|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buford notice about hundreds of Manchester United Fans?
(a) Most are ex football players.
(b) Most are old and poor.
(c) They are really angry and agressive.
(d) Most have tattoos related to the Manchester United Football club.
2. What happens to cause the English to throw everything breakable at the Italians in "Turin"?
(a) An Italian pushes Miachel Wicks.
(b) An Italian throws a rock at the bus.
(c) An Englishman is killed.
(d) An Italian is killed.
3. What is Buford's first game?
4. What does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" say is a problem within the ICJ?
(a) The women wanting to enter the mobs.
(b) The police.
(c) Having more than one leader.
(d) The huge violence.
5. What is the Manchester football fan club named?
(a) Iron City Jaws.
(b) Inner Cite Jabbers.
(c) Inner City Jibbers or ICJ.
(d) In Cite Jibs.
6. Why is Buford amazed by the men in ICJ he meet in "Turin".
(a) The way they attack and injure people.
(b) The amount they drink.
(c) The trust they have and need to prove themselves to him.
(d) The amount they cuss.
7. Which of the following does Buford not mention in relation to the football fans?
(c) Self destructive.
8. What does Buford notice after he arrives at a firm?
(a) Women being raped.
(b) People being beaten.
(c) Police coming in helicopters, vehicles, and horseback.
(d) Gun shots.
9. How does Buford feel about the English football game at the end of the first chapter?
(a) He hates it, but needs his interview.
(b) He loves it and wants to become a leader in one of the firms.
(c) He likes it, although he is not in a firm yet.
(d) He is indifferent and just wants to finish his story.
10. Why are the Manchester supporters humiliated by the West Ham supporters in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(a) The West Ham supporters do not flinch at the bottles thrown at them.
(b) They walked away.
(c) More Mancherster fans were killed than West Ham.
(d) They beat them up.
11. What country are the semi-finals held in Chapter 2?
12. What does the boy who looks like Keith Richards say to Buford about the football violence?
(a) It's necessary.
(b) It's a vital part of the game and community.
(c) He hates it.
(d) It is part of human nature and they would "go off" elsewhere if it weren't at the games.
13. Who does Buford meet and spend a long and informative evening with in "Manchester"?
14. What two names does Buford mention he has heard of prior to meeting them in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(a) Daft Donny and Berly Reedy.
(b) Daffy Duck and Burnt Red.
(c) D. Donn and B. Redd.
(d) Daft Donald and Berlin Red.
15. What is Buford's reaction to what happens to the man who falls at the beginning of the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sammy and what does he do?
2. In Chapter 2, who does Manchester play?
3. Where does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" take him?
4. Buford notes how much alcohol he has consumed with the man he meets in "Manchester." How much is it?
5. What does Buford find interesting about the banned teams fans?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)