|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buford realize as he talks to the men in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(a) They are down to earth.
(b) They are violent and hot headed.
(c) They are arrogant.
(d) They take pride in their positions and want to inform the world of them.
2. What three adjectives does Buford use to describe the conditions of the matches?
(a) Cramped, dirty, and volatile.
(b) Smelly, bleak, and disgusting.
(c) Cramped, old, and violent.
(d) Pleasurable, dirty, and volatile.
3. What does it mean when a person is on the "jib"?
(a) They are poor and broke.
(b) They are sick.
(c) They travel to the games without spending any money.
(d) They are fugitives.
4. What happens to cause the English to throw everything breakable at the Italians in "Turin"?
(a) An Englishman is killed.
(b) An Italian throws a rock at the bus.
(c) An Italian is killed.
(d) An Italian pushes Miachel Wicks.
5. What does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" say about those involved in firms?
(a) Nearly everyone is charged with a crime or put in jail at some point.
(b) Nearly everyone has to fight.
(c) Nearly everyone is rich.
(d) Nearly everyone is an ex football player.
6. What does the Manchester group note at the end of "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(a) They work best in foreign countries.
(b) They want to keep fighting.
(c) They hate West Ham.
(d) They want to stop the mob violence.
7. What does Buford notice the police have with them at the train station in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(a) Night sticks.
(c) Dog handlers.
(d) Tear gas.
8. What does Buford compare the fans of football to?
(a) A squriming cattle.
(b) Anxious parents waiting for their children's medical results.
(c) An addiction that is disgusting at first, then pleasureable over time.
(d) Family abuse.
9. What country are the semi-finals held in Chapter 2?
10. What is Buford's first game?
11. How much money does Buford estimate the man he meets in "Manchester" spends at the pub?
(a) 75 dollars.
(b) 60 pounds.
(c) 75 pounds.
(d) 60 dollars.
12. What does Buford find interesting about the banned teams fans?
(a) They are enforced for the first half of the game only.
(b) Other teams are not banned.
(c) They are banned, but without enforcement.
(d) The police wanted to ban them, but the government did not.
13. What does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" do for a living?
(a) He is a police officer.
(b) He is a janitor.
(c) He is a retired football player.
(d) He's a skilled electrician.
14. Who makes up the smaller circle of Manchester United supporters?
(a) The wives to the men of the larger circle.
(b) Unofficial supporters or members of the firm.
(c) Ex football players.
(d) The sons to the men of the larger circle.
15. Where was the first game Buford attended?
(a) White Hay Road.
(b) White Hart Lane.
(c) Black Heart Lane.
(d) Blackney Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the man that falls at the beginning of the book?
2. Why does Buford quickly realize after he sees the man fall in, "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
3. Who does Buford attempt to locate to interview at the end of "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
4. What does Buford notice at the first game he attends?
5. What does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" do with him that evening?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)