|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Roy Downes?
(a) He was stabbed by several rival fans.
(b) He kills Tony Roberts.
(c) He was murdered.
(d) He was appointed head of ICJ.
2. What does it mean when a person is on the "jib"?
(a) They travel to the games without spending any money.
(b) They are sick.
(c) They are fugitives.
(d) They are poor and broke.
3. How much money does Buford estimate the man he meets in "Manchester" spends at the pub?
(a) 75 dollars.
(b) 60 pounds.
(c) 60 dollars.
(d) 75 pounds.
4. Who makes up the smaller circle of Manchester United supporters?
(a) Ex football players.
(b) Unofficial supporters or members of the firm.
(c) The wives to the men of the larger circle.
(d) The sons to the men of the larger circle.
5. Where was the first game Buford attended?
(a) Black Heart Lane.
(b) Blackney Street.
(c) White Hay Road.
(d) White Hart Lane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy who looks like Keith Richards say to Buford about the football violence?
2. In Chapter 2, what team is banned from attending its own matches?
3. Which of the following is not mentioned being beaten by the English?
4. What does Buford mean when he says the man he meets in "Manchester" is well off?
5. What does Buford purchase from the man he meets in "Manchester"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Buford go to the bathroom to write down the stories he hears from the members of the firm in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
2. Who arrives at the Stamford Bridge in "A Station outside Cardiff" and what do they do?
3. What does Buford learn about the people high in command in the ICJ when he travels to Turin?
4. Why does the Italian army arrive and escort them to the match in "Turin"?
5. What happens as Jackie attempts to distribute the crowd to their respective hotels?
6. Briefly describe Mick, the man Buford meets in "Manchester."
7. What does Mick say makes a good leader within the ICJ?
8. What is the return flight from Turin to England like at the end of "Turin"?
9. What does Buford realize about members of the firm at the pub, Brunswick, in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
10. What happens to Buford that makes him unsuccessful within the mob in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)