* Chapter 1: A Station outside Cardiff
* Bill Buford begins his book about English football firms by describing their violent behaviors as fans.
* Buford is able to better understand the reasoning behind the intense violence by experiencing the violence first hand.
* Through the violence, alcohol, and mob mentality Buford perceives a deeper understanding of European football.
* Buford begins his book at a train station outside Cardiff where he notices policemen approaching a platform.
* Quickly Buford realizes the police are awaiting the football supporters from Liverpool.
* Buford is surprised at first, but realizes the mayhem and violence of the mob as they change trains.
* He attends his first football game played by Tottenham and Hotspur.
* Buford then decides to attend a game on his own and goes to the Stamford Bridge.
* As he arrives at "the Shed" or terrace on the Chelsea side he notices police approaching...
This section contains 2,007 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)