|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jen ask Luke about his brothers in Chapter 21?
(a) If they'd ever betray him.
(b) If they'd ever physically hurt him.
(c) If they ever lock him in his room.
(d) If they ever play with him.
2. What attribute does Luke realize he has that will make him more able than Jen to help other shadow children?
(a) He's patient.
(b) He's trustworthy.
(c) He's kind.
(d) He's quiet.
3. What does Jen's father offer to do for Luke in Chapter 27?
(a) Get him a fake I.D.
(b) Give Luke's family some money.
(c) Take him into their family.
(d) Let Luke see Jen's body.
4. What word does Jen use as a password for her online chat room?
5. How old was Jen when she began using her family's computer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Government spend a great deal of money trying to convince people?
2. Why does Luke's mother think he's sick in Chapter 23?
3. Luke learns that Jen was killed at the rally, how does he react?
4. What does Luke have to do after he breaks into Jen's house in Chapter 26?
5. When Jen was younger, where did her mom take her to meet other third children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jen do with the mirrors in her house to help her see out the windows?
2. What does Jen offer to Luke in Chapter 17 that is illegal?
3. What signal have Luke and Jen arranged so that Luke will know when it's okay to come and visit her again?
4. What does Luke do to break into Jen's house in Chapter 26?
5. What Government propaganda has Luke's family completely believed in that shocks Jen?
6. What does Luke say when Jen asks him if he thinks his brothers would ever betray him?
7. Why does Luke log onto Jen's family's computer after he breaks into their house?
8. How does Jen differ from Luke and most of the kids in the online chat room?
9. What does Jen do to assure that no Population Police stop her on the way to the rally?
10. How does Luke lull himself into a false sense of security in Chapter 21?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)