|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Dad, Matthew, and Mark load up for slaughter at the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. What do Luke's brothers, Matthew and Mark, complain that they will have to do since Luke is not allowed outside anymore?
(a) Taking out the garbage.
(b) The laundry.
(c) The fishing.
(d) All of his chores.
3. What time does Luke notice all the new houses are empty by?
(a) 8:30 AM.
(b) 8:00 AM.
(c) 9:00 AM.
(d) 7:30 AM.
4. Since not being able to eat breakfast with the whole family, why doesn't Luke ask for butter for his toast anymore?
(a) His mom gives him jam now.
(b) He will get yelled at for being a nusiance.
(c) He doesn't like butter anymore.
(d) Someone would have to pretend they forgot something in order to safely pass him the butter dish.
5. What does Luke notice first as he makes his way outside to sneak over to the third child's house?
(a) The crunch of gravel under his feet.
(b) The breeze ruffling his clothes.
(c) The feel of the sun on his face.
(d) The fresh air on his face.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Luke been banned from using the telephone?
2. What does Dad say is the reason for the tax increase on their property?
3. In Chapter 5, what does the letter from the Government tell Luke's father to get rid of?
4. What has gone down so low in price that the Luke's father and mother worry about how they will get by?
5. What do Matthew and Mark do while Mom is at work and Dad is fixing the machinery?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)