|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the girl, whose house Luke broke into, say about the Government monitoring phone calls?
(a) They have bigger problems to worry about.
(b) They are too stupid to notice anything.
(c) They are understaffed and too incompetent to do a good job monitoring phone calls.
(d) Her parents are too rich for the Government to bother.
2. What does Luke yell out in a panic to the girl whose house he has just broke into?
(a) "I'll get you!"
(b) "Population Police!"
(c) "Let me go!"
(d) "Please don't hurt me!"
3. How much more money is the tax bill from previous years?
(a) Four times the usual amount.
(b) Five times the usual amount.
(c) Three times the usual amount.
(d) Two times the usual amount.
4. Why is Luke afraid he will never be allowed outside again?
(a) Because he disobeyed his father.
(b) Because he did not listen to his mother.
(c) Because he was seen by a stranger.
(d) Because the woods are being cut down.
5. Who does Luke spy driving by the new houses while they are being built?
(a) Bus loads of people coming to look at the new houses.
(b) His grandparents.
(c) People in cheap cars wishing they could buy the houses.
(d) People in expensive looking cars looking to buy the houses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke notice about the construction workers he spies on from his room?
2. How many residents does Luke watch leave their houses before he sneaks over the the third child's house?
3. After Matthew asks how the family can possibly pay the property taxes, what does Mother announce she has just received?
4. What time does Luke's Mom get home from work?
5. What does Luke's Dad slip quietly to Luke every day around noon?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)