Short Answer Key
Chapters 1 - 5
1. After Luke's mother calls him to come into the house from the woods, what does Luke do for the first time in his life?
He does not obey right away.
2. What does Luke listen to while standing in the woods in Chapter 1?
The sound of falling trees in the distance.
3. Why is Luke afraid he will never be allowed outside again?
Because the woods are being cut down.
4. What do Luke's parents tell him that the Government forced them to sell?
The woods next to their house.
5. What are some of the orders Luke recalls the Government giving his family in the past?
Where to plant their corn and how much to charge for their crops.
6. Who is going to be living in the new houses being built next to Luke's home?
Government workers and other city...
This section contains 3,627 words|
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)