|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mark offer to play a game of with Luke to cheer him up after barging into his room?
2. Why doesn't Luke tell his mother about what he has found in his room allowing him to look outside?
(a) He doesn't want to get in trouble.
(b) He wants it to be his secret.
(c) He fears they will forbid him from using it anymore.
(d) He knows they will cover it up.
3. In Chapter 18, what is Jen's chat room friend complaining about online?
(a) His parents refuse to buy him any extra food to eat.
(b) His parents refuse to allow him downstairs into the family room.
(c) His parents refuse to buy him any new books to read.
(d) His parents refuse to waste money running the air-conditioning during the day, even though it's 105 outside.
4. What does the girl, who's a third child like Luke, do that shocks him?
(a) She kicks Luke.
(b) She picks up the phone to call her dad.
(c) She picks up the phone to call her mom.
(d) She gives Luke a big hug.
5. Luke begins watching the house where he saw the child's face constantly, on which day of his vigil does he see the blinds flip up and down quickly in an upstairs window?
(a) Second day.
(b) Fifth day.
(c) Fourth day.
(d) Third day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the new residents that will be living next to Luke called a special name?
2. After Matthew asks how the family can possibly pay the property taxes, what does Mother announce she has just received?
3. What time does Luke notice all the new houses are empty by?
4. Why does the girl who pinned Luke down after entering her house let him go?
5. In Chapter 17, what does Jen tell Luke that her mother dragged her out to go do?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)