|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the female third child tell Luke she does sometimes just for fun?
(a) Set off the house alarm.
(b) Play with fire.
(c) Run around outside at night.
(d) Turn the music up really loud and sing along.
2. What does Luke tells his brother he put into the bread?
3. What do Dad, Matthew, and Mark load up for slaughter at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. What signal have Jen and Luke decided upon so Luke will know when it's okay to come and visit her again?
(a) If Luke can come over he will tie a ribbon on his back doorknob.
(b) If Luke can come over he will turn on his back porch light.
(c) If Luke can come over he will flash a light to Jen.
(d) If Luke can come over he will pull up his kitchen shade an inch.
5. How much more money is the tax bill from previous years?
(a) Four times the usual amount.
(b) Five times the usual amount.
(c) Two times the usual amount.
(d) Three times the usual amount.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Matthew asks how the family can possibly pay the property taxes, what does Mother announce she has just received?
2. What did Luke's mother and father see on TV while pregnant that scared them?
3. Luke begins watching the house where he saw the child's face constantly, on which day of his vigil does he see the blinds flip up and down quickly in an upstairs window?
4. What does Jen do when Luke asks her questions about that day he saw her?
5. Jen sends Luke home with a bunch of books. What is the name of the book Luke struggles to read?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)