|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brave thing does Jen do for Luke at the end of Chapter 16 that amazes Luke?
(a) Luke cuts his leg at her house and blood and drops on the carpet, so Jen cuts her leg to show her parents.
(b) She tells her family about Luke.
(c) Luke cuts his hand at her house and blood and drips on the carpet, so Jen cuts her hand to show her parents.
(d) She promises not to tell anyone about Luke.
2. What is so shocking about Jen's parents having a third child?
(a) Her parents didn't want to have her but felt too guilty to terminate the pregnancy.
(b) She was actually a fourth child, but her older sister died.
(c) Jen's parents wanted another boy but realized having a girl would be fun too.
(d) They broke the law on purpose to have her, and Jen's dad is a Government employee.
3. What does Jen do every time she sees Luke?
(a) Slaps him on the back.
(b) Greets him with a big hug and a smile.
(c) Teases him about his hair.
(d) Kisses his cheek.
4. What does Jen use that allows her to go shopping?
(a) A wig and some sunglasses.
(b) A forged shopping pass.
(c) A gun.
(d) A fake I.D.
5. Why can't Luke signal Jen on the first day after he meets her?
(a) It's a national holiday.
(b) A Government inspector shows up to examine the Garner crops.
(c) His mom stays home from work sick.
(d) His brothers have the day off from school.
6. Why does Luke go stir crazy in his house the first few weeks of April?
(a) His father is home every day.
(b) It's rainy.
(c) It's snowing.
(d) His brothers have school off for Spring Break.
7. What are the names of Jen's chat room friends that Luke is introduced to in Chapter 18?
(a) Mary, Carlos, and Sean.
(b) Carlos, Yolanda, and Sean.
(c) Yolanda, Shannon, and Carmen.
(d) Sean, Patrick, and Yolanda.
8. How many kids does Jen really think will show up at her rally?
(b) A few of them.
(c) Half of them.
(d) All of them.
9. Jen sends Luke home with a bunch of books. What is the name of the book Luke struggles to read?
(a) The Food Crisis.
(b) The Population Crisis.
(c) The Population Disasters.
(d) The Food Disasters.
10. What does Luke get up at dawn to clean in Chapter 25?
(a) Muddy footprints.
(b) His room.
(c) The family room.
(d) The kitchen.
11. What does Luke suggest that his mother do in Chapter 25?
(a) Go over and welcome the new neighbors.
(b) Look for a new job.
(c) Make a cake.
(d) Take a day off from work.
12. What attribute does Luke realize he has that will make him more able than Jen to help other shadow children?
(a) He's quiet.
(b) He's patient.
(c) He's trustworthy.
(d) He's kind.
13. How does Luke break into Jen's house in Chapter 26?
(a) He kicks in the basement door.
(b) He picks the lock on the back door.
(c) He squeezes through an open window.
(d) He rips the screen and breaks a pane in one of the windows.
14. What does Luke agonize over the three days after he refuses to go with Jen to the rally?
(a) Telling her parents or telling his parents.
(b) Going with her or stopping her.
(c) Going with her or turning her in to the authorities.
(d) Stopping her or turning her in to the authorities.
15. Why was Jen's father able to take Jen's body?
(a) Because he paid them lots of money.
(b) He wasn't, he stole her body.
(c) Because he's a Government official.
(d) Because he begged them for it.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the kids at the rally were killed, where did their blood run into?
2. What does Jen's dad thrust Luke into when the Population Police pound on his front door?
3. How did Jen perform a background check on Luke?
4. What does Jen's father have pointed at Luke when he discovers him in his house?
5. What type of people does Luke tell Jen change the world?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)