|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26 - 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mother do when she opens the tax bill?
(a) She clutches it to her chest.
(b) She is so startled she drops it.
(c) She tears it to pieces.
(d) She begins to weep over it.
2. Luke finally signals Jen on the third day after he meets her; what happens?
(a) She sends him a note saying today is not a good day.
(b) She calls him on the telephone to tell him today is not a good day.
(c) She never signals him back.
(d) Surprisingly, she runs over to his house.
3. What signal have Jen and Luke decided upon so Luke will know when it's okay to come and visit her again?
(a) If Luke can come over he will turn on his back porch light.
(b) If Luke can come over he will pull up his kitchen shade an inch.
(c) If Luke can come over he will tie a ribbon on his back doorknob.
(d) If Luke can come over he will flash a light to Jen.
4. What does Luke call the new family that has a row of birdhouses in their backyard?
(a) The Birdy family.
(b) The Bird bath family.
(c) The Birdbrain family.
(d) The Chirpy family.
5. What does Jen ask Luke about his brothers in Chapter 21?
(a) If they ever play with him.
(b) If they'd ever physically hurt him.
(c) If they ever lock him in his room.
(d) If they'd ever betray him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jen call Luke for not wanting to go to the rally?
2. What brave thing does Jen do for Luke at the end of Chapter 16 that amazes Luke?
3. Who had bet Jen that she didn't know what the weather was like outside?
4. What does Luke yell out in a panic to the girl whose house he has just broke into?
5. Luke realizes his home is not a sanctuary but a ___________.
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)