|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of food does Jen share with Luke that shocks him because both items are illegal?
(a) Ice cream and chocolate.
(b) Candy and Energy drinks.
(c) Soda and potato chips.
(d) Beer and pretzels.
2. What brave thing does Jen do for Luke at the end of Chapter 16 that amazes Luke?
(a) Luke cuts his hand at her house and blood and drips on the carpet, so Jen cuts her hand to show her parents.
(b) She promises not to tell anyone about Luke.
(c) She tells her family about Luke.
(d) Luke cuts his leg at her house and blood and drops on the carpet, so Jen cuts her leg to show her parents.
3. What are the names of Jen's chat room friends that Luke is introduced to in Chapter 18?
(a) Yolanda, Shannon, and Carmen.
(b) Carlos, Yolanda, and Sean.
(c) Mary, Carlos, and Sean.
(d) Sean, Patrick, and Yolanda.
4. What does Jen's father tell the Population Police he was doing on his computer?
(a) Using a search engine and he accidentally came upon this chat room.
(b) Trying to find out who had used his computer illegally.
(c) He tells them it's none of their business.
(d) That he is working a sting operation in the chat room, hoping to find other shadow children.
5. What word does Jen use as a password for her online chat room?
Short Answer Questions
1. Luke finally signals Jen on the third day after he meets her; what happens?
2. What has Jen been using her visits with Luke for?
3. What time of day does Jen promise to check outside everyday for Luke's signal?
4. What does Luke have to do after he breaks into Jen's house in Chapter 26?
5. What do Jen and Luke do while he's at her house in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Luke tell Jen when she comes to his room the night she leaves to the rally?
2. What are the practical differences between Luke and Jen's families?
3. Why does the government not want Luke's dad growing hydroponic vegetables?
4. What does Luke do to break into Jen's house in Chapter 26?
5. Why does Luke's father get a letter from the Government for in Chapter 21?
6. Why does Jen's dad inform Luke that he is now in danger of the Population Police?
7. What Government propaganda has Luke's family completely believed in that shocks Jen?
8. How does Jen's mother take her shopping?
9. What does Jen do with the mirrors in her house to help her see out the windows?
10. Why does Jen's father believe the Government keeps people hovering around the poverty level?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)