|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 - 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Luke signal Jen on the second day after he meets her?
(a) His brother is home sick from school.
(b) Luke has the stomach flu.
(c) His mom took the day off so she could catch up on some housework.
(d) It rains so his Dad spends the day indoors working on paperwork and books for the farm.
2. How big are the houses being built next to Luke's home?
3. Why does Luke always pause at the bottom of the steps when he comes down for breakfast in the mornings?
(a) To make sure his brothers have left for school.
(b) To make sure his father is away at work.
(c) To make sure no visitors are inside the kitchen.
(d) To make sure everyone is awake.
4. What does Luke's mom think of his suggestion to her in Chapter 25?
(a) She can't take a day off because she needs the money.
(b) She doesn't see why they'd want a visit from her since they are rich.
(c) She really thinks it would be nice to work somewhere else.
(d) She thinks it's a great idea and asks him what kind of cake he'd like her to make.
5. What does Jen do every time she sees Luke?
(a) Kisses his cheek.
(b) Teases him about his hair.
(c) Greets him with a big hug and a smile.
(d) Slaps him on the back.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, how many days does Luke wait for another opportunity to sneak over to Jen's house?
2. What does Jen say to Luke after he tells her he will see her after the rally?
3. Who does Luke recall showing up, surprisingly, at his family's home years ago, begging for food?
4. What does Jen use that allows her to go shopping?
5. What event does Luke recall that made him realize his brothers have never had to hide like him?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)