|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since not being able to eat breakfast with the whole family, why doesn't Luke ask for butter for his toast anymore?
(a) He doesn't like butter anymore.
(b) Someone would have to pretend they forgot something in order to safely pass him the butter dish.
(c) He will get yelled at for being a nusiance.
(d) His mom gives him jam now.
2. What does the girl, whose house Luke broke into, say about the Government monitoring phone calls?
(a) They are too stupid to notice anything.
(b) Her parents are too rich for the Government to bother.
(c) They have bigger problems to worry about.
(d) They are understaffed and too incompetent to do a good job monitoring phone calls.
3. It's harvest time and the family is working harder than ever, what does Luke's mom make sure to leave him every day?
(a) Some new video games.
(b) A new pile of books.
(c) A supply of food.
(d) A jug of water.
4. Why has Luke been banned from using the telephone?
(a) He tries to call his dad at work too much.
(b) He likes to call random people and hang up.
(c) He always talks too long.
(d) The Government has the technology to trace a call and can even verify the caller's identity.
5. Who had bet Jen that she didn't know what the weather was like outside?
6. What does the female third child tell Luke she does sometimes just for fun?
(a) Play with fire.
(b) Set off the house alarm.
(c) Run around outside at night.
(d) Turn the music up really loud and sing along.
7. How many residents does Luke watch leave their houses before he sneaks over the the third child's house?
8. What is Luke's favorite part of his day?
(a) When his brothers come to play checkers with him.
(b) When his mother comes up to tuck him into bed.
(c) When his dad comes home for lunch.
(d) In the morning when he can watch the new houses.
9. What amazes Jen about Luke in Chapter 15?
(a) That he has never seen a girl before.
(b) That he had the guts to sneak over to her house.
(c) That he is crying.
(d) That he has never met anybody outside of his parents and brothers.
10. What can Luke not stop thinking about, so much so that he can't even concentrate on playing with his favorite toy?
(a) The new girl down the road.
(b) His father.
(c) The outdoors.
(d) His mother.
11. Why do Luke's brothers make fun of the bread he made?
(a) It's lopsided and lumpy.
(b) It's burnt.
(c) It's a funny color.
(d) It's doughy.
12. What does Jen do when Luke asks her questions about that day he saw her?
(a) She answers him.
(b) She waves the questions away.
(c) She laughs at him.
(d) She slaps his face.
13. What event does Luke recall that made him realize his brothers have never had to hide like him?
(a) His father's birthday party.
(b) Mark's birthday party.
(c) Matthew's birthday party.
(d) His mother's birthday party.
14. While sitting on the attic step, after how many weeks does Luke finally give up trying to keep up with his family's conversation at meal times?
(a) One week.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three weeks.
15. What does Dad say is the reason for the tax increase on their property?
(a) They have been suspected to be harboring a third child.
(b) The new houses next door have raised the property value of their home.
(c) The government is in financial trouble.
(d) He wouldn't sell anymore of their farmland, so he is being punished.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the female third child apologize to Luke for after she sees him staring at the door as if he means to make a run for it?
2. How does Luke feel about the new houses being built next to his home?
3. How big are the houses being built next to Luke's home?
4. Why does the girl who pinned Luke down after entering her house let him go?
5. What did Luke's mother and father see on TV while pregnant that scared them?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)