|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Luke finally signals Jen on the third day after he meets her; what happens?
(a) She calls him on the telephone to tell him today is not a good day.
(b) She sends him a note saying today is not a good day.
(c) Surprisingly, she runs over to his house.
(d) She never signals him back.
2. Why does Luke go stir crazy in his house the first few weeks of April?
(a) It's snowing.
(b) His brothers have school off for Spring Break.
(c) His father is home every day.
(d) It's rainy.
3. What brave thing does Jen do for Luke at the end of Chapter 16 that amazes Luke?
(a) Luke cuts his leg at her house and blood and drops on the carpet, so Jen cuts her leg to show her parents.
(b) She tells her family about Luke.
(c) Luke cuts his hand at her house and blood and drips on the carpet, so Jen cuts her hand to show her parents.
(d) She promises not to tell anyone about Luke.
4. What does Jen's father tell the Population Police he was doing on his computer?
(a) Trying to find out who had used his computer illegally.
(b) He tells them it's none of their business.
(c) That he is working a sting operation in the chat room, hoping to find other shadow children.
(d) Using a search engine and he accidentally came upon this chat room.
5. What did Jen do to make sure no policemen stop her on her way to the rally?
(a) She is going to dress up like one of her brothers.
(b) She has devised a special route where no policemen patrol.
(c) She bribed several police officers.
(d) She hacked into the police database and arranged to give several policemen vacation days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so shocking about Jen's parents having a third child?
2. After the kids at the rally were killed, where did their blood run into?
3. What does Jen plan on doing at the rally she is organizing?
4. What time of day does Jen promise to check outside everyday for Luke's signal?
5. Why does Luke's mother think he's sick in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jen offer to Luke in Chapter 17 that is illegal?
2. How does Jen differ from Luke and most of the kids in the online chat room?
3. What does Luke now realize about how he can create change in the world, but in a different way than Jen?
4. Why does Jen purposely cut her hand in Chapter 16?
5. How does Jen plan on getting the rally she has planned?
6. What Government propaganda has Luke's family completely believed in that shocks Jen?
7. How does Jen's mother take her shopping?
8. What does Jen's father say in response to Luke being shocked that he works for the Population Police?
9. How does Luke answer Jen's father when he asks Luke why he didn't stop Jen from going to the rally?
10. Why does Luke's father get a letter from the Government for in Chapter 21?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)