|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Jen when she began using her family's computer?
2. Why does Jen's father believe that the government intentionally keeps people hovering around the poverty level?
(a) People will work harder if they are scared.
(b) People will work harder when their existence is on the line.
(c) People will work harder if they are hungry.
(d) People will work harder if they are desperate.
3. Jen sends Luke home with a bunch of books. What is the name of the book Luke struggles to read?
(a) The Food Crisis.
(b) The Food Disasters.
(c) The Population Disasters.
(d) The Population Crisis.
4. What does Luke sneak into the kitchen for the day of the rally?
(a) To bake some bread.
(b) To make a sandwich.
(c) To look out the window.
(d) To listen to the radio.
5. Why did the Government make it illegal to have pets?
(a) The food shortage.
(b) They believe animals are only for eating.
(c) An epidemic of lice.
(d) Because of the diseases they may carry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jen do every time she sees Luke?
2. What is Jen shocked to hear that Luke and his family eat, that even her family can't eat?
3. Luke finally signals Jen on the third day after he meets her; what happens?
4. What does Jen say to Luke after he tells her he will see her after the rally?
5. How many times does Luke visit Jen in March?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jen's dad inform Luke that he is now in danger of the Population Police?
2. How does Jen's mother take her shopping?
3. What does Luke tell Jen when she comes to his room the night she leaves to the rally?
4. What is different about Jen's parents getting pregnant with her versus Luke's parents having him?
5. Why does Jen's father believe the Government keeps people hovering around the poverty level?
6. Why does the government not want Luke's dad growing hydroponic vegetables?
7. Why does Luke log onto Jen's family's computer after he breaks into their house?
8. Why does Luke's father get a letter from the Government for in Chapter 21?
9. How does Luke answer Jen's father when he asks Luke why he didn't stop Jen from going to the rally?
10. Why does Luke feel guilty for eating food that could sustain a pet?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)