|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26 - 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jen's father believe that the government intentionally keeps people hovering around the poverty level?
(a) People will work harder when their existence is on the line.
(b) People will work harder if they are scared.
(c) People will work harder if they are hungry.
(d) People will work harder if they are desperate.
2. The books Luke reads that are his fathers, what are they about?
(b) Countryside grasses and pig diseases.
(c) Monster trucks.
3. What does the girl, whose house Luke broke into, do while she talks on the phone to her dad?
(a) She yawns.
(b) She rolls her eyes.
(c) She bites her nails.
(d) She drums her fingers on the table.
4. What name do Luke's Mom and Dad call the new residents that will be living next to them?
5. What has gone down so low in price that the Luke's father and mother worry about how they will get by?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jen's father react to how Luke answers his question about why he didn't stop Jen from going to the rally?
2. While sitting on the attic step, after how many weeks does Luke finally give up trying to keep up with his family's conversation at meal times?
3. What do Dad, Matthew, and Mark load up for slaughter at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. How much more money is the tax bill from previous years?
5. How does Jen plan on getting to the rally that she has planned?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)