|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What match does Buford attend at the invitation of members of the firm?
(b) West Ham.
(c) Turin Juventus.
2. What happens to the Italian boy that braves the square in hope to practice his English in "Turin"?
(a) He is spit and urinated on.
(b) He is kicked in the groin and led away by his friends.
(c) He is beaten to near death.
(d) He is stabbed.
3. Who makes up the smaller circle of Manchester United supporters?
(a) The wives to the men of the larger circle.
(b) Unofficial supporters or members of the firm.
(c) Ex football players.
(d) The sons to the men of the larger circle.
4. Which of the following does Buford not mention in relation to the football fans?
(b) Self destructive.
5. How much money does Buford estimate the man he meets in "Manchester" spends at the pub?
(a) 60 dollars.
(b) 60 pounds.
(c) 75 dollars.
(d) 75 pounds.
6. What does Buford realize as he talks to the men in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(a) They are violent and hot headed.
(b) They are down to earth.
(c) They take pride in their positions and want to inform the world of them.
(d) They are arrogant.
7. What does it mean when "it's going to go off"?
(a) People are getting drunk.
(b) Someone is about to scream.
(c) Someone is about to die.
(d) Violence is about to erupt.
8. Who is the sole leader of the West Ham supporters that march in organized lines in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(a) Bruce Gardney.
(b) Bill Gardiner.
(c) Billy G.
(d) Ben Garden.
9. How does Buford feel about the crowds at the games at the end of "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
(a) Hates the crowds.
(b) Scared of the crowds.
(c) Intrigued by the crowds chaos.
(d) Surprised that he enjoys the crowds.
10. Who is Roy Downes?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A bookie.
(c) A true thug.
(d) A pub owner.
11. Why are the Manchester supporters humiliated by the West Ham supporters in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(a) More Mancherster fans were killed than West Ham.
(b) They walked away.
(c) The West Ham supporters do not flinch at the bottles thrown at them.
(d) They beat them up.
12. What is a "firm"?
(a) An office of lawyers.
(b) A football fan club.
(c) A notarized invitation.
(d) A speech.
13. Where does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" take him?
(a) A pub.
(b) A match.
(c) A brothel.
(d) A train station.
14. What happened to Roy Downes?
(a) He was appointed head of ICJ.
(b) He was stabbed by several rival fans.
(c) He was murdered.
(d) He kills Tony Roberts.
15. What happens to the woman who screams in the crowd in "Turin"?
(a) She falls and breaks her leg.
(b) She is seriously injured.
(c) She is passed to the front and exits.
(d) She dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the first game Buford attended?
2. What does Richard say is the most important role in life?
3. What is the Manchester football fan club named?
4. What country are the semi-finals held in Chapter 2?
5. How does Buford feel among the crowd in "Turin"?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)