|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Luke feel about the new houses being built next to his home?
(a) He loves them.
(b) He is frustrated.
(c) He hates them.
(d) He is sad.
2. What are Luke's favorite types of books to read?
(a) Science Fiction.
3. Why is Luke's Dad furious with him in Chapter 8?
(a) He catches Luke downstairs in the middle of the day.
(b) He catches Luke outside.
(c) He catches Luke singing loudly.
(d) He catches Luke looking out the windows.
4. What does Luke notice first as he makes his way outside to sneak over to the third child's house?
(a) The fresh air on his face.
(b) The feel of the sun on his face.
(c) The breeze ruffling his clothes.
(d) The crunch of gravel under his feet.
5. While the Garner family is eating dinner in Chapter 1, they hear tires on the gravel driveway. Where does Luke scramble off to?
(a) Under the table.
(b) In the pantry.
(c) Under his parent's bed.
(d) Upstairs to hide.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does the letter from the Government tell Luke's father to get rid of?
2. Why does Jen say that she looked out the window the day Luke saw her?
3. Since not being able to eat breakfast with the whole family, why doesn't Luke ask for butter for his toast anymore?
4. Who did Luke's Mother hide her pregnancy from?
5. How does Jen say her dad would react if he knew she'd been looking out the window?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Luke do all day to help pass the time?
2. What does Luke begin to plan in Chapter 12?
3. Why does it shock Luke to see the young girl from the Sport's Family house using a telephone?
4. How does Luke lull himself into a false sense of security in Chapter 21?
5. What does Luke's mom do when they hear tires on the gravel driveway in Chapter 1?
6. How different is Luke's family from Jen's Family?
7. What does Jen's father say in response to Luke being shocked that he works for the Population Police?
8. What does Luke see while looking out his attic vents in Chapter 8?
9. Why has the property taxes on Luke's home gone up?
10. What does Luke do to break into Jen's house in Chapter 26?
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)