|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Luke's mother calls him to come into the house from the woods, what does Luke do for the first time in his life?
(a) He yells "no" at her.
(b) He does not obey right away.
(c) He runs away and hides.
(d) He comes immediately.
2. What does Luke beg his mother to convince his dad of in Chapter 9?
(a) Allowing Luke outside.
(b) Allowing Luke back in the kitchen.
(c) Allowing Luke to listen to the radio.
(d) Allowing Luke to look out the windows.
3. What makes Luke decide he must act now if he wants to sneak over to the third child's house?
(a) The trees are beginning to lose their leaves.
(b) Lots of the trees are being cut down.
(c) Cops are beginning to scrutinize the area.
(d) His parents are thinking about locking him in his room all day.
4. What does Luke's mother say is the reason she became pregnant with him?
(a) It was an accident and they were very upset about it.
(b) It was an accident but they wanted him very much.
(c) They planned to get pregnant.
(d) They were forced to get pregnant.
5. What does Luke notice on his 13th day of watching the house where he saw the child's face?
(a) He can spy the outline of a third child at the dinner table.
(b) He glimpses the child's face again.
(c) On a very hot day, the blinds are down, but the family leaves their windows open.
(d) He hears music coming from the house in the middle of the day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Luke been taught all his life to fear?
2. What does the girl, whose house Luke broke into, say about the Government monitoring phone calls?
3. What time does Luke's Mom get home from work?
4. What new house does Luke spy a child looking out the window of after his dad banishes him from the kitchen?
5. How does Jen say her dad would react if he knew she'd been looking out the window?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)