|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Buford go to find a "firm" in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
(a) Stamford Bridge.
(b) Stamford Lane.
(c) Samford Canal.
(d) Stafford Road.
2. What is Buford's first game?
3. Where does Buford retreat to jot down the stories the men give him in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(a) The car.
(b) His hotel.
(d) The bathroom.
4. What do the English fans do to the Italian crowd in "Turin"?
(a) Urinate on them.
(b) Spit on them.
(c) Yell at them.
(d) Throw a bottle at them and moon them.
5. Buford notes how much alcohol he has consumed with the man he meets in "Manchester." How much is it?
(a) 4 shots and 7 pints of lager.
(b) A bottle of Vodka and 4 cans of lager.
(c) 2 cans of lager and 8 pints of bitter.
(d) 2 cans of bitter and 8 pints of lager.
Short Answer Questions
1. What match does Buford attend at the invitation of members of the firm?
2. What do Buford and R. McAllister discuss?
3. How does Buford feel about the crowds at the games at the end of "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
4. Why does Buford quickly realize after he sees the man fall in, "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
5. While Buford waits for his tickets to be set up, who throws bottle and debris at their head beneath the stadium in "Turin"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Italian army arrive and escort them to the match in "Turin"?
2. Why is Buford amazed at the way the supporter's interact with him in "Turin"?
3. What happens to the Italian boy who goes into the crowd to practice his English in "Turin"?
4. Explain what the "simple squeeze" and "the shove" are.
5. What do the English fans do while they are on the bus traveling to the match in "Turin"?
6. What does Buford realize about members of the firm at the pub, Brunswick, in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
7. Explain what it means to be "on the jib."
8. What does Mick say makes a good leader within the ICJ?
9. What happens as Jackie attempts to distribute the crowd to their respective hotels?
10. What does Steve believe in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)