|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Luke's Dad furious with him in Chapter 8?
(a) He catches Luke singing loudly.
(b) He catches Luke looking out the windows.
(c) He catches Luke downstairs in the middle of the day.
(d) He catches Luke outside.
2. What time of the day is it when Luke sees the blinds flip up and down quickly in an upstairs window of one of the new houses?
(a) 10 PM.
(b) 11 AM.
(c) 11 PM.
(d) 10 AM.
3. How much more money is the tax bill from previous years?
(a) Five times the usual amount.
(b) Two times the usual amount.
(c) Four times the usual amount.
(d) Three times the usual amount.
4. What time does Luke's Mom get home from work?
(a) 6:00 PM.
(b) 6:30 PM.
(c) 7:00 PM.
(d) 5:30 PM.
5. What does the girl, who's a third child like Luke, do that shocks him?
(a) She picks up the phone to call her mom.
(b) She picks up the phone to call her dad.
(c) She gives Luke a big hug.
(d) She kicks Luke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Luke's parents take the Population Law seriously when they became pregnant?
2. What does Luke's mother say is the reason she became pregnant with him?
3. What does Luke notice the house with the third child sometimes leaves open?
4. Since not being able to eat breakfast with the whole family, why doesn't Luke ask for butter for his toast anymore?
5. What are Luke's favorite types of books to read?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)