|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jen's father react after Luke explains how he found out about Jen?
(a) He gets angry.
(b) He's embarrassed.
(c) He acts ashamed.
(d) He begins to cry.
2. Luke finally signals Jen on the third day after he meets her; what happens?
(a) She calls him on the telephone to tell him today is not a good day.
(b) She never signals him back.
(c) Surprisingly, she runs over to his house.
(d) She sends him a note saying today is not a good day.
3. In Chapter 17, how many days does Luke wait for another opportunity to sneak over to Jen's house?
(a) Five days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Six days.
4. Jen's father explains that he only works at the Population Police headquarters; he does not agree with what they do. What does he try to do while he's at work?
(a) Try to ignore what's going on.
(b) Sabotage them as much as he can.
(c) Spy for the resistance against the Population Police.
(d) Save third children.
5. How did Jen feel about her father working at the Population Police headquarters?
(a) She liked it.
(b) She didn't understand.
(c) She was embarrassed about it.
(d) She hated it.
6. What does Luke think about the rally Jen is planning?
(a) It's scary.
(b) It' wonderful.
(c) It's insane.
(d) It's hopeless.
7. How was Jen killed at the rally?
(a) She was lit on fire.
(b) She was shot.
(c) She was stabbed.
(d) She was hung.
8. How does Luke answer Jen's question about his brothers in Chapter 21?
(a) He is sure his brothers would never betray him.
(b) His brothers do play with him occasionally.
(c) His brothers have never physically hurt him.
(d) His brothers have never locked him in his room.
9. What does Jen's father offer to do for Luke in Chapter 27?
(a) Let Luke see Jen's body.
(b) Get him a fake I.D.
(c) Take him into their family.
(d) Give Luke's family some money.
10. Why does Luke watch Jen's house obsessively for the days after the rally?
(b) Signs of her.
(c) Signs of anyone in her family.
11. How did Jen perform a background check on Luke?
(a) She used her brother's fingerprinting kit to lift Luke's prints off her door and she scanned them into her computer.
(b) She took a strand of Luke's hair and used her brothers kit to analyze it and then scanned the results into her computer.
(c) She took a sample of Luke's blood using her brothers kit and scanned the results into her computer.
(d) She took a picture of Luke and scanned it onto her computer.
12. Why can't Luke signal Jen on the first day after he meets her?
(a) His brothers have the day off from school.
(b) A Government inspector shows up to examine the Garner crops.
(c) It's a national holiday.
(d) His mom stays home from work sick.
13. What does Jen call Luke for not wanting to go to the rally?
(a) A coward.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A baby.
(d) A scaredy cat.
14. What did Jen do to make sure no policemen stop her on her way to the rally?
(a) She bribed several police officers.
(b) She hacked into the police database and arranged to give several policemen vacation days.
(c) She is going to dress up like one of her brothers.
(d) She has devised a special route where no policemen patrol.
15. On what day does Jen finally answer Luke's signal?
(a) Fifth day.
(b) Tenth day.
(c) Fourth day.
(d) Sixth day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jen's father believe that the government intentionally keeps people hovering around the poverty level?
2. Why does Luke log on to Jen's computer after he breaks into her house?
3. What does Luke get up at dawn to clean in Chapter 25?
4. What brave thing does Jen do for Luke at the end of Chapter 16 that amazes Luke?
5. Why is Jen confident the Government will not find out about her online chat room?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)