|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name do Luke's Mom and Dad call the new residents that will be living next to them?
2. What does the girl, who's a third child like Luke, do that shocks him?
(a) She picks up the phone to call her dad.
(b) She kicks Luke.
(c) She gives Luke a big hug.
(d) She picks up the phone to call her mom.
3. What does Mother do when she opens the tax bill?
(a) She begins to weep over it.
(b) She tears it to pieces.
(c) She is so startled she drops it.
(d) She clutches it to her chest.
4. Luke realizes his home is not a sanctuary but a ___________.
(c) Hide out.
(d) Black hole.
5. Luke begins watching the house where he saw the child's face constantly, on which day of his vigil does he see the blinds flip up and down quickly in an upstairs window?
(a) Fifth day.
(b) Second day.
(c) Fourth day.
(d) Third day.
6. What do Luke's brothers, Matthew and Mark, complain that they will have to do since Luke is not allowed outside anymore?
(a) All of his chores.
(b) Taking out the garbage.
(c) The laundry.
(d) The fishing.
7. What does Luke's Dad slip quietly to Luke every day around noon?
(a) A couple cookies.
(c) Two sandwiches.
(d) Some vegetables.
8. What does Luke call the new family that has a row of birdhouses in their backyard?
(a) The Bird bath family.
(b) The Birdbrain family.
(c) The Birdy family.
(d) The Chirpy family.
9. How much more money is the tax bill from previous years?
(a) Three times the usual amount.
(b) Two times the usual amount.
(c) Five times the usual amount.
(d) Four times the usual amount.
10. What does Jen do when Luke asks her questions about that day he saw her?
(a) She waves the questions away.
(b) She answers him.
(c) She slaps his face.
(d) She laughs at him.
11. What does Luke get up at dawn to watch every morning?
(a) The animals out his window.
(b) The work on the new houses.
(c) His family eat breakfast.
(d) The sun rise.
12. Luke punches his hand through the screen door of the third child's house, what happens when he enters the house?
(a) He walks quietly inside and explores the house.
(b) He sets off the alarm.
(c) He gets stuck trying to get through the screen door.
(d) He's attacked by a dog.
13. Who did Luke's Mother hide her pregnancy from?
(a) Her brothers.
(b) A few of her friends.
(c) Everyone, even her own mother and sisters.
(d) Her father and sisters.
14. The books Luke reads that are his fathers, what are they about?
(a) Countryside grasses and pig diseases.
(b) Monster trucks.
15. What is Luke delighted to find after his whole family leaves in a hurry in Chapter 8?
(a) A freshly baked cake.
(b) The kitchen window shade is down.
(c) The kitchen windown shade is up.
(d) A big slab of butter for his toast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Luke's favorite types of books to read?
2. What is Luke playing with in Chapter 3 that had once been his favorite toy?
3. Since the woods near his home were torn down, how many months has Luke been trapped inside his house?
4. After Jen tells Luke in Chapter 15 that he has come to the right place and to forget that hiding-like-a-mole stuff, what does she tell him that she is?
5. What are some of the orders Luke recalls the Government giving his family in the past?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)