|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Luke been banned from using the telephone?
(a) He likes to call random people and hang up.
(b) He tries to call his dad at work too much.
(c) The Government has the technology to trace a call and can even verify the caller's identity.
(d) He always talks too long.
2. What amazes Jen about Luke in Chapter 15?
(a) That he has never met anybody outside of his parents and brothers.
(b) That he has never seen a girl before.
(c) That he is crying.
(d) That he had the guts to sneak over to her house.
3. Why does Luke always pause at the bottom of the steps when he comes down for breakfast in the mornings?
(a) To make sure his brothers have left for school.
(b) To make sure everyone is awake.
(c) To make sure no visitors are inside the kitchen.
(d) To make sure his father is away at work.
4. After Jen tells Luke in Chapter 15 that he has come to the right place and to forget that hiding-like-a-mole stuff, what does she tell him that she is?
(a) His savior.
(b) His new best friend.
(c) His ticket out.
(d) His lucky day.
5. What do Luke's parents tell him that the Government forced them to sell?
(a) Their house.
(b) Their cabin by the lake.
(c) Their car.
(d) The woods next to their house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Luke's favorite types of books to read?
2. What does Dad say is the reason for the tax increase on their property?
3. What has gone down so low in price that the Luke's father and mother worry about how they will get by?
4. What does Luke notice on his 13th day of watching the house where he saw the child's face?
5. What does Luke notice first as he makes his way outside to sneak over to the third child's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Luke do when he realizes the screen door to the Sport's Family's house is locked?
2. What does Luke's mom do when they hear tires on the gravel driveway in Chapter 1?
3. What does Luke's mother do so that the family can pay the property tax bill?
4. What is Luke's father's attitude about Luke?
5. Does Luke's mother stick up for him?
6. Why does Luke's father get angry with him in Chapter 1?
7. Who are the Barons?
8. What does Luke realize about his home as he prepares to sprint over to the Sport's Family's house?
9. Why has the property taxes on Luke's home gone up?
10. What happens when Luke comes upon the girl in the Sport's Family's house?
This section contains 1,100 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)