|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Luke log on to Jen's computer after he breaks into her house?
(a) To find out if anyone knows where Jen is.
(b) To find out where the other third kids are hiding.
(c) To see how the rally went.
(d) To find someone to help him escape.
2. What does Jen do every time she sees Luke?
(a) Kisses his cheek.
(b) Slaps him on the back.
(c) Greets him with a big hug and a smile.
(d) Teases him about his hair.
3. On what day does Jen finally answer Luke's signal?
(a) Fourth day.
(b) Tenth day.
(c) Fifth day.
(d) Sixth day.
4. What brave thing does Jen do for Luke at the end of Chapter 16 that amazes Luke?
(a) She tells her family about Luke.
(b) She promises not to tell anyone about Luke.
(c) Luke cuts his hand at her house and blood and drips on the carpet, so Jen cuts her hand to show her parents.
(d) Luke cuts his leg at her house and blood and drops on the carpet, so Jen cuts her leg to show her parents.
5. How did Jen perform a background check on Luke?
(a) She used her brother's fingerprinting kit to lift Luke's prints off her door and she scanned them into her computer.
(b) She took a picture of Luke and scanned it onto her computer.
(c) She took a sample of Luke's blood using her brothers kit and scanned the results into her computer.
(d) She took a strand of Luke's hair and used her brothers kit to analyze it and then scanned the results into her computer.
6. Why is Jen confident the Government will not find out about her online chat room?
(a) Her parents have paid off the Government.
(b) She set it up herself and only shadow children know the password.
(c) She knows they really don't care to monitor stuff like that.
(d) She has it disguised as a local school's chatroom.
7. What is so shocking about Jen's parents having a third child?
(a) She was actually a fourth child, but her older sister died.
(b) Her parents didn't want to have her but felt too guilty to terminate the pregnancy.
(c) Jen's parents wanted another boy but realized having a girl would be fun too.
(d) They broke the law on purpose to have her, and Jen's dad is a Government employee.
8. How does Luke break into Jen's house in Chapter 26?
(a) He picks the lock on the back door.
(b) He kicks in the basement door.
(c) He squeezes through an open window.
(d) He rips the screen and breaks a pane in one of the windows.
9. What kind of Government does Jen's father say they have?
(a) A monarchism government.
(b) A tyranny.
(c) An authoritarianism government.
(d) A totalitarian government.
10. What did Jen's father have to bribe the policemen with?
(d) Fur coats.
11. What do Jen and Luke do while he's at her house in Chapter 21?
(a) Watch TV.
(b) Play video games.
(c) Play board games and bake cookies.
(d) Read books and eat chips.
12. Why does Luke's family have a hard time deciphering the meaning of the letter from the Government?
(a) It's made of riddles.
(b) It uses lots of big words.
(c) The font is too small.
(d) It's written in another language.
13. Why is Jen upset with the other children in the online chat room in Chapter 20?
(a) They told her she was crazy.
(b) They are scared to come out of hiding.
(c) They are discussing using fake I.D.s.
(d) They don't want to come to her rally.
14. How old was Jen when she began using her family's computer?
15. Why is the Government forbidding Luke's dad from doing a particular thing in Chapter 21?
(a) Hydroponics is outlawed because it has been used to grow illegal drugs in the past.
(b) He is forbidden to leave the house because he's been using too much gasoline.
(c) They don't want the value of the new homes to go down by his cutting down trees.
(d) They want him to collect the chickens eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Government spend a great deal of money trying to convince people?
2. What does Jen call Luke for not wanting to go to the rally?
3. What are the names of Jen's chat room friends that Luke is introduced to in Chapter 18?
4. What does Luke agonize over the three days after he refuses to go with Jen to the rally?
5. Why can't Luke signal Jen on the first day after he meets her?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)