Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mob begin to chant at the train station in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(a) Kill, Kill Kill.
(b) Hurt, Kill, Fight.
(c) Fight, Fight, Fight.
(d) It's going off.
2. Where does R. McAllister work?
(a) A travel agency.
(b) A firm.
(c) Wearside Police.
(d) A pub.
3. What does Buford realize as he talks to the men in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(a) They take pride in their positions and want to inform the world of them.
(b) They are down to earth.
(c) They are arrogant.
(d) They are violent and hot headed.
4. What does the boy who looks like Keith Richards say to Buford about the football violence?
(a) It is part of human nature and they would "go off" elsewhere if it weren't at the games.
(b) He hates it.
(c) It's necessary.
(d) It's a vital part of the game and community.
5. Who does Buford meet and spend a long and informative evening with in "Manchester"?
6. What does Buford notice about hundreds of Manchester United Fans?
(a) Most are ex football players.
(b) Most have tattoos related to the Manchester United Football club.
(c) Most are old and poor.
(d) They are really angry and agressive.
7. What is "the simple squeeze"?
(a) Squeezing ones neck to kill.
(b) A method of wedging ones body through a crowd.
(c) Method to get orange juice from an orange.
(d) A method to calm oneself by squeezing one's legs.
8. Who does Buford attempt to locate to interview at the end of "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
(a) A football player.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A thug.
(d) A pub owner.
9. What is a "firm"?
(a) An office of lawyers.
(b) A speech.
(c) A notarized invitation.
(d) A football fan club.
10. What happens to the man that falls at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is murdered.
(b) He is given food.
(c) He is arrested.
(d) He is taken home.
11. What do the fans do as they exit the plane in "Turin"?
(a) Walk to the stadium.
(b) Run and chant.
(c) Board buses.
(d) Board a train.
12. What does Buford find interesting about the banned teams fans?
(a) The police wanted to ban them, but the government did not.
(b) They are enforced for the first half of the game only.
(c) Other teams are not banned.
(d) They are banned, but without enforcement.
13. What country are the semi-finals held in Chapter 2?
14. Who does Buford notice approaching him while he is standing at the beginning of the book?
(b) Several police officers.
(c) An old lady.
(d) Football players.
15. Who is Michael Wicks?
(a) The acting British Consul.
(b) A football player.
(c) The head of the ICJ.
(d) A pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, who does Manchester play?
2. Who is Tony Roberts?
3. Where is Buford standing at the beginning of the book?
4. In Chapter 2, what team is banned from attending its own matches?
5. Which of the following does Buford not mention in relation to the football fans?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)