|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buford discover about the places in which the games are played?
(a) They are run down and dilapidated.
(b) They don't have air conditioning.
(c) They are filled with rotten odors.
(d) They are really clean and nice.
2. Where does Buford attend other matches at the end of "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
(a) Oxford and Cambridge.
(b) Dublin and Cork.
(c) Manchester and Glascow.
(d) London and Glasgow.
3. Who is Tony Roberts?
(a) A pub owner.
(b) A well dressed leader who jumps from position to position.
(c) A true thug.
(d) A football player.
4. Who arrives at the square at the end of "Turin"?
(a) The football team.
(b) The army.
(c) More fans.
(d) The Prime Minister.
5. Where does Buford arrive after searching for a firm in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
(a) The lake.
(b) The Shed.
(c) The river.
(d) The pub.
6. What does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" do for a living?
(a) He's a skilled electrician.
(b) He is a police officer.
(c) He is a janitor.
(d) He is a retired football player.
7. Which of the following is not mentioned being beaten by the English?
(a) A man in front of his family.
(b) An Italian's head is smashed.
(c) An eleven year old boy.
(d) A woman with a baby.
8. What does Buford notice about the men on his flight in "Manchester"?
(a) The men are merely foot soldiers.
(b) The men are very angry and aggressive.
(c) The men are ready for a fight.
(d) The men are very important with the ICJ.
9. What does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" say is a problem within the ICJ?
(a) The women wanting to enter the mobs.
(b) The police.
(c) The huge violence.
(d) Having more than one leader.
10. Who is Sammy and what does he do?
(a) One of the ICJ leaders and a hitman.
(b) One of the ICJ leaders and a cop.
(c) One of the ICJ leaders and a professional theif.
(d) One of the ICJ leaders and a professional thief.
11. Who does Buford notice approaching him while he is standing at the beginning of the book?
(b) Several police officers.
(c) An old lady.
(d) Football players.
12. What do the English fans do to the Italian crowd in "Turin"?
(a) Spit on them.
(b) Urinate on them.
(c) Throw a bottle at them and moon them.
(d) Yell at them.
13. Who is Michael Wicks?
(a) The acting British Consul.
(b) The head of the ICJ.
(c) A football player.
(d) A pilot.
14. In Chapter 2, who does Manchester play?
(a) Cambridge United.
(c) Turin Jeventus.
(d) Cockney Reds.
15. Buford notes how much alcohol he has consumed with the man he meets in "Manchester." How much is it?
(a) 2 cans of bitter and 8 pints of lager.
(b) 4 shots and 7 pints of lager.
(c) A bottle of Vodka and 4 cans of lager.
(d) 2 cans of lager and 8 pints of bitter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buford notice about hundreds of Manchester United Fans?
2. Who does Buford follow out of the mob in "Turin"?
3. How much money does Buford estimate the man he meets in "Manchester" spends at the pub?
4. What does Buford realize about the man he meets in "Manchester"?
5. Where does Buford go to find a "firm" in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)