|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jen's father react to how Luke answers his question about why he didn't stop Jen from going to the rally?
(a) He gives him a tiny smile.
(b) He glares at him.
(c) He passes out.
(d) He begins to cry.
2. Why is Jen upset with the other children in the online chat room in Chapter 20?
(a) They don't want to come to her rally.
(b) They are discussing using fake I.D.s.
(c) They told her she was crazy.
(d) They are scared to come out of hiding.
3. How does Luke answer Jen's question about his brothers in Chapter 21?
(a) He is sure his brothers would never betray him.
(b) His brothers have never physically hurt him.
(c) His brothers do play with him occasionally.
(d) His brothers have never locked him in his room.
4. Why does Luke watch Jen's house obsessively for the days after the rally?
(a) Signs of her.
(c) Signs of anyone in her family.
5. How does Jen plan on getting to the rally that she has planned?
(a) She's going to ride her bike.
(b) She's going to take the bus.
(c) She's going to drive one of her parent's cars.
(d) She's going to hitchhike.
6. Where will Luke now be living with his new name and identity?
(a) A boarding school for rich children.
(b) A ranch in the West.
(c) A beach house along the East coast.
(d) The home of child whose identity he has taken.
7. What is so shocking about Jen's parents having a third child?
(a) She was actually a fourth child, but her older sister died.
(b) Jen's parents wanted another boy but realized having a girl would be fun too.
(c) They broke the law on purpose to have her, and Jen's dad is a Government employee.
(d) Her parents didn't want to have her but felt too guilty to terminate the pregnancy.
8. In Chapter 17, what does Jen tell Luke that her mother dragged her out to go do?
(a) Jewelry shopping.
(b) Grocery shopping.
(c) Shopping for flowers.
(d) Shopping at the mall.
9. How many other kids were also killed at the rally?
10. Why won't Luke agree to come to the rally with Jen?
(a) He does not believe it's right.
(b) He is too frightened.
(c) He is too angry.
(d) He's embarrassed.
11. What does Jen use that allows her to go shopping?
(a) A wig and some sunglasses.
(b) A fake I.D.
(c) A gun.
(d) A forged shopping pass.
12. What does Jen plan on doing at the rally she is organizing?
(a) She and hundreds of shadow children are going to torch the President's house.
(b) She and hundreds of shadow children are going to march on the Presiden't house.
(c) She and hundreds of shadow children are going to throw stones at the town square.
(d) She and hundreds of shadow children are going to hold a sit-in at the townsquare.
13. In Chapter 17, how many days does Luke wait for another opportunity to sneak over to Jen's house?
(a) Six days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Three days.
14. What does Jen say to Luke after he tells her he will see her after the rally?
(a) She tells him it's not likely.
(b) She tells him they can hope.
(c) She tells him she can't wait.
(d) She tells him he can bet on it!
15. What does Luke agonize over the three days after he refuses to go with Jen to the rally?
(a) Stopping her or turning her in to the authorities.
(b) Going with her or turning her in to the authorities.
(c) Going with her or stopping her.
(d) Telling her parents or telling his parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jen's father offer to do for Luke in Chapter 27?
2. Why can't Luke signal Jen on the first day after he meets her?
3. What kind of Government does Jen's father say they have?
4. Why does Luke go stir crazy in his house the first few weeks of April?
5. What signal have Jen and Luke decided upon so Luke will know when it's okay to come and visit her again?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)