|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jen's father have pointed at Luke when he discovers him in his house?
(a) A gun.
(b) A bat.
(c) A knife.
(d) A can of mace.
2. What does Luke have to do after he breaks into Jen's house in Chapter 26?
(a) Turn off all the lights.
(b) Disable the alarm using the code Jen taught him.
(c) Search it to make sure it's empty.
(d) Break the alarm.
3. What does the Government spend a great deal of money trying to convince people?
(a) That they can monitor television and computer screens.
(b) That having a third child means you're a bad citizen.
(c) That they have people patrolling to see houses with window shades down all the time.
(d) That their whole family will be killed if a third child is found.
4. What kind of food does Jen share with Luke that shocks him because both items are illegal?
(a) Beer and pretzels.
(b) Ice cream and chocolate.
(c) Candy and Energy drinks.
(d) Soda and potato chips.
5. Whose voice does Luke hear in his room the night Jen and the other kids leave for the rally?
(a) His dad's.
(d) His mom's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Jen want Luke to leave with her to the rally?
2. Jen sends Luke home with a bunch of books. What is the name of the book Luke struggles to read?
3. Why can't Luke signal Jen on the first day after he meets her?
4. Why is Jen confident the Government will not find out about her online chat room?
5. What type of people does Luke tell Jen change the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jen tell Luke about when she was younger and going to play groups with other third children?
2. How does Jen perform a background check on Luke?
3. What does Jen do with the mirrors in her house to help her see out the windows?
4. What does Jen offer to Luke in Chapter 17 that is illegal?
5. What Government propaganda has Luke's family completely believed in that shocks Jen?
6. What is different about Jen's parents getting pregnant with her versus Luke's parents having him?
7. How does Jen plan on getting the rally she has planned?
8. How was Jen killed?
9. What does Jen do to assure that no Population Police stop her on the way to the rally?
10. What signal have Luke and Jen arranged so that Luke will know when it's okay to come and visit her again?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)