|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Buford speak to when he calls the number in the packet he is given in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
(c) Ian Anderson.
2. Why does Buford say this moment of violence is addictive to those in the crowd on "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) It is one of pain that is released in the violence.
(b) To release one's tension is addicting.
(c) It is one of the most pleasureable experiences.
(d) It is an extreme need to fulfiill.
3. Where is the European Championship supposed to be held in the chapter, "Dusseldorf"?
4. What team does Buford mention tying several games and only winning in the second of third rematch in "Cambridge"?
5. What does the crowd do that makes it become lawless in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) Set firt to police cars.
(b) Destroyed buildings.
(c) Set fire to the stadium.
(d) Killed in the street.
6. What does Buford wonder about the energy of a crowd in football matches in "Cambridge"?
(a) How people keep their energy the entire game.
(b) What happens to the energy if it isn't released with a score.
(c) Why the energy rises in the second half.
(d) Why the energy depletes at the end of the game before the riots break out.
7. What is the name of the newspaper Buford receives after he goes to St. Edmunds?
(a) The AJC.
(b) The Chronicle.
(c) The London Times.
(d) The Bulldog.
8. How does Buford describe those who attack the tank feel in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
9. How does the crowd feel according to Buford in the first half of the FA Cup match in "Cambridge"?
(a) They are anxious.
(b) They are tense as a score is almost made.
(c) They are drunk and not paying attention.
(d) They are angry.
10. Who does Buford resume a friendship with in "Dusseldorf"?
(c) Tom Melody.
(d) Neil Watson.
11. What happens at the game in Hillsborough in "Dusseldorf"?
(a) Hundreds are seriously injured.
(b) 95 people are killed because they are crushed to death.
(c) People are burned to death.
(d) 1000 people rush the field.
12. What two teams are playing for the FA Cup in "Cambridge"?
(a) Turin and Manchester.
(b) Manchester and Cambridge.
(c) Cambidge and Turin Juventus.
(d) Cambridge and Millwall.
13. What does Buford mention happening at another no score game when a goal was finally made in "Cambridge"?
(a) Someone died.
(b) The crowd uprooted the goal posts.
(c) People celebrated by going to eat dinner.
(d) Someone was severely injured.
14. What is the animal sound the crowd imitates as a black player gets a ball?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A dog.
(c) An ape.
(d) A cat.
15. What does Buford realize as he is being hit by the police officer in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) He is now a supporter and not a journalist.
(b) He wants to go home.
(c) The police are corrupt.
(d) They are crazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Buford say crowd theories come from in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
2. Who sneaks past the police with Buford in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
3. What does Buford say about the individual and the conditions of the European football games in "Cambridge"?
4. Where is Buford walking when he recognizes the man in the stadium in "Cambridge"?
5. Where does Buford wake up at the end of "Bury St. Edmunds"?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)