|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jen and Luke do while he's at her house in Chapter 21?
(a) Play video games.
(b) Watch TV.
(c) Play board games and bake cookies.
(d) Read books and eat chips.
2. When Jen was younger, where did her mom take her to meet other third children?
(a) A party.
(b) Secret meetings.
(c) A carnival.
(d) A play group.
3. On what day does Jen finally answer Luke's signal?
(a) Tenth day.
(b) Sixth day.
(c) Fourth day.
(d) Fifth day.
4. Why does Jen's father believe that the government intentionally keeps people hovering around the poverty level?
(a) People will work harder when their existence is on the line.
(b) People will work harder if they are hungry.
(c) People will work harder if they are scared.
(d) People will work harder if they are desperate.
5. What is so shocking about Jen's parents having a third child?
(a) Her parents didn't want to have her but felt too guilty to terminate the pregnancy.
(b) Jen's parents wanted another boy but realized having a girl would be fun too.
(c) They broke the law on purpose to have her, and Jen's dad is a Government employee.
(d) She was actually a fourth child, but her older sister died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke have to do after he breaks into Jen's house in Chapter 26?
2. What time does Jen want Luke to leave with her to the rally?
3. What does Luke get up at dawn to clean in Chapter 25?
4. What brave thing does Jen do for Luke at the end of Chapter 16 that amazes Luke?
5. What time of day does Jen promise to check outside everyday for Luke's signal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Luke's father get a letter from the Government for in Chapter 21?
2. What are the practical differences between Luke and Jen's families?
3. Why does Luke log onto Jen's family's computer after he breaks into their house?
4. How does Luke's new identity empower him?
5. Why does Jen purposely cut her hand in Chapter 16?
6. How does Jen plan on getting the rally she has planned?
7. Why does Jen's father believe the Government keeps people hovering around the poverty level?
8. Why does Luke feel guilty for eating food that could sustain a pet?
9. What does Luke do to break into Jen's house in Chapter 26?
10. How does Luke lull himself into a false sense of security in Chapter 21?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)