|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Luke protest about not being able to eat at the kitchen table anymore?
(a) He knows they will not listen to him.
(b) He knows his family is only trying to protect him.
(c) He is too upset.
(d) He knows he will only get himself in more trouble.
2. What does Luke notice on his 13th day of watching the house where he saw the child's face?
(a) He can spy the outline of a third child at the dinner table.
(b) He glimpses the child's face again.
(c) On a very hot day, the blinds are down, but the family leaves their windows open.
(d) He hears music coming from the house in the middle of the day.
3. What amazes Jen about Luke in Chapter 15?
(a) That he has never seen a girl before.
(b) That he is crying.
(c) That he has never met anybody outside of his parents and brothers.
(d) That he had the guts to sneak over to her house.
4. What do Luke's parents tell him that the Government forced them to sell?
(a) Their house.
(b) Their car.
(c) Their cabin by the lake.
(d) The woods next to their house.
5. What does Luke's Dad slip quietly to Luke every day around noon?
(a) A couple cookies.
(c) Two sandwiches.
(d) Some vegetables.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had bet Jen that she didn't know what the weather was like outside?
2. After Jen tells Luke in Chapter 15 that he has come to the right place and to forget that hiding-like-a-mole stuff, what does she tell him that she is?
3. What does Luke get up at dawn to watch every morning?
4. The books Luke reads that are his fathers, what are they about?
5. What does the girl, whose house Luke broke into, do while she talks on the phone to her dad?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Luke do when he realizes the screen door to the Sport's Family's house is locked?
2. What does Luke realize about his home as he prepares to sprint over to the Sport's Family's house?
3. Who are the Barons?
4. Why has the property taxes on Luke's home gone up?
5. Why does Luke's father get angry with him in Chapter 1?
6. What does Luke see while looking out his attic vents in Chapter 8?
7. Does Luke know what will happen to him if he is seen looking out a window in his house?
8. What does Luke notice changing that makes him decide he'd better act fast if he wants to sneak over to the Sports Family's house?
9. Why does Luke's favorite toy, his train, cause him to be sad?
10. Why is Luke afraid he will never be allowed outside again?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)