|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Buford attempt to locate to interview at the end of "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A football player.
(c) A thug.
(d) A pub owner.
2. Where does Buford meet R. McAllister?
3. What do the fans do as they exit the plane in "Turin"?
(a) Run and chant.
(b) Board a train.
(c) Walk to the stadium.
(d) Board buses.
4. Who is Roy Downes?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A pub owner.
(c) A true thug.
(d) A bookie.
5. What does Buford find interesting about the banned teams fans?
(a) Other teams are not banned.
(b) They are enforced for the first half of the game only.
(c) They are banned, but without enforcement.
(d) The police wanted to ban them, but the government did not.
6. What two names does Buford mention he has heard of prior to meeting them in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(a) Daft Donald and Berlin Red.
(b) D. Donn and B. Redd.
(c) Daft Donny and Berly Reedy.
(d) Daffy Duck and Burnt Red.
7. What match does Buford attend at the invitation of members of the firm?
(a) Turin Juventus.
(b) West Ham.
8. What does Richard say is the most important role in life?
(a) Being a good dad.
(b) Being a hard worker.
(c) Being involved in church.
(d) Being a member of a firm.
9. What is the Manchester football fan club named?
(a) Inner Cite Jabbers.
(b) Inner City Jibbers or ICJ.
(c) Iron City Jaws.
(d) In Cite Jibs.
10. How does Buford feel about the crowds at the games at the end of "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
(a) Hates the crowds.
(b) Surprised that he enjoys the crowds.
(c) Scared of the crowds.
(d) Intrigued by the crowds chaos.
11. Where does Buford retreat to jot down the stories the men give him in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(b) The car.
(c) His hotel.
(d) The bathroom.
12. Where does Buford go to find a "firm" in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
(a) Stamford Lane.
(b) Stafford Road.
(c) Stamford Bridge.
(d) Samford Canal.
13. What does being a jib require?
(a) Being broke.
(c) Finding a way around paying for tickets and travel needs through confrontation of large numbers.
(d) Being politely rude.
14. What agency handles the "package" deal that the man Buford meets in "Manchester" tells him about?
(a) Bobby Boss Travel Agency.
(b) Booby Bust Agency.
(c) Herron Travel Agency.
(d) Bum Booze Agency.
15. What is "the simple squeeze"?
(a) A method to calm oneself by squeezing one's legs.
(b) A method of wedging ones body through a crowd.
(c) Squeezing ones neck to kill.
(d) Method to get orange juice from an orange.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Buford waits for his tickets to be set up, who throws bottle and debris at their head beneath the stadium in "Turin"?
2. What happens to the Italian boy that braves the square in hope to practice his English in "Turin"?
3. What happens to Buford after he makes his way out of the mob in "Turin"?
4. What does Buford realize as he talks to the men in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
5. What do the English fans do to the Italian crowd in "Turin"?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)