|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buford wonder about the energy of a crowd in football matches in "Cambridge"?
(a) Why the energy rises in the second half.
(b) Why the energy depletes at the end of the game before the riots break out.
(c) How people keep their energy the entire game.
(d) What happens to the energy if it isn't released with a score.
2. How does the game end in "Cambridge"?
(a) When Cambridge forfeits.
(b) When Cambridge scores on itself.
(c) After four rematches.
(d) When the guest team scores on itself.
3. Who does Buford resume a friendship with in "Dusseldorf"?
(a) Neil Watson.
(c) Tom Melody.
4. What happens in Peterborough in "Dusseldorf"?
(a) A mob sets fire to a local orphanage.
(b) A mob sets fire to a local theatre.
(c) A mob attacks a family with 2 children.
(d) 150 Derby supporters attack a group of boys and break one's skull.
5. What does the newspaper Buford receives after he goes to St. Edmunds promote?
(a) Organic foods.
(b) Ending mob violence.
(c) Bannish blacks and other minorities.
(d) Mob violence.
6. What two teams are playing for the FA Cup in "Cambridge"?
(a) Turin and Manchester.
(b) Cambidge and Turin Juventus.
(c) Cambridge and Millwall.
(d) Manchester and Cambridge.
7. What does Dougie do to end the party in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
(a) Shoots a gun.
(b) Turns off the lights.
(c) Turns off the music.
(d) Throws a stool.
8. Why does Buford say this moment of violence is addictive to those in the crowd on "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) It is one of the most pleasureable experiences.
(b) It is an extreme need to fulfiill.
(c) It is one of pain that is released in the violence.
(d) To release one's tension is addicting.
9. What is DJ's profession?
(a) An ex football player.
(b) A budding choreographer.
(c) A bar owner.
(d) A budding photographer.
10. What does the police officer in "Dawes Road, Fulham" hit Buford with?
(a) A night stick.
(b) The dog's chain.
(c) A baseball bat.
(d) His fist.
11. What team does Buford mention tying several games and only winning in the second of third rematch in "Cambridge"?
12. What does Buford explain at the beginning of "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) How he is homesick.
(b) What he wants to eat.
(c) What happens when it "goes off."
(d) That he loves European football.
13. What does Buford not mention being a part of the politics of the crowd in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
(c) Gun shots.
14. What does Buford say about the human consciousness as the crowd becomes lawless in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) The mob is operating as one consciousness.
(b) It operates on many levels continuously.
(c) It has a one track mindset.
(d) It is too complex to try to figure out.
15. What does Robert tell Buford about Sammy?
(a) He will be the head of the ICJ next year.
(b) He is gay.
(c) He is broke.
(d) He is believed to have killed a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the crowd feel according to Buford in the first half of the FA Cup match in "Cambridge"?
2. Where is the match Buford flies to held in "Dusseldorf"?
3. What does DJ describe in the beginning of "Dusseldorf"?
4. What does Buford compare the crowd at the FA Cup match to in "Cambridge"?
5. Who does Buford mention terrorizing London with his friends and end up killing a person in "Dusseldorf"?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)