|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, what is Jen's chat room friend complaining about online?
(a) His parents refuse to allow him downstairs into the family room.
(b) His parents refuse to buy him any new books to read.
(c) His parents refuse to waste money running the air-conditioning during the day, even though it's 105 outside.
(d) His parents refuse to buy him any extra food to eat.
2. What has Jen been using her visits with Luke for?
(a) An excuse to get to know a boy.
(b) A break in her tedious life.
(c) Breaks from planning her rally.
(d) Research for how other third children live.
3. Why can't Luke signal Jen on the second day after he meets her?
(a) His mom took the day off so she could catch up on some housework.
(b) It rains so his Dad spends the day indoors working on paperwork and books for the farm.
(c) His brother is home sick from school.
(d) Luke has the stomach flu.
4. In Chapter 21, Luke's Dad gets a letter from the Government. What do they forbid him from doing?
(a) Selling his chickens.
(b) Leaving his house.
(c) Growing anything indoors hydroponically.
(d) Cutting down any of his trees.
5. Why won't Luke agree to come to the rally with Jen?
(a) He does not believe it's right.
(b) He is too angry.
(c) He is too frightened.
(d) He's embarrassed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Jen want Luke to leave with her to the rally?
2. Why does Luke watch Jen's house obsessively for the days after the rally?
3. What does Jen do every time she sees Luke?
4. Why is Jen upset with the other children in the online chat room in Chapter 20?
5. Why does Luke's mother think he's sick in Chapter 23?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)