|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day does Jen promise to check outside everyday for Luke's signal?
(a) 8:00 AM.
(b) 9:00 AM.
(c) 12:00 PM.
(d) 10:00 AM.
2. After Jen's father demands to know why Luke didn't stop Jen from going to the rally, how does Luke respond?
(a) He says, "That's like trying to stop the sun."
(b) He says, "How do you stop a bird from flying?"
(c) He says, "I would never stop Jen from doing anything."
(d) He says, "That would be impossible."
3. In Chapter 17, how many days does Luke wait for another opportunity to sneak over to Jen's house?
(a) Three days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Six days.
4. What does Jen's father offer to do for Luke in Chapter 27?
(a) Take him into their family.
(b) Get him a fake I.D.
(c) Let Luke see Jen's body.
(d) Give Luke's family some money.
5. What does Luke learn about from the books that Jen has given him that he mentions to his dad?
(a) Growing food indoors.
(b) Canning food.
(c) Neighbors sharing food.
(d) Using spoiled food to feed the animals.
6. How many times does Luke visit Jen in February?
(b) Three times.
(c) Five times.
7. What does Jen use that allows her to go shopping?
(a) A forged shopping pass.
(b) A wig and some sunglasses.
(c) A fake I.D.
(d) A gun.
8. Why can't Luke signal Jen on the first day after he meets her?
(a) His mom stays home from work sick.
(b) A Government inspector shows up to examine the Garner crops.
(c) His brothers have the day off from school.
(d) It's a national holiday.
9. How did Jen's father know that Luke was in his house?
(a) He heard him breaking in.
(b) He just had carmeras installed.
(c) He gets notified whenever the alarm goes off, even if the alarm is cancelled.
(d) He got a phone call from another neighbor.
10. Why was Jen's father able to take Jen's body?
(a) Because he's a Government official.
(b) Because he begged them for it.
(c) He wasn't, he stole her body.
(d) Because he paid them lots of money.
11. Why does Luke watch Jen's house obsessively for the days after the rally?
(a) Signs of her.
(c) Signs of anyone in her family.
12. How many times has Jen's mom been married?
13. What does Jen's father tell the Population Police he was doing on his computer?
(a) He tells them it's none of their business.
(b) Using a search engine and he accidentally came upon this chat room.
(c) Trying to find out who had used his computer illegally.
(d) That he is working a sting operation in the chat room, hoping to find other shadow children.
14. What has Jen been using her visits with Luke for?
(a) A break in her tedious life.
(b) Research for how other third children live.
(c) Breaks from planning her rally.
(d) An excuse to get to know a boy.
15. What amazes Jen about Luke's family in Chapter 16?
(a) That they make Luke eat on the attic stairs.
(b) That they won't let Luke outside.
(c) That they believe in the Government's propaganda.
(d) That they are so terrified of the Population Police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jen do every time she sees Luke?
2. How is Jen able to check outside for Luke's signal without being seen every day?
3. What does Jen call Luke for not wanting to go to the rally?
4. After the kids at the rally were killed, where did their blood run into?
5. How old was Jen when she began using her family's computer?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)