|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26 - 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke notice on his 13th day of watching the house where he saw the child's face?
(a) He can spy the outline of a third child at the dinner table.
(b) He hears music coming from the house in the middle of the day.
(c) On a very hot day, the blinds are down, but the family leaves their windows open.
(d) He glimpses the child's face again.
2. What does Dad say is the reason for the tax increase on their property?
(a) They have been suspected to be harboring a third child.
(b) He wouldn't sell anymore of their farmland, so he is being punished.
(c) The new houses next door have raised the property value of their home.
(d) The government is in financial trouble.
3. What does Luke learn about from the books that Jen has given him that he mentions to his dad?
(a) Neighbors sharing food.
(b) Using spoiled food to feed the animals.
(c) Canning food.
(d) Growing food indoors.
4. What does Jen ask Luke about his brothers in Chapter 21?
(a) If they ever play with him.
(b) If they'd ever physically hurt him.
(c) If they'd ever betray him.
(d) If they ever lock him in his room.
5. Jen sends Luke home with a bunch of books. What is the name of the book Luke struggles to read?
(a) The Food Crisis.
(b) The Population Disasters.
(c) The Population Crisis.
(d) The Food Disasters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new house does Luke spy a child looking out the window of after his dad banishes him from the kitchen?
2. What does Jen do every time she sees Luke?
3. What time does Luke notice all the new houses are empty by?
4. What does Luke get up at dawn to clean in Chapter 25?
5. What do Luke's parents tell him that the Government forced them to sell?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)