|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Luke's mother think he's sick in Chapter 23?
(a) He's very hot.
(b) Because he's pale.
(c) His nose is running and his eyes are red.
(d) He's coughing.
2. How does Jen's father react after Luke explains how he found out about Jen?
(a) He acts ashamed.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He's embarrassed.
(d) He gets angry.
3. What does Luke agonize over the three days after he refuses to go with Jen to the rally?
(a) Stopping her or turning her in to the authorities.
(b) Telling her parents or telling his parents.
(c) Going with her or turning her in to the authorities.
(d) Going with her or stopping her.
4. What kind of Government does Jen's father say they have?
(a) A totalitarian government.
(b) A monarchism government.
(c) A tyranny.
(d) An authoritarianism government.
5. Why does Luke watch Jen's house obsessively for the days after the rally?
(a) Signs of her.
(b) Signs of anyone in her family.
6. How did Jen feel about her father working at the Population Police headquarters?
(a) She hated it.
(b) She was embarrassed about it.
(c) She liked it.
(d) She didn't understand.
7. What time of day does Jen promise to check outside everyday for Luke's signal?
(a) 10:00 AM.
(b) 9:00 AM.
(c) 8:00 AM.
(d) 12:00 PM.
8. Luke learns that Jen was killed at the rally, how does he react?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He's shocked.
(c) He starts screaming.
(d) He begins to cry.
9. What does Jen call Luke for not wanting to go to the rally?
(a) A coward.
(b) A scaredy cat.
(c) A baby.
(d) A chicken.
10. Why was Jen's father able to take Jen's body?
(a) Because he's a Government official.
(b) Because he begged them for it.
(c) Because he paid them lots of money.
(d) He wasn't, he stole her body.
11. Why does Jen's father believe that the government intentionally keeps people hovering around the poverty level?
(a) People will work harder if they are scared.
(b) People will work harder if they are desperate.
(c) People will work harder when their existence is on the line.
(d) People will work harder if they are hungry.
12. In Chapter 18, what is Jen's chat room friend complaining about online?
(a) His parents refuse to allow him downstairs into the family room.
(b) His parents refuse to buy him any extra food to eat.
(c) His parents refuse to waste money running the air-conditioning during the day, even though it's 105 outside.
(d) His parents refuse to buy him any new books to read.
13. Why does Jen's father put him hand over Luke's mouth after the Population Police leave?
(a) He wants Luke to listen to him before he talks.
(b) The police have planted listening devices in the house and one on Jen's father.
(c) He wants to make sure the police are completely gone.
(d) He doesn't want him to scream.
14. What brave thing does Jen do for Luke at the end of Chapter 16 that amazes Luke?
(a) She promises not to tell anyone about Luke.
(b) She tells her family about Luke.
(c) Luke cuts his leg at her house and blood and drops on the carpet, so Jen cuts her leg to show her parents.
(d) Luke cuts his hand at her house and blood and drips on the carpet, so Jen cuts her hand to show her parents.
15. What did Jen do to make sure no policemen stop her on her way to the rally?
(a) She hacked into the police database and arranged to give several policemen vacation days.
(b) She has devised a special route where no policemen patrol.
(c) She bribed several police officers.
(d) She is going to dress up like one of her brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Luke now be living with his new name and identity?
2. When Jen was younger, where did her mom take her to meet other third children?
3. Why does Luke go stir crazy in his house the first few weeks of April?
4. Jen's father informs Luke that he is now in danger too. Why is Luke in danger?
5. What does Luke learn about from the books that Jen has given him that he mentions to his dad?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)