|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Luke's Dad furious with him in Chapter 8?
(a) He catches Luke singing loudly.
(b) He catches Luke outside.
(c) He catches Luke looking out the windows.
(d) He catches Luke downstairs in the middle of the day.
2. Who had bet Jen that she didn't know what the weather was like outside?
3. What does the girl, whose house Luke broke into, do while she talks on the phone to her dad?
(a) She drums her fingers on the table.
(b) She yawns.
(c) She bites her nails.
(d) She rolls her eyes.
4. What does Mother do when she opens the tax bill?
(a) She tears it to pieces.
(b) She clutches it to her chest.
(c) She is so startled she drops it.
(d) She begins to weep over it.
5. Why didn't Luke's parents take the Population Law seriously when they became pregnant?
(a) They were too scared.
(b) They didn't care what the Government thought.
(c) They were mad at the Government.
(d) The law was new and they figured the Government would get over its foolishness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Luke begins watching the house where he saw the child's face constantly, on which day of his vigil does he see the blinds flip up and down quickly in an upstairs window?
2. After Mark leaves Luke's room, what does Luke notice light pouring out of in his room?
3. What amazes Jen about Luke in Chapter 15?
4. Luke realizes his home is not a sanctuary but a ___________.
5. What does Luke's Dad do every day at lunchtime?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Barons?
2. What is one of the things that Luke observes in Chapter 11 that confirms to him that there is someone hiding in the Sports Family home?
3. Why do the Luke's parents decide to sell their hogs?
4. How different is Luke's family from Jen's Family?
5. Does Luke know what will happen to him if he is seen looking out a window in his house?
6. Even though his family has a startling lack of empathy for his position, how does Luke show his empathy in Chapter 7?
7. What does Luke's mom tell him about how she became pregnant with him in Chapter 2?
8. What does Luke notice changing that makes him decide he'd better act fast if he wants to sneak over to the Sports Family's house?
9. What does Luke begin to plan in Chapter 12?
10. What does Luke discover in his room and what does it do for him?
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)