|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke notice first as he makes his way outside to sneak over to the third child's house?
(a) The crunch of gravel under his feet.
(b) The breeze ruffling his clothes.
(c) The feel of the sun on his face.
(d) The fresh air on his face.
2. How does Jen say her dad would react if he knew she'd been looking out the window?
(a) He would cry.
(b) He would be furious.
(c) He would laugh.
(d) He would beat her.
3. What does Mark yell when he knocks on Luke's bedroom door in Chapter 3?
(a) Population Police! Open up!
(b) Open loser!
(c) Better hide!
(d) You in there Lukey?!
4. What time does Luke notice all the new houses are empty by?
(a) 7:30 AM.
(b) 8:00 AM.
(c) 8:30 AM.
(d) 9:00 AM.
5. What does Luke notice on his 13th day of watching the house where he saw the child's face?
(a) He glimpses the child's face again.
(b) On a very hot day, the blinds are down, but the family leaves their windows open.
(c) He hears music coming from the house in the middle of the day.
(d) He can spy the outline of a third child at the dinner table.
Short Answer Questions
1. Luke begins watching the house where he saw the child's face constantly, on which day of his vigil does he see the blinds flip up and down quickly in an upstairs window?
2. How big are the houses being built next to Luke's home?
3. Since the woods near his home were torn down, how many months has Luke been trapped inside his house?
4. What does Jen use that allows her to go shopping?
5. What time does Luke's Mom have to be at the factory every day?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)