|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jen's dad thrust Luke into when the Population Police pound on his front door?
(a) Under the bed.
(b) The closet.
(c) Behind the sofa.
(d) A wooden chest.
2. How many kids does Jen really think will show up at her rally?
(a) All of them.
(b) Half of them.
(c) A few of them.
3. What does Luke's mom think of his suggestion to her in Chapter 25?
(a) She thinks it's a great idea and asks him what kind of cake he'd like her to make.
(b) She really thinks it would be nice to work somewhere else.
(c) She can't take a day off because she needs the money.
(d) She doesn't see why they'd want a visit from her since they are rich.
4. Jen's father informs Luke that he is now in danger too. Why is Luke in danger?
(a) The chat room he just logged into has been monitored by Government officials since the rally.
(b) The Government really can see through computer screens, and they saw Luke.
(c) Jen's house is being watched by the Population Police.
(d) Jen's father had called the police before he realized who Luke was.
5. How does Jen plan on getting to the rally that she has planned?
(a) She's going to hitchhike.
(b) She's going to ride her bike.
(c) She's going to drive one of her parent's cars.
(d) She's going to take the bus.
6. What is so shocking about Jen's parents having a third child?
(a) They broke the law on purpose to have her, and Jen's dad is a Government employee.
(b) She was actually a fourth child, but her older sister died.
(c) Jen's parents wanted another boy but realized having a girl would be fun too.
(d) Her parents didn't want to have her but felt too guilty to terminate the pregnancy.
7. What did Jen do to make sure no policemen stop her on her way to the rally?
(a) She hacked into the police database and arranged to give several policemen vacation days.
(b) She has devised a special route where no policemen patrol.
(c) She is going to dress up like one of her brothers.
(d) She bribed several police officers.
8. Why does Luke watch Jen's house obsessively for the days after the rally?
(b) Signs of her.
(d) Signs of anyone in her family.
9. Why did the Government make it illegal to have pets?
(a) They believe animals are only for eating.
(b) The food shortage.
(c) An epidemic of lice.
(d) Because of the diseases they may carry.
10. How is Jen able to check outside for Luke's signal without being seen every day?
(a) She uses binoculars.
(b) She uses a special camera.
(c) She very carefully picks out the window.
(d) She has mirrors placed by each of the doors and windows of her home.
11. What does Jen call Luke for not wanting to go to the rally?
(a) A scaredy cat.
(b) A coward.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A baby.
12. What does Luke get up at dawn to clean in Chapter 25?
(a) The family room.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) Muddy footprints.
(d) His room.
13. After Jen's father demands to know why Luke didn't stop Jen from going to the rally, how does Luke respond?
(a) He says, "That's like trying to stop the sun."
(b) He says, "How do you stop a bird from flying?"
(c) He says, "I would never stop Jen from doing anything."
(d) He says, "That would be impossible."
14. Why does Luke go stir crazy in his house the first few weeks of April?
(a) It's rainy.
(b) It's snowing.
(c) His father is home every day.
(d) His brothers have school off for Spring Break.
15. Why is Jen upset with the other children in the online chat room in Chapter 20?
(a) They don't want to come to her rally.
(b) They are scared to come out of hiding.
(c) They told her she was crazy.
(d) They are discussing using fake I.D.s.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Jen's mom able to take her shopping with her?
2. Why can't Luke signal Jen on the first day after he meets her?
3. What does Jen's father tell the Population Police he was doing on his computer?
4. Where will Luke now be living with his new name and identity?
5. How did Jen feel about her father working at the Population Police headquarters?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)