|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose voice does Luke hear in his room the night Jen and the other kids leave for the rally?
(a) His mom's.
(b) His dad's.
2. In Chapter 21, Luke's Dad gets a letter from the Government. What do they forbid him from doing?
(a) Growing anything indoors hydroponically.
(b) Leaving his house.
(c) Cutting down any of his trees.
(d) Selling his chickens.
3. How did Jen's father know that Luke was in his house?
(a) He gets notified whenever the alarm goes off, even if the alarm is cancelled.
(b) He just had carmeras installed.
(c) He got a phone call from another neighbor.
(d) He heard him breaking in.
4. Why does Luke's mother think he's sick in Chapter 23?
(a) He's coughing.
(b) He's very hot.
(c) Because he's pale.
(d) His nose is running and his eyes are red.
5. What does Luke sneak into the kitchen for the day of the rally?
(a) To look out the window.
(b) To listen to the radio.
(c) To make a sandwich.
(d) To bake some bread.
6. How does Jen plan on getting to the rally that she has planned?
(a) She's going to take the bus.
(b) She's going to drive one of her parent's cars.
(c) She's going to hitchhike.
(d) She's going to ride her bike.
7. What did Jen do to make sure no policemen stop her on her way to the rally?
(a) She has devised a special route where no policemen patrol.
(b) She is going to dress up like one of her brothers.
(c) She bribed several police officers.
(d) She hacked into the police database and arranged to give several policemen vacation days.
8. How many other kids were also killed at the rally?
9. What does Jen's father offer to do for Luke in Chapter 27?
(a) Get him a fake I.D.
(b) Take him into their family.
(c) Let Luke see Jen's body.
(d) Give Luke's family some money.
10. Why is Jen confident the Government will not find out about her online chat room?
(a) Her parents have paid off the Government.
(b) She set it up herself and only shadow children know the password.
(c) She knows they really don't care to monitor stuff like that.
(d) She has it disguised as a local school's chatroom.
11. How was Jen killed at the rally?
(a) She was stabbed.
(b) She was shot.
(c) She was lit on fire.
(d) She was hung.
12. What does Luke's mom think of his suggestion to her in Chapter 25?
(a) She doesn't see why they'd want a visit from her since they are rich.
(b) She can't take a day off because she needs the money.
(c) She thinks it's a great idea and asks him what kind of cake he'd like her to make.
(d) She really thinks it would be nice to work somewhere else.
13. How does Jen's father react to how Luke answers his question about why he didn't stop Jen from going to the rally?
(a) He gives him a tiny smile.
(b) He passes out.
(c) He glares at him.
(d) He begins to cry.
14. Why can't Luke signal Jen on the second day after he meets her?
(a) Luke has the stomach flu.
(b) His mom took the day off so she could catch up on some housework.
(c) It rains so his Dad spends the day indoors working on paperwork and books for the farm.
(d) His brother is home sick from school.
15. In Chapter 18, what is Jen's chat room friend complaining about online?
(a) His parents refuse to waste money running the air-conditioning during the day, even though it's 105 outside.
(b) His parents refuse to buy him any extra food to eat.
(c) His parents refuse to buy him any new books to read.
(d) His parents refuse to allow him downstairs into the family room.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what does Jen tell Luke that her mother dragged her out to go do?
2. Why does Jen's father put him hand over Luke's mouth after the Population Police leave?
3. What does Jen plan on doing at the rally she is organizing?
4. Where will Luke now be living with his new name and identity?
5. What does Jen call Luke for not wanting to go to the rally?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)