|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many other kids were also killed at the rally?
2. What amazes Jen about Luke's family in Chapter 16?
(a) That they believe in the Government's propaganda.
(b) That they make Luke eat on the attic stairs.
(c) That they are so terrified of the Population Police.
(d) That they won't let Luke outside.
3. Why can't Luke signal Jen on the first day after he meets her?
(a) It's a national holiday.
(b) His brothers have the day off from school.
(c) His mom stays home from work sick.
(d) A Government inspector shows up to examine the Garner crops.
4. How many times has Jen's mom been married?
5. What does Luke agonize over the three days after he refuses to go with Jen to the rally?
(a) Going with her or stopping her.
(b) Stopping her or turning her in to the authorities.
(c) Going with her or turning her in to the authorities.
(d) Telling her parents or telling his parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Luke answer Jen's question about his brothers in Chapter 21?
2. Jen's father admits he works for the Population Police. How does Luke react?
3. How did Jen perform a background check on Luke?
4. How many times does Luke visit Jen in February?
5. What does Luke learn about from the books that Jen has given him that he mentions to his dad?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the government not want Luke's dad growing hydroponic vegetables?
2. How does Luke's new identity empower him?
3. What Government propaganda has Luke's family completely believed in that shocks Jen?
4. How does Jen's mother take her shopping?
5. What are the practical differences between Luke and Jen's families?
6. How does Luke answer Jen's father when he asks Luke why he didn't stop Jen from going to the rally?
7. What is different about Jen's parents getting pregnant with her versus Luke's parents having him?
8. What does Jen do with the mirrors in her house to help her see out the windows?
9. What does Jen do to assure that no Population Police stop her on the way to the rally?
10. Why does Luke log onto Jen's family's computer after he breaks into their house?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)