|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 - 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since not being able to eat breakfast with the whole family, why doesn't Luke ask for butter for his toast anymore?
(a) He will get yelled at for being a nusiance.
(b) Someone would have to pretend they forgot something in order to safely pass him the butter dish.
(c) He doesn't like butter anymore.
(d) His mom gives him jam now.
2. What does the girl, who's a third child like Luke, do that shocks him?
(a) She picks up the phone to call her mom.
(b) She gives Luke a big hug.
(c) She kicks Luke.
(d) She picks up the phone to call her dad.
3. What does Luke learn about from the books that Jen has given him that he mentions to his dad?
(a) Using spoiled food to feed the animals.
(b) Growing food indoors.
(c) Canning food.
(d) Neighbors sharing food.
4. Why does Luke always pause at the bottom of the steps when he comes down for breakfast in the mornings?
(a) To make sure everyone is awake.
(b) To make sure his brothers have left for school.
(c) To make sure no visitors are inside the kitchen.
(d) To make sure his father is away at work.
5. What does the girl, whose house Luke broke into, do while she talks on the phone to her dad?
(a) She rolls her eyes.
(b) She drums her fingers on the table.
(c) She yawns.
(d) She bites her nails.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day does Jen promise to check outside everyday for Luke's signal?
2. Why can't Luke signal Jen on the first day after he meets her?
3. What does Luke do at supper the night after he meets Jen?
4. What time does Luke's Mom get home from work?
5. In Chapter 18, what is Jen's chat room friend complaining about online?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)