|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Buford resume a friendship with in "Dusseldorf"?
(c) Neil Watson.
(d) Tom Melody.
2. Where is the match Buford flies to held in "Dusseldorf"?
3. What does it mean when a game is a rematch?
(a) When one player breaks a bone.
(b) When there was a tie between teams.
(c) Two teams have already played, but ended in a no score draw.
(d) When a mob regroups and goes off again.
4. What are the skinheads doing when Buford watches them in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
(d) Dancing and jumping up and down.
5. What makes the atmosphere of the skinhead's more dangerous in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
(a) Someone throws a stool.
(b) Blacks come to the bar.
(c) The women leave and the men go crazy.
(d) The White Power music begins to play.
6. What does Buford compare the crowd at the FA Cup match to in "Cambridge"?
(a) A pregnant woman.
(b) A baboon.
(c) A hot air balloon.
(d) Livestock in a pen.
7. What team does Buford mention tying several games and only winning in the second of third rematch in "Cambridge"?
8. Why does Buford say this moment of violence is addictive to those in the crowd on "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) It is one of the most pleasureable experiences.
(b) It is an extreme need to fulfiill.
(c) It is one of pain that is released in the violence.
(d) To release one's tension is addicting.
9. What does Buford not mention being a part of the politics of the crowd in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
(c) Gun shots.
10. Where does Buford wake up at the end of "Bury St. Edmunds"?
(a) Neil and Dougies apartment.
(b) In a ditch.
(c) Outside of the pub.
(d) His hotel.
11. How does the game end in "Cambridge"?
(a) When the guest team scores on itself.
(b) When Cambridge scores on itself.
(c) When Cambridge forfeits.
(d) After four rematches.
12. What is the name of the newspaper Buford receives after he goes to St. Edmunds?
(a) The AJC.
(b) The Bulldog.
(c) The Chronicle.
(d) The London Times.
13. Who is present when Buford meets Neil?
(a) Neil's brother.
(b) Buford's brother.
(c) Black people.
(d) Several skinheads.
14. What does the crowd do that makes it become lawless in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) Destroyed buildings.
(b) Set firt to police cars.
(c) Set fire to the stadium.
(d) Killed in the street.
15. What does Buford say about the human consciousness as the crowd becomes lawless in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) It is too complex to try to figure out.
(b) It operates on many levels continuously.
(c) The mob is operating as one consciousness.
(d) It has a one track mindset.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Buford walking when he recognizes the man in the stadium in "Cambridge"?
2. What does Buford say about antisocial behavior and individuality in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
3. What is DJ's profession?
4. Who does Buford notice fighting a war of sorts against those who go against the nationalism in "Dusseldorf"?
5. How does Buford describe those who attack the tank feel in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)