|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 - 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Luke signal Jen on the second day after he meets her?
(a) Luke has the stomach flu.
(b) His mom took the day off so she could catch up on some housework.
(c) It rains so his Dad spends the day indoors working on paperwork and books for the farm.
(d) His brother is home sick from school.
2. It's harvest time and the family is working harder than ever, what does Luke's mom make sure to leave him every day?
(a) A jug of water.
(b) Some new video games.
(c) A supply of food.
(d) A new pile of books.
3. What is so amazing for Luke to look out upon from his room in Chapter 3?
(a) The sight of bulldozers.
(b) The sight of snow.
(c) The sight of a dog.
(d) The sight of so many people.
4. What are Luke's favorite types of books to read?
(c) Science Fiction.
5. What does Jen say to Luke after he tells her he will see her after the rally?
(a) She tells him it's not likely.
(b) She tells him they can hope.
(c) She tells him she can't wait.
(d) She tells him he can bet on it!
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark yell when he knocks on Luke's bedroom door in Chapter 3?
2. Luke asks Jen how she is able to meet other people if she is a third child like him; what does Jen explain that her parents do?
3. What are some of the orders Luke recalls the Government giving his family in the past?
4. What does Luke's father get angry with him for asking about in Chapter 1?
5. What do Luke's brothers, Matthew and Mark, complain that they will have to do since Luke is not allowed outside anymore?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)