|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Jen able to check outside for Luke's signal without being seen every day?
2. When Jen was younger, where did her mom take her to meet other third children?
3. What does Jen use that allows her to go shopping?
4. What type of people does Luke tell Jen change the world?
5. On what day does Jen finally answer Luke's signal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jen's character is vital to the development of the story. Her influence on Luke is what changes the course of the story. Analyze Jen's character and examine how she affects Luke. What are Jen's strengths, weaknesses, and beliefs? Why does the reader believe her character is important to the overall story? What does her character add to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Explore the concept of courage and compare how it affects Jen and Luke differently. What is courage? What does Luke do during the novel that shows his courage? Is Jen considered courageous? How does Luke's courage differ from Jen's courage?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the concept of Freedom in "Among the Hidden" and what it means to the different characters. Where does freedom pertain to the novel? How do Jen and Luke feel about freedom? Does Luke think of Jen as already being relatively free? How important is it to have freedom in life? Does Jen's family have more freedom than Luke's family because they are Barons?
This section contains 1,605 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)