|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the skinheads doing when Buford watches them in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
(c) Dancing and jumping up and down.
2. According to Buford what is the individual aware of in the moment the violence "goes off" in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) One is not aware at all.
(b) One becomes refined.
(c) One is only aware of the present.
(d) One becomes animalistic.
3. What teams does Buford mention in "Cambridge" that when a goal was finally scored the crowd erupts which results in several injuries?
(a) The two Italian teams.
(b) The two Glasgow teams.
(c) Manchester and Turin.
(d) The two Cambdrigde teams.
4. What happens in Peterborough in "Dusseldorf"?
(a) A mob sets fire to a local theatre.
(b) 150 Derby supporters attack a group of boys and break one's skull.
(c) A mob sets fire to a local orphanage.
(d) A mob attacks a family with 2 children.
5. Who is present when Buford meets Neil?
(a) Several skinheads.
(b) Neil's brother.
(c) Buford's brother.
(d) Black people.
6. Where does DJ have to fly to hurriedly in "Dusseldorf"?
7. What does Buford not mention being a part of the politics of the crowd in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
(a) Gun shots.
8. What does the bar Buford goes to in "Bury St. Edmunds" pride themselves on?
(a) Claims the most violence at a par.
(b) Being the most racist bar in Bury.
(c) Having the best beer.
(d) Being free of violence.
9. What does Robert tell Buford about Sammy?
(a) He is gay.
(b) He is broke.
(c) He will be the head of the ICJ next year.
(d) He is believed to have killed a man.
10. Where does Buford wake up at the end of "Bury St. Edmunds"?
(a) Neil and Dougies apartment.
(b) In a ditch.
(c) Outside of the pub.
(d) His hotel.
11. What does Buford point out happens among many football matches in "Cambridge"?
(a) No one can drink inside the stadium.
(b) Their is really good food.
(c) Children are not present at all.
(d) Many games end without a score.
12. What does Buford say about the human consciousness as the crowd becomes lawless in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) It operates on many levels continuously.
(b) The mob is operating as one consciousness.
(c) It is too complex to try to figure out.
(d) It has a one track mindset.
13. Who does Buford say crowd theories come from in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) No one has come up with a theory.
(b) Those who were victimized by a crowd.
(c) Older people come up with them.
(d) He has his own theory.
14. Where are Buford and Robert headed in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
15. How does the game end in "Cambridge"?
(a) When Cambridge scores on itself.
(b) After four rematches.
(c) When the guest team scores on itself.
(d) When Cambridge forfeits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Buford walking when he recognizes the man in the stadium in "Cambridge"?
2. What does Buford attend at the beginning of "Bury St. Edmunds"?
3. What does DJ think about the football violence's cause in "Dusseldorf"?
4. Who is beaten into unconsciousness and put in a coma for 12 days only to never speak or move again in "Dusseldorf"?
5. What does Buford say about antisocial behavior and individuality in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)