|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 - 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are some of the orders Luke recalls the Government giving his family in the past?
(a) Where to plant their potatoes and how much they can plant.
(b) Where to plant their tomatoes and how much they can keep for their family.
(c) Where to plant their corn and how much to charge for their crops.
(d) Where to plant their pumpkins and where to sell them.
2. How did Jen perform a background check on Luke?
(a) She used her brother's fingerprinting kit to lift Luke's prints off her door and she scanned them into her computer.
(b) She took a sample of Luke's blood using her brothers kit and scanned the results into her computer.
(c) She took a strand of Luke's hair and used her brothers kit to analyze it and then scanned the results into her computer.
(d) She took a picture of Luke and scanned it onto her computer.
3. What does Luke notice first as he makes his way outside to sneak over to the third child's house?
(a) The breeze ruffling his clothes.
(b) The crunch of gravel under his feet.
(c) The feel of the sun on his face.
(d) The fresh air on his face.
4. What did Luke's mother and father see on TV while pregnant that scared them?
(a) The Government's ads talking about how the Population Police would do anything to enforce the law.
(b) Pictures of what the Population Police does to third babies.
(c) Ads advertising the reward for turning in people who have more than two children.
(d) Stories of what the Population Police does to pregnant women.
5. How many times does Luke visit Jen in February?
(b) Three times.
(c) Five times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jen upset with the other children in the online chat room in Chapter 20?
2. While the Garner family is eating dinner in Chapter 1, they hear tires on the gravel driveway. Where does Luke scramble off to?
3. What does Luke's mom think of his suggestion to her in Chapter 25?
4. Why is Jen confident the Government will not find out about her online chat room?
5. What kind of food does Jen share with Luke that shocks him because both items are illegal?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)