|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Luke break into Jen's house in Chapter 26?
(a) He squeezes through an open window.
(b) He picks the lock on the back door.
(c) He rips the screen and breaks a pane in one of the windows.
(d) He kicks in the basement door.
2. What do Jen and Luke do while he's at her house in Chapter 21?
(a) Play board games and bake cookies.
(b) Play video games.
(c) Watch TV.
(d) Read books and eat chips.
3. In Chapter 18, what is Jen's chat room friend complaining about online?
(a) His parents refuse to waste money running the air-conditioning during the day, even though it's 105 outside.
(b) His parents refuse to buy him any new books to read.
(c) His parents refuse to buy him any extra food to eat.
(d) His parents refuse to allow him downstairs into the family room.
4. Why does Luke go stir crazy in his house the first few weeks of April?
(a) It's snowing.
(b) It's rainy.
(c) His brothers have school off for Spring Break.
(d) His father is home every day.
5. How does Jen plan on getting to the rally that she has planned?
(a) She's going to ride her bike.
(b) She's going to hitchhike.
(c) She's going to drive one of her parent's cars.
(d) She's going to take the bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Luke visit Jen in February?
2. Why does Jen believe there are not enough babies being born anymore?
3. Jen's father informs Luke that he is now in danger too. Why is Luke in danger?
4. Where will Luke now be living with his new name and identity?
5. Why does Luke log on to Jen's computer after he breaks into her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jen's father believe the Government keeps people hovering around the poverty level?
2. Why does the government not want Luke's dad growing hydroponic vegetables?
3. What Government propaganda has Luke's family completely believed in that shocks Jen?
4. How does Jen plan on getting the rally she has planned?
5. How does Luke's new identity empower him?
6. How was Jen killed?
7. What does Jen's father say in response to Luke being shocked that he works for the Population Police?
8. What does Jen do with the mirrors in her house to help her see out the windows?
9. Why does Jen's dad inform Luke that he is now in danger of the Population Police?
10. What signal have Luke and Jen arranged so that Luke will know when it's okay to come and visit her again?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)