|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Luke's favorite part of his day?
(a) When his dad comes home for lunch.
(b) When his brothers come to play checkers with him.
(c) When his mother comes up to tuck him into bed.
(d) In the morning when he can watch the new houses.
2. The female third child introduces herself as Jennifer Rose Talbot; who does she say is usually very jumpy people?
(a) Unwanted kids.
(b) Forgotten kids.
(c) Shadow kids.
(d) Third kids.
3. How many residents does Luke watch leave their houses before he sneaks over the the third child's house?
4. What does the girl, who's a third child like Luke, do that shocks him?
(a) She picks up the phone to call her dad.
(b) She gives Luke a big hug.
(c) She kicks Luke.
(d) She picks up the phone to call her mom.
5. Who did Luke's Mother hide her pregnancy from?
(a) Her father and sisters.
(b) Everyone, even her own mother and sisters.
(c) Her brothers.
(d) A few of her friends.
6. What does Jen do when Luke asks her questions about that day he saw her?
(a) She answers him.
(b) She laughs at him.
(c) She waves the questions away.
(d) She slaps his face.
7. What new house does Luke spy a child looking out the window of after his dad banishes him from the kitchen?
(a) Big Car Family House.
(b) Birdbrain Family House.
(c) Sport's Family House.
(d) Gold Family House.
8. In Chapter 5, what does the letter from the Government tell Luke's father to get rid of?
(a) Their cows.
(b) Their horses.
(c) Their sheep.
(d) Their hogs.
9. Why does Luke's mother make him sit and eat his breakfast on the bottom step to the attic?
(a) The construction workers have started to wonder why the family's shades are always drawn.
(b) He is being punished for looking out the window.
(c) He has dirt on his shoes.
(d) He is not allowed anywhere else in the house.
10. What can Luke not stop thinking about, so much so that he can't even concentrate on playing with his favorite toy?
(a) The outdoors.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) The new girl down the road.
11. Who is going to be living in the new houses being built next to Luke's home?
(a) Government workers and other city folk.
(c) Miners and their families.
12. What are Luke's favorite types of books to read?
(a) Science Fiction.
13. What has gone down so low in price that the Luke's father and mother worry about how they will get by?
14. Who does Luke recall showing up, surprisingly, at his family's home years ago, begging for food?
(a) A little boy.
(b) A tramp.
(c) A pregnant woman.
(d) A little girl.
15. Why does Luke always pause at the bottom of the steps when he comes down for breakfast in the mornings?
(a) To make sure his father is away at work.
(b) To make sure his brothers have left for school.
(c) To make sure no visitors are inside the kitchen.
(d) To make sure everyone is awake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Luke feel about the new houses being built next to his home?
2. Why does Jen say that she looked out the window the day Luke saw her?
3. What time does Luke's Mom get home from work?
4. Why does the girl who pinned Luke down after entering her house let him go?
5. Who does Luke spy driving by the new houses while they are being built?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)