|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Dad, Matthew, and Mark load up for slaughter at the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. What event does Luke recall that made him realize his brothers have never had to hide like him?
(a) Matthew's birthday party.
(b) Mark's birthday party.
(c) His father's birthday party.
(d) His mother's birthday party.
3. How much more money is the tax bill from previous years?
(a) Two times the usual amount.
(b) Four times the usual amount.
(c) Five times the usual amount.
(d) Three times the usual amount.
4. What amazes Jen about Luke in Chapter 15?
(a) That he is crying.
(b) That he had the guts to sneak over to her house.
(c) That he has never seen a girl before.
(d) That he has never met anybody outside of his parents and brothers.
5. What is Luke playing with in Chapter 3 that had once been his favorite toy?
(a) A dump truck.
(b) A dinosaur.
(c) A racecar.
(d) A train.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many residents does Luke watch leave their houses before he sneaks over the the third child's house?
2. Why are the new residents that will be living next to Luke called a special name?
3. What can Luke not stop thinking about, so much so that he can't even concentrate on playing with his favorite toy?
4. What does the girl, who's a third child like Luke, do that shocks him?
5. What does Dad say is the reason for the tax increase on their property?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does it shock Luke to see the young girl from the Sport's Family house using a telephone?
2. Why do the Luke's parents decide to sell their hogs?
3. What does Luke's mom tell him about how she became pregnant with him in Chapter 2?
4. Who are the Barons?
5. What happens when Luke comes upon the girl in the Sport's Family's house?
6. Why does Luke's favorite toy, his train, cause him to be sad?
7. What does Luke do when he realizes the screen door to the Sport's Family's house is locked?
8. Even though his family has a startling lack of empathy for his position, how does Luke show his empathy in Chapter 7?
9. Why is Luke afraid he will never be allowed outside again?
10. Why does Luke have to hide away from other people?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)