|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buford discover about the places in which the games are played?
(a) They are run down and dilapidated.
(b) They are really clean and nice.
(c) They are filled with rotten odors.
(d) They don't have air conditioning.
2. Where does Buford go to find a "firm" in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
(a) Samford Canal.
(b) Stamford Bridge.
(c) Stafford Road.
(d) Stamford Lane.
3. Who is Tony Roberts?
(a) A true thug.
(b) A well dressed leader who jumps from position to position.
(c) A pub owner.
(d) A football player.
4. What does the Manchester group note at the end of "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(a) They want to stop the mob violence.
(b) They hate West Ham.
(c) They work best in foreign countries.
(d) They want to keep fighting.
5. Where does Buford attend other matches at the end of "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
(a) Manchester and Glascow.
(b) Oxford and Cambridge.
(c) Dublin and Cork.
(d) London and Glasgow.
6. Who is Roy Downes?
(a) A bookie.
(b) A pub owner.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A true thug.
7. Where do several English break into in "Turin"?
(a) A pub.
(b) A football game.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A brothel.
8. Which of the following does Buford not mention in relation to the football fans?
(a) Self destructive.
9. What is "the simple squeeze"?
(a) Method to get orange juice from an orange.
(b) A method of wedging ones body through a crowd.
(c) A method to calm oneself by squeezing one's legs.
(d) Squeezing ones neck to kill.
10. How do Buford and the Italians feel as they watch the English outside the square in "Turin"?
(a) Fascinated and in awe.
(b) Ready to fight back.
(c) Disgruntled and appalled.
11. What happens to the Italian boy that braves the square in hope to practice his English in "Turin"?
(a) He is kicked in the groin and led away by his friends.
(b) He is stabbed.
(c) He is spit and urinated on.
(d) He is beaten to near death.
12. Which of the following is not mentioned being beaten by the English?
(a) An Italian's head is smashed.
(b) A man in front of his family.
(c) A woman with a baby.
(d) An eleven year old boy.
13. What does Steve believe about the mob mentality in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(a) They should have more leaders within the mob.
(b) The police should allow the violence to happen since it is organized and planned.
(c) The hype is so addictive.
(d) The police should intervene.
14. Where does Buford meet R. McAllister?
15. Who does Buford meet and spend a long and informative evening with in "Manchester"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mob begin to chant at the train station in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
2. Who is Michael Wicks?
3. What does Buford find interesting about the banned teams fans?
4. What does Buford address in his book "Among the Thugs"?
5. What does the boy who looks like Keith Richards say to Buford about the football violence?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)