|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buford discover about the places in which the games are played?
(a) They are run down and dilapidated.
(b) They are filled with rotten odors.
(c) They are really clean and nice.
(d) They don't have air conditioning.
2. Where does Buford go to find a "firm" in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
(a) Samford Canal.
(b) Stafford Road.
(c) Stamford Lane.
(d) Stamford Bridge.
3. In Chapter 2, who does Manchester play?
(b) Turin Jeventus.
(c) Cambridge United.
(d) Cockney Reds.
4. Who is Roy Downes?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A bookie.
(c) A true thug.
(d) A pub owner.
5. What does Buford find interesting about the banned teams fans?
(a) The police wanted to ban them, but the government did not.
(b) Other teams are not banned.
(c) They are banned, but without enforcement.
(d) They are enforced for the first half of the game only.
6. Where does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" take him?
(a) A match.
(b) A train station.
(c) A pub.
(d) A brothel.
7. Who does Buford attempt to locate to interview at the end of "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A thug.
(c) A pub owner.
(d) A football player.
8. Why is Buford amazed by the men in ICJ he meet in "Turin".
(a) The amount they drink.
(b) The way they attack and injure people.
(c) The amount they cuss.
(d) The trust they have and need to prove themselves to him.
9. What is "the shove"?
(a) A method of pushing the person in front of you to force the mob to move.
(b) A method of fighting.
(c) The initiating moment of a football game.
(d) An ineffective way of entering a fight.
10. What does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" do for a living?
(a) He is a retired football player.
(b) He's a skilled electrician.
(c) He is a janitor.
(d) He is a police officer.
11. Who does Buford meet and spend a long and informative evening with in "Manchester"?
12. What firm is Gurney a part of?
(a) Turin Juventus.
(c) The Cockney Reds.
(d) Manchester United.
13. Who does Buford follow out of the mob in "Turin"?
14. Who arrives at the square at the end of "Turin"?
(a) More fans.
(b) The army.
(c) The football team.
(d) The Prime Minister.
15. What match does Buford attend at the invitation of members of the firm?
(a) Turin Juventus.
(c) West Ham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "the simple squeeze"?
2. How does Buford feel about the crowds at the games at the end of "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
3. What does it mean when a person is on the "jib"?
4. What does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" do with him that evening?
5. What does a "package" include?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)