|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a "firm"?
(a) A notarized invitation.
(b) A speech.
(c) A football fan club.
(d) An office of lawyers.
2. Where does R. McAllister work?
(a) A travel agency.
(b) A firm.
(c) A pub.
(d) Wearside Police.
3. What does Richard say is the most important role in life?
(a) Being involved in church.
(b) Being a hard worker.
(c) Being a member of a firm.
(d) Being a good dad.
4. Where does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" take him?
(a) A brothel.
(b) A pub.
(c) A train station.
(d) A match.
5. What do the fans do as they exit the plane in "Turin"?
(a) Walk to the stadium.
(b) Board a train.
(c) Board buses.
(d) Run and chant.
6. In Chapter 2, who does Manchester play?
(b) Turin Jeventus.
(c) Cambridge United.
(d) Cockney Reds.
7. What agency handles the "package" deal that the man Buford meets in "Manchester" tells him about?
(a) Booby Bust Agency.
(b) Bum Booze Agency.
(c) Herron Travel Agency.
(d) Bobby Boss Travel Agency.
8. Buford notes how much alcohol he has consumed with the man he meets in "Manchester." How much is it?
(a) 4 shots and 7 pints of lager.
(b) 2 cans of bitter and 8 pints of lager.
(c) A bottle of Vodka and 4 cans of lager.
(d) 2 cans of lager and 8 pints of bitter.
9. What do Buford and R. McAllister discuss?
(a) The mob's violence.
(b) How to become a part of a firm.
(c) European football.
(d) American football.
10. What does being a jib require?
(a) Being politely rude.
(b) Being broke.
(d) Finding a way around paying for tickets and travel needs through confrontation of large numbers.
11. What does Buford notice about the men on his flight in "Manchester"?
(a) The men are ready for a fight.
(b) The men are very important with the ICJ.
(c) The men are merely foot soldiers.
(d) The men are very angry and aggressive.
12. How does Buford feel about the English football game at the end of the first chapter?
(a) He loves it and wants to become a leader in one of the firms.
(b) He likes it, although he is not in a firm yet.
(c) He is indifferent and just wants to finish his story.
(d) He hates it, but needs his interview.
13. Who is Michael Wicks?
(a) A pilot.
(b) The acting British Consul.
(c) The head of the ICJ.
(d) A football player.
14. What does it mean when a person is on the "jib"?
(a) They are sick.
(b) They are fugitives.
(c) They are poor and broke.
(d) They travel to the games without spending any money.
15. What is the Manchester football fan club named?
(a) Inner Cite Jabbers.
(b) In Cite Jibs.
(c) Inner City Jibbers or ICJ.
(d) Iron City Jaws.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Buford feel about the crowds at the games at the end of "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
2. Who does Buford attempt to locate to interview at the end of "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
3. What does it mean when "it's going to go off"?
4. What is "the shove"?
5. What does Buford find interesting about the banned teams fans?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)