|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of Government does Jen's father say they have?
(a) A totalitarian government.
(b) A tyranny.
(c) An authoritarianism government.
(d) A monarchism government.
2. What does Luke have to do after he breaks into Jen's house in Chapter 26?
(a) Disable the alarm using the code Jen taught him.
(b) Turn off all the lights.
(c) Break the alarm.
(d) Search it to make sure it's empty.
3. What does Luke sneak into the kitchen for the day of the rally?
(a) To look out the window.
(b) To bake some bread.
(c) To make a sandwich.
(d) To listen to the radio.
4. What signal have Jen and Luke decided upon so Luke will know when it's okay to come and visit her again?
(a) If Luke can come over he will tie a ribbon on his back doorknob.
(b) If Luke can come over he will flash a light to Jen.
(c) If Luke can come over he will turn on his back porch light.
(d) If Luke can come over he will pull up his kitchen shade an inch.
5. Why does Luke log on to Jen's computer after he breaks into her house?
(a) To find someone to help him escape.
(b) To find out if anyone knows where Jen is.
(c) To find out where the other third kids are hiding.
(d) To see how the rally went.
6. How many times does Luke visit Jen in March?
(a) Three times.
(b) Five times.
7. Luke learns that Jen was killed at the rally, how does he react?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He starts screaming.
(d) He's shocked.
8. Whose voice does Luke hear in his room the night Jen and the other kids leave for the rally?
(c) His mom's.
(d) His dad's.
9. What has Jen been using her visits with Luke for?
(a) Breaks from planning her rally.
(b) A break in her tedious life.
(c) An excuse to get to know a boy.
(d) Research for how other third children live.
10. What does Luke agonize over the three days after he refuses to go with Jen to the rally?
(a) Going with her or turning her in to the authorities.
(b) Stopping her or turning her in to the authorities.
(c) Going with her or stopping her.
(d) Telling her parents or telling his parents.
11. What does Luke learn about from the books that Jen has given him that he mentions to his dad?
(a) Neighbors sharing food.
(b) Using spoiled food to feed the animals.
(c) Canning food.
(d) Growing food indoors.
12. What is Jen shocked to hear that Luke and his family eat, that even her family can't eat?
13. Luke asks Jen's father why he wants to help him; how does he respond?
(a) He's doing it for Jen.
(b) He likes helping people.
(c) He likes Luke.
(d) He wants to help all shadow children.
14. Why has Jen's death been especially hard for her family?
(a) They've had to burn everything that was Jen's.
(b) They've had to go about their business without the luxury of mourning Jen.
(c) They couldn't have a funeral for her.
(d) They were each whipped ten times for keeping her a secret.
15. What does Jen plan on doing at the rally she is organizing?
(a) She and hundreds of shadow children are going to torch the President's house.
(b) She and hundreds of shadow children are going to march on the Presiden't house.
(c) She and hundreds of shadow children are going to hold a sit-in at the townsquare.
(d) She and hundreds of shadow children are going to throw stones at the town square.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Luke go stir crazy in his house the first few weeks of April?
2. How does Luke answer Jen's question about his brothers in Chapter 21?
3. What type of people does Luke tell Jen change the world?
4. Luke finally signals Jen on the third day after he meets her; what happens?
5. Where will Luke now be living with his new name and identity?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)