|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Buford go to find a "firm" in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
(a) Stamford Lane.
(b) Stafford Road.
(c) Samford Canal.
(d) Stamford Bridge.
2. In Chapter 2, what team is banned from attending its own matches?
(a) Bobby Boss.
(b) Turin Juventus.
(c) Manchester United.
(d) Cockney Reds.
3. Who else does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" mention being involved with the ICJ?
(a) Raye Down and Bann Bobby.
(b) Roy Downes and Banana Bob.
(c) Royce Doons and Bobby Ban.
(d) Ray Deer and Bob Bob.
4. What does Buford mean when he says the man he meets in "Manchester" is well off?
(a) He hasn't missed a match in 4 years.
(b) He owns every pub in West Manchester.
(c) He never has to take the train.
(d) He is a lawyer for the IJC.
5. Who is Tony Roberts?
(a) A pub owner.
(b) A true thug.
(c) A football player.
(d) A well dressed leader who jumps from position to position.
6. How do Buford and the Italians feel as they watch the English outside the square in "Turin"?
(b) Ready to fight back.
(c) Disgruntled and appalled.
(d) Fascinated and in awe.
7. Who does Buford attempt to locate to interview at the end of "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
(a) A thug.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A pub owner.
(d) A football player.
8. What happens to the man that falls at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is taken home.
(b) He is murdered.
(c) He is arrested.
(d) He is given food.
9. What does Buford realize is the reason for those approaching where he is standing at the beginning of the book?
(a) Teenagers were behaving rudley.
(b) Someone was just mugged.
(c) Several hundred football supporters just arrived from Liverpool.
(d) Someone was just killed.
10. Where does Buford retreat to jot down the stories the men give him in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(b) The car.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) His hotel.
11. What does Buford notice about the men on his flight in "Manchester"?
(a) The men are merely foot soldiers.
(b) The men are very angry and aggressive.
(c) The men are ready for a fight.
(d) The men are very important with the ICJ.
12. What happens to cause the English to throw everything breakable at the Italians in "Turin"?
(a) An Italian throws a rock at the bus.
(b) An Italian pushes Miachel Wicks.
(c) An Italian is killed.
(d) An Englishman is killed.
13. What is Buford's reaction to what happens to the man who falls at the beginning of the novel?
14. What do the fans do as they exit the plane in "Turin"?
(a) Board a train.
(b) Walk to the stadium.
(c) Run and chant.
(d) Board buses.
15. What is "the shove"?
(a) The initiating moment of a football game.
(b) An ineffective way of entering a fight.
(c) A method of fighting.
(d) A method of pushing the person in front of you to force the mob to move.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes up the smaller circle of Manchester United supporters?
2. What happens to the Italian boy that braves the square in hope to practice his English in "Turin"?
3. What is Brunswick?
4. How does Buford feel among the crowd in "Turin"?
5. What do the English fans do to the Italian crowd in "Turin"?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)