|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 - 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mark yell when he knocks on Luke's bedroom door in Chapter 3?
(a) You in there Lukey?!
(b) Population Police! Open up!
(c) Better hide!
(d) Open loser!
2. Why does the girl who pinned Luke down after entering her house let him go?
(a) She's scared of him.
(b) She realizes he's another third child.
(c) She thinks he's cute.
(d) She feels bad for hurting him.
3. Jen sends Luke home with a bunch of books. What is the name of the book Luke struggles to read?
(a) The Population Disasters.
(b) The Food Disasters.
(c) The Population Crisis.
(d) The Food Crisis.
4. What did Luke's mother and father see on TV while pregnant that scared them?
(a) Pictures of what the Population Police does to third babies.
(b) Stories of what the Population Police does to pregnant women.
(c) The Government's ads talking about how the Population Police would do anything to enforce the law.
(d) Ads advertising the reward for turning in people who have more than two children.
5. In Chapter 5, what does the letter from the Government tell Luke's father to get rid of?
(a) Their hogs.
(b) Their sheep.
(c) Their horses.
(d) Their cows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke notice first as he makes his way outside to sneak over to the third child's house?
2. Why won't Luke agree to come to the rally with Jen?
3. Why does Luke always pause at the bottom of the steps when he comes down for breakfast in the mornings?
4. How old was Luke when he finally realized that not all children had to hide from visitors?
5. Who does Luke recall showing up, surprisingly, at his family's home years ago, begging for food?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)