|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jen ask Luke about his brothers in Chapter 21?
(a) If they ever lock him in his room.
(b) If they ever play with him.
(c) If they'd ever betray him.
(d) If they'd ever physically hurt him.
2. Why has Jen's death been especially hard for her family?
(a) They couldn't have a funeral for her.
(b) They've had to go about their business without the luxury of mourning Jen.
(c) They were each whipped ten times for keeping her a secret.
(d) They've had to burn everything that was Jen's.
3. What signal have Jen and Luke decided upon so Luke will know when it's okay to come and visit her again?
(a) If Luke can come over he will tie a ribbon on his back doorknob.
(b) If Luke can come over he will turn on his back porch light.
(c) If Luke can come over he will pull up his kitchen shade an inch.
(d) If Luke can come over he will flash a light to Jen.
4. What does Luke get up at dawn to clean in Chapter 25?
(a) Muddy footprints.
(b) The family room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) His room.
5. What is Jen shocked to hear that Luke and his family eat, that even her family can't eat?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, how many days does Luke wait for another opportunity to sneak over to Jen's house?
2. How does Jen plan on getting to the rally that she has planned?
3. What does Luke agonize over the three days after he refuses to go with Jen to the rally?
4. Why is the Government forbidding Luke's dad from doing a particular thing in Chapter 21?
5. What do Jen and Luke do while he's at her house in Chapter 21?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)