|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of people does Luke tell Jen change the world?
(a) Rich people.
(b) Smart people.
(c) Brave people.
(d) Poor people.
2. What do Jen and Luke do while he's at her house in Chapter 21?
(a) Read books and eat chips.
(b) Play board games and bake cookies.
(c) Watch TV.
(d) Play video games.
3. Why does Luke log on to Jen's computer after he breaks into her house?
(a) To find someone to help him escape.
(b) To find out if anyone knows where Jen is.
(c) To find out where the other third kids are hiding.
(d) To see how the rally went.
4. How does Jen's father react after Luke explains how he found out about Jen?
(a) He acts ashamed.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He's embarrassed.
(d) He gets angry.
5. What does Luke learn about from the books that Jen has given him that he mentions to his dad?
(a) Growing food indoors.
(b) Neighbors sharing food.
(c) Using spoiled food to feed the animals.
(d) Canning food.
6. What kind of food does Jen share with Luke that shocks him because both items are illegal?
(a) Candy and Energy drinks.
(b) Beer and pretzels.
(c) Soda and potato chips.
(d) Ice cream and chocolate.
7. What does Jen do every time she sees Luke?
(a) Teases him about his hair.
(b) Kisses his cheek.
(c) Slaps him on the back.
(d) Greets him with a big hug and a smile.
8. How is Jen able to check outside for Luke's signal without being seen every day?
(a) She has mirrors placed by each of the doors and windows of her home.
(b) She very carefully picks out the window.
(c) She uses binoculars.
(d) She uses a special camera.
9. Why does Luke's mother think he's sick in Chapter 23?
(a) Because he's pale.
(b) His nose is running and his eyes are red.
(c) He's coughing.
(d) He's very hot.
10. Why is Jen upset with the other children in the online chat room in Chapter 20?
(a) They don't want to come to her rally.
(b) They are scared to come out of hiding.
(c) They are discussing using fake I.D.s.
(d) They told her she was crazy.
11. Jen sends Luke home with a bunch of books. What is the name of the book Luke struggles to read?
(a) The Population Disasters.
(b) The Population Crisis.
(c) The Food Crisis.
(d) The Food Disasters.
12. What did Jen's father have to bribe the policemen with?
(b) Fur coats.
13. What does Luke suggest that his mother do in Chapter 25?
(a) Take a day off from work.
(b) Make a cake.
(c) Look for a new job.
(d) Go over and welcome the new neighbors.
14. Why was Jen's father able to take Jen's body?
(a) Because he's a Government official.
(b) He wasn't, he stole her body.
(c) Because he paid them lots of money.
(d) Because he begged them for it.
15. What attribute does Luke realize he has that will make him more able than Jen to help other shadow children?
(a) He's trustworthy.
(b) He's kind.
(c) He's quiet.
(d) He's patient.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jen's father informs Luke that he is now in danger too. Why is Luke in danger?
2. How was Jen killed at the rally?
3. What does Jen's father have pointed at Luke when he discovers him in his house?
4. What does Jen call Luke for not wanting to go to the rally?
5. Whose voice does Luke hear in his room the night Jen and the other kids leave for the rally?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)