|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Tony Roberts?
(a) A true thug.
(b) A well dressed leader who jumps from position to position.
(c) A football player.
(d) A pub owner.
2. What does Buford notice about hundreds of Manchester United Fans?
(a) Most are old and poor.
(b) Most are ex football players.
(c) Most have tattoos related to the Manchester United Football club.
(d) They are really angry and agressive.
3. Where does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" take him?
(a) A match.
(b) A brothel.
(c) A train station.
(d) A pub.
4. What is Buford's reaction to what happens to the man who falls at the beginning of the novel?
5. Where do several English break into in "Turin"?
(a) A pub.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A brothel.
(d) A football game.
6. While Buford waits for his tickets to be set up, who throws bottle and debris at their head beneath the stadium in "Turin"?
(b) The women.
7. What agency handles the "package" deal that the man Buford meets in "Manchester" tells him about?
(a) Bobby Boss Travel Agency.
(b) Bum Booze Agency.
(c) Herron Travel Agency.
(d) Booby Bust Agency.
8. What do the fans do as they exit the plane in "Turin"?
(a) Board a train.
(b) Board buses.
(c) Walk to the stadium.
(d) Run and chant.
9. How does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" feel about journalists?
(a) He loves them.
(b) He despises them.
(c) He hates them and calls them wankers.
(d) He feels indifferent about them.
10. Where does Buford arrive after searching for a firm in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
(a) The Shed.
(b) The lake.
(c) The pub.
(d) The river.
11. Which of the following is not mentioned being beaten by the English?
(a) An eleven year old boy.
(b) An Italian's head is smashed.
(c) A man in front of his family.
(d) A woman with a baby.
12. Who does Buford attempt to locate to interview at the end of "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
(a) A pub owner.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A thug.
(d) A football player.
13. What three adjectives does Buford use to describe the conditions of the matches?
(a) Cramped, dirty, and volatile.
(b) Smelly, bleak, and disgusting.
(c) Pleasurable, dirty, and volatile.
(d) Cramped, old, and violent.
14. What does Buford notice after he arrives at a firm?
(a) Police coming in helicopters, vehicles, and horseback.
(b) People being beaten.
(c) Gun shots.
(d) Women being raped.
15. What does the boy who looks like Keith Richards say to Buford about the football violence?
(a) It's necessary.
(b) It's a vital part of the game and community.
(c) He hates it.
(d) It is part of human nature and they would "go off" elsewhere if it weren't at the games.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buford discover about the places in which the games are played?
2. Who arrives at the square at the end of "Turin"?
3. Who does Buford meet and spend a long and informative evening with in "Manchester"?
4. How does Buford feel among the crowd in "Turin"?
5. What happened to Roy Downes?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)