|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the Garner family is eating dinner in Chapter 1, they hear tires on the gravel driveway. Where does Luke scramble off to?
(a) Under his parent's bed.
(b) In the pantry.
(c) Upstairs to hide.
(d) Under the table.
2. What makes Luke decide he must act now if he wants to sneak over to the third child's house?
(a) Lots of the trees are being cut down.
(b) Cops are beginning to scrutinize the area.
(c) The trees are beginning to lose their leaves.
(d) His parents are thinking about locking him in his room all day.
3. What name do Luke's Mom and Dad call the new residents that will be living next to them?
4. What does Luke notice on his 13th day of watching the house where he saw the child's face?
(a) He hears music coming from the house in the middle of the day.
(b) On a very hot day, the blinds are down, but the family leaves their windows open.
(c) He glimpses the child's face again.
(d) He can spy the outline of a third child at the dinner table.
5. What has Luke been taught all his life to fear?
(a) Open spaces.
(b) Other children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Luke's parents tell him that the Government forced them to sell?
2. What does Luke notice about the construction workers he spies on from his room?
3. What does Luke notice first as he makes his way outside to sneak over to the third child's house?
4. What does Luke's Dad slip quietly to Luke every day around noon?
5. After Matthew asks how the family can possibly pay the property taxes, what does Mother announce she has just received?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)