|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What signal have Jen and Luke decided upon so Luke will know when it's okay to come and visit her again?
(a) If Luke can come over he will tie a ribbon on his back doorknob.
(b) If Luke can come over he will pull up his kitchen shade an inch.
(c) If Luke can come over he will turn on his back porch light.
(d) If Luke can come over he will flash a light to Jen.
2. What does Luke think about the rally Jen is planning?
(a) It' wonderful.
(b) It's hopeless.
(c) It's insane.
(d) It's scary.
3. What does Luke have to do after he breaks into Jen's house in Chapter 26?
(a) Break the alarm.
(b) Search it to make sure it's empty.
(c) Disable the alarm using the code Jen taught him.
(d) Turn off all the lights.
4. How does Jen's father react after Luke explains how he found out about Jen?
(a) He begins to cry.
(b) He acts ashamed.
(c) He's embarrassed.
(d) He gets angry.
5. How many times does Luke visit Jen in March?
(c) Five times.
(d) Three times.
6. How did Jen feel about her father working at the Population Police headquarters?
(a) She liked it.
(b) She was embarrassed about it.
(c) She hated it.
(d) She didn't understand.
7. How old was Jen when she began using her family's computer?
8. Luke finally signals Jen on the third day after he meets her; what happens?
(a) She never signals him back.
(b) Surprisingly, she runs over to his house.
(c) She sends him a note saying today is not a good day.
(d) She calls him on the telephone to tell him today is not a good day.
9. Why does Luke log on to Jen's computer after he breaks into her house?
(a) To find someone to help him escape.
(b) To find out if anyone knows where Jen is.
(c) To find out where the other third kids are hiding.
(d) To see how the rally went.
10. What does Luke get up at dawn to clean in Chapter 25?
(a) Muddy footprints.
(b) His room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The family room.
11. Jen sends Luke home with a bunch of books. What is the name of the book Luke struggles to read?
(a) The Population Crisis.
(b) The Population Disasters.
(c) The Food Crisis.
(d) The Food Disasters.
12. What do Jen and Luke do while he's at her house in Chapter 21?
(a) Watch TV.
(b) Read books and eat chips.
(c) Play video games.
(d) Play board games and bake cookies.
13. After the kids at the rally were killed, where did their blood run into?
(a) The President's lawn.
(b) The President's vegetable garden.
(c) The Presiden't driveway.
(d) The President's rosebushes.
14. How was Jen killed at the rally?
(a) She was shot.
(b) She was lit on fire.
(c) She was hung.
(d) She was stabbed.
15. What new name is Luke given?
(a) Lewis Gold.
(b) Lee Grant.
(c) Larry Gamble.
(d) Lenny Garrett.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Jen use as a password for her online chat room?
2. How does Jen's father react to how Luke answers his question about why he didn't stop Jen from going to the rally?
3. Jen's father informs Luke that he is now in danger too. Why is Luke in danger?
4. What time of day does Jen promise to check outside everyday for Luke's signal?
5. Why does Luke's family have a hard time deciphering the meaning of the letter from the Government?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)