|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Buford feel among the crowd in "Turin"?
2. What firm is Gurney a part of?
(a) Manchester United.
(b) Turin Juventus.
(c) The Cockney Reds.
3. What is "the shove"?
(a) An ineffective way of entering a fight.
(b) The initiating moment of a football game.
(c) A method of fighting.
(d) A method of pushing the person in front of you to force the mob to move.
4. Where does R. McAllister work?
(a) Wearside Police.
(b) A pub.
(c) A firm.
(d) A travel agency.
5. Who is Michael Wicks?
(a) The acting British Consul.
(b) A pilot.
(c) A football player.
(d) The head of the ICJ.
6. What does it mean when a person is on the "jib"?
(a) They are fugitives.
(b) They are sick.
(c) They are poor and broke.
(d) They travel to the games without spending any money.
7. Where does Buford retreat to jot down the stories the men give him in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) His hotel.
(c) The car.
8. What does Buford realize is the reason for those approaching where he is standing at the beginning of the book?
(a) Teenagers were behaving rudley.
(b) Someone was just killed.
(c) Several hundred football supporters just arrived from Liverpool.
(d) Someone was just mugged.
9. What do the English fans do to the Italian crowd in "Turin"?
(a) Urinate on them.
(b) Yell at them.
(c) Spit on them.
(d) Throw a bottle at them and moon them.
10. Where does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" take him?
(a) A train station.
(b) A match.
(c) A brothel.
(d) A pub.
11. Who does Buford notice approaching him while he is standing at the beginning of the book?
(a) Football players.
(b) Several police officers.
(c) An old lady.
12. Who does Buford follow out of the mob in "Turin"?
13. What does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" say is a problem within the ICJ?
(a) The police.
(b) The women wanting to enter the mobs.
(c) Having more than one leader.
(d) The huge violence.
14. What agency handles the "package" deal that the man Buford meets in "Manchester" tells him about?
(a) Bobby Boss Travel Agency.
(b) Bum Booze Agency.
(c) Herron Travel Agency.
(d) Booby Bust Agency.
15. Where do several English break into in "Turin"?
(a) A pub.
(b) A football game.
(c) A brothel.
(d) A hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not mentioned being beaten by the English?
2. What does Richard say is the most important role in life?
3. In Chapter 2, who does Manchester play?
4. What does Buford notice after he arrives at a firm?
5. What does Mark point out to Buford in "Sunderland and Manchester" relating to mob violence?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)