|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Roy Downes?
(a) He was stabbed by several rival fans.
(b) He kills Tony Roberts.
(c) He was appointed head of ICJ.
(d) He was murdered.
2. How does Buford feel about the crowds at the games at the end of "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
(a) Surprised that he enjoys the crowds.
(b) Intrigued by the crowds chaos.
(c) Hates the crowds.
(d) Scared of the crowds.
3. What firm is Gurney a part of?
(a) Turin Juventus.
(c) Manchester United.
(d) The Cockney Reds.
4. Why are the Manchester supporters humiliated by the West Ham supporters in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(a) The West Ham supporters do not flinch at the bottles thrown at them.
(b) More Mancherster fans were killed than West Ham.
(c) They beat them up.
(d) They walked away.
5. Who does Buford remember a story about in "Turin"?
(a) His first time meeting football fans.
(b) A scared journalist.
(c) His ex girlfriend.
(d) The head of the ICJ being murdered.
6. What does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" say is a problem within the ICJ?
(a) Having more than one leader.
(b) The police.
(c) The women wanting to enter the mobs.
(d) The huge violence.
7. What three adjectives does Buford use to describe the conditions of the matches?
(a) Cramped, old, and violent.
(b) Cramped, dirty, and volatile.
(c) Smelly, bleak, and disgusting.
(d) Pleasurable, dirty, and volatile.
8. What is "the shove"?
(a) The initiating moment of a football game.
(b) A method of fighting.
(c) A method of pushing the person in front of you to force the mob to move.
(d) An ineffective way of entering a fight.
9. What does it mean when "it's going to go off"?
(a) Someone is about to scream.
(b) Violence is about to erupt.
(c) People are getting drunk.
(d) Someone is about to die.
10. What does Buford notice after he arrives at a firm?
(a) Police coming in helicopters, vehicles, and horseback.
(b) People being beaten.
(c) Women being raped.
(d) Gun shots.
11. Who is Tony Roberts?
(a) A true thug.
(b) A well dressed leader who jumps from position to position.
(c) A football player.
(d) A pub owner.
12. What does Richard say is the most important role in life?
(a) Being involved in church.
(b) Being a member of a firm.
(c) Being a hard worker.
(d) Being a good dad.
13. How does Buford feel among the crowd in "Turin"?
14. Where does Buford meet R. McAllister?
15. In Chapter 2, who does Manchester play?
(a) Turin Jeventus.
(b) Cambridge United.
(d) Cockney Reds.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what team is banned from attending its own matches?
2. What does Buford address in his book "Among the Thugs"?
3. Where is Buford standing at the beginning of the book?
4. Who does Buford notice approaching him while he is standing at the beginning of the book?
5. Who makes up the smaller circle of Manchester United supporters?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)