|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jen plan on doing at the rally she is organizing?
(a) She and hundreds of shadow children are going to hold a sit-in at the townsquare.
(b) She and hundreds of shadow children are going to torch the President's house.
(c) She and hundreds of shadow children are going to march on the Presiden't house.
(d) She and hundreds of shadow children are going to throw stones at the town square.
2. How does Jen plan on getting to the rally that she has planned?
(a) She's going to hitchhike.
(b) She's going to ride her bike.
(c) She's going to take the bus.
(d) She's going to drive one of her parent's cars.
3. Why does Luke's mother think he's sick in Chapter 23?
(a) He's coughing.
(b) His nose is running and his eyes are red.
(c) Because he's pale.
(d) He's very hot.
4. What does Jen say to Luke after he tells her he will see her after the rally?
(a) She tells him he can bet on it!
(b) She tells him they can hope.
(c) She tells him she can't wait.
(d) She tells him it's not likely.
5. What does Luke's mom think of his suggestion to her in Chapter 25?
(a) She doesn't see why they'd want a visit from her since they are rich.
(b) She really thinks it would be nice to work somewhere else.
(c) She can't take a day off because she needs the money.
(d) She thinks it's a great idea and asks him what kind of cake he'd like her to make.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jen's father explains that he only works at the Population Police headquarters; he does not agree with what they do. What does he try to do while he's at work?
2. What does the Government spend a great deal of money trying to convince people?
3. Why does Jen's father put him hand over Luke's mouth after the Population Police leave?
4. What is Jen shocked to hear that Luke and his family eat, that even her family can't eat?
5. What does Jen's father tell the Population Police he was doing on his computer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What Government propaganda has Luke's family completely believed in that shocks Jen?
2. What does Luke say when Jen asks him if he thinks his brothers would ever betray him?
3. How does Luke lull himself into a false sense of security in Chapter 21?
4. Why does Jen's father believe the Government keeps people hovering around the poverty level?
5. What does Luke do to break into Jen's house in Chapter 26?
6. What is different about Jen's parents getting pregnant with her versus Luke's parents having him?
7. Why does Jen purposely cut her hand in Chapter 16?
8. What does Luke now realize about how he can create change in the world, but in a different way than Jen?
9. Why does the government not want Luke's dad growing hydroponic vegetables?
10. Why does Luke's father get a letter from the Government for in Chapter 21?
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)