|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Luke's Mother hide her pregnancy from?
(a) Everyone, even her own mother and sisters.
(b) A few of her friends.
(c) Her brothers.
(d) Her father and sisters.
2. What does Luke's Dad do every day at lunchtime?
(a) Reads a book while eating what his wife left him for lunch.
(b) Sits and chats with Luke while they eat lunch.
(c) Watches television and eats take-out.
(d) Turns on the radio and eats lunch.
3. After Jen tells Luke in Chapter 15 that he has come to the right place and to forget that hiding-like-a-mole stuff, what does she tell him that she is?
(a) His lucky day.
(b) His ticket out.
(c) His savior.
(d) His new best friend.
4. What is Luke's favorite part of his day?
(a) When his brothers come to play checkers with him.
(b) In the morning when he can watch the new houses.
(c) When his dad comes home for lunch.
(d) When his mother comes up to tuck him into bed.
5. After Mark leaves Luke's room, what does Luke notice light pouring out of in his room?
(a) The ventilation shafts.
(b) A small hole in the wall.
(c) Two tiny windows.
(d) A drain.
6. After Luke tells Jen how he found out about her, what is Jen stunned to hear about Luke?
(a) That his parents make him eat breakfast on the stairs.
(b) That his dad yelled at him for cleaning the house and baking bread.
(c) That his brothers tease him about being a third child.
(d) That he has never left his own property and he has been trapped in his house for months.
7. Why is Luke's Dad furious with him in Chapter 8?
(a) He catches Luke downstairs in the middle of the day.
(b) He catches Luke singing loudly.
(c) He catches Luke looking out the windows.
(d) He catches Luke outside.
8. What do Matthew and Mark do while Mom is at work and Dad is fixing the machinery?
(a) Take care of the animals and yard.
(b) Harvest the fields.
(c) They are in school.
(d) Plow the fields.
9. What time does Luke notice all the new houses are empty by?
(a) 7:30 AM.
(b) 9:00 AM.
(c) 8:00 AM.
(d) 8:30 AM.
10. Luke begins watching the house where he saw the child's face constantly, on which day of his vigil does he see the blinds flip up and down quickly in an upstairs window?
(a) Third day.
(b) Second day.
(c) Fifth day.
(d) Fourth day.
11. What are Luke's favorite types of books to read?
(a) Science Fiction.
12. What has Luke been taught all his life to fear?
(b) Open spaces.
(d) Other children.
13. What time does Luke's Mom have to be at the factory every day?
(a) 9:00 AM.
(b) 6:00 AM.
(c) 8:00 AM.
(d) 7:00 AM.
14. Why are the new residents that will be living next to Luke called a special name?
(a) They are really rich people.
(b) They are famous.
(c) They are gangsters.
(d) They are of royal blood.
15. Why do Luke's brothers make fun of the bread he made?
(a) It's burnt.
(b) It's doughy.
(c) It's a funny color.
(d) It's lopsided and lumpy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jen say that she looked out the window the day Luke saw her?
2. Who does Luke recall showing up, surprisingly, at his family's home years ago, begging for food?
3. What event does Luke recall that made him realize his brothers have never had to hide like him?
4. Who is going to be living in the new houses being built next to Luke's home?
5. What amazes Jen about Luke in Chapter 15?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)