|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Jen use as a password for her online chat room?
2. How old was Jen when she began using her family's computer?
3. What does Luke sneak into the kitchen for the day of the rally?
(a) To look out the window.
(b) To bake some bread.
(c) To listen to the radio.
(d) To make a sandwich.
4. Luke learns that Jen was killed at the rally, how does he react?
(a) He's shocked.
(b) He passes out.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He starts screaming.
5. What does Jen's father offer to do for Luke in Chapter 27?
(a) Get him a fake I.D.
(b) Give Luke's family some money.
(c) Take him into their family.
(d) Let Luke see Jen's body.
6. Luke asks Jen's father why he wants to help him; how does he respond?
(a) He wants to help all shadow children.
(b) He likes Luke.
(c) He's doing it for Jen.
(d) He likes helping people.
7. What does Luke suggest that his mother do in Chapter 25?
(a) Look for a new job.
(b) Take a day off from work.
(c) Make a cake.
(d) Go over and welcome the new neighbors.
8. What brave thing does Jen do for Luke at the end of Chapter 16 that amazes Luke?
(a) Luke cuts his hand at her house and blood and drips on the carpet, so Jen cuts her hand to show her parents.
(b) Luke cuts his leg at her house and blood and drops on the carpet, so Jen cuts her leg to show her parents.
(c) She tells her family about Luke.
(d) She promises not to tell anyone about Luke.
9. How does Jen's father react to how Luke answers his question about why he didn't stop Jen from going to the rally?
(a) He gives him a tiny smile.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He glares at him.
(d) He passes out.
10. Whose voice does Luke hear in his room the night Jen and the other kids leave for the rally?
(a) His mom's.
(d) His dad's.
11. What does the Government spend a great deal of money trying to convince people?
(a) That their whole family will be killed if a third child is found.
(b) That having a third child means you're a bad citizen.
(c) That they have people patrolling to see houses with window shades down all the time.
(d) That they can monitor television and computer screens.
12. What does Jen do every time she sees Luke?
(a) Teases him about his hair.
(b) Kisses his cheek.
(c) Slaps him on the back.
(d) Greets him with a big hug and a smile.
13. In Chapter 17, how many days does Luke wait for another opportunity to sneak over to Jen's house?
(a) Six days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Two days.
14. What attribute does Luke realize he has that will make him more able than Jen to help other shadow children?
(a) He's kind.
(b) He's patient.
(c) He's quiet.
(d) He's trustworthy.
15. How is Jen able to check outside for Luke's signal without being seen every day?
(a) She very carefully picks out the window.
(b) She uses binoculars.
(c) She uses a special camera.
(d) She has mirrors placed by each of the doors and windows of her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of Government does Jen's father say they have?
2. What signal have Jen and Luke decided upon so Luke will know when it's okay to come and visit her again?
3. What does Luke do at supper the night after he meets Jen?
4. Where will Luke now be living with his new name and identity?
5. What new name is Luke given?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)