|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke's father get angry with him for asking about in Chapter 1?
(a) For asking for seconds at dinner.
(b) For asking when he'll be able to go outside again.
(c) For asking if he'll be able to look out the windows when people move into the new houses.
(d) For asking about why he must sleep in the attic.
2. What time does Luke's Mom have to be at the factory every day?
(a) 8:00 AM.
(b) 7:00 AM.
(c) 9:00 AM.
(d) 6:00 AM.
3. What does Mark yell when he knocks on Luke's bedroom door in Chapter 3?
(a) Population Police! Open up!
(b) Better hide!
(c) Open loser!
(d) You in there Lukey?!
4. What does Mother do when she opens the tax bill?
(a) She clutches it to her chest.
(b) She tears it to pieces.
(c) She begins to weep over it.
(d) She is so startled she drops it.
5. Since the woods near his home were torn down, how many months has Luke been trapped inside his house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Luke's favorite types of books to read?
2. Since not being able to eat breakfast with the whole family, why doesn't Luke ask for butter for his toast anymore?
3. The books Luke reads that are his fathers, what are they about?
4. While the Garner family is eating dinner in Chapter 1, they hear tires on the gravel driveway. Where does Luke scramble off to?
5. What does Luke notice about the construction workers he spies on from his room?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)