|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mother do when she opens the tax bill?
(a) She is so startled she drops it.
(b) She clutches it to her chest.
(c) She begins to weep over it.
(d) She tears it to pieces.
2. What does the girl, whose house Luke broke into, do while she talks on the phone to her dad?
(a) She drums her fingers on the table.
(b) She yawns.
(c) She rolls her eyes.
(d) She bites her nails.
3. What does Luke call the new family that has a row of birdhouses in their backyard?
(a) The Chirpy family.
(b) The Bird bath family.
(c) The Birdy family.
(d) The Birdbrain family.
4. Why doesn't Luke tell his mother about what he has found in his room allowing him to look outside?
(a) He knows they will cover it up.
(b) He fears they will forbid him from using it anymore.
(c) He wants it to be his secret.
(d) He doesn't want to get in trouble.
5. It's harvest time and the family is working harder than ever, what does Luke's mom make sure to leave him every day?
(a) A new pile of books.
(b) Some new video games.
(c) A supply of food.
(d) A jug of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new house does Luke spy a child looking out the window of after his dad banishes him from the kitchen?
2. What does Luke's Dad slip quietly to Luke every day around noon?
3. Who did Luke's Mother hide her pregnancy from?
4. What time does Luke's Mom have to be at the factory every day?
5. What is Luke playing with in Chapter 3 that had once been his favorite toy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Luke's parents decide to sell their hogs?
2. Why is Luke afraid he will never be allowed outside again?
3. What does Luke do when he realizes the screen door to the Sport's Family's house is locked?
4. What is one of the things that Luke observes in Chapter 11 that confirms to him that there is someone hiding in the Sports Family home?
5. Why has the property taxes on Luke's home gone up?
6. What does Luke realize about his home as he prepares to sprint over to the Sport's Family's house?
7. What happens when Luke comes upon the girl in the Sport's Family's house?
8. How does the author grab the reader's attention right away at the beginning of the book?
9. What does Luke do all day to help pass the time?
10. How does Luke feel when he finally steps outside on his way to the Sport's Family's house?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)