|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it mean when "it's going to go off"?
(a) People are getting drunk.
(b) Someone is about to die.
(c) Violence is about to erupt.
(d) Someone is about to scream.
2. Who does Buford meet and spend a long and informative evening with in "Manchester"?
3. What does Buford notice about the men on his flight in "Manchester"?
(a) The men are ready for a fight.
(b) The men are very angry and aggressive.
(c) The men are very important with the ICJ.
(d) The men are merely foot soldiers.
4. What does Buford discover about the places in which the games are played?
(a) They don't have air conditioning.
(b) They are filled with rotten odors.
(c) They are really clean and nice.
(d) They are run down and dilapidated.
5. What does Buford notice about hundreds of Manchester United Fans?
(a) Most have tattoos related to the Manchester United Football club.
(b) Most are old and poor.
(c) Most are ex football players.
(d) They are really angry and agressive.
6. What does Buford realize about the man he meets in "Manchester"?
(a) That he is a good man.
(b) That he is very important to the ICJ.
(c) That he is a crook.
(d) That he trusts him.
7. What happens to the woman who screams in the crowd in "Turin"?
(a) She is seriously injured.
(b) She dies.
(c) She falls and breaks her leg.
(d) She is passed to the front and exits.
8. What does the mob begin to chant at the train station in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(a) It's going off.
(b) Kill, Kill Kill.
(c) Fight, Fight, Fight.
(d) Hurt, Kill, Fight.
9. What does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" say about those involved in firms?
(a) Nearly everyone is charged with a crime or put in jail at some point.
(b) Nearly everyone has to fight.
(c) Nearly everyone is an ex football player.
(d) Nearly everyone is rich.
10. What does a "package" include?
(a) Air travel, hotel, and match tickets.
(b) Hotel and tickets.
(c) Tickets and a meal plan
(d) Air travel and hotel.
11. How much money does Buford estimate the man he meets in "Manchester" spends at the pub?
(a) 60 pounds.
(b) 75 dollars.
(c) 75 pounds.
(d) 60 dollars.
12. What does Buford notice after he arrives at a firm?
(a) Gun shots.
(b) Women being raped.
(c) Police coming in helicopters, vehicles, and horseback.
(d) People being beaten.
13. What does Robert point out to Buford in "Sunderland and Manchester" relating to mob violence?
(a) No one can control it.
(b) The mob has to have humor as well.
(c) The women allow it.
(d) The police allow it.
14. Where does Buford arrive after searching for a firm in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
(a) The river.
(b) The lake.
(c) The Shed.
(d) The pub.
15. Who arrives at the square at the end of "Turin"?
(a) The Prime Minister.
(b) The army.
(c) More fans.
(d) The football team.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy who looks like Keith Richards say to Buford about the football violence?
2. What does Buford compare the fans of football to?
3. What does being a jib require?
4. How does Buford feel among the crowd in "Turin"?
5. Where was the first game Buford attended?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)