|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Luke finally signals Jen on the third day after he meets her; what happens?
(a) She never signals him back.
(b) She sends him a note saying today is not a good day.
(c) She calls him on the telephone to tell him today is not a good day.
(d) Surprisingly, she runs over to his house.
2. What is Jen shocked to hear that Luke and his family eat, that even her family can't eat?
3. What brave thing does Jen do for Luke at the end of Chapter 16 that amazes Luke?
(a) Luke cuts his hand at her house and blood and drips on the carpet, so Jen cuts her hand to show her parents.
(b) She tells her family about Luke.
(c) Luke cuts his leg at her house and blood and drops on the carpet, so Jen cuts her leg to show her parents.
(d) She promises not to tell anyone about Luke.
4. How old was Jen when she began using her family's computer?
5. Why won't Luke agree to come to the rally with Jen?
(a) He is too angry.
(b) He does not believe it's right.
(c) He is too frightened.
(d) He's embarrassed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Luke answer Jen's question about his brothers in Chapter 21?
2. Luke asks Jen's father why he wants to help him; how does he respond?
3. What are the names of Jen's chat room friends that Luke is introduced to in Chapter 18?
4. How is Jen able to check outside for Luke's signal without being seen every day?
5. What signal have Jen and Luke decided upon so Luke will know when it's okay to come and visit her again?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jen's dad inform Luke that he is now in danger of the Population Police?
2. How does Jen differ from Luke and most of the kids in the online chat room?
3. How does Luke answer Jen's father when he asks Luke why he didn't stop Jen from going to the rally?
4. How was Jen killed?
5. How does Jen perform a background check on Luke?
6. What is different about Jen's parents getting pregnant with her versus Luke's parents having him?
7. What does Jen's father tell the Population Police to get them to leave his house?
8. What does Jen do with the mirrors in her house to help her see out the windows?
9. Why does Jen purposely cut her hand in Chapter 16?
10. What signal have Luke and Jen arranged so that Luke will know when it's okay to come and visit her again?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)