|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke agonize over the three days after he refuses to go with Jen to the rally?
(a) Stopping her or turning her in to the authorities.
(b) Telling her parents or telling his parents.
(c) Going with her or stopping her.
(d) Going with her or turning her in to the authorities.
2. After the kids at the rally were killed, where did their blood run into?
(a) The President's lawn.
(b) The President's rosebushes.
(c) The Presiden't driveway.
(d) The President's vegetable garden.
3. What do Jen and Luke do while he's at her house in Chapter 21?
(a) Play video games.
(b) Watch TV.
(c) Play board games and bake cookies.
(d) Read books and eat chips.
4. What does Luke's mom think of his suggestion to her in Chapter 25?
(a) She can't take a day off because she needs the money.
(b) She thinks it's a great idea and asks him what kind of cake he'd like her to make.
(c) She really thinks it would be nice to work somewhere else.
(d) She doesn't see why they'd want a visit from her since they are rich.
5. Why does Jen believe there are not enough babies being born anymore?
(a) Because of the Government's propaganda campaign against pregnancy.
(b) Because there's not enough food.
(c) Most women are infertile.
(d) People are scared that they'll have multiples.
6. Why can't Luke signal Jen on the second day after he meets her?
(a) Luke has the stomach flu.
(b) His mom took the day off so she could catch up on some housework.
(c) His brother is home sick from school.
(d) It rains so his Dad spends the day indoors working on paperwork and books for the farm.
7. What time of day does Jen promise to check outside everyday for Luke's signal?
(a) 8:00 AM.
(b) 9:00 AM.
(c) 10:00 AM.
(d) 12:00 PM.
8. What does Jen plan on doing at the rally she is organizing?
(a) She and hundreds of shadow children are going to torch the President's house.
(b) She and hundreds of shadow children are going to hold a sit-in at the townsquare.
(c) She and hundreds of shadow children are going to march on the Presiden't house.
(d) She and hundreds of shadow children are going to throw stones at the town square.
9. What does Jen ask Luke about his brothers in Chapter 21?
(a) If they'd ever betray him.
(b) If they ever play with him.
(c) If they ever lock him in his room.
(d) If they'd ever physically hurt him.
10. Why does Luke watch Jen's house obsessively for the days after the rally?
(a) Signs of her.
(d) Signs of anyone in her family.
11. How was Jen killed at the rally?
(a) She was shot.
(b) She was hung.
(c) She was lit on fire.
(d) She was stabbed.
12. What does Jen's father have pointed at Luke when he discovers him in his house?
(a) A can of mace.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A bat.
13. Why does Luke log on to Jen's computer after he breaks into her house?
(a) To see how the rally went.
(b) To find out where the other third kids are hiding.
(c) To find out if anyone knows where Jen is.
(d) To find someone to help him escape.
14. How is Jen able to check outside for Luke's signal without being seen every day?
(a) She has mirrors placed by each of the doors and windows of her home.
(b) She uses a special camera.
(c) She uses binoculars.
(d) She very carefully picks out the window.
15. How did Jen perform a background check on Luke?
(a) She took a sample of Luke's blood using her brothers kit and scanned the results into her computer.
(b) She took a strand of Luke's hair and used her brothers kit to analyze it and then scanned the results into her computer.
(c) She used her brother's fingerprinting kit to lift Luke's prints off her door and she scanned them into her computer.
(d) She took a picture of Luke and scanned it onto her computer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brave thing does Jen do for Luke at the end of Chapter 16 that amazes Luke?
2. Jen's father admits he works for the Population Police. How does Luke react?
3. Jen sends Luke home with a bunch of books. What is the name of the book Luke struggles to read?
4. What does Luke learn about from the books that Jen has given him that he mentions to his dad?
5. What are the names of Jen's chat room friends that Luke is introduced to in Chapter 18?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)