|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What amazes Jen about Luke's family in Chapter 16?
(a) That they believe in the Government's propaganda.
(b) That they are so terrified of the Population Police.
(c) That they won't let Luke outside.
(d) That they make Luke eat on the attic stairs.
2. What does Luke get up at dawn to clean in Chapter 25?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The family room.
(c) Muddy footprints.
(d) His room.
3. Why does Luke go stir crazy in his house the first few weeks of April?
(a) His brothers have school off for Spring Break.
(b) His father is home every day.
(c) It's rainy.
(d) It's snowing.
4. After the kids at the rally were killed, where did their blood run into?
(a) The President's rosebushes.
(b) The President's vegetable garden.
(c) The President's lawn.
(d) The Presiden't driveway.
5. How did Jen perform a background check on Luke?
(a) She took a sample of Luke's blood using her brothers kit and scanned the results into her computer.
(b) She took a strand of Luke's hair and used her brothers kit to analyze it and then scanned the results into her computer.
(c) She took a picture of Luke and scanned it onto her computer.
(d) She used her brother's fingerprinting kit to lift Luke's prints off her door and she scanned them into her computer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jen and Luke do while he's at her house in Chapter 21?
2. How does Jen's father react to how Luke answers his question about why he didn't stop Jen from going to the rally?
3. What does Luke sneak into the kitchen for the day of the rally?
4. Jen's father admits he works for the Population Police. How does Luke react?
5. Whose voice does Luke hear in his room the night Jen and the other kids leave for the rally?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jen plan on getting the rally she has planned?
2. How does Jen differ from Luke and most of the kids in the online chat room?
3. Why does Jen purposely cut her hand in Chapter 16?
4. What is different about Jen's parents getting pregnant with her versus Luke's parents having him?
5. What does Luke say when Jen asks him if he thinks his brothers would ever betray him?
6. What Government propaganda has Luke's family completely believed in that shocks Jen?
7. What does Jen offer to Luke in Chapter 17 that is illegal?
8. What does Jen's father say in response to Luke being shocked that he works for the Population Police?
9. How does Luke answer Jen's father when he asks Luke why he didn't stop Jen from going to the rally?
10. What does Jen tell Luke about when she was younger and going to play groups with other third children?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)