|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Luke break into Jen's house in Chapter 26?
(a) He picks the lock on the back door.
(b) He squeezes through an open window.
(c) He rips the screen and breaks a pane in one of the windows.
(d) He kicks in the basement door.
2. What does Luke get up at dawn to clean in Chapter 25?
(a) His room.
(b) Muddy footprints.
(c) The family room.
(d) The kitchen.
3. What type of people does Luke tell Jen change the world?
(a) Brave people.
(b) Rich people.
(c) Smart people.
(d) Poor people.
4. When Jen was younger, where did her mom take her to meet other third children?
(a) Secret meetings.
(b) A carnival.
(c) A party.
(d) A play group.
5. In Chapter 21, Luke's Dad gets a letter from the Government. What do they forbid him from doing?
(a) Cutting down any of his trees.
(b) Leaving his house.
(c) Growing anything indoors hydroponically.
(d) Selling his chickens.
6. How does Luke answer Jen's question about his brothers in Chapter 21?
(a) He is sure his brothers would never betray him.
(b) His brothers have never physically hurt him.
(c) His brothers have never locked him in his room.
(d) His brothers do play with him occasionally.
7. Why can't Luke signal Jen on the second day after he meets her?
(a) His mom took the day off so she could catch up on some housework.
(b) It rains so his Dad spends the day indoors working on paperwork and books for the farm.
(c) Luke has the stomach flu.
(d) His brother is home sick from school.
8. How does Jen's father react to how Luke answers his question about why he didn't stop Jen from going to the rally?
(a) He glares at him.
(b) He passes out.
(c) He gives him a tiny smile.
(d) He begins to cry.
9. How many kids does Jen really think will show up at her rally?
(b) All of them.
(c) Half of them.
(d) A few of them.
10. What do Jen and Luke do while he's at her house in Chapter 21?
(a) Read books and eat chips.
(b) Watch TV.
(c) Play board games and bake cookies.
(d) Play video games.
11. How is Jen able to check outside for Luke's signal without being seen every day?
(a) She very carefully picks out the window.
(b) She has mirrors placed by each of the doors and windows of her home.
(c) She uses a special camera.
(d) She uses binoculars.
12. Why is Jen upset with the other children in the online chat room in Chapter 20?
(a) They are discussing using fake I.D.s.
(b) They told her she was crazy.
(c) They are scared to come out of hiding.
(d) They don't want to come to her rally.
13. In Chapter 17, how many days does Luke wait for another opportunity to sneak over to Jen's house?
(a) Three days.
(b) Six days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Two days.
14. Why is the Government forbidding Luke's dad from doing a particular thing in Chapter 21?
(a) He is forbidden to leave the house because he's been using too much gasoline.
(b) They want him to collect the chickens eggs.
(c) Hydroponics is outlawed because it has been used to grow illegal drugs in the past.
(d) They don't want the value of the new homes to go down by his cutting down trees.
15. What word does Jen use as a password for her online chat room?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jen do every time she sees Luke?
2. What does Jen call Luke for not wanting to go to the rally?
3. In Chapter 17, what does Jen tell Luke that her mother dragged her out to go do?
4. What is so shocking about Jen's parents having a third child?
5. Why does Jen believe there are not enough babies being born anymore?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)