|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke's father get angry with him for asking about in Chapter 1?
(a) For asking for seconds at dinner.
(b) For asking when he'll be able to go outside again.
(c) For asking about why he must sleep in the attic.
(d) For asking if he'll be able to look out the windows when people move into the new houses.
2. Why doesn't Luke protest about not being able to eat at the kitchen table anymore?
(a) He knows his family is only trying to protect him.
(b) He knows he will only get himself in more trouble.
(c) He is too upset.
(d) He knows they will not listen to him.
3. After Luke's mother calls him to come into the house from the woods, what does Luke do for the first time in his life?
(a) He does not obey right away.
(b) He runs away and hides.
(c) He yells "no" at her.
(d) He comes immediately.
4. What does Jen do when Luke asks her questions about that day he saw her?
(a) She slaps his face.
(b) She answers him.
(c) She laughs at him.
(d) She waves the questions away.
5. Since the woods near his home were torn down, how many months has Luke been trapped inside his house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dad say is the reason for the tax increase on their property?
2. What has Luke been taught all his life to fear?
3. What does Luke call the new family that has a row of birdhouses in their backyard?
4. What time does Luke's Mom have to be at the factory every day?
5. What are some of the orders Luke recalls the Government giving his family in the past?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)