Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jen say her dad would react if he knew she'd been looking out the window?
(a) He would be furious.
(b) He would beat her.
(c) He would laugh.
(d) He would cry.
2. What does the girl, who's a third child like Luke, do that shocks him?
(a) She picks up the phone to call her mom.
(b) She kicks Luke.
(c) She picks up the phone to call her dad.
(d) She gives Luke a big hug.
3. The female third child introduces herself as Jennifer Rose Talbot; who does she say is usually very jumpy people?
(a) Shadow kids.
(b) Forgotten kids.
(c) Third kids.
(d) Unwanted kids.
4. How does Luke feel about his parents after discovering Jen?
5. While sitting on the attic step, after how many weeks does Luke finally give up trying to keep up with his family's conversation at meal times?
(a) One week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Three weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke call the new family that has a row of birdhouses in their backyard?
2. What did Luke's mother and father see on TV while pregnant that scared them?
3. What can Luke not stop thinking about, so much so that he can't even concentrate on playing with his favorite toy?
4. What event does Luke recall that made him realize his brothers have never had to hide like him?
5. What are some of the orders Luke recalls the Government giving his family in the past?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Luke do all day to help pass the time?
2. What does Luke begin to plan in Chapter 12?
3. What is different about Jen's parents getting pregnant with her versus Luke's parents having him?
4. How does Luke feel when he finally steps outside on his way to the Sport's Family's house?
5. Who are the Barons?
6. What does Luke now realize about how he can create change in the world, but in a different way than Jen?
7. Why does Jen purposely cut her hand in Chapter 16?
8. What does Jen do to assure that no Population Police stop her on the way to the rally?
9. Why does the government not want Luke's dad growing hydroponic vegetables?
10. What does Luke say when Jen asks him if he thinks his brothers would ever betray him?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)