|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jen sends Luke home with a bunch of books. What is the name of the book Luke struggles to read?
(a) The Population Crisis.
(b) The Food Crisis.
(c) The Food Disasters.
(d) The Population Disasters.
2. How many other kids were also killed at the rally?
3. In Chapter 17, how many days does Luke wait for another opportunity to sneak over to Jen's house?
(a) Five days.
(b) Six days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two days.
4. What has Jen been using her visits with Luke for?
(a) An excuse to get to know a boy.
(b) Research for how other third children live.
(c) Breaks from planning her rally.
(d) A break in her tedious life.
5. What signal have Jen and Luke decided upon so Luke will know when it's okay to come and visit her again?
(a) If Luke can come over he will turn on his back porch light.
(b) If Luke can come over he will pull up his kitchen shade an inch.
(c) If Luke can come over he will tie a ribbon on his back doorknob.
(d) If Luke can come over he will flash a light to Jen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jen's dad thrust Luke into when the Population Police pound on his front door?
2. What kind of Government does Jen's father say they have?
3. How many times has Jen's mom been married?
4. What does Luke say when Jen's father asks how Luke found out about Jen?
5. Why does Luke log on to Jen's computer after he breaks into her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jen's dad inform Luke that he is now in danger of the Population Police?
2. How does Jen differ from Luke and most of the kids in the online chat room?
3. What does Jen's father tell the Population Police to get them to leave his house?
4. Why does Jen's father believe the Government keeps people hovering around the poverty level?
5. How does Jen plan on getting the rally she has planned?
6. How does Luke's new identity empower him?
7. What are the practical differences between Luke and Jen's families?
8. What does Luke do to break into Jen's house in Chapter 26?
9. How does Jen perform a background check on Luke?
10. How does Luke answer Jen's father when he asks Luke why he didn't stop Jen from going to the rally?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)