|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jen ask Luke about his brothers in Chapter 21?
(a) If they ever lock him in his room.
(b) If they ever play with him.
(c) If they'd ever betray him.
(d) If they'd ever physically hurt him.
2. What does Luke's mom think of his suggestion to her in Chapter 25?
(a) She thinks it's a great idea and asks him what kind of cake he'd like her to make.
(b) She doesn't see why they'd want a visit from her since they are rich.
(c) She really thinks it would be nice to work somewhere else.
(d) She can't take a day off because she needs the money.
3. Why has Jen's death been especially hard for her family?
(a) They've had to burn everything that was Jen's.
(b) They've had to go about their business without the luxury of mourning Jen.
(c) They couldn't have a funeral for her.
(d) They were each whipped ten times for keeping her a secret.
4. What type of people does Luke tell Jen change the world?
(a) Brave people.
(b) Rich people.
(c) Smart people.
(d) Poor people.
5. What attribute does Luke realize he has that will make him more able than Jen to help other shadow children?
(a) He's quiet.
(b) He's kind.
(c) He's trustworthy.
(d) He's patient.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new name is Luke given?
2. Why is Jen confident the Government will not find out about her online chat room?
3. Whose voice does Luke hear in his room the night Jen and the other kids leave for the rally?
4. What kind of food does Jen share with Luke that shocks him because both items are illegal?
5. What does Jen's father offer to do for Luke in Chapter 27?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Luke say when Jen asks him if he thinks his brothers would ever betray him?
2. Why does the government not want Luke's dad growing hydroponic vegetables?
3. How does Jen plan on getting the rally she has planned?
4. Why does Luke log onto Jen's family's computer after he breaks into their house?
5. What Government propaganda has Luke's family completely believed in that shocks Jen?
6. What does Jen's father say in response to Luke being shocked that he works for the Population Police?
7. How was Jen killed?
8. What does Luke do to break into Jen's house in Chapter 26?
9. How does Luke lull himself into a false sense of security in Chapter 21?
10. Why does Jen purposely cut her hand in Chapter 16?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)