|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Jen tells Luke in Chapter 15 that he has come to the right place and to forget that hiding-like-a-mole stuff, what does she tell him that she is?
(a) His ticket out.
(b) His lucky day.
(c) His new best friend.
(d) His savior.
2. What time does Luke notice all the new houses are empty by?
(a) 8:30 AM.
(b) 9:00 AM.
(c) 7:30 AM.
(d) 8:00 AM.
3. What is Luke playing with in Chapter 3 that had once been his favorite toy?
(a) A dump truck.
(b) A train.
(c) A dinosaur.
(d) A racecar.
4. What are some of the orders Luke recalls the Government giving his family in the past?
(a) Where to plant their corn and how much to charge for their crops.
(b) Where to plant their potatoes and how much they can plant.
(c) Where to plant their tomatoes and how much they can keep for their family.
(d) Where to plant their pumpkins and where to sell them.
5. What do Matthew and Mark do while Mom is at work and Dad is fixing the machinery?
(a) Plow the fields.
(b) Harvest the fields.
(c) They are in school.
(d) Take care of the animals and yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Luke tell his mother about what he has found in his room allowing him to look outside?
2. What is Luke delighted to find after his whole family leaves in a hurry in Chapter 8?
3. What does Luke notice about the construction workers he spies on from his room?
4. What does Luke notice first as he makes his way outside to sneak over to the third child's house?
5. What are Luke's favorite types of books to read?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Luke comes upon the girl in the Sport's Family's house?
2. Does Luke know what will happen to him if he is seen looking out a window in his house?
3. Why is Luke afraid he will never be allowed outside again?
4. What does Luke's mom do when they hear tires on the gravel driveway in Chapter 1?
5. What does Luke discover in his room and what does it do for him?
6. Why does Luke's favorite toy, his train, cause him to be sad?
7. What does Luke begin to plan in Chapter 12?
8. What does Luke realize about being an illegal third child?
9. What does Luke's mother do so that the family can pay the property tax bill?
10. What does Luke see while looking out his attic vents in Chapter 8?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)