|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jen's father have pointed at Luke when he discovers him in his house?
(a) A bat.
(b) A gun.
(c) A can of mace.
(d) A knife.
2. How old was Jen when she began using her family's computer?
3. Why does Jen believe there are not enough babies being born anymore?
(a) Because there's not enough food.
(b) People are scared that they'll have multiples.
(c) Because of the Government's propaganda campaign against pregnancy.
(d) Most women are infertile.
4. Where will Luke now be living with his new name and identity?
(a) The home of child whose identity he has taken.
(b) A beach house along the East coast.
(c) A boarding school for rich children.
(d) A ranch in the West.
5. What did Jen's father have to bribe the policemen with?
(d) Fur coats.
6. What word does Jen use as a password for her online chat room?
7. How does Luke answer Jen's question about his brothers in Chapter 21?
(a) He is sure his brothers would never betray him.
(b) His brothers do play with him occasionally.
(c) His brothers have never physically hurt him.
(d) His brothers have never locked him in his room.
8. What do Jen and Luke do while he's at her house in Chapter 21?
(a) Watch TV.
(b) Play board games and bake cookies.
(c) Read books and eat chips.
(d) Play video games.
9. Why is Jen confident the Government will not find out about her online chat room?
(a) She set it up herself and only shadow children know the password.
(b) She knows they really don't care to monitor stuff like that.
(c) Her parents have paid off the Government.
(d) She has it disguised as a local school's chatroom.
10. What does Luke think about the rally Jen is planning?
(a) It's scary.
(b) It's hopeless.
(c) It' wonderful.
(d) It's insane.
11. How did Jen feel about her father working at the Population Police headquarters?
(a) She didn't understand.
(b) She hated it.
(c) She liked it.
(d) She was embarrassed about it.
12. How does Jen's father react after Luke explains how he found out about Jen?
(a) He begins to cry.
(b) He's embarrassed.
(c) He acts ashamed.
(d) He gets angry.
13. What does Jen call Luke for not wanting to go to the rally?
(a) A coward.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A scaredy cat.
(d) A baby.
14. How many times has Jen's mom been married?
15. Why does Luke go stir crazy in his house the first few weeks of April?
(a) His father is home every day.
(b) It's snowing.
(c) His brothers have school off for Spring Break.
(d) It's rainy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke get up at dawn to clean in Chapter 25?
2. How many kids does Jen really think will show up at her rally?
3. What does Jen's father offer to do for Luke in Chapter 27?
4. In Chapter 21, Luke's Dad gets a letter from the Government. What do they forbid him from doing?
5. Why was Jen's father able to take Jen's body?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)