|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Buford meet R. McAllister?
2. What happens to Buford after he makes his way out of the mob in "Turin"?
(a) He goes into shock.
(b) He throws up.
(c) He is beaten by police.
(d) He is hit by an ex football player.
3. What does being a jib require?
(a) Being broke.
(c) Being politely rude.
(d) Finding a way around paying for tickets and travel needs through confrontation of large numbers.
4. Who does Buford attempt to locate to interview at the end of "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
(a) A pub owner.
(b) A football player.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A thug.
5. What match does Buford attend at the invitation of members of the firm?
(a) Turin Juventus.
(d) West Ham.
6. What do the English fans do to the Italian crowd in "Turin"?
(a) Spit on them.
(b) Urinate on them.
(c) Throw a bottle at them and moon them.
(d) Yell at them.
7. What do the fans do as they exit the plane in "Turin"?
(a) Run and chant.
(b) Walk to the stadium.
(c) Board buses.
(d) Board a train.
8. In Chapter 2, what team is banned from attending its own matches?
(a) Bobby Boss.
(b) Turin Juventus.
(c) Cockney Reds.
(d) Manchester United.
9. What does Mark point out to Buford in "Sunderland and Manchester" relating to mob violence?
(a) These men desire to make history, good or bad.
(b) It is vital to the game and community.
(c) The police allow it.
(d) No one can control the mobs.
10. How does Buford feel among the crowd in "Turin"?
11. What does a "package" include?
(a) Tickets and a meal plan
(b) Air travel and hotel.
(c) Hotel and tickets.
(d) Air travel, hotel, and match tickets.
12. Who makes up the smaller circle of Manchester United supporters?
(a) The wives to the men of the larger circle.
(b) The sons to the men of the larger circle.
(c) Unofficial supporters or members of the firm.
(d) Ex football players.
13. Where does Buford attend other matches at the end of "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
(a) London and Glasgow.
(b) Manchester and Glascow.
(c) Dublin and Cork.
(d) Oxford and Cambridge.
14. Who is Sammy and what does he do?
(a) One of the ICJ leaders and a professional thief.
(b) One of the ICJ leaders and a hitman.
(c) One of the ICJ leaders and a professional theif.
(d) One of the ICJ leaders and a cop.
15. Where does R. McAllister work?
(a) A pub.
(b) A travel agency.
(c) Wearside Police.
(d) A firm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Buford notice approaching him while he is standing at the beginning of the book?
2. Why is Buford amazed by the men in ICJ he meet in "Turin".
3. What is Brunswick?
4. Where is Buford standing at the beginning of the book?
5. What is a "firm"?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)