|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of people does Luke tell Jen change the world?
(a) Brave people.
(b) Smart people.
(c) Poor people.
(d) Rich people.
2. Jen's father explains that he only works at the Population Police headquarters; he does not agree with what they do. What does he try to do while he's at work?
(a) Sabotage them as much as he can.
(b) Save third children.
(c) Spy for the resistance against the Population Police.
(d) Try to ignore what's going on.
3. Why did the Government make it illegal to have pets?
(a) They believe animals are only for eating.
(b) An epidemic of lice.
(c) Because of the diseases they may carry.
(d) The food shortage.
4. How many kids does Jen really think will show up at her rally?
(a) Half of them.
(b) All of them.
(c) A few of them.
5. What new name is Luke given?
(a) Lewis Gold.
(b) Lenny Garrett.
(c) Larry Gamble.
(d) Lee Grant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jen believe there are not enough babies being born anymore?
2. What does Jen ask Luke about his brothers in Chapter 21?
3. What does Luke suggest that his mother do in Chapter 25?
4. How does Luke break into Jen's house in Chapter 26?
5. What does Jen plan on doing at the rally she is organizing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Luke lull himself into a false sense of security in Chapter 21?
2. How does Jen differ from Luke and most of the kids in the online chat room?
3. What does Jen offer to Luke in Chapter 17 that is illegal?
4. Why does Jen's father believe the Government keeps people hovering around the poverty level?
5. Why does Luke feel guilty for eating food that could sustain a pet?
6. How does Jen plan on getting the rally she has planned?
7. What does Luke do to break into Jen's house in Chapter 26?
8. What does Luke say when Jen asks him if he thinks his brothers would ever betray him?
9. Why does Jen purposely cut her hand in Chapter 16?
10. How does Luke's new identity empower him?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)