|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jen perform a background check on Luke?
(a) She took a sample of Luke's blood using her brothers kit and scanned the results into her computer.
(b) She took a picture of Luke and scanned it onto her computer.
(c) She took a strand of Luke's hair and used her brothers kit to analyze it and then scanned the results into her computer.
(d) She used her brother's fingerprinting kit to lift Luke's prints off her door and she scanned them into her computer.
2. Why won't Luke agree to come to the rally with Jen?
(a) He is too angry.
(b) He does not believe it's right.
(c) He is too frightened.
(d) He's embarrassed.
3. What does Luke do at supper the night after he meets Jen?
(a) He decides to eat in his room.
(b) He tells his family all about Jen.
(c) Tunes out his family's conversation while he eats.
(d) He hums quietly to himself.
4. What does Jen plan on doing at the rally she is organizing?
(a) She and hundreds of shadow children are going to torch the President's house.
(b) She and hundreds of shadow children are going to hold a sit-in at the townsquare.
(c) She and hundreds of shadow children are going to throw stones at the town square.
(d) She and hundreds of shadow children are going to march on the Presiden't house.
5. Luke learns that Jen was killed at the rally, how does he react?
(a) He's shocked.
(b) He starts screaming.
(c) He passes out.
(d) He begins to cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jen's father admits he works for the Population Police. How does Luke react?
2. What has Jen been using her visits with Luke for?
3. How many times does Luke visit Jen in February?
4. How was Jen's mom able to take her shopping with her?
5. Why does Jen believe there are not enough babies being born anymore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jen do to assure that no Population Police stop her on the way to the rally?
2. What Government propaganda has Luke's family completely believed in that shocks Jen?
3. Why does Jen's dad inform Luke that he is now in danger of the Population Police?
4. How does Jen plan on getting the rally she has planned?
5. What does Jen do with the mirrors in her house to help her see out the windows?
6. Why does Luke feel guilty for eating food that could sustain a pet?
7. What does Jen tell Luke about when she was younger and going to play groups with other third children?
8. What does Jen's father say in response to Luke being shocked that he works for the Population Police?
9. What are the practical differences between Luke and Jen's families?
10. Why does Jen purposely cut her hand in Chapter 16?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)