|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Luke's brothers make fun of the bread he made?
(a) It's doughy.
(b) It's burnt.
(c) It's lopsided and lumpy.
(d) It's a funny color.
2. The books Luke reads that are his fathers, what are they about?
(b) Monster trucks.
(c) Countryside grasses and pig diseases.
3. Why is Luke afraid he will never be allowed outside again?
(a) Because the woods are being cut down.
(b) Because he was seen by a stranger.
(c) Because he did not listen to his mother.
(d) Because he disobeyed his father.
4. Luke asks Jen how she is able to meet other people if she is a third child like him; what does Jen explain that her parents do?
(a) Trust only a select amount of people.
(b) Plead with people.
(c) Threaten people.
(d) Bribe people.
5. While the Garner family is eating dinner in Chapter 1, they hear tires on the gravel driveway. Where does Luke scramble off to?
(a) Under his parent's bed.
(b) Under the table.
(c) In the pantry.
(d) Upstairs to hide.
6. Who did Luke's Mother hide her pregnancy from?
(a) A few of her friends.
(b) Her father and sisters.
(c) Her brothers.
(d) Everyone, even her own mother and sisters.
7. Luke punches his hand through the screen door of the third child's house, what happens when he enters the house?
(a) He gets stuck trying to get through the screen door.
(b) He walks quietly inside and explores the house.
(c) He sets off the alarm.
(d) He's attacked by a dog.
8. What new house does Luke spy a child looking out the window of after his dad banishes him from the kitchen?
(a) Big Car Family House.
(b) Sport's Family House.
(c) Birdbrain Family House.
(d) Gold Family House.
9. What amazes Jen about Luke in Chapter 15?
(a) That he has never seen a girl before.
(b) That he has never met anybody outside of his parents and brothers.
(c) That he had the guts to sneak over to her house.
(d) That he is crying.
10. How does Jen say her dad would react if he knew she'd been looking out the window?
(a) He would be furious.
(b) He would beat her.
(c) He would laugh.
(d) He would cry.
11. While sitting on the attic step, after how many weeks does Luke finally give up trying to keep up with his family's conversation at meal times?
(a) One week.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
12. What has gone down so low in price that the Luke's father and mother worry about how they will get by?
13. How do the people moving next to Luke's family's home dress?
14. How many residents does Luke watch leave their houses before he sneaks over the the third child's house?
15. Who had bet Jen that she didn't know what the weather was like outside?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are some of the orders Luke recalls the Government giving his family in the past?
2. Why has Luke been banned from using the telephone?
3. Since not being able to eat breakfast with the whole family, why doesn't Luke ask for butter for his toast anymore?
4. Why does the girl who pinned Luke down after entering her house let him go?
5. What do Luke's parents tell him that the Government forced them to sell?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)