|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day does Jen promise to check outside everyday for Luke's signal?
(a) 12:00 PM.
(b) 9:00 AM.
(c) 10:00 AM.
(d) 8:00 AM.
2. What does Luke notice first as he makes his way outside to sneak over to the third child's house?
(a) The feel of the sun on his face.
(b) The crunch of gravel under his feet.
(c) The breeze ruffling his clothes.
(d) The fresh air on his face.
3. After Matthew asks how the family can possibly pay the property taxes, what does Mother announce she has just received?
(a) An inheritance from her mother.
(b) Another new bill.
(c) Her work permit.
(d) An offer from someone to buy their farm.
4. What does Jen plan on doing at the rally she is organizing?
(a) She and hundreds of shadow children are going to torch the President's house.
(b) She and hundreds of shadow children are going to throw stones at the town square.
(c) She and hundreds of shadow children are going to march on the Presiden't house.
(d) She and hundreds of shadow children are going to hold a sit-in at the townsquare.
5. How much more money is the tax bill from previous years?
(a) Three times the usual amount.
(b) Four times the usual amount.
(c) Five times the usual amount.
(d) Two times the usual amount.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Luke been taught all his life to fear?
2. After Luke tells Jen how he found out about her, what is Jen stunned to hear about Luke?
3. What name do Luke's Mom and Dad call the new residents that will be living next to them?
4. What does Luke beg his mother to convince his dad of in Chapter 9?
5. Since not being able to eat breakfast with the whole family, why doesn't Luke ask for butter for his toast anymore?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)