|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the new residents that will be living next to Luke called a special name?
(a) They are famous.
(b) They are gangsters.
(c) They are really rich people.
(d) They are of royal blood.
2. What has Luke been taught all his life to fear?
(a) Other children.
(d) Open spaces.
3. Why does Luke always pause at the bottom of the steps when he comes down for breakfast in the mornings?
(a) To make sure his brothers have left for school.
(b) To make sure everyone is awake.
(c) To make sure no visitors are inside the kitchen.
(d) To make sure his father is away at work.
4. What does Dad say is the reason for the tax increase on their property?
(a) The new houses next door have raised the property value of their home.
(b) He wouldn't sell anymore of their farmland, so he is being punished.
(c) They have been suspected to be harboring a third child.
(d) The government is in financial trouble.
5. What does Luke's mother say is the reason she became pregnant with him?
(a) They were forced to get pregnant.
(b) It was an accident and they were very upset about it.
(c) They planned to get pregnant.
(d) It was an accident but they wanted him very much.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke notice about the construction workers he spies on from his room?
2. What did Luke's mother and father see on TV while pregnant that scared them?
3. What does Mother do when she opens the tax bill?
4. What does Luke notice first as he makes his way outside to sneak over to the third child's house?
5. Who had bet Jen that she didn't know what the weather was like outside?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)