|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in Peterborough in "Dusseldorf"?
(a) A mob sets fire to a local theatre.
(b) A mob sets fire to a local orphanage.
(c) 150 Derby supporters attack a group of boys and break one's skull.
(d) A mob attacks a family with 2 children.
2. How are several people injured in the crowd that celebrates the scored goal at the end of "Cambridge"?
(a) Falling down steps.
(b) Bottles were thrown at people.
(c) They were shot.
(d) Fights broke out and riots occurred.
3. Who does Buford resume a friendship with in "Dusseldorf"?
(a) Neil Watson.
(c) Tom Melody.
4. What does Buford notice about the crowd at the FA cup match during halftime in "Cambridge"?
(a) They leave to smoke a cig.
(b) They go home since no score has been made.
(c) The crowd breaks down into individuals.
(d) They are disgruntled.
5. How does Buford describe those who attack the tank feel in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
6. Who does Buford say crowd theories come from in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) He has his own theory.
(b) Those who were victimized by a crowd.
(c) Older people come up with them.
(d) No one has come up with a theory.
7. What does Buford attend at the beginning of "Bury St. Edmunds"?
(a) A First National Front disco party.
(b) A football game.
(c) A party in West End.
(d) A classical music concert.
8. Who does Buford notice fighting a war of sorts against those who go against the nationalism in "Dusseldorf"?
(b) Neil Watson.
9. What makes the atmosphere of the skinhead's more dangerous in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
(a) Someone throws a stool.
(b) Blacks come to the bar.
(c) The women leave and the men go crazy.
(d) The White Power music begins to play.
10. What does Buford say about the first person to cross the line in a crowd in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) Th first to cross is the youngest.
(b) The first to cross is the leader.
(c) The first to cross the line is rarely a leader.
(d) The first to cross will get injured or killed.
11. How does the crowd feel according to Buford in the first half of the FA Cup match in "Cambridge"?
(a) They are angry.
(b) They are anxious.
(c) They are tense as a score is almost made.
(d) They are drunk and not paying attention.
12. What reason does Buford not give as reason that DJ is different than other supporters in "Dusseldorf"?
(a) He is Jewish.
(b) He is black.
(c) He is well educated.
(d) He speaks French.
13. What does Buford say about the generation's use of violence at the end of "Dusseldorf"?
(a) They use violence to feel because they are a generation that is deadend.
(b) They care about only themselves.
(c) They do not understand its magnitude.
(d) This generation will pass its rituals down to the next.
14. How many people does Buford mention being injured in Chester in "Dusseldorf"?
15. What happens at the game in Hillsborough in "Dusseldorf"?
(a) 1000 people rush the field.
(b) Hundreds are seriously injured.
(c) People are burned to death.
(d) 95 people are killed because they are crushed to death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Buford say leads a double life of family man and mob supporter in "Dusseldorf"?
2. Where is the European Championship supposed to be held in the chapter, "Dusseldorf"?
3. According to Buford what is the individual aware of in the moment the violence "goes off" in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
4. Who is present when Buford meets Neil?
5. What two teams are playing for the FA Cup in "Cambridge"?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)