Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose Buford has for writing "Among the Thugs"?
2. What happens when Buford waits at a train station in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
3. Why are Buford's friends surprised at Buford's reaction to the crowd's behavior at the train station?
4. Why does Buford go to Stamford Bridge in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
5. Who arrives at the Stamford Bridge in "A Station outside Cardiff" and what do they do?
6. Explain what the "simple squeeze" and "the shove" are.
7. What happens to Buford that makes him unsuccessful within the mob in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
8. How does Buford feel about the crowd at the end "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
9. Why is Buford particularly intrigued by the Manchester United firm?
10. Briefly describe Mick, the man Buford meets in "Manchester."
11. Explain what it means to be "on the jib."
12. What does Mick say makes a good leader within the ICJ?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)