|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Luke's favorite types of books to read?
(b) Science Fiction.
2. Why does Jen say that she looked out the window the day Luke saw her?
(a) She wanted to see if her brothers were home.
(b) She was checking that her mirrors were working properly.
(c) She was looking for birds.
(d) She was trying to spy on the neighbors.
3. Why are the new residents that will be living next to Luke called a special name?
(a) They are gangsters.
(b) They are famous.
(c) They are of royal blood.
(d) They are really rich people.
4. The female third child introduces herself as Jennifer Rose Talbot; who does she say is usually very jumpy people?
(a) Shadow kids.
(b) Unwanted kids.
(c) Forgotten kids.
(d) Third kids.
5. What does Luke notice on his 13th day of watching the house where he saw the child's face?
(a) He can spy the outline of a third child at the dinner table.
(b) He hears music coming from the house in the middle of the day.
(c) He glimpses the child's face again.
(d) On a very hot day, the blinds are down, but the family leaves their windows open.
Short Answer Questions
1. Luke punches his hand through the screen door of the third child's house, what happens when he enters the house?
2. What do Luke's parents tell him that the Government forced them to sell?
3. How does Jen say her dad would react if he knew she'd been looking out the window?
4. Who does Luke recall showing up, surprisingly, at his family's home years ago, begging for food?
5. What is Luke delighted to find after his whole family leaves in a hurry in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Luke realize about being an illegal third child?
2. What is Luke's father's attitude about Luke?
3. Who are the Barons?
4. What is one of the things that Luke observes in Chapter 11 that confirms to him that there is someone hiding in the Sports Family home?
5. Why does Luke's favorite toy, his train, cause him to be sad?
6. What does Luke's mom tell him about how she became pregnant with him in Chapter 2?
7. Even though his family has a startling lack of empathy for his position, how does Luke show his empathy in Chapter 7?
8. What does Luke realize about his home as he prepares to sprint over to the Sport's Family's house?
9. What does Luke begin to plan in Chapter 12?
10. Why is Luke afraid he will never be allowed outside again?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)