|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26 - 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times has Jen's mom been married?
2. What did Jen's father have to bribe the policemen with?
(c) Fur coats.
3. What does Jen say to Luke after he tells her he will see her after the rally?
(a) She tells him they can hope.
(b) She tells him he can bet on it!
(c) She tells him it's not likely.
(d) She tells him she can't wait.
4. Who does Luke recall showing up, surprisingly, at his family's home years ago, begging for food?
(a) A little boy.
(b) A little girl.
(c) A pregnant woman.
(d) A tramp.
5. Why does Luke's mother make him sit and eat his breakfast on the bottom step to the attic?
(a) He has dirt on his shoes.
(b) He is not allowed anywhere else in the house.
(c) The construction workers have started to wonder why the family's shades are always drawn.
(d) He is being punished for looking out the window.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 21, Luke's Dad gets a letter from the Government. What do they forbid him from doing?
2. What does Luke beg his mother to convince his dad of in Chapter 9?
3. Why does Jen's father believe that the government intentionally keeps people hovering around the poverty level?
4. What does Luke notice the house with the third child sometimes leaves open?
5. Luke asks Jen how she is able to meet other people if she is a third child like him; what does Jen explain that her parents do?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)