|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Roy Downes?
(a) A true thug.
(b) A bookie.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A pub owner.
2. What happens to the woman who screams in the crowd in "Turin"?
(a) She is passed to the front and exits.
(b) She is seriously injured.
(c) She dies.
(d) She falls and breaks her leg.
3. In Chapter 2, what team is banned from attending its own matches?
(a) Manchester United.
(b) Bobby Boss.
(c) Cockney Reds.
(d) Turin Juventus.
4. Who does Buford notice approaching him while he is standing at the beginning of the book?
(b) Football players.
(c) An old lady.
(d) Several police officers.
5. What happens to cause the English to throw everything breakable at the Italians in "Turin"?
(a) An Englishman is killed.
(b) An Italian throws a rock at the bus.
(c) An Italian pushes Miachel Wicks.
(d) An Italian is killed.
6. Who is Michael Wicks?
(a) A pilot.
(b) The head of the ICJ.
(c) A football player.
(d) The acting British Consul.
7. What is Brunswick?
(a) A football player.
(b) A pub.
(c) A city.
(d) A man Buford meets.
8. What does Richard say is the most important role in life?
(a) Being a hard worker.
(b) Being involved in church.
(c) Being a member of a firm.
(d) Being a good dad.
9. Why are the Manchester supporters humiliated by the West Ham supporters in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(a) They beat them up.
(b) They walked away.
(c) More Mancherster fans were killed than West Ham.
(d) The West Ham supporters do not flinch at the bottles thrown at them.
10. What is "the simple squeeze"?
(a) Method to get orange juice from an orange.
(b) A method of wedging ones body through a crowd.
(c) A method to calm oneself by squeezing one's legs.
(d) Squeezing ones neck to kill.
11. Buford notes how much alcohol he has consumed with the man he meets in "Manchester." How much is it?
(a) 2 cans of bitter and 8 pints of lager.
(b) 2 cans of lager and 8 pints of bitter.
(c) 4 shots and 7 pints of lager.
(d) A bottle of Vodka and 4 cans of lager.
12. What country are the semi-finals held in Chapter 2?
13. What happens to Buford after he makes his way out of the mob in "Turin"?
(a) He is beaten by police.
(b) He is hit by an ex football player.
(c) He goes into shock.
(d) He throws up.
14. In Chapter 2, who does Manchester play?
(a) Cockney Reds.
(b) Cambridge United.
(c) Turin Jeventus.
15. What does being a jib require?
(b) Being politely rude.
(c) Being broke.
(d) Finding a way around paying for tickets and travel needs through confrontation of large numbers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes up the smaller circle of Manchester United supporters?
2. Where was the first game Buford attended?
3. What two names does Buford mention he has heard of prior to meeting them in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
4. What do the fans do as they exit the plane in "Turin"?
5. Who is Sammy and what does he do?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)