|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Buford feel among the crowd in "Turin"?
2. What does Buford find interesting about the banned teams fans?
(a) They are banned, but without enforcement.
(b) They are enforced for the first half of the game only.
(c) The police wanted to ban them, but the government did not.
(d) Other teams are not banned.
3. What happens to Buford after he makes his way out of the mob in "Turin"?
(a) He is beaten by police.
(b) He throws up.
(c) He is hit by an ex football player.
(d) He goes into shock.
4. How do Buford and the Italians feel as they watch the English outside the square in "Turin"?
(a) Disgruntled and appalled.
(b) Fascinated and in awe.
(d) Ready to fight back.
5. Why does Buford quickly realize after he sees the man fall in, "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
(a) He sees the violence is not random and is intentional.
(b) That the city supports this behavior.
(c) That he needs to leave and go home.
(d) That he is in over his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do several English break into in "Turin"?
2. Where does Buford meet R. McAllister?
3. What is Buford's first game?
4. What happens to the Italian boy that braves the square in hope to practice his English in "Turin"?
5. In Chapter 2, who does Manchester play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mick say makes a good leader within the ICJ?
2. How does Buford feel about the crowd at the end "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
3. Briefly describe Mick, the man Buford meets in "Manchester."
4. What happens as Jackie attempts to distribute the crowd to their respective hotels?
5. Why is Buford amazed at the way the supporter's interact with him in "Turin"?
6. What is the return flight from Turin to England like at the end of "Turin"?
7. What does Buford learn about the people high in command in the ICJ when he travels to Turin?
8. Explain what the "simple squeeze" and "the shove" are.
9. Who is Michael Wicks, and what is he doing as Buford exits the plane in "Turin"?
10. What is the purpose Buford has for writing "Among the Thugs"?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)