|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Luke's Mother hide her pregnancy from?
(a) Everyone, even her own mother and sisters.
(b) Her brothers.
(c) Her father and sisters.
(d) A few of her friends.
2. What does Mark yell when he knocks on Luke's bedroom door in Chapter 3?
(a) You in there Lukey?!
(b) Better hide!
(c) Open loser!
(d) Population Police! Open up!
3. What time does Luke notice all the new houses are empty by?
(a) 8:30 AM.
(b) 8:00 AM.
(c) 7:30 AM.
(d) 9:00 AM.
4. After Jen tells Luke in Chapter 15 that he has come to the right place and to forget that hiding-like-a-mole stuff, what does she tell him that she is?
(a) His lucky day.
(b) His ticket out.
(c) His new best friend.
(d) His savior.
5. What does Luke notice on his 13th day of watching the house where he saw the child's face?
(a) He hears music coming from the house in the middle of the day.
(b) He glimpses the child's face again.
(c) He can spy the outline of a third child at the dinner table.
(d) On a very hot day, the blinds are down, but the family leaves their windows open.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke call the new family that has a row of birdhouses in their backyard?
2. How old was Luke when he finally realized that not all children had to hide from visitors?
3. What name do Luke's Mom and Dad call the new residents that will be living next to them?
4. What does Luke beg his mother to convince his dad of in Chapter 9?
5. After Luke's mother calls him to come into the house from the woods, what does Luke do for the first time in his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Luke recall from when he turned 6 that is important to his realizing that he is different from his brothers?
2. Even though his family has a startling lack of empathy for his position, how does Luke show his empathy in Chapter 7?
3. What does Luke do when he realizes the screen door to the Sport's Family's house is locked?
4. How does Luke feel when he finally steps outside on his way to the Sport's Family's house?
5. What does Luke realize about being an illegal third child?
6. What does Luke see while looking out his attic vents in Chapter 8?
7. Why does Luke's favorite toy, his train, cause him to be sad?
8. What does Luke realize about his home as he prepares to sprint over to the Sport's Family's house?
9. Why does it shock Luke to see the young girl from the Sport's Family house using a telephone?
10. What are the names that Luke makes up for his new neighbors?
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)