|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Luke's brothers, Matthew and Mark, complain that they will have to do since Luke is not allowed outside anymore?
(a) All of his chores.
(b) Taking out the garbage.
(c) The laundry.
(d) The fishing.
2. What does Luke notice about the construction workers he spies on from his room?
(a) They are taking their time with the construction.
(b) They sometimes quit in the middle of the day.
(c) They will work late into the night.
(d) They are in a big hurry to finish the construction.
3. What does Mark offer to play a game of with Luke to cheer him up after barging into his room?
4. How does Jen say her dad would react if he knew she'd been looking out the window?
(a) He would be furious.
(b) He would beat her.
(c) He would cry.
(d) He would laugh.
5. What does Luke's father get angry with him for asking about in Chapter 1?
(a) For asking for seconds at dinner.
(b) For asking when he'll be able to go outside again.
(c) For asking if he'll be able to look out the windows when people move into the new houses.
(d) For asking about why he must sleep in the attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the female third child apologize to Luke for after she sees him staring at the door as if he means to make a run for it?
2. What has gone down so low in price that the Luke's father and mother worry about how they will get by?
3. After Mark leaves Luke's room, what does Luke notice light pouring out of in his room?
4. While sitting on the attic step, after how many weeks does Luke finally give up trying to keep up with his family's conversation at meal times?
5. After Matthew asks how the family can possibly pay the property taxes, what does Mother announce she has just received?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Luke comes upon the girl in the Sport's Family's house?
2. Even though his family has a startling lack of empathy for his position, how does Luke show his empathy in Chapter 7?
3. What are the names that Luke makes up for his new neighbors?
4. What does Luke begin to plan in Chapter 12?
5. Why does Luke's father get angry with him in Chapter 1?
6. Why does it shock Luke to see the young girl from the Sport's Family house using a telephone?
7. What does Luke's mother do so that the family can pay the property tax bill?
8. What does Luke realize about being an illegal third child?
9. What does Luke do when he realizes the screen door to the Sport's Family's house is locked?
10. What does Luke's mom tell him about how she became pregnant with him in Chapter 2?
This section contains 1,098 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)