|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26 - 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Luke asks Jen's father why he wants to help him; how does he respond?
(a) He wants to help all shadow children.
(b) He likes helping people.
(c) He's doing it for Jen.
(d) He likes Luke.
2. What is so shocking about Jen's parents having a third child?
(a) Jen's parents wanted another boy but realized having a girl would be fun too.
(b) Her parents didn't want to have her but felt too guilty to terminate the pregnancy.
(c) They broke the law on purpose to have her, and Jen's dad is a Government employee.
(d) She was actually a fourth child, but her older sister died.
3. When Jen was younger, where did her mom take her to meet other third children?
(a) A carnival.
(b) Secret meetings.
(c) A play group.
(d) A party.
4. What do Dad, Matthew, and Mark load up for slaughter at the beginning of Chapter 6?
5. What are some of the orders Luke recalls the Government giving his family in the past?
(a) Where to plant their corn and how much to charge for their crops.
(b) Where to plant their pumpkins and where to sell them.
(c) Where to plant their potatoes and how much they can plant.
(d) Where to plant their tomatoes and how much they can keep for their family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jen do to make sure no policemen stop her on her way to the rally?
2. How does Luke break into Jen's house in Chapter 26?
3. What does Luke notice the house with the third child sometimes leaves open?
4. What attribute does Luke realize he has that will make him more able than Jen to help other shadow children?
5. What does the girl, who's a third child like Luke, do that shocks him?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)