|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The female third child introduces herself as Jennifer Rose Talbot; who does she say is usually very jumpy people?
(a) Unwanted kids.
(b) Shadow kids.
(c) Forgotten kids.
(d) Third kids.
2. What time does Luke's Mom get home from work?
(a) 6:30 PM.
(b) 7:00 PM.
(c) 5:30 PM.
(d) 6:00 PM.
3. What do Matthew and Mark do while Mom is at work and Dad is fixing the machinery?
(a) Harvest the fields.
(b) Plow the fields.
(c) They are in school.
(d) Take care of the animals and yard.
4. What makes Luke decide he must act now if he wants to sneak over to the third child's house?
(a) The trees are beginning to lose their leaves.
(b) Lots of the trees are being cut down.
(c) His parents are thinking about locking him in his room all day.
(d) Cops are beginning to scrutinize the area.
5. How big are the houses being built next to Luke's home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the girl who pinned Luke down after entering her house let him go?
2. Why doesn't Luke tell his mother about what he has found in his room allowing him to look outside?
3. What does Luke notice the house with the third child sometimes leaves open?
4. What time does Luke notice all the new houses are empty by?
5. What time does Luke's Mom have to be at the factory every day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Luke's father get angry with him in Chapter 1?
2. Why does Luke's favorite toy, his train, cause him to be sad?
3. Why does Jen's father believe the Government keeps people hovering around the poverty level?
4. How does Luke's new identity empower him?
5. What Government propaganda has Luke's family completely believed in that shocks Jen?
6. How does the author grab the reader's attention right away at the beginning of the book?
7. How does Jen plan on getting the rally she has planned?
8. Does Luke know what will happen to him if he is seen looking out a window in his house?
9. What is different about Jen's parents getting pregnant with her versus Luke's parents having him?
10. How does Luke lull himself into a false sense of security in Chapter 21?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)