|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the police officer in "Dawes Road, Fulham" hit Buford with?
(a) The dog's chain.
(b) A baseball bat.
(c) His fist.
(d) A night stick.
2. Who does Buford say crowd theories come from in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) No one has come up with a theory.
(b) Older people come up with them.
(c) Those who were victimized by a crowd.
(d) He has his own theory.
3. Who saves Buford from being beaten against a lamppost?
(d) Ian Anderson.
4. Who believes that football violence is more of a true political movement in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
(a) Phil Andrews.
(d) Ian Anderson.
5. What are the skinheads doing when Buford watches them in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
(a) Dancing and jumping up and down.
6. What does Buford realize as he is being hit by the police officer in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) The police are corrupt.
(b) They are crazy.
(c) He wants to go home.
(d) He is now a supporter and not a journalist.
7. What does Buford notice about the crowd at the FA cup match during halftime in "Cambridge"?
(a) They go home since no score has been made.
(b) The crowd breaks down into individuals.
(c) They leave to smoke a cig.
(d) They are disgruntled.
8. Where is Buford walking when he recognizes the man in the stadium in "Cambridge"?
(a) To his hotel.
(b) To a pub.
(c) To his car.
(d) Down the street.
9. How does Buford describe the conditions of stadiums in "Cambridge"?
(a) He likes the smell and atmosphere.
(b) They are horrible, lack seats, and have overflowing toilets.
(c) They are very clean.
(d) They are really unsanitary.
10. What does Buford say about the individual and the conditions of the European football games in "Cambridge"?
(a) You have to be really brave.
(b) You need to be willing to fight for a cause.
(c) You need to be strong.
(d) The conditions force you to become someone else, part of the crowd.
11. Who does Buford mention terrorizing London with his friends and end up killing a person in "Dusseldorf"?
(a) John Johnstone.
(b) Joe Stone.
(c) Jon Jonson.
(d) John John.
12. What teams does Buford mention in "Cambridge" that when a goal was finally scored the crowd erupts which results in several injuries?
(a) The two Cambdrigde teams.
(b) Manchester and Turin.
(c) The two Italian teams.
(d) The two Glasgow teams.
13. Who does Buford speak to when he calls the number in the packet he is given in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
(c) Ian Anderson.
14. How are several people injured in the crowd that celebrates the scored goal at the end of "Cambridge"?
(a) Bottles were thrown at people.
(b) Falling down steps.
(c) Fights broke out and riots occurred.
(d) They were shot.
15. What does DJ describe in the beginning of "Dusseldorf"?
(a) A young female patient who is picked up by a group of supporters and molested.
(b) An FA cup final.
(d) A drunk man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the National Front operate?
2. What does the bar Buford goes to in "Bury St. Edmunds" pride themselves on?
3. How does the crowd feel according to Buford in the first half of the FA Cup match in "Cambridge"?
4. What does Buford say the power of the National Front depends on?
5. What is the animal sound the crowd imitates as a black player gets a ball?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)