|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sunderland and Manchester.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buford mean when he says the man he meets in "Manchester" is well off?
(a) He hasn't missed a match in 4 years.
(b) He owns every pub in West Manchester.
(c) He never has to take the train.
(d) He is a lawyer for the IJC.
2. How much alcohol does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" consume?
(a) 3 cans of lager and 20 pints of bitter.
(b) 4 shots of Tequilla and a pint of lager.
(c) 4 cans of lager, a large bottle of Vodka, and 18 pints of bitter.
(d) 1 large bottle of Vodka.
3. What does Buford discover about the places in which the games are played?
(a) They are filled with rotten odors.
(b) They are really clean and nice.
(c) They don't have air conditioning.
(d) They are run down and dilapidated.
4. What firm is Gurney a part of?
(b) Turin Juventus.
(c) The Cockney Reds.
(d) Manchester United.
5. How does Buford feel about the English football game at the end of the first chapter?
(a) He likes it, although he is not in a firm yet.
(b) He loves it and wants to become a leader in one of the firms.
(c) He is indifferent and just wants to finish his story.
(d) He hates it, but needs his interview.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buford notice after he arrives at a firm?
2. What agency handles the "package" deal that the man Buford meets in "Manchester" tells him about?
3. What does Richard say is the most important role in life?
4. Who does Buford remember a story about in "Turin"?
5. What happens to cause the English to throw everything breakable at the Italians in "Turin"?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)