Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Jen's father able to take Jen's body?
(a) Because he paid them lots of money.
(b) Because he's a Government official.
(c) He wasn't, he stole her body.
(d) Because he begged them for it.
2. What do Jen and Luke do while he's at her house in Chapter 21?
(a) Read books and eat chips.
(b) Play video games.
(c) Play board games and bake cookies.
(d) Watch TV.
3. What does Luke sneak into the kitchen for the day of the rally?
(a) To bake some bread.
(b) To make a sandwich.
(c) To look out the window.
(d) To listen to the radio.
4. Why does Jen believe there are not enough babies being born anymore?
(a) Most women are infertile.
(b) Because of the Government's propaganda campaign against pregnancy.
(c) People are scared that they'll have multiples.
(d) Because there's not enough food.
5. After Jen's father demands to know why Luke didn't stop Jen from going to the rally, how does Luke respond?
(a) He says, "I would never stop Jen from doing anything."
(b) He says, "That would be impossible."
(c) He says, "How do you stop a bird from flying?"
(d) He says, "That's like trying to stop the sun."
6. What does Jen's dad thrust Luke into when the Population Police pound on his front door?
(a) Under the bed.
(b) Behind the sofa.
(c) The closet.
(d) A wooden chest.
7. How many times has Jen's mom been married?
8. What does Luke have to do after he breaks into Jen's house in Chapter 26?
(a) Search it to make sure it's empty.
(b) Turn off all the lights.
(c) Disable the alarm using the code Jen taught him.
(d) Break the alarm.
9. Why does Luke's mother think he's sick in Chapter 23?
(a) Because he's pale.
(b) He's very hot.
(c) His nose is running and his eyes are red.
(d) He's coughing.
10. What does Luke learn about from the books that Jen has given him that he mentions to his dad?
(a) Growing food indoors.
(b) Using spoiled food to feed the animals.
(c) Canning food.
(d) Neighbors sharing food.
11. Why does Jen's father put him hand over Luke's mouth after the Population Police leave?
(a) He wants Luke to listen to him before he talks.
(b) The police have planted listening devices in the house and one on Jen's father.
(c) He wants to make sure the police are completely gone.
(d) He doesn't want him to scream.
12. What did Jen's father have to bribe the policemen with?
(a) Fur coats.
13. What does the Government spend a great deal of money trying to convince people?
(a) That their whole family will be killed if a third child is found.
(b) That having a third child means you're a bad citizen.
(c) That they have people patrolling to see houses with window shades down all the time.
(d) That they can monitor television and computer screens.
14. What has Jen been using her visits with Luke for?
(a) A break in her tedious life.
(b) An excuse to get to know a boy.
(c) Research for how other third children live.
(d) Breaks from planning her rally.
15. Luke asks Jen's father why he wants to help him; how does he respond?
(a) He likes Luke.
(b) He likes helping people.
(c) He's doing it for Jen.
(d) He wants to help all shadow children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Jen want Luke to leave with her to the rally?
2. Why is Jen upset with the other children in the online chat room in Chapter 20?
3. What are the names of Jen's chat room friends that Luke is introduced to in Chapter 18?
4. Luke finally signals Jen on the third day after he meets her; what happens?
5. How does Luke break into Jen's house in Chapter 26?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)