|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke notice on his 13th day of watching the house where he saw the child's face?
(a) He glimpses the child's face again.
(b) On a very hot day, the blinds are down, but the family leaves their windows open.
(c) He hears music coming from the house in the middle of the day.
(d) He can spy the outline of a third child at the dinner table.
2. After Jen tells Luke in Chapter 15 that he has come to the right place and to forget that hiding-like-a-mole stuff, what does she tell him that she is?
(a) His new best friend.
(b) His lucky day.
(c) His ticket out.
(d) His savior.
3. Who does Luke recall showing up, surprisingly, at his family's home years ago, begging for food?
(a) A little boy.
(b) A pregnant woman.
(c) A little girl.
(d) A tramp.
4. Who is going to be living in the new houses being built next to Luke's home?
(b) Government workers and other city folk.
(d) Miners and their families.
5. Since not being able to eat breakfast with the whole family, why doesn't Luke ask for butter for his toast anymore?
(a) Someone would have to pretend they forgot something in order to safely pass him the butter dish.
(b) He doesn't like butter anymore.
(c) His mom gives him jam now.
(d) He will get yelled at for being a nusiance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl, who's a third child like Luke, do that shocks him?
2. What does the female third child tell Luke she does sometimes just for fun?
3. Luke asks Jen how she is able to meet other people if she is a third child like him; what does Jen explain that her parents do?
4. What do Dad, Matthew, and Mark load up for slaughter at the beginning of Chapter 6?
5. What event does Luke recall that made him realize his brothers have never had to hide like him?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)