|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke listen to while standing in the woods in Chapter 1?
(a) The sound of twigs breaking.
(b) The sound of falling trees in the distance.
(c) The birds chirping.
(d) The creek rushing by.
2. Why does Luke's mother make him sit and eat his breakfast on the bottom step to the attic?
(a) The construction workers have started to wonder why the family's shades are always drawn.
(b) He is not allowed anywhere else in the house.
(c) He is being punished for looking out the window.
(d) He has dirt on his shoes.
3. The female third child introduces herself as Jennifer Rose Talbot; who does she say is usually very jumpy people?
(a) Unwanted kids.
(b) Third kids.
(c) Shadow kids.
(d) Forgotten kids.
4. What does Luke notice about the construction workers he spies on from his room?
(a) They sometimes quit in the middle of the day.
(b) They will work late into the night.
(c) They are taking their time with the construction.
(d) They are in a big hurry to finish the construction.
5. What does the female third child tell Luke she does sometimes just for fun?
(a) Run around outside at night.
(b) Turn the music up really loud and sing along.
(c) Set off the house alarm.
(d) Play with fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Luke signal Jen on the first day after he meets her?
2. Since the woods near his home were torn down, how many months has Luke been trapped inside his house?
3. Why does Jen say that she looked out the window the day Luke saw her?
4. While the Garner family is eating dinner in Chapter 1, they hear tires on the gravel driveway. Where does Luke scramble off to?
5. What word does Jen use as a password for her online chat room?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)