|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke's Dad slip quietly to Luke every day around noon?
(a) Two sandwiches.
(b) A couple cookies.
(c) Some vegetables.
2. What does Luke's father get angry with him for asking about in Chapter 1?
(a) For asking for seconds at dinner.
(b) For asking when he'll be able to go outside again.
(c) For asking about why he must sleep in the attic.
(d) For asking if he'll be able to look out the windows when people move into the new houses.
3. After Matthew asks how the family can possibly pay the property taxes, what does Mother announce she has just received?
(a) Another new bill.
(b) Her work permit.
(c) An offer from someone to buy their farm.
(d) An inheritance from her mother.
4. What are Luke's favorite types of books to read?
(d) Science Fiction.
5. While sitting on the attic step, after how many weeks does Luke finally give up trying to keep up with his family's conversation at meal times?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) One week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Luke afraid he will never be allowed outside again?
2. How big are the houses being built next to Luke's home?
3. What time does Luke's Mom get home from work?
4. What are some of the orders Luke recalls the Government giving his family in the past?
5. What does the girl, whose house Luke broke into, do while she talks on the phone to her dad?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Luke's father get angry with him in Chapter 1?
2. What does Luke now realize about how he can create change in the world, but in a different way than Jen?
3. What does Luke's mom tell him about how she became pregnant with him in Chapter 2?
4. What does Jen do with the mirrors in her house to help her see out the windows?
5. Why is Luke afraid he will never be allowed outside again?
6. What are the practical differences between Luke and Jen's families?
7. Why has the property taxes on Luke's home gone up?
8. Why does Jen tell Luke not to feel guilty about being a third child?
9. How does Jen perform a background check on Luke?
10. How does Jen plan on getting the rally she has planned?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)