|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 - 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke sneak into the kitchen for the day of the rally?
(a) To make a sandwich.
(b) To bake some bread.
(c) To listen to the radio.
(d) To look out the window.
2. Since not being able to eat breakfast with the whole family, why doesn't Luke ask for butter for his toast anymore?
(a) His mom gives him jam now.
(b) Someone would have to pretend they forgot something in order to safely pass him the butter dish.
(c) He will get yelled at for being a nusiance.
(d) He doesn't like butter anymore.
3. Why does Luke always pause at the bottom of the steps when he comes down for breakfast in the mornings?
(a) To make sure everyone is awake.
(b) To make sure his father is away at work.
(c) To make sure his brothers have left for school.
(d) To make sure no visitors are inside the kitchen.
4. What does Dad say is the reason for the tax increase on their property?
(a) The new houses next door have raised the property value of their home.
(b) They have been suspected to be harboring a third child.
(c) The government is in financial trouble.
(d) He wouldn't sell anymore of their farmland, so he is being punished.
5. What does Luke notice about the construction workers he spies on from his room?
(a) They sometimes quit in the middle of the day.
(b) They will work late into the night.
(c) They are taking their time with the construction.
(d) They are in a big hurry to finish the construction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What amazes Jen about Luke's family in Chapter 16?
2. What does Luke's mom think of his suggestion to her in Chapter 25?
3. What are some of the orders Luke recalls the Government giving his family in the past?
4. While the Garner family is eating dinner in Chapter 1, they hear tires on the gravel driveway. Where does Luke scramble off to?
5. What does Luke's mother say is the reason she became pregnant with him?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)