|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Luke always pause at the bottom of the steps when he comes down for breakfast in the mornings?
(a) To make sure no visitors are inside the kitchen.
(b) To make sure everyone is awake.
(c) To make sure his brothers have left for school.
(d) To make sure his father is away at work.
2. What does Mark offer to play a game of with Luke to cheer him up after barging into his room?
3. What does Luke notice first as he makes his way outside to sneak over to the third child's house?
(a) The breeze ruffling his clothes.
(b) The feel of the sun on his face.
(c) The fresh air on his face.
(d) The crunch of gravel under his feet.
4. After Luke's mother calls him to come into the house from the woods, what does Luke do for the first time in his life?
(a) He runs away and hides.
(b) He comes immediately.
(c) He does not obey right away.
(d) He yells "no" at her.
5. What name do Luke's Mom and Dad call the new residents that will be living next to them?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke notice on his 13th day of watching the house where he saw the child's face?
2. Why is Luke afraid he will never be allowed outside again?
3. What does Dad say is the reason for the tax increase on their property?
4. What event does Luke recall that made him realize his brothers have never had to hide like him?
5. What does the girl, who's a third child like Luke, do that shocks him?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)