|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the sole leader of the West Ham supporters that march in organized lines in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(a) Bill Gardiner.
(b) Ben Garden.
(c) Billy G.
(d) Bruce Gardney.
2. What happened to Roy Downes?
(a) He was murdered.
(b) He was appointed head of ICJ.
(c) He kills Tony Roberts.
(d) He was stabbed by several rival fans.
3. Where does Buford meet R. McAllister?
4. What happens to Buford after he makes his way out of the mob in "Turin"?
(a) He goes into shock.
(b) He is beaten by police.
(c) He is hit by an ex football player.
(d) He throws up.
5. What does Buford discover about the places in which the games are played?
(a) They are filled with rotten odors.
(b) They are run down and dilapidated.
(c) They are really clean and nice.
(d) They don't have air conditioning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" say about those involved in firms?
2. What is Buford's reaction to what happens to the man who falls at the beginning of the novel?
3. What does the boy who looks like Keith Richards say to Buford about the football violence?
4. Where does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" take him?
5. In Chapter 2, who does Manchester play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what it means to be "on the jib."
2. What does Buford learn about the people high in command in the ICJ when he travels to Turin?
3. Who arrives at the Stamford Bridge in "A Station outside Cardiff" and what do they do?
4. What happens as Jackie attempts to distribute the crowd to their respective hotels?
5. Why does the Italian army arrive and escort them to the match in "Turin"?
6. Why are Buford's friends surprised at Buford's reaction to the crowd's behavior at the train station?
7. What does Mick say makes a good leader within the ICJ?
8. What is the purpose Buford has for writing "Among the Thugs"?
9. What does Steve believe in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
10. Why does Buford go to Stamford Bridge in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)