|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dad say is the reason for the tax increase on their property?
(a) The government is in financial trouble.
(b) He wouldn't sell anymore of their farmland, so he is being punished.
(c) The new houses next door have raised the property value of their home.
(d) They have been suspected to be harboring a third child.
2. In Chapter 5, what does the letter from the Government tell Luke's father to get rid of?
(a) Their sheep.
(b) Their cows.
(c) Their hogs.
(d) Their horses.
3. Luke begins watching the house where he saw the child's face constantly, on which day of his vigil does he see the blinds flip up and down quickly in an upstairs window?
(a) Fourth day.
(b) Third day.
(c) Fifth day.
(d) Second day.
4. What does the female third child apologize to Luke for after she sees him staring at the door as if he means to make a run for it?
(a) Kicking him.
(b) Scaring him.
(c) Making fun of him.
(d) Yelling at him.
5. Why does the girl who pinned Luke down after entering her house let him go?
(a) She thinks he's cute.
(b) She's scared of him.
(c) She realizes he's another third child.
(d) She feels bad for hurting him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has gone down so low in price that the Luke's father and mother worry about how they will get by?
2. After Matthew asks how the family can possibly pay the property taxes, what does Mother announce she has just received?
3. How does Luke feel about his parents after discovering Jen?
4. What does Luke tells his brother he put into the bread?
5. What does Luke's mother say is the reason she became pregnant with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the things that Luke observes in Chapter 11 that confirms to him that there is someone hiding in the Sports Family home?
2. What are the names that Luke makes up for his new neighbors?
3. How different is Luke's family from Jen's Family?
4. What does Luke discover in his room and what does it do for him?
5. What happens when Luke comes upon the girl in the Sport's Family's house?
6. Why does Luke's favorite toy, his train, cause him to be sad?
7. What does Luke do when he realizes the screen door to the Sport's Family's house is locked?
8. Why does Luke have to hide away from other people?
9. Why does it shock Luke to see the young girl from the Sport's Family house using a telephone?
10. Why is Luke afraid he will never be allowed outside again?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)