|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jen's father know that Luke was in his house?
(a) He just had carmeras installed.
(b) He gets notified whenever the alarm goes off, even if the alarm is cancelled.
(c) He heard him breaking in.
(d) He got a phone call from another neighbor.
2. What time does Jen want Luke to leave with her to the rally?
(a) 10:00 PM.
(b) 9:00 PM.
(c) 8:00 PM.
(d) 7:00 PM.
3. Jen's father informs Luke that he is now in danger too. Why is Luke in danger?
(a) The Government really can see through computer screens, and they saw Luke.
(b) Jen's father had called the police before he realized who Luke was.
(c) Jen's house is being watched by the Population Police.
(d) The chat room he just logged into has been monitored by Government officials since the rally.
4. What does Luke think about the rally Jen is planning?
(a) It's scary.
(b) It's hopeless.
(c) It's insane.
(d) It' wonderful.
5. How did Jen feel about her father working at the Population Police headquarters?
(a) She was embarrassed about it.
(b) She liked it.
(c) She hated it.
(d) She didn't understand.
6. What does the Government spend a great deal of money trying to convince people?
(a) That they have people patrolling to see houses with window shades down all the time.
(b) That their whole family will be killed if a third child is found.
(c) That having a third child means you're a bad citizen.
(d) That they can monitor television and computer screens.
7. What time of day does Jen promise to check outside everyday for Luke's signal?
(a) 10:00 AM.
(b) 12:00 PM.
(c) 9:00 AM.
(d) 8:00 AM.
8. What kind of Government does Jen's father say they have?
(a) An authoritarianism government.
(b) A monarchism government.
(c) A tyranny.
(d) A totalitarian government.
9. What does Luke learn about from the books that Jen has given him that he mentions to his dad?
(a) Canning food.
(b) Neighbors sharing food.
(c) Growing food indoors.
(d) Using spoiled food to feed the animals.
10. How many other kids were also killed at the rally?
11. How does Luke answer Jen's question about his brothers in Chapter 21?
(a) He is sure his brothers would never betray him.
(b) His brothers do play with him occasionally.
(c) His brothers have never physically hurt him.
(d) His brothers have never locked him in his room.
12. What did Jen's father have to bribe the policemen with?
(d) Fur coats.
13. How did Jen perform a background check on Luke?
(a) She took a picture of Luke and scanned it onto her computer.
(b) She took a strand of Luke's hair and used her brothers kit to analyze it and then scanned the results into her computer.
(c) She took a sample of Luke's blood using her brothers kit and scanned the results into her computer.
(d) She used her brother's fingerprinting kit to lift Luke's prints off her door and she scanned them into her computer.
14. How does Jen's father react to how Luke answers his question about why he didn't stop Jen from going to the rally?
(a) He glares at him.
(b) He passes out.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He gives him a tiny smile.
15. In Chapter 17, how many days does Luke wait for another opportunity to sneak over to Jen's house?
(a) Two days.
(b) Six days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so shocking about Jen's parents having a third child?
2. What attribute does Luke realize he has that will make him more able than Jen to help other shadow children?
3. What does Jen use that allows her to go shopping?
4. When Jen was younger, where did her mom take her to meet other third children?
5. What does Jen's father have pointed at Luke when he discovers him in his house?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)