|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the new residents that will be living next to Luke called a special name?
(a) They are gangsters.
(b) They are really rich people.
(c) They are famous.
(d) They are of royal blood.
2. What does Luke imagine in Chapter 7, which he feels guilty about?
(a) Wanting one of his brothers to die so he can take their place.
(b) Running away.
(c) Moving in with a family with only one child and living a normal life.
(d) Wishing he'd never been born.
3. Why has Luke been banned from using the telephone?
(a) He likes to call random people and hang up.
(b) He always talks too long.
(c) The Government has the technology to trace a call and can even verify the caller's identity.
(d) He tries to call his dad at work too much.
4. What word does Jen use as a password for her online chat room?
5. How does Luke feel about the new houses being built next to his home?
(a) He is frustrated.
(b) He hates them.
(c) He is sad.
(d) He loves them.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Luke's mother calls him to come into the house from the woods, what does Luke do for the first time in his life?
2. While sitting on the attic step, after how many weeks does Luke finally give up trying to keep up with his family's conversation at meal times?
3. What new house does Luke spy a child looking out the window of after his dad banishes him from the kitchen?
4. What does the girl, whose house Luke broke into, do while she talks on the phone to her dad?
5. What does the Government spend a great deal of money trying to convince people?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)