|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Luke's Mom get home from work?
(a) 5:30 PM.
(b) 6:00 PM.
(c) 7:00 PM.
(d) 6:30 PM.
2. What are Luke's favorite types of books to read?
(d) Science Fiction.
3. Why does Jen say that she looked out the window the day Luke saw her?
(a) She wanted to see if her brothers were home.
(b) She was looking for birds.
(c) She was trying to spy on the neighbors.
(d) She was checking that her mirrors were working properly.
4. While sitting on the attic step, after how many weeks does Luke finally give up trying to keep up with his family's conversation at meal times?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Four weeks.
5. How old was Luke when he finally realized that not all children had to hide from visitors?
6. What do Luke's brothers, Matthew and Mark, complain that they will have to do since Luke is not allowed outside anymore?
(a) The fishing.
(b) All of his chores.
(c) Taking out the garbage.
(d) The laundry.
7. Luke realizes his home is not a sanctuary but a ___________.
(a) Black hole.
(b) Hide out.
8. What does Luke notice the house with the third child sometimes leaves open?
(a) The front door.
(b) The back door.
(c) The kitchen windown.
(d) The sliding glass door.
9. What event does Luke recall that made him realize his brothers have never had to hide like him?
(a) His father's birthday party.
(b) Mark's birthday party.
(c) Matthew's birthday party.
(d) His mother's birthday party.
10. Why do Luke's brothers make fun of the bread he made?
(a) It's a funny color.
(b) It's doughy.
(c) It's burnt.
(d) It's lopsided and lumpy.
11. Who does Luke spy driving by the new houses while they are being built?
(a) His grandparents.
(b) People in expensive looking cars looking to buy the houses.
(c) People in cheap cars wishing they could buy the houses.
(d) Bus loads of people coming to look at the new houses.
12. What does Luke get up at dawn to watch every morning?
(a) The animals out his window.
(b) The work on the new houses.
(c) The sun rise.
(d) His family eat breakfast.
13. How does Luke feel about the new houses being built next to his home?
(a) He hates them.
(b) He is sad.
(c) He loves them.
(d) He is frustrated.
14. What do Matthew and Mark do while Mom is at work and Dad is fixing the machinery?
(a) Harvest the fields.
(b) Take care of the animals and yard.
(c) Plow the fields.
(d) They are in school.
15. In Chapter 5, what does the letter from the Government tell Luke's father to get rid of?
(a) Their horses.
(b) Their sheep.
(c) Their cows.
(d) Their hogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people moving next to Luke's family's home dress?
2. What does Luke tells his brother he put into the bread?
3. Why does Luke always pause at the bottom of the steps when he comes down for breakfast in the mornings?
4. What do Dad, Matthew, and Mark load up for slaughter at the beginning of Chapter 6?
5. Luke punches his hand through the screen door of the third child's house, what happens when he enters the house?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)