|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke's mom think of his suggestion to her in Chapter 25?
(a) She doesn't see why they'd want a visit from her since they are rich.
(b) She thinks it's a great idea and asks him what kind of cake he'd like her to make.
(c) She can't take a day off because she needs the money.
(d) She really thinks it would be nice to work somewhere else.
2. What did Jen do to make sure no policemen stop her on her way to the rally?
(a) She hacked into the police database and arranged to give several policemen vacation days.
(b) She bribed several police officers.
(c) She has devised a special route where no policemen patrol.
(d) She is going to dress up like one of her brothers.
3. Why is Jen upset with the other children in the online chat room in Chapter 20?
(a) They told her she was crazy.
(b) They are discussing using fake I.D.s.
(c) They are scared to come out of hiding.
(d) They don't want to come to her rally.
4. How does Luke answer Jen's question about his brothers in Chapter 21?
(a) His brothers have never locked him in his room.
(b) He is sure his brothers would never betray him.
(c) His brothers have never physically hurt him.
(d) His brothers do play with him occasionally.
5. What kind of food does Jen share with Luke that shocks him because both items are illegal?
(a) Beer and pretzels.
(b) Ice cream and chocolate.
(c) Soda and potato chips.
(d) Candy and Energy drinks.
6. What is so shocking about Jen's parents having a third child?
(a) Her parents didn't want to have her but felt too guilty to terminate the pregnancy.
(b) Jen's parents wanted another boy but realized having a girl would be fun too.
(c) She was actually a fourth child, but her older sister died.
(d) They broke the law on purpose to have her, and Jen's dad is a Government employee.
7. What does Luke learn about from the books that Jen has given him that he mentions to his dad?
(a) Canning food.
(b) Neighbors sharing food.
(c) Growing food indoors.
(d) Using spoiled food to feed the animals.
8. What does Luke sneak into the kitchen for the day of the rally?
(a) To look out the window.
(b) To bake some bread.
(c) To listen to the radio.
(d) To make a sandwich.
9. How did Jen's father know that Luke was in his house?
(a) He got a phone call from another neighbor.
(b) He heard him breaking in.
(c) He just had carmeras installed.
(d) He gets notified whenever the alarm goes off, even if the alarm is cancelled.
10. How did Jen perform a background check on Luke?
(a) She took a picture of Luke and scanned it onto her computer.
(b) She used her brother's fingerprinting kit to lift Luke's prints off her door and she scanned them into her computer.
(c) She took a sample of Luke's blood using her brothers kit and scanned the results into her computer.
(d) She took a strand of Luke's hair and used her brothers kit to analyze it and then scanned the results into her computer.
11. What does Jen say to Luke after he tells her he will see her after the rally?
(a) She tells him he can bet on it!
(b) She tells him they can hope.
(c) She tells him it's not likely.
(d) She tells him she can't wait.
12. Why does Luke go stir crazy in his house the first few weeks of April?
(a) It's snowing.
(b) It's rainy.
(c) His father is home every day.
(d) His brothers have school off for Spring Break.
13. What do Jen and Luke do while he's at her house in Chapter 21?
(a) Play video games.
(b) Watch TV.
(c) Read books and eat chips.
(d) Play board games and bake cookies.
14. What does Jen's dad thrust Luke into when the Population Police pound on his front door?
(a) A wooden chest.
(b) Behind the sofa.
(c) Under the bed.
(d) The closet.
15. What are the names of Jen's chat room friends that Luke is introduced to in Chapter 18?
(a) Mary, Carlos, and Sean.
(b) Sean, Patrick, and Yolanda.
(c) Yolanda, Shannon, and Carmen.
(d) Carlos, Yolanda, and Sean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of people does Luke tell Jen change the world?
2. Why can't Luke signal Jen on the first day after he meets her?
3. Why does Luke's family have a hard time deciphering the meaning of the letter from the Government?
4. Where will Luke now be living with his new name and identity?
5. What does Luke do at supper the night after he meets Jen?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)