|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jen shocked to hear that Luke and his family eat, that even her family can't eat?
2. What does Jen's father offer to do for Luke in Chapter 27?
(a) Give Luke's family some money.
(b) Let Luke see Jen's body.
(c) Take him into their family.
(d) Get him a fake I.D.
3. After Jen's father demands to know why Luke didn't stop Jen from going to the rally, how does Luke respond?
(a) He says, "That would be impossible."
(b) He says, "That's like trying to stop the sun."
(c) He says, "I would never stop Jen from doing anything."
(d) He says, "How do you stop a bird from flying?"
4. How does Luke answer Jen's question about his brothers in Chapter 21?
(a) His brothers have never physically hurt him.
(b) His brothers have never locked him in his room.
(c) His brothers do play with him occasionally.
(d) He is sure his brothers would never betray him.
5. How many times does Luke visit Jen in February?
(a) Five times.
(b) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Luke's mother think he's sick in Chapter 23?
2. What kind of Government does Jen's father say they have?
3. What does Luke learn about from the books that Jen has given him that he mentions to his dad?
4. Whose voice does Luke hear in his room the night Jen and the other kids leave for the rally?
5. What are the names of Jen's chat room friends that Luke is introduced to in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jen's father say in response to Luke being shocked that he works for the Population Police?
2. How does Jen's mother take her shopping?
3. How does Luke's new identity empower him?
4. What does Jen offer to Luke in Chapter 17 that is illegal?
5. Why does Jen tell Luke not to feel guilty about being a third child?
6. How does Luke lull himself into a false sense of security in Chapter 21?
7. What does Luke do to break into Jen's house in Chapter 26?
8. What does Jen do with the mirrors in her house to help her see out the windows?
9. How does Luke answer Jen's father when he asks Luke why he didn't stop Jen from going to the rally?
10. Why does the government not want Luke's dad growing hydroponic vegetables?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)