|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the bar Buford goes to in "Bury St. Edmunds" pride themselves on?
(a) Being free of violence.
(b) Claims the most violence at a par.
(c) Having the best beer.
(d) Being the most racist bar in Bury.
2. What does Buford wonder about the energy of a crowd in football matches in "Cambridge"?
(a) Why the energy rises in the second half.
(b) Why the energy depletes at the end of the game before the riots break out.
(c) How people keep their energy the entire game.
(d) What happens to the energy if it isn't released with a score.
3. What does the crowd do that makes it become lawless in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) Set firt to police cars.
(b) Destroyed buildings.
(c) Set fire to the stadium.
(d) Killed in the street.
4. What does Buford realize as he is being hit by the police officer in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) They are crazy.
(b) The police are corrupt.
(c) He wants to go home.
(d) He is now a supporter and not a journalist.
5. What does Buford begin subscribing to in "Dusseldorf"?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A magazine.
(c) Direct TV.
(d) A news service that reports football violence.
6. Who sucked the eyeball out of a policeman's head and bit it off in "Dusseldorf"?
(d) Neil Watson.
7. What does Buford not mention being a part of the politics of the crowd in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
(d) Gun shots.
8. What happens at the game in Hillsborough in "Dusseldorf"?
(a) 1000 people rush the field.
(b) Hundreds are seriously injured.
(c) People are burned to death.
(d) 95 people are killed because they are crushed to death.
9. What does Buford say about the first person to cross the line in a crowd in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) The first to cross will get injured or killed.
(b) The first to cross the line is rarely a leader.
(c) The first to cross is the leader.
(d) Th first to cross is the youngest.
10. Who does Buford speak to when he calls the number in the packet he is given in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
(d) Ian Anderson.
11. What two teams are playing for the FA Cup in "Cambridge"?
(a) Cambridge and Millwall.
(b) Manchester and Cambridge.
(c) Turin and Manchester.
(d) Cambidge and Turin Juventus.
12. How does the crowd feel according to Buford in the first half of the FA Cup match in "Cambridge"?
(a) They are drunk and not paying attention.
(b) They are anxious.
(c) They are tense as a score is almost made.
(d) They are angry.
13. What does Buford mention happening at another no score game when a goal was finally made in "Cambridge"?
(a) The crowd uprooted the goal posts.
(b) Someone died.
(c) Someone was severely injured.
(d) People celebrated by going to eat dinner.
14. How are several people injured in the crowd that celebrates the scored goal at the end of "Cambridge"?
(a) Fights broke out and riots occurred.
(b) They were shot.
(c) Falling down steps.
(d) Bottles were thrown at people.
15. Who does Buford say crowd theories come from in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) He has his own theory.
(b) Those who were victimized by a crowd.
(c) Older people come up with them.
(d) No one has come up with a theory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buford say about the generation's use of violence at the end of "Dusseldorf"?
2. Where is the match Buford flies to held in "Dusseldorf"?
3. Where does Buford wake up at the end of "Bury St. Edmunds"?
4. What does Buford wonder happens to the crowd when the game goes into overtime without scoring a goal?
5. What is the animal sound the crowd imitates as a black player gets a ball?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)