|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name do Luke's Mom and Dad call the new residents that will be living next to them?
2. Who does Luke recall showing up, surprisingly, at his family's home years ago, begging for food?
(a) A little girl.
(b) A little boy.
(c) A tramp.
(d) A pregnant woman.
3. Luke begins watching the house where he saw the child's face constantly, on which day of his vigil does he see the blinds flip up and down quickly in an upstairs window?
(a) Second day.
(b) Fifth day.
(c) Fourth day.
(d) Third day.
4. Why does Luke's mother make him sit and eat his breakfast on the bottom step to the attic?
(a) He is not allowed anywhere else in the house.
(b) The construction workers have started to wonder why the family's shades are always drawn.
(c) He is being punished for looking out the window.
(d) He has dirt on his shoes.
5. What has gone down so low in price that the Luke's father and mother worry about how they will get by?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Luke afraid he will never be allowed outside again?
2. How big are the houses being built next to Luke's home?
3. What does Luke notice about the construction workers he spies on from his room?
4. What are some of the orders Luke recalls the Government giving his family in the past?
5. In Chapter 5, what does the letter from the Government tell Luke's father to get rid of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Luke's mom tell him about how she became pregnant with him in Chapter 2?
2. Why does Luke's favorite toy, his train, cause him to be sad?
3. What does Luke do all day to help pass the time?
4. What does Luke begin to plan in Chapter 12?
5. What does Luke realize about his home as he prepares to sprint over to the Sport's Family's house?
6. What is Luke's father's attitude about Luke?
7. Who are the Barons?
8. What does Luke realize about being an illegal third child?
9. Why does Luke's father get angry with him in Chapter 1?
10. Why does Luke have to hide away from other people?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)