|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Buford's first game?
2. What does the Manchester group note at the end of "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(a) They work best in foreign countries.
(b) They hate West Ham.
(c) They want to keep fighting.
(d) They want to stop the mob violence.
3. Who else does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" mention being involved with the ICJ?
(a) Roy Downes and Banana Bob.
(b) Royce Doons and Bobby Ban.
(c) Raye Down and Bann Bobby.
(d) Ray Deer and Bob Bob.
4. What does Buford find interesting about the banned teams fans?
(a) The police wanted to ban them, but the government did not.
(b) They are banned, but without enforcement.
(c) Other teams are not banned.
(d) They are enforced for the first half of the game only.
5. Which of the following does Buford not mention in relation to the football fans?
(b) Self destructive.
6. How do Buford and the Italians feel as they watch the English outside the square in "Turin"?
(a) Disgruntled and appalled.
(b) Ready to fight back.
(c) Fascinated and in awe.
7. What is Brunswick?
(a) A man Buford meets.
(b) A city.
(c) A pub.
(d) A football player.
8. What does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" do with him that evening?
(a) Takes him to dinner.
(b) Gets Buford really drunk as they talk.
(c) Beats him up.
(d) Nearly kills Buford.
9. What country are the semi-finals held in Chapter 2?
10. Who does Buford notice approaching him while he is standing at the beginning of the book?
(b) An old lady.
(c) Several police officers.
(d) Football players.
11. Where was the first game Buford attended?
(a) Blackney Street.
(b) Black Heart Lane.
(c) White Hay Road.
(d) White Hart Lane.
12. How does Buford feel among the crowd in "Turin"?
13. Where is Buford standing at the beginning of the book?
(a) A train station outside of Cardiff.
(b) A football field.
(c) A pub.
(d) An airport.
14. Who arrives at the square at the end of "Turin"?
(a) More fans.
(b) The Prime Minister.
(c) The army.
(d) The football team.
15. What does Buford compare the fans of football to?
(a) Anxious parents waiting for their children's medical results.
(b) An addiction that is disgusting at first, then pleasureable over time.
(c) Family abuse.
(d) A squriming cattle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "the simple squeeze"?
2. Who does Buford attempt to locate to interview at the end of "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
3. What happens to cause the English to throw everything breakable at the Italians in "Turin"?
4. What does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" say is a problem within the ICJ?
5. What does a "package" include?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)