|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What amazes Jen about Luke's family in Chapter 16?
(a) That they won't let Luke outside.
(b) That they are so terrified of the Population Police.
(c) That they make Luke eat on the attic stairs.
(d) That they believe in the Government's propaganda.
2. What attribute does Luke realize he has that will make him more able than Jen to help other shadow children?
(a) He's quiet.
(b) He's kind.
(c) He's trustworthy.
(d) He's patient.
3. Why can't Luke signal Jen on the second day after he meets her?
(a) His brother is home sick from school.
(b) His mom took the day off so she could catch up on some housework.
(c) Luke has the stomach flu.
(d) It rains so his Dad spends the day indoors working on paperwork and books for the farm.
4. What new name is Luke given?
(a) Lee Grant.
(b) Larry Gamble.
(c) Lewis Gold.
(d) Lenny Garrett.
5. Why won't Luke agree to come to the rally with Jen?
(a) He is too angry.
(b) He is too frightened.
(c) He does not believe it's right.
(d) He's embarrassed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Luke's family have a hard time deciphering the meaning of the letter from the Government?
2. How does Luke break into Jen's house in Chapter 26?
3. How did Jen's father know that Luke was in his house?
4. Why was Jen's father able to take Jen's body?
5. Why is Jen upset with the other children in the online chat room in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the practical differences between Luke and Jen's families?
2. What does Jen's father say in response to Luke being shocked that he works for the Population Police?
3. Why does Jen tell Luke not to feel guilty about being a third child?
4. Why does Luke's father get a letter from the Government for in Chapter 21?
5. Why does the government not want Luke's dad growing hydroponic vegetables?
6. What does Luke say when Jen asks him if he thinks his brothers would ever betray him?
7. What does Jen do to assure that no Population Police stop her on the way to the rally?
8. What does Jen tell Luke about when she was younger and going to play groups with other third children?
9. Why does Luke log onto Jen's family's computer after he breaks into their house?
10. How was Jen killed?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)