|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Buford and the Italians feel as they watch the English outside the square in "Turin"?
(a) Fascinated and in awe.
(b) Ready to fight back.
(c) Disgruntled and appalled.
2. What does Buford compare the fans of football to?
(a) Anxious parents waiting for their children's medical results.
(b) A squriming cattle.
(c) Family abuse.
(d) An addiction that is disgusting at first, then pleasureable over time.
3. What does the mob begin to chant at the train station in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(a) It's going off.
(b) Fight, Fight, Fight.
(c) Hurt, Kill, Fight.
(d) Kill, Kill Kill.
4. Who makes up the smaller circle of Manchester United supporters?
(a) The sons to the men of the larger circle.
(b) Ex football players.
(c) Unofficial supporters or members of the firm.
(d) The wives to the men of the larger circle.
5. Where does Buford attend other matches at the end of "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
(a) London and Glasgow.
(b) Dublin and Cork.
(c) Oxford and Cambridge.
(d) Manchester and Glascow.
6. What happens to the woman who screams in the crowd in "Turin"?
(a) She is passed to the front and exits.
(b) She falls and breaks her leg.
(c) She dies.
(d) She is seriously injured.
7. What is Buford's reaction to what happens to the man who falls at the beginning of the novel?
8. What does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" do with him that evening?
(a) Takes him to dinner.
(b) Gets Buford really drunk as they talk.
(c) Beats him up.
(d) Nearly kills Buford.
9. Which of the following is not mentioned being beaten by the English?
(a) A woman with a baby.
(b) An Italian's head is smashed.
(c) A man in front of his family.
(d) An eleven year old boy.
10. How much money does Buford estimate the man he meets in "Manchester" spends at the pub?
(a) 75 dollars.
(b) 60 dollars.
(c) 75 pounds.
(d) 60 pounds.
11. How does Buford feel among the crowd in "Turin"?
12. What is "the shove"?
(a) A method of fighting.
(b) A method of pushing the person in front of you to force the mob to move.
(c) The initiating moment of a football game.
(d) An ineffective way of entering a fight.
13. What is "the simple squeeze"?
(a) Method to get orange juice from an orange.
(b) A method of wedging ones body through a crowd.
(c) Squeezing ones neck to kill.
(d) A method to calm oneself by squeezing one's legs.
14. Who is Roy Downes?
(a) A bookie.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A pub owner.
(d) A true thug.
15. What does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" say is a problem within the ICJ?
(a) Having more than one leader.
(b) The women wanting to enter the mobs.
(c) The huge violence.
(d) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it mean when a person is on the "jib"?
2. What is Buford's first game?
3. What do the fans do as they exit the plane in "Turin"?
4. While Buford waits for his tickets to be set up, who throws bottle and debris at their head beneath the stadium in "Turin"?
5. Who arrives at the square at the end of "Turin"?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)