|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jen's father tell the Population Police he was doing on his computer?
(a) Trying to find out who had used his computer illegally.
(b) He tells them it's none of their business.
(c) That he is working a sting operation in the chat room, hoping to find other shadow children.
(d) Using a search engine and he accidentally came upon this chat room.
2. In Chapter 17, how many days does Luke wait for another opportunity to sneak over to Jen's house?
(a) Three days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Six days.
3. What does Jen's father have pointed at Luke when he discovers him in his house?
(a) A knife.
(b) A bat.
(c) A gun.
(d) A can of mace.
4. What is so shocking about Jen's parents having a third child?
(a) Jen's parents wanted another boy but realized having a girl would be fun too.
(b) They broke the law on purpose to have her, and Jen's dad is a Government employee.
(c) She was actually a fourth child, but her older sister died.
(d) Her parents didn't want to have her but felt too guilty to terminate the pregnancy.
5. Why did the Government make it illegal to have pets?
(a) They believe animals are only for eating.
(b) The food shortage.
(c) An epidemic of lice.
(d) Because of the diseases they may carry.
6. What does Luke agonize over the three days after he refuses to go with Jen to the rally?
(a) Stopping her or turning her in to the authorities.
(b) Going with her or turning her in to the authorities.
(c) Telling her parents or telling his parents.
(d) Going with her or stopping her.
7. Why does Jen's father believe that the government intentionally keeps people hovering around the poverty level?
(a) People will work harder if they are hungry.
(b) People will work harder if they are desperate.
(c) People will work harder if they are scared.
(d) People will work harder when their existence is on the line.
8. How does Luke answer Jen's question about his brothers in Chapter 21?
(a) His brothers have never locked him in his room.
(b) His brothers do play with him occasionally.
(c) He is sure his brothers would never betray him.
(d) His brothers have never physically hurt him.
9. What are the names of Jen's chat room friends that Luke is introduced to in Chapter 18?
(a) Yolanda, Shannon, and Carmen.
(b) Sean, Patrick, and Yolanda.
(c) Mary, Carlos, and Sean.
(d) Carlos, Yolanda, and Sean.
10. On what day does Jen finally answer Luke's signal?
(a) Tenth day.
(b) Sixth day.
(c) Fourth day.
(d) Fifth day.
11. What does Jen plan on doing at the rally she is organizing?
(a) She and hundreds of shadow children are going to march on the Presiden't house.
(b) She and hundreds of shadow children are going to throw stones at the town square.
(c) She and hundreds of shadow children are going to torch the President's house.
(d) She and hundreds of shadow children are going to hold a sit-in at the townsquare.
12. What does Jen call Luke for not wanting to go to the rally?
(a) A scaredy cat.
(b) A coward.
(c) A baby.
(d) A chicken.
13. What does Jen use that allows her to go shopping?
(a) A fake I.D.
(b) A gun.
(c) A forged shopping pass.
(d) A wig and some sunglasses.
14. How was Jen killed at the rally?
(a) She was shot.
(b) She was lit on fire.
(c) She was stabbed.
(d) She was hung.
15. How does Jen's father react to how Luke answers his question about why he didn't stop Jen from going to the rally?
(a) He gives him a tiny smile.
(b) He passes out.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He glares at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jen ask Luke about his brothers in Chapter 21?
2. What time of day does Jen promise to check outside everyday for Luke's signal?
3. What word does Jen use as a password for her online chat room?
4. Why is Jen upset with the other children in the online chat room in Chapter 20?
5. When Jen was younger, where did her mom take her to meet other third children?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)