|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does Luke recall that made him realize his brothers have never had to hide like him?
(a) His mother's birthday party.
(b) Matthew's birthday party.
(c) Mark's birthday party.
(d) His father's birthday party.
2. What are some of the orders Luke recalls the Government giving his family in the past?
(a) Where to plant their pumpkins and where to sell them.
(b) Where to plant their potatoes and how much they can plant.
(c) Where to plant their corn and how much to charge for their crops.
(d) Where to plant their tomatoes and how much they can keep for their family.
3. What does Mark yell when he knocks on Luke's bedroom door in Chapter 3?
(a) Open loser!
(b) You in there Lukey?!
(c) Better hide!
(d) Population Police! Open up!
4. What do Luke's parents tell him that the Government forced them to sell?
(a) Their cabin by the lake.
(b) Their house.
(c) The woods next to their house.
(d) Their car.
5. What did Luke's mother and father see on TV while pregnant that scared them?
(a) Pictures of what the Population Police does to third babies.
(b) Stories of what the Population Police does to pregnant women.
(c) Ads advertising the reward for turning in people who have more than two children.
(d) The Government's ads talking about how the Population Police would do anything to enforce the law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Matthew and Mark do while Mom is at work and Dad is fixing the machinery?
2. What does Dad say is the reason for the tax increase on their property?
3. It's harvest time and the family is working harder than ever, what does Luke's mom make sure to leave him every day?
4. What is Luke delighted to find after his whole family leaves in a hurry in Chapter 8?
5. Who does Luke spy driving by the new houses while they are being built?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)