|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sunderland and Manchester.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country are the semi-finals held in Chapter 2?
2. What is "the shove"?
(a) A method of pushing the person in front of you to force the mob to move.
(b) A method of fighting.
(c) The initiating moment of a football game.
(d) An ineffective way of entering a fight.
3. Where does Buford arrive after searching for a firm in "A Station Outside Cardiff"?
(a) The river.
(b) The pub.
(c) The Shed.
(d) The lake.
4. Where does Buford retreat to jot down the stories the men give him in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
(a) His hotel.
(b) The car.
(c) The bathroom.
5. What does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" do for a living?
(a) He is a retired football player.
(b) He is a janitor.
(c) He is a police officer.
(d) He's a skilled electrician.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Manchester supporters humiliated by the West Ham supporters in "Sunderland and Manchester"?
2. What happens to cause the English to throw everything breakable at the Italians in "Turin"?
3. How does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" feel about journalists?
4. What does it mean when a person is on the "jib"?
5. In Chapter 2, who does Manchester play?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)