|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the girl who pinned Luke down after entering her house let him go?
(a) She feels bad for hurting him.
(b) She thinks he's cute.
(c) She realizes he's another third child.
(d) She's scared of him.
2. What did Luke's mother and father see on TV while pregnant that scared them?
(a) Stories of what the Population Police does to pregnant women.
(b) Ads advertising the reward for turning in people who have more than two children.
(c) Pictures of what the Population Police does to third babies.
(d) The Government's ads talking about how the Population Police would do anything to enforce the law.
3. Why doesn't Luke protest about not being able to eat at the kitchen table anymore?
(a) He knows they will not listen to him.
(b) He knows his family is only trying to protect him.
(c) He knows he will only get himself in more trouble.
(d) He is too upset.
4. What does Luke yell out in a panic to the girl whose house he has just broke into?
(a) "Population Police!"
(b) "I'll get you!"
(c) "Let me go!"
(d) "Please don't hurt me!"
5. Who does Luke recall showing up, surprisingly, at his family's home years ago, begging for food?
(a) A little boy.
(b) A tramp.
(c) A little girl.
(d) A pregnant woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Luke's mother calls him to come into the house from the woods, what does Luke do for the first time in his life?
2. Since not being able to eat breakfast with the whole family, why doesn't Luke ask for butter for his toast anymore?
3. Luke realizes his home is not a sanctuary but a ___________.
4. What does Luke tells his brother he put into the bread?
5. The female third child introduces herself as Jennifer Rose Talbot; who does she say is usually very jumpy people?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)