smelly, bleak, and disgusting.
3. What happened to Roy Downes?
(a) He was murdered.
(b) He was stabbed by several rival fans.
(c) He kills Tony Roberts.
(d) He was appointed head of ICJ.
4. What does it mean when a person is on the "jib"?
(a) They are poor and broke.
(b) They are fugitives.
(c) They are sick.
(d) They travel to the games without spending any money.
5. What does Buford notice the police have with them at the train station in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(a) Dog handlers.
(c) Tear gas.
(d) Night sticks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buford realize about the man he meets in "Manchester"?
2. What does Buford purchase from the man he meets in "Manchester"?
3. Where does R. McAllister work?
4. What does Buford realize is the reason for those approaching where he is standing at the beginning of the book?
5. How does Buford feel among the crowd in "Turin"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the return flight from Turin to England like at the end of "Turin"?
2. What happens to Buford that makes him unsuccessful within the mob in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
3. Explain what the "simple squeeze" and "the shove" are.
4. What does Buford realize about members of the firm at the pub, Brunswick, in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
5. What is the purpose Buford has for writing "Among the Thugs"?
6. What does Buford notice about the flight to Turin that ends up proving himself wrong?
7. Why does the Italian army arrive and escort them to the match in "Turin"?
8. What does the police superintendent R. McAllister want to discuss with Buford at the beginning of "Sunderland and Manchester"?
9. What does Mick say makes a good leader within the ICJ?
10. Why are Buford's friends surprised at Buford's reaction to the crowd's behavior at the train station?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)