|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is supposed to be Buford's host for the evening in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
2. What is Buford attempting to explain at the beginning of "Cambridge"?
(a) The way one feels in the mob.
(b) The organization of the mob.
(c) The way one feels alone in a foreign country.
(d) The feeling of waiting for a goal to be scored.
3. What team does Buford mention tying several games and only winning in the second of third rematch in "Cambridge"?
4. Where does Buford meet Neil?
(a) A pub.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A Cambridge United football match.
(d) A brothel.
5. Where is the match Buford flies to held in "Dusseldorf"?
6. Where is Buford walking when he recognizes the man in the stadium in "Cambridge"?
(a) To a pub.
(b) To his hotel.
(c) Down the street.
(d) To his car.
7. Why has the feeling Buford describes in "Dawes Road, Fulham" heightened?
(a) No one has scored a goal.
(b) Tension has grown and is now free.
(c) Everyone is drunk.
(d) Someone dies.
8. Where does DJ have to fly to hurriedly in "Dusseldorf"?
9. What does Buford not mention being a part of the politics of the crowd in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
(d) Gun shots.
10. According to Buford what is the individual aware of in the moment the violence "goes off" in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) One becomes refined.
(b) One is only aware of the present.
(c) One becomes animalistic.
(d) One is not aware at all.
11. What does the police officer in "Dawes Road, Fulham" hit Buford with?
(a) A night stick.
(b) A baseball bat.
(c) His fist.
(d) The dog's chain.
12. Who saves Buford from being beaten against a lamppost?
(b) Ian Anderson.
13. How many people does Buford mention being injured in Chester in "Dusseldorf"?
14. What does Buford compare the crowd at the FA Cup match to in "Cambridge"?
(a) A hot air balloon.
(b) A pregnant woman.
(c) A baboon.
(d) Livestock in a pen.
15. What two teams are playing for the FA Cup in "Cambridge"?
(a) Manchester and Cambridge.
(b) Turin and Manchester.
(c) Cambridge and Millwall.
(d) Cambidge and Turin Juventus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buford begin subscribing to in "Dusseldorf"?
2. What does Buford say about the generation's use of violence at the end of "Dusseldorf"?
3. Where does Buford wake up at the end of "Bury St. Edmunds"?
4. What does the bar Buford goes to in "Bury St. Edmunds" pride themselves on?
5. How does Buford describe the conditions of stadiums in "Cambridge"?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)