|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Luke asks Jen how she is able to meet other people if she is a third child like him; what does Jen explain that her parents do?
(a) Threaten people.
(b) Bribe people.
(c) Trust only a select amount of people.
(d) Plead with people.
2. Luke punches his hand through the screen door of the third child's house, what happens when he enters the house?
(a) He gets stuck trying to get through the screen door.
(b) He's attacked by a dog.
(c) He sets off the alarm.
(d) He walks quietly inside and explores the house.
3. What does Luke yell out in a panic to the girl whose house he has just broke into?
(a) "Let me go!"
(b) "Please don't hurt me!"
(c) "Population Police!"
(d) "I'll get you!"
4. What are some of the orders Luke recalls the Government giving his family in the past?
(a) Where to plant their corn and how much to charge for their crops.
(b) Where to plant their tomatoes and how much they can keep for their family.
(c) Where to plant their potatoes and how much they can plant.
(d) Where to plant their pumpkins and where to sell them.
5. How does Luke feel about the new houses being built next to his home?
(a) He loves them.
(b) He is frustrated.
(c) He is sad.
(d) He hates them.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Luke's mother calls him to come into the house from the woods, what does Luke do for the first time in his life?
2. Who does Luke spy driving by the new houses while they are being built?
3. Why doesn't Luke tell his mother about what he has found in his room allowing him to look outside?
4. What does Luke imagine in Chapter 7, which he feels guilty about?
5. What does Mark offer to play a game of with Luke to cheer him up after barging into his room?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)