|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens at the game in Hillsborough in "Dusseldorf"?
(a) Hundreds are seriously injured.
(b) People are burned to death.
(c) 1000 people rush the field.
(d) 95 people are killed because they are crushed to death.
2. Who does Buford speak to when he calls the number in the packet he is given in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
(d) Ian Anderson.
3. Where is the European Championship supposed to be held in the chapter, "Dusseldorf"?
4. What does Buford begin subscribing to in "Dusseldorf"?
(a) Direct TV.
(b) A magazine.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A news service that reports football violence.
5. What reason does Buford not give as reason that DJ is different than other supporters in "Dusseldorf"?
(a) He is Jewish.
(b) He is well educated.
(c) He speaks French.
(d) He is black.
6. What does Buford say about antisocial behavior and individuality in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) They cannot coexist.
(b) They are detrimental to one another.
(c) They are very much the same.
(d) Antisocial behavior turns off individuality.
7. How does the crowd feel according to Buford in the first half of the FA Cup match in "Cambridge"?
(a) They are tense as a score is almost made.
(b) They are drunk and not paying attention.
(c) They are anxious.
(d) They are angry.
8. Where does the National Front operate?
(d) St. Edmunds.
9. Who is beaten into unconsciousness and put in a coma for 12 days only to never speak or move again in "Dusseldorf"?
(a) John Johnstone.
(c) Neil Watson.
(d) Terry Moore.
10. Who does Buford say crowd theories come from in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) No one has come up with a theory.
(b) Those who were victimized by a crowd.
(c) He has his own theory.
(d) Older people come up with them.
11. What does Buford wonder happens to the crowd when the game goes into overtime without scoring a goal?
(a) What happens to the energy if it is not released by a scored goal.
(b) Where they go.
(c) If they will dissipate without violence.
(d) How they will react.
12. What does the police officer in "Dawes Road, Fulham" hit Buford with?
(a) His fist.
(b) A night stick.
(c) The dog's chain.
(d) A baseball bat.
13. Where does DJ have to fly to hurriedly in "Dusseldorf"?
14. What is DJ's profession?
(a) A budding photographer.
(b) An ex football player.
(c) A budding choreographer.
(d) A bar owner.
15. What does Buford say about the human consciousness as the crowd becomes lawless in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
(a) It operates on many levels continuously.
(b) It is too complex to try to figure out.
(c) It has a one track mindset.
(d) The mob is operating as one consciousness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buford realize about the violence when Sammy stands in front of the group in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
2. What does the crowd do that makes it become lawless in "Dawes Road, Fulham"?
3. What does Buford attend at the beginning of "Bury St. Edmunds"?
4. How many people does Buford mention being injured in Chester in "Dusseldorf"?
5. What does Dougie do to end the party in "Bury St. Edmunds"?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)