|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the match Buford flies to held in "Dusseldorf"?
2. What is DJ's profession?
(a) An ex football player.
(b) A bar owner.
(c) A budding photographer.
(d) A budding choreographer.
3. What does Buford notice about the crowd at the FA cup match during halftime in "Cambridge"?
(a) The crowd breaks down into individuals.
(b) They leave to smoke a cig.
(c) They are disgruntled.
(d) They go home since no score has been made.
4. What teams does Buford mention in "Cambridge" that when a goal was finally scored the crowd erupts which results in several injuries?
(a) The two Italian teams.
(b) Manchester and Turin.
(c) The two Glasgow teams.
(d) The two Cambdrigde teams.
5. What does Buford say about the human consciousness as the crowd becomes lawless in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) It operates on many levels continuously.
(b) It has a one track mindset.
(c) The mob is operating as one consciousness.
(d) It is too complex to try to figure out.
6. What does Buford say about the generation's use of violence at the end of "Dusseldorf"?
(a) They use violence to feel because they are a generation that is deadend.
(b) This generation will pass its rituals down to the next.
(c) They do not understand its magnitude.
(d) They care about only themselves.
7. What is the animal sound the crowd imitates as a black player gets a ball?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cat.
(c) An ape.
(d) An elephant.
8. Who is present when Buford meets Neil?
(a) Buford's brother.
(b) Neil's brother.
(c) Black people.
(d) Several skinheads.
9. How does Buford describe the conditions of stadiums in "Cambridge"?
(a) He likes the smell and atmosphere.
(b) They are very clean.
(c) They are really unsanitary.
(d) They are horrible, lack seats, and have overflowing toilets.
10. What team does Buford mention tying several games and only winning in the second of third rematch in "Cambridge"?
11. Where are Buford and Robert headed in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
12. Who does Buford resume a friendship with in "Dusseldorf"?
(b) Neil Watson.
(d) Tom Melody.
13. Where does Buford wake up at the end of "Bury St. Edmunds"?
(a) Outside of the pub.
(b) Neil and Dougies apartment.
(c) His hotel.
(d) In a ditch.
14. What makes the atmosphere of the skinhead's more dangerous in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
(a) The women leave and the men go crazy.
(b) Someone throws a stool.
(c) Blacks come to the bar.
(d) The White Power music begins to play.
15. Who is beaten into unconsciousness and put in a coma for 12 days only to never speak or move again in "Dusseldorf"?
(a) Neil Watson.
(b) John Johnstone.
(d) Terry Moore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it mean when a game is a rematch?
2. What does Buford say about the individual and the conditions of the European football games in "Cambridge"?
3. What does Dougie do to end the party in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
4. What two teams are playing for the FA Cup in "Cambridge"?
5. Why does Buford say this moment of violence is addictive to those in the crowd on "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)