|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Luke afraid he will never be allowed outside again?
(a) Because he disobeyed his father.
(b) Because he was seen by a stranger.
(c) Because he did not listen to his mother.
(d) Because the woods are being cut down.
2. Since the woods near his home were torn down, how many months has Luke been trapped inside his house?
3. What do Luke's parents tell him that the Government forced them to sell?
(a) Their car.
(b) Their cabin by the lake.
(c) Their house.
(d) The woods next to their house.
4. How does Jen say her dad would react if he knew she'd been looking out the window?
(a) He would laugh.
(b) He would beat her.
(c) He would be furious.
(d) He would cry.
5. Why does Luke always pause at the bottom of the steps when he comes down for breakfast in the mornings?
(a) To make sure his father is away at work.
(b) To make sure everyone is awake.
(c) To make sure his brothers have left for school.
(d) To make sure no visitors are inside the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dad say is the reason for the tax increase on their property?
2. What does Luke tells his brother he put into the bread?
3. What does Luke notice on his 13th day of watching the house where he saw the child's face?
4. What does Luke notice about the construction workers he spies on from his room?
5. What does Luke imagine in Chapter 7, which he feels guilty about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the names that Luke makes up for his new neighbors?
2. Does Luke know what will happen to him if he is seen looking out a window in his house?
3. Why has the property taxes on Luke's home gone up?
4. What does Luke notice changing that makes him decide he'd better act fast if he wants to sneak over to the Sports Family's house?
5. Why does Luke's father get angry with him in Chapter 1?
6. Why do the Luke's parents decide to sell their hogs?
7. What does Luke realize about his home as he prepares to sprint over to the Sport's Family's house?
8. Why is Luke afraid he will never be allowed outside again?
9. What does Luke begin to plan in Chapter 12?
10. What does Luke do all day to help pass the time?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)