|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26 - 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Government make it illegal to have pets?
(a) The food shortage.
(b) They believe animals are only for eating.
(c) Because of the diseases they may carry.
(d) An epidemic of lice.
2. What does Luke sneak into the kitchen for the day of the rally?
(a) To look out the window.
(b) To make a sandwich.
(c) To listen to the radio.
(d) To bake some bread.
3. Why has Jen's death been especially hard for her family?
(a) They were each whipped ten times for keeping her a secret.
(b) They've had to go about their business without the luxury of mourning Jen.
(c) They've had to burn everything that was Jen's.
(d) They couldn't have a funeral for her.
4. Jen's father admits he works for the Population Police. How does Luke react?
(a) Luke begins screaming and grabs Jen's father's gun.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He runs and hides in the closet.
(d) He backs up into the wall in shock.
5. What does Jen's father have pointed at Luke when he discovers him in his house?
(a) A gun.
(b) A can of mace.
(c) A bat.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Luke watch Jen's house obsessively for the days after the rally?
2. Since not being able to eat breakfast with the whole family, why doesn't Luke ask for butter for his toast anymore?
3. The books Luke reads that are his fathers, what are they about?
4. What do Luke's brothers, Matthew and Mark, complain that they will have to do since Luke is not allowed outside anymore?
5. What kind of Government does Jen's father say they have?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)