|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since not being able to eat breakfast with the whole family, why doesn't Luke ask for butter for his toast anymore?
(a) His mom gives him jam now.
(b) Someone would have to pretend they forgot something in order to safely pass him the butter dish.
(c) He will get yelled at for being a nusiance.
(d) He doesn't like butter anymore.
2. What does Dad say is the reason for the tax increase on their property?
(a) They have been suspected to be harboring a third child.
(b) The government is in financial trouble.
(c) The new houses next door have raised the property value of their home.
(d) He wouldn't sell anymore of their farmland, so he is being punished.
3. Who had bet Jen that she didn't know what the weather was like outside?
4. What does the girl, whose house Luke broke into, do while she talks on the phone to her dad?
(a) She bites her nails.
(b) She drums her fingers on the table.
(c) She rolls her eyes.
(d) She yawns.
5. What does Luke call the new family that has a row of birdhouses in their backyard?
(a) The Chirpy family.
(b) The Birdy family.
(c) The Bird bath family.
(d) The Birdbrain family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the female third child tell Luke she does sometimes just for fun?
2. What does Luke yell out in a panic to the girl whose house he has just broke into?
3. What does Luke's Dad do every day at lunchtime?
4. What does Luke notice about the construction workers he spies on from his room?
5. How much more money is the tax bill from previous years?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does it shock Luke to see the young girl from the Sport's Family house using a telephone?
2. Why do the Luke's parents decide to sell their hogs?
3. How does the author grab the reader's attention right away at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Luke realize about his home as he prepares to sprint over to the Sport's Family's house?
5. Why does Luke's father get angry with him in Chapter 1?
6. Why has the property taxes on Luke's home gone up?
7. What is Luke's father's attitude about Luke?
8. What is one of the things that Luke observes in Chapter 11 that confirms to him that there is someone hiding in the Sports Family home?
9. What does Luke's mother do so that the family can pay the property tax bill?
10. Why does Luke's favorite toy, his train, cause him to be sad?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)