|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what does Jen tell Luke that her mother dragged her out to go do?
(a) Grocery shopping.
(b) Shopping at the mall.
(c) Shopping for flowers.
(d) Jewelry shopping.
2. How did Jen's father know that Luke was in his house?
(a) He just had carmeras installed.
(b) He gets notified whenever the alarm goes off, even if the alarm is cancelled.
(c) He heard him breaking in.
(d) He got a phone call from another neighbor.
3. What kind of Government does Jen's father say they have?
(a) A totalitarian government.
(b) A monarchism government.
(c) A tyranny.
(d) An authoritarianism government.
4. Why does Luke's mother think he's sick in Chapter 23?
(a) He's coughing.
(b) He's very hot.
(c) Because he's pale.
(d) His nose is running and his eyes are red.
5. In Chapter 17, how many days does Luke wait for another opportunity to sneak over to Jen's house?
(a) Three days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Six days.
6. Why does Luke log on to Jen's computer after he breaks into her house?
(a) To find out if anyone knows where Jen is.
(b) To find someone to help him escape.
(c) To find out where the other third kids are hiding.
(d) To see how the rally went.
7. What do Jen and Luke do while he's at her house in Chapter 21?
(a) Read books and eat chips.
(b) Play video games.
(c) Watch TV.
(d) Play board games and bake cookies.
8. What does Jen call Luke for not wanting to go to the rally?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A coward.
(c) A baby.
(d) A scaredy cat.
9. What does the Government spend a great deal of money trying to convince people?
(a) That having a third child means you're a bad citizen.
(b) That they have people patrolling to see houses with window shades down all the time.
(c) That they can monitor television and computer screens.
(d) That their whole family will be killed if a third child is found.
10. After Jen's father demands to know why Luke didn't stop Jen from going to the rally, how does Luke respond?
(a) He says, "How do you stop a bird from flying?"
(b) He says, "That would be impossible."
(c) He says, "That's like trying to stop the sun."
(d) He says, "I would never stop Jen from doing anything."
11. Why does Jen believe there are not enough babies being born anymore?
(a) People are scared that they'll have multiples.
(b) Because of the Government's propaganda campaign against pregnancy.
(c) Most women are infertile.
(d) Because there's not enough food.
12. What does Jen's father offer to do for Luke in Chapter 27?
(a) Take him into their family.
(b) Give Luke's family some money.
(c) Let Luke see Jen's body.
(d) Get him a fake I.D.
13. What does Jen's father have pointed at Luke when he discovers him in his house?
(a) A bat.
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A can of mace.
14. After the kids at the rally were killed, where did their blood run into?
(a) The Presiden't driveway.
(b) The President's vegetable garden.
(c) The President's lawn.
(d) The President's rosebushes.
15. What does Luke say when Jen's father asks how Luke found out about Jen?
(a) He explains how she had reached out to him and found him.
(b) He explains how he met her online.
(c) Luke explains he only guessed after seeing lights on in the house when it was supposed to be empty.
(d) He explains how he saw Jen's face in the window briefly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jen's father react after Luke explains how he found out about Jen?
2. Luke finally signals Jen on the third day after he meets her; what happens?
3. In Chapter 21, Luke's Dad gets a letter from the Government. What do they forbid him from doing?
4. What does Jen do every time she sees Luke?
5. How many times has Jen's mom been married?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)