|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jen say to Luke after he tells her he will see her after the rally?
(a) She tells him it's not likely.
(b) She tells him she can't wait.
(c) She tells him they can hope.
(d) She tells him he can bet on it!
2. What are the names of Jen's chat room friends that Luke is introduced to in Chapter 18?
(a) Yolanda, Shannon, and Carmen.
(b) Sean, Patrick, and Yolanda.
(c) Carlos, Yolanda, and Sean.
(d) Mary, Carlos, and Sean.
3. How is Jen able to check outside for Luke's signal without being seen every day?
(a) She very carefully picks out the window.
(b) She uses binoculars.
(c) She has mirrors placed by each of the doors and windows of her home.
(d) She uses a special camera.
4. After Jen's father demands to know why Luke didn't stop Jen from going to the rally, how does Luke respond?
(a) He says, "I would never stop Jen from doing anything."
(b) He says, "That would be impossible."
(c) He says, "How do you stop a bird from flying?"
(d) He says, "That's like trying to stop the sun."
5. Why does Jen's father put him hand over Luke's mouth after the Population Police leave?
(a) He wants to make sure the police are completely gone.
(b) He wants Luke to listen to him before he talks.
(c) He doesn't want him to scream.
(d) The police have planted listening devices in the house and one on Jen's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jen's father react after Luke explains how he found out about Jen?
2. What kind of food does Jen share with Luke that shocks him because both items are illegal?
3. What brave thing does Jen do for Luke at the end of Chapter 16 that amazes Luke?
4. How does Jen's father react to how Luke answers his question about why he didn't stop Jen from going to the rally?
5. Why does Luke go stir crazy in his house the first few weeks of April?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jen tell Luke not to feel guilty about being a third child?
2. How was Jen killed?
3. Why does Luke log onto Jen's family's computer after he breaks into their house?
4. What does Luke tell Jen when she comes to his room the night she leaves to the rally?
5. What does Luke do to break into Jen's house in Chapter 26?
6. How does Jen plan on getting the rally she has planned?
7. Why does Jen purposely cut her hand in Chapter 16?
8. How does Luke answer Jen's father when he asks Luke why he didn't stop Jen from going to the rally?
9. What signal have Luke and Jen arranged so that Luke will know when it's okay to come and visit her again?
10. Why does Luke's father get a letter from the Government for in Chapter 21?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)