|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Buford standing at the beginning of the book?
(a) A pub.
(b) An airport.
(c) A train station outside of Cardiff.
(d) A football field.
2. Buford notes how much alcohol he has consumed with the man he meets in "Manchester." How much is it?
(a) A bottle of Vodka and 4 cans of lager.
(b) 2 cans of bitter and 8 pints of lager.
(c) 4 shots and 7 pints of lager.
(d) 2 cans of lager and 8 pints of bitter.
3. What does Buford find interesting about the banned teams fans?
(a) Other teams are not banned.
(b) They are enforced for the first half of the game only.
(c) The police wanted to ban them, but the government did not.
(d) They are banned, but without enforcement.
4. What does Mark point out to Buford in "Sunderland and Manchester" relating to mob violence?
(a) The police allow it.
(b) These men desire to make history, good or bad.
(c) It is vital to the game and community.
(d) No one can control the mobs.
5. What is Buford's first game?
Short Answer Questions
1. What firm is Gurney a part of?
2. What does Buford notice after he arrives at a firm?
3. What two names does Buford mention he has heard of prior to meeting them in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
4. What happens to the man that falls at the beginning of the book?
5. What does the Manchester group note at the end of "Sunderland and Manchester"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buford learn about those traveling on his flight to Turin in "Manchester"?
2. What is the return flight from Turin to England like at the end of "Turin"?
3. Why does the Italian army arrive and escort them to the match in "Turin"?
4. What does the police superintendent R. McAllister want to discuss with Buford at the beginning of "Sunderland and Manchester"?
5. What is the purpose Buford has for writing "Among the Thugs"?
6. Why are Buford's friends surprised at Buford's reaction to the crowd's behavior at the train station?
7. Who arrives at the Stamford Bridge in "A Station outside Cardiff" and what do they do?
8. What do the English fans do while they are on the bus traveling to the match in "Turin"?
9. Explain what it means to be "on the jib."
10. How does Buford feel about the crowd at the end "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)