|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the female third child apologize to Luke for after she sees him staring at the door as if he means to make a run for it?
(a) Yelling at him.
(b) Making fun of him.
(c) Kicking him.
(d) Scaring him.
2. What does Luke imagine in Chapter 7, which he feels guilty about?
(a) Moving in with a family with only one child and living a normal life.
(b) Wishing he'd never been born.
(c) Running away.
(d) Wanting one of his brothers to die so he can take their place.
3. What does the girl, whose house Luke broke into, say about the Government monitoring phone calls?
(a) They are too stupid to notice anything.
(b) Her parents are too rich for the Government to bother.
(c) They have bigger problems to worry about.
(d) They are understaffed and too incompetent to do a good job monitoring phone calls.
4. What time of the day is it when Luke sees the blinds flip up and down quickly in an upstairs window of one of the new houses?
(a) 10 AM.
(b) 11 PM.
(c) 11 AM.
(d) 10 PM.
5. What does Luke yell out in a panic to the girl whose house he has just broke into?
(a) "I'll get you!"
(b) "Let me go!"
(c) "Population Police!"
(d) "Please don't hurt me!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What brave thing does Jen do for Luke at the end of Chapter 16 that amazes Luke?
2. Why is Jen upset with the other children in the online chat room in Chapter 20?
3. What do Matthew and Mark do while Mom is at work and Dad is fixing the machinery?
4. Why is Jen confident the Government will not find out about her online chat room?
5. Who does Luke recall showing up, surprisingly, at his family's home years ago, begging for food?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)