|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Luke learns that Jen was killed at the rally, how does he react?
(a) He's shocked.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He starts screaming.
(d) He passes out.
2. Jen sends Luke home with a bunch of books. What is the name of the book Luke struggles to read?
(a) The Population Disasters.
(b) The Food Disasters.
(c) The Population Crisis.
(d) The Food Crisis.
3. In Chapter 17, how many days does Luke wait for another opportunity to sneak over to Jen's house?
(a) Two days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Six days.
4. How does Luke break into Jen's house in Chapter 26?
(a) He rips the screen and breaks a pane in one of the windows.
(b) He kicks in the basement door.
(c) He picks the lock on the back door.
(d) He squeezes through an open window.
5. Why is Jen upset with the other children in the online chat room in Chapter 20?
(a) They told her she was crazy.
(b) They don't want to come to her rally.
(c) They are scared to come out of hiding.
(d) They are discussing using fake I.D.s.
6. What type of people does Luke tell Jen change the world?
(a) Rich people.
(b) Smart people.
(c) Poor people.
(d) Brave people.
7. What does Jen call Luke for not wanting to go to the rally?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A scaredy cat.
(c) A baby.
(d) A coward.
8. What has Jen been using her visits with Luke for?
(a) Research for how other third children live.
(b) An excuse to get to know a boy.
(c) A break in her tedious life.
(d) Breaks from planning her rally.
9. How many times has Jen's mom been married?
10. Why did the Government make it illegal to have pets?
(a) An epidemic of lice.
(b) Because of the diseases they may carry.
(c) The food shortage.
(d) They believe animals are only for eating.
11. Why does Luke watch Jen's house obsessively for the days after the rally?
(b) Signs of anyone in her family.
(c) Signs of her.
12. Why does Luke log on to Jen's computer after he breaks into her house?
(a) To find out where the other third kids are hiding.
(b) To find out if anyone knows where Jen is.
(c) To see how the rally went.
(d) To find someone to help him escape.
13. Why can't Luke signal Jen on the first day after he meets her?
(a) His mom stays home from work sick.
(b) It's a national holiday.
(c) A Government inspector shows up to examine the Garner crops.
(d) His brothers have the day off from school.
14. Jen's father informs Luke that he is now in danger too. Why is Luke in danger?
(a) Jen's father had called the police before he realized who Luke was.
(b) The Government really can see through computer screens, and they saw Luke.
(c) Jen's house is being watched by the Population Police.
(d) The chat room he just logged into has been monitored by Government officials since the rally.
15. How does Jen plan on getting to the rally that she has planned?
(a) She's going to ride her bike.
(b) She's going to drive one of her parent's cars.
(c) She's going to hitchhike.
(d) She's going to take the bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jen believe there are not enough babies being born anymore?
2. In Chapter 21, Luke's Dad gets a letter from the Government. What do they forbid him from doing?
3. What does Luke say when Jen's father asks how Luke found out about Jen?
4. What does Jen use that allows her to go shopping?
5. What does the Government spend a great deal of money trying to convince people?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)