|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Luke delighted to find after his whole family leaves in a hurry in Chapter 8?
(a) The kitchen window shade is down.
(b) The kitchen windown shade is up.
(c) A big slab of butter for his toast.
(d) A freshly baked cake.
2. What do Matthew and Mark do while Mom is at work and Dad is fixing the machinery?
(a) Harvest the fields.
(b) Take care of the animals and yard.
(c) Plow the fields.
(d) They are in school.
3. What is so amazing for Luke to look out upon from his room in Chapter 3?
(a) The sight of snow.
(b) The sight of a dog.
(c) The sight of bulldozers.
(d) The sight of so many people.
4. Why does Luke always pause at the bottom of the steps when he comes down for breakfast in the mornings?
(a) To make sure no visitors are inside the kitchen.
(b) To make sure his father is away at work.
(c) To make sure his brothers have left for school.
(d) To make sure everyone is awake.
5. What does Luke tells his brother he put into the bread?
Short Answer Questions
1. The books Luke reads that are his fathers, what are they about?
2. Why is Luke afraid he will never be allowed outside again?
3. Why are the new residents that will be living next to Luke called a special name?
4. What does the girl, whose house Luke broke into, do while she talks on the phone to her dad?
5. What event does Luke recall that made him realize his brothers have never had to hide like him?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)