|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke's Dad slip quietly to Luke every day around noon?
(a) Some vegetables.
(b) A couple cookies.
(c) Two sandwiches.
2. What does Luke's mother say is the reason she became pregnant with him?
(a) It was an accident but they wanted him very much.
(b) They were forced to get pregnant.
(c) It was an accident and they were very upset about it.
(d) They planned to get pregnant.
3. What event does Luke recall that made him realize his brothers have never had to hide like him?
(a) Mark's birthday party.
(b) His father's birthday party.
(c) His mother's birthday party.
(d) Matthew's birthday party.
4. How do the people moving next to Luke's family's home dress?
5. In Chapter 5, what does the letter from the Government tell Luke's father to get rid of?
(a) Their sheep.
(b) Their cows.
(c) Their hogs.
(d) Their horses.
6. What does Luke notice the house with the third child sometimes leaves open?
(a) The sliding glass door.
(b) The kitchen windown.
(c) The back door.
(d) The front door.
7. What does Luke notice on his 13th day of watching the house where he saw the child's face?
(a) On a very hot day, the blinds are down, but the family leaves their windows open.
(b) He hears music coming from the house in the middle of the day.
(c) He glimpses the child's face again.
(d) He can spy the outline of a third child at the dinner table.
8. What does Luke's father get angry with him for asking about in Chapter 1?
(a) For asking if he'll be able to look out the windows when people move into the new houses.
(b) For asking for seconds at dinner.
(c) For asking when he'll be able to go outside again.
(d) For asking about why he must sleep in the attic.
9. What does Luke call the new family that has a row of birdhouses in their backyard?
(a) The Chirpy family.
(b) The Birdy family.
(c) The Bird bath family.
(d) The Birdbrain family.
10. What does the female third child tell Luke she does sometimes just for fun?
(a) Turn the music up really loud and sing along.
(b) Run around outside at night.
(c) Set off the house alarm.
(d) Play with fire.
11. How does Jen say her dad would react if he knew she'd been looking out the window?
(a) He would beat her.
(b) He would cry.
(c) He would laugh.
(d) He would be furious.
12. What is Luke delighted to find after his whole family leaves in a hurry in Chapter 8?
(a) A freshly baked cake.
(b) A big slab of butter for his toast.
(c) The kitchen window shade is down.
(d) The kitchen windown shade is up.
13. Why doesn't Luke protest about not being able to eat at the kitchen table anymore?
(a) He knows they will not listen to him.
(b) He knows he will only get himself in more trouble.
(c) He is too upset.
(d) He knows his family is only trying to protect him.
14. What does Mark offer to play a game of with Luke to cheer him up after barging into his room?
15. What is Luke's favorite part of his day?
(a) When his brothers come to play checkers with him.
(b) When his mother comes up to tuck him into bed.
(c) In the morning when he can watch the new houses.
(d) When his dad comes home for lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl, who's a third child like Luke, do that shocks him?
2. Luke punches his hand through the screen door of the third child's house, what happens when he enters the house?
3. After Jen tells Luke in Chapter 15 that he has come to the right place and to forget that hiding-like-a-mole stuff, what does she tell him that she is?
4. What name do Luke's Mom and Dad call the new residents that will be living next to them?
5. What time of the day is it when Luke sees the blinds flip up and down quickly in an upstairs window of one of the new houses?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)