|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Dad, Matthew, and Mark load up for slaughter at the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. What is Luke's favorite part of his day?
(a) When his mother comes up to tuck him into bed.
(b) When his dad comes home for lunch.
(c) When his brothers come to play checkers with him.
(d) In the morning when he can watch the new houses.
3. Why are the new residents that will be living next to Luke called a special name?
(a) They are gangsters.
(b) They are really rich people.
(c) They are of royal blood.
(d) They are famous.
4. The books Luke reads that are his fathers, what are they about?
(a) Countryside grasses and pig diseases.
(c) Monster trucks.
5. After Matthew asks how the family can possibly pay the property taxes, what does Mother announce she has just received?
(a) An inheritance from her mother.
(b) Her work permit.
(c) An offer from someone to buy their farm.
(d) Another new bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke yell out in a panic to the girl whose house he has just broke into?
2. What makes Luke decide he must act now if he wants to sneak over to the third child's house?
3. What time does Luke's Mom get home from work?
4. Who did Luke's Mother hide her pregnancy from?
5. What name do Luke's Mom and Dad call the new residents that will be living next to them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Luke notice changing that makes him decide he'd better act fast if he wants to sneak over to the Sports Family's house?
2. Why is Luke afraid he will never be allowed outside again?
3. How does Luke feel when he finally steps outside on his way to the Sport's Family's house?
4. Does Luke's mother stick up for him?
5. Why does Luke's father get angry with him in Chapter 1?
6. What happens when Luke comes upon the girl in the Sport's Family's house?
7. What does Luke's mother do so that the family can pay the property tax bill?
8. What does Luke realize about his home as he prepares to sprint over to the Sport's Family's house?
9. What is one of the things that Luke observes in Chapter 11 that confirms to him that there is someone hiding in the Sports Family home?
10. Who are the Barons?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)