|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two names does Buford mention he has heard of prior to meeting them in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(a) Daft Donny and Berly Reedy.
(b) Daft Donald and Berlin Red.
(c) D. Donn and B. Redd.
(d) Daffy Duck and Burnt Red.
2. Who does Buford meet and spend a long and informative evening with in "Manchester"?
3. What is Buford's first game?
4. How does Buford feel about the crowds at the games at the end of "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
(a) Surprised that he enjoys the crowds.
(b) Hates the crowds.
(c) Scared of the crowds.
(d) Intrigued by the crowds chaos.
5. What does Buford realize about the man he meets in "Manchester"?
(a) That he is a crook.
(b) That he is a good man.
(c) That he is very important to the ICJ.
(d) That he trusts him.
6. In Chapter 2, who does Manchester play?
(a) Cambridge United.
(b) Turin Jeventus.
(c) Cockney Reds.
7. What do the fans do as they exit the plane in "Turin"?
(a) Walk to the stadium.
(b) Board a train.
(c) Run and chant.
(d) Board buses.
8. Where was the first game Buford attended?
(a) Black Heart Lane.
(b) Blackney Street.
(c) White Hay Road.
(d) White Hart Lane.
9. What happened to Roy Downes?
(a) He kills Tony Roberts.
(b) He was appointed head of ICJ.
(c) He was stabbed by several rival fans.
(d) He was murdered.
10. Who does Buford remember a story about in "Turin"?
(a) His ex girlfriend.
(b) His first time meeting football fans.
(c) The head of the ICJ being murdered.
(d) A scared journalist.
11. What firm is Gurney a part of?
(a) The Cockney Reds.
(c) Turin Juventus.
(d) Manchester United.
12. What does Buford compare the fans of football to?
(a) Anxious parents waiting for their children's medical results.
(b) A squriming cattle.
(c) Family abuse.
(d) An addiction that is disgusting at first, then pleasureable over time.
13. What does Buford find interesting about the banned teams fans?
(a) They are banned, but without enforcement.
(b) The police wanted to ban them, but the government did not.
(c) They are enforced for the first half of the game only.
(d) Other teams are not banned.
14. What is "the simple squeeze"?
(a) A method to calm oneself by squeezing one's legs.
(b) Method to get orange juice from an orange.
(c) A method of wedging ones body through a crowd.
(d) Squeezing ones neck to kill.
15. Who is the sole leader of the West Ham supporters that march in organized lines in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(a) Ben Garden.
(b) Bill Gardiner.
(c) Bruce Gardney.
(d) Billy G.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buford notice at the first game he attends?
2. What does Buford purchase from the man he meets in "Manchester"?
3. Who else does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" mention being involved with the ICJ?
4. What does the mob begin to chant at the train station in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
5. Why does Buford quickly realize after he sees the man fall in, "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)