|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jen's father put him hand over Luke's mouth after the Population Police leave?
(a) The police have planted listening devices in the house and one on Jen's father.
(b) He wants to make sure the police are completely gone.
(c) He doesn't want him to scream.
(d) He wants Luke to listen to him before he talks.
2. Why was Jen's father able to take Jen's body?
(a) Because he paid them lots of money.
(b) Because he begged them for it.
(c) He wasn't, he stole her body.
(d) Because he's a Government official.
3. Jen's father explains that he only works at the Population Police headquarters; he does not agree with what they do. What does he try to do while he's at work?
(a) Spy for the resistance against the Population Police.
(b) Try to ignore what's going on.
(c) Sabotage them as much as he can.
(d) Save third children.
4. What kind of Government does Jen's father say they have?
(a) A tyranny.
(b) A monarchism government.
(c) A totalitarian government.
(d) An authoritarianism government.
5. Jen sends Luke home with a bunch of books. What is the name of the book Luke struggles to read?
(a) The Population Crisis.
(b) The Population Disasters.
(c) The Food Crisis.
(d) The Food Disasters.
6. What type of people does Luke tell Jen change the world?
(a) Smart people.
(b) Brave people.
(c) Rich people.
(d) Poor people.
7. On what day does Jen finally answer Luke's signal?
(a) Sixth day.
(b) Fourth day.
(c) Tenth day.
(d) Fifth day.
8. How was Jen's mom able to take her shopping with her?
(a) She just does not worry about being caught.
(b) She has her dress up as a boy.
(c) The back seat of their family car is hollowed out.
(d) They bribe the police with money if they are questioned.
9. In Chapter 17, how many days does Luke wait for another opportunity to sneak over to Jen's house?
(a) Five days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Six days.
10. How many times has Jen's mom been married?
11. What does Jen call Luke for not wanting to go to the rally?
(a) A coward.
(b) A scaredy cat.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A baby.
12. Why does Luke go stir crazy in his house the first few weeks of April?
(a) It's snowing.
(b) His brothers have school off for Spring Break.
(c) It's rainy.
(d) His father is home every day.
13. What word does Jen use as a password for her online chat room?
14. What time of day does Jen promise to check outside everyday for Luke's signal?
(a) 9:00 AM.
(b) 8:00 AM.
(c) 10:00 AM.
(d) 12:00 PM.
15. How many kids does Jen really think will show up at her rally?
(a) A few of them.
(b) All of them.
(d) Half of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jen confident the Government will not find out about her online chat room?
2. What does Luke suggest that his mother do in Chapter 25?
3. What signal have Jen and Luke decided upon so Luke will know when it's okay to come and visit her again?
4. In Chapter 18, what is Jen's chat room friend complaining about online?
5. What are the names of Jen's chat room friends that Luke is introduced to in Chapter 18?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)