|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Luke been banned from using the telephone?
(a) He likes to call random people and hang up.
(b) He tries to call his dad at work too much.
(c) The Government has the technology to trace a call and can even verify the caller's identity.
(d) He always talks too long.
2. What does the girl, whose house Luke broke into, do while she talks on the phone to her dad?
(a) She bites her nails.
(b) She rolls her eyes.
(c) She yawns.
(d) She drums her fingers on the table.
3. What does Luke's mother say is the reason she became pregnant with him?
(a) They planned to get pregnant.
(b) It was an accident but they wanted him very much.
(c) They were forced to get pregnant.
(d) It was an accident and they were very upset about it.
4. What does Luke learn about from the books that Jen has given him that he mentions to his dad?
(a) Neighbors sharing food.
(b) Using spoiled food to feed the animals.
(c) Growing food indoors.
(d) Canning food.
5. After Mark leaves Luke's room, what does Luke notice light pouring out of in his room?
(a) The ventilation shafts.
(b) Two tiny windows.
(c) A drain.
(d) A small hole in the wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Luke feel about his parents after discovering Jen?
2. In Chapter 17, what does Jen tell Luke that her mother dragged her out to go do?
3. What does Luke notice first as he makes his way outside to sneak over to the third child's house?
4. What did Luke's mother and father see on TV while pregnant that scared them?
5. Why does Luke always pause at the bottom of the steps when he comes down for breakfast in the mornings?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)