|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buford notice about the men on his flight in "Manchester"?
(a) The men are ready for a fight.
(b) The men are merely foot soldiers.
(c) The men are very important with the ICJ.
(d) The men are very angry and aggressive.
2. What happened to Roy Downes?
(a) He was murdered.
(b) He kills Tony Roberts.
(c) He was appointed head of ICJ.
(d) He was stabbed by several rival fans.
3. What happens to the woman who screams in the crowd in "Turin"?
(a) She falls and breaks her leg.
(b) She dies.
(c) She is passed to the front and exits.
(d) She is seriously injured.
4. While Buford waits for his tickets to be set up, who throws bottle and debris at their head beneath the stadium in "Turin"?
(b) The women.
5. What does a "package" include?
(a) Tickets and a meal plan
(b) Hotel and tickets.
(c) Air travel, hotel, and match tickets.
(d) Air travel and hotel.
6. Where was the first game Buford attended?
(a) White Hart Lane.
(b) White Hay Road.
(c) Blackney Street.
(d) Black Heart Lane.
7. Who is Tony Roberts?
(a) A true thug.
(b) A pub owner.
(c) A football player.
(d) A well dressed leader who jumps from position to position.
8. What does Buford purchase from the man he meets in "Manchester"?
(a) The package.
(b) His watch.
(c) His game tickets.
(d) His airfare to the next game.
9. What match does Buford attend at the invitation of members of the firm?
(c) West Ham.
(d) Turin Juventus.
10. What does Buford notice at the first game he attends?
(a) Women are present.
(b) Children are not allowed.
(c) Women are not present.
(d) Many younger individuals swear violently and fight.
11. Who does Buford meet and spend a long and informative evening with in "Manchester"?
12. What is Brunswick?
(a) A pub.
(b) A football player.
(c) A city.
(d) A man Buford meets.
13. What does Buford notice after he arrives at a firm?
(a) Police coming in helicopters, vehicles, and horseback.
(b) People being beaten.
(c) Gun shots.
(d) Women being raped.
14. Who does Buford remember a story about in "Turin"?
(a) His first time meeting football fans.
(b) His ex girlfriend.
(c) The head of the ICJ being murdered.
(d) A scared journalist.
15. What does Buford compare the fans of football to?
(a) Anxious parents waiting for their children's medical results.
(b) An addiction that is disgusting at first, then pleasureable over time.
(c) A squriming cattle.
(d) Family abuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two names does Buford mention he has heard of prior to meeting them in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
2. What three adjectives does Buford use to describe the conditions of the matches?
3. What does Buford realize is the reason for those approaching where he is standing at the beginning of the book?
4. Which of the following does Buford not mention in relation to the football fans?
5. What country are the semi-finals held in Chapter 2?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)