Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jen's father put him hand over Luke's mouth after the Population Police leave?
2. Why was Jen's father able to take Jen's body?
3. Jen's father explains that he only works at the Population Police headquarters; he does not agree with what they do. What does he try to do while he's at work?
4. What kind of Government does Jen's father say they have?
5. Jen sends Luke home with a bunch of books. What is the name of the book Luke struggles to read?
Essay Topic 1
Explore the theme of seclusion in the novel and how it pertains to Luke's state of mind. What is seclusion? How can it affect a person's state of mind? How does Luke's seclusion make him act? Why can't Luke eat at the kitchen table with his family? How does this add to his seclusion? How does Luke cope with his seclusion?
Essay Topic 2
Jen's character is vital to the development of the story. Her influence on Luke is what changes the course of the story. Analyze Jen's character and examine how she affects Luke. What are Jen's strengths, weaknesses, and beliefs? Why does the reader believe her character is important to the overall story? What does her character add to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Luke's family displays a startling lack of empathy for his position, while Luke is a highly empathetic child. Analyze the concept of empathy throughout the novel. What examples from the book demonstrate the lack of empathy Luke's family has for his situation? How does Luke's father and brothers treat him versus his mother? How does Luke show empathy for his mother?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)