|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times has Jen's mom been married?
2. Jen's father informs Luke that he is now in danger too. Why is Luke in danger?
(a) Jen's house is being watched by the Population Police.
(b) The Government really can see through computer screens, and they saw Luke.
(c) Jen's father had called the police before he realized who Luke was.
(d) The chat room he just logged into has been monitored by Government officials since the rally.
3. What kind of food does Jen share with Luke that shocks him because both items are illegal?
(a) Candy and Energy drinks.
(b) Soda and potato chips.
(c) Beer and pretzels.
(d) Ice cream and chocolate.
4. How did Jen perform a background check on Luke?
(a) She took a strand of Luke's hair and used her brothers kit to analyze it and then scanned the results into her computer.
(b) She took a sample of Luke's blood using her brothers kit and scanned the results into her computer.
(c) She used her brother's fingerprinting kit to lift Luke's prints off her door and she scanned them into her computer.
(d) She took a picture of Luke and scanned it onto her computer.
5. Why does Luke's mother think he's sick in Chapter 23?
(a) Because he's pale.
(b) His nose is running and his eyes are red.
(c) He's very hot.
(d) He's coughing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Luke now be living with his new name and identity?
2. How did Jen feel about her father working at the Population Police headquarters?
3. Why has Jen's death been especially hard for her family?
4. Why does Luke log on to Jen's computer after he breaks into her house?
5. Why did the Government make it illegal to have pets?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jen differ from Luke and most of the kids in the online chat room?
2. Why does Luke's father get a letter from the Government for in Chapter 21?
3. What does Jen do with the mirrors in her house to help her see out the windows?
4. What are the practical differences between Luke and Jen's families?
5. What does Luke do to break into Jen's house in Chapter 26?
6. What does Jen's father say in response to Luke being shocked that he works for the Population Police?
7. What does Luke say when Jen asks him if he thinks his brothers would ever betray him?
8. What signal have Luke and Jen arranged so that Luke will know when it's okay to come and visit her again?
9. What does Jen tell Luke about when she was younger and going to play groups with other third children?
10. Why does Jen purposely cut her hand in Chapter 16?
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)