|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Luke been taught all his life to fear?
(a) Open spaces.
(d) Other children.
2. What brave thing does Jen do for Luke at the end of Chapter 16 that amazes Luke?
(a) She tells her family about Luke.
(b) Luke cuts his leg at her house and blood and drops on the carpet, so Jen cuts her leg to show her parents.
(c) Luke cuts his hand at her house and blood and drips on the carpet, so Jen cuts her hand to show her parents.
(d) She promises not to tell anyone about Luke.
3. What is so shocking about Jen's parents having a third child?
(a) Her parents didn't want to have her but felt too guilty to terminate the pregnancy.
(b) Jen's parents wanted another boy but realized having a girl would be fun too.
(c) She was actually a fourth child, but her older sister died.
(d) They broke the law on purpose to have her, and Jen's dad is a Government employee.
4. What does the girl, whose house Luke broke into, do while she talks on the phone to her dad?
(a) She drums her fingers on the table.
(b) She rolls her eyes.
(c) She bites her nails.
(d) She yawns.
5. Luke finally signals Jen on the third day after he meets her; what happens?
(a) She calls him on the telephone to tell him today is not a good day.
(b) She sends him a note saying today is not a good day.
(c) Surprisingly, she runs over to his house.
(d) She never signals him back.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many residents does Luke watch leave their houses before he sneaks over the the third child's house?
2. What are the names of Jen's chat room friends that Luke is introduced to in Chapter 18?
3. What does Luke notice first as he makes his way outside to sneak over to the third child's house?
4. Who had bet Jen that she didn't know what the weather was like outside?
5. What is so amazing for Luke to look out upon from his room in Chapter 3?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)