|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Jen been using her visits with Luke for?
(a) A break in her tedious life.
(b) An excuse to get to know a boy.
(c) Research for how other third children live.
(d) Breaks from planning her rally.
2. Why does Luke's mother think he's sick in Chapter 23?
(a) Because he's pale.
(b) He's very hot.
(c) He's coughing.
(d) His nose is running and his eyes are red.
3. What kind of Government does Jen's father say they have?
(a) A tyranny.
(b) A monarchism government.
(c) An authoritarianism government.
(d) A totalitarian government.
4. How did Jen's father know that Luke was in his house?
(a) He heard him breaking in.
(b) He just had carmeras installed.
(c) He got a phone call from another neighbor.
(d) He gets notified whenever the alarm goes off, even if the alarm is cancelled.
5. What does Jen's father tell the Population Police he was doing on his computer?
(a) He tells them it's none of their business.
(b) Trying to find out who had used his computer illegally.
(c) Using a search engine and he accidentally came upon this chat room.
(d) That he is working a sting operation in the chat room, hoping to find other shadow children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Jen when she began using her family's computer?
2. Luke learns that Jen was killed at the rally, how does he react?
3. What does Jen plan on doing at the rally she is organizing?
4. Why does Luke's family have a hard time deciphering the meaning of the letter from the Government?
5. What are the names of Jen's chat room friends that Luke is introduced to in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jen's mother take her shopping?
2. How was Jen killed?
3. How does Jen perform a background check on Luke?
4. How does Luke answer Jen's father when he asks Luke why he didn't stop Jen from going to the rally?
5. What does Jen do to assure that no Population Police stop her on the way to the rally?
6. What does Luke do to break into Jen's house in Chapter 26?
7. What are the practical differences between Luke and Jen's families?
8. Why does Luke feel guilty for eating food that could sustain a pet?
9. Why does Jen purposely cut her hand in Chapter 16?
10. What signal have Luke and Jen arranged so that Luke will know when it's okay to come and visit her again?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)