|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mark yell when he knocks on Luke's bedroom door in Chapter 3?
(a) Open loser!
(b) Population Police! Open up!
(c) You in there Lukey?!
(d) Better hide!
2. How does Luke feel about the new houses being built next to his home?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He loves them.
(c) He hates them.
(d) He is frustrated.
3. Why didn't Luke's parents take the Population Law seriously when they became pregnant?
(a) They didn't care what the Government thought.
(b) The law was new and they figured the Government would get over its foolishness.
(c) They were mad at the Government.
(d) They were too scared.
4. What do Matthew and Mark do while Mom is at work and Dad is fixing the machinery?
(a) They are in school.
(b) Take care of the animals and yard.
(c) Harvest the fields.
(d) Plow the fields.
5. What do Luke's brothers, Matthew and Mark, complain that they will have to do since Luke is not allowed outside anymore?
(a) The laundry.
(b) All of his chores.
(c) The fishing.
(d) Taking out the garbage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Luke always pause at the bottom of the steps when he comes down for breakfast in the mornings?
2. Who does Luke spy driving by the new houses while they are being built?
3. What time does Luke's Mom have to be at the factory every day?
4. What does Luke tells his brother he put into the bread?
5. After Luke's mother calls him to come into the house from the woods, what does Luke do for the first time in his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Luke's mother stick up for him?
2. What does Luke do all day to help pass the time?
3. What does Luke realize about his home as he prepares to sprint over to the Sport's Family's house?
4. Why do the Luke's parents decide to sell their hogs?
5. What are the names that Luke makes up for his new neighbors?
6. Even though his family has a startling lack of empathy for his position, how does Luke show his empathy in Chapter 7?
7. How different is Luke's family from Jen's Family?
8. Why is Luke afraid he will never be allowed outside again?
9. What happens when Luke comes upon the girl in the Sport's Family's house?
10. What does Luke's mother do so that the family can pay the property tax bill?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)