|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke agonize over the three days after he refuses to go with Jen to the rally?
(a) Going with her or turning her in to the authorities.
(b) Going with her or stopping her.
(c) Telling her parents or telling his parents.
(d) Stopping her or turning her in to the authorities.
2. How did Jen feel about her father working at the Population Police headquarters?
(a) She liked it.
(b) She hated it.
(c) She didn't understand.
(d) She was embarrassed about it.
3. What kind of food does Jen share with Luke that shocks him because both items are illegal?
(a) Ice cream and chocolate.
(b) Beer and pretzels.
(c) Soda and potato chips.
(d) Candy and Energy drinks.
4. How does Jen's father react to how Luke answers his question about why he didn't stop Jen from going to the rally?
(a) He glares at him.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He passes out.
(d) He gives him a tiny smile.
5. What does Jen's father have pointed at Luke when he discovers him in his house?
(a) A bat.
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A can of mace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new name is Luke given?
2. What signal have Jen and Luke decided upon so Luke will know when it's okay to come and visit her again?
3. In Chapter 17, how many days does Luke wait for another opportunity to sneak over to Jen's house?
4. What does Jen plan on doing at the rally she is organizing?
5. Why has Jen's death been especially hard for her family?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Luke answer Jen's father when he asks Luke why he didn't stop Jen from going to the rally?
2. What does Luke now realize about how he can create change in the world, but in a different way than Jen?
3. What does Luke tell Jen when she comes to his room the night she leaves to the rally?
4. How was Jen killed?
5. Why does Luke's father get a letter from the Government for in Chapter 21?
6. How does Jen plan on getting the rally she has planned?
7. What signal have Luke and Jen arranged so that Luke will know when it's okay to come and visit her again?
8. What does Jen do with the mirrors in her house to help her see out the windows?
9. Why does Jen purposely cut her hand in Chapter 16?
10. What does Jen tell Luke about when she was younger and going to play groups with other third children?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)