|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Manchester.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" feel about journalists?
(a) He hates them and calls them wankers.
(b) He despises them.
(c) He feels indifferent about them.
(d) He loves them.
2. Who does Buford notice approaching him while he is standing at the beginning of the book?
(a) Football players.
(c) An old lady.
(d) Several police officers.
3. What does Buford address in his book "Among the Thugs"?
(a) The violent behavior of European football firms.
(b) Thugs in America.
(c) Thugs in Europe.
(d) Thugs in music, sports, and media.
4. In Chapter 2, what team is banned from attending its own matches?
(a) Bobby Boss.
(b) Manchester United.
(c) Turin Juventus.
(d) Cockney Reds.
5. What does the man Buford meets in "Manchester" say is a problem within the ICJ?
(a) The police.
(b) The huge violence.
(c) Having more than one leader.
(d) The women wanting to enter the mobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Buford's reaction to what happens to the man who falls at the beginning of the novel?
2. What does it mean when a person is on the "jib"?
3. What is "the shove"?
4. What does Buford realize is the reason for those approaching where he is standing at the beginning of the book?
5. Where is Buford standing at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)