|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Luke's favorite part of his day?
(a) When his dad comes home for lunch.
(b) When his brothers come to play checkers with him.
(c) In the morning when he can watch the new houses.
(d) When his mother comes up to tuck him into bed.
2. What does Luke's Dad slip quietly to Luke every day around noon?
(a) Two sandwiches.
(b) A couple cookies.
(c) Some vegetables.
3. What do Dad, Matthew, and Mark load up for slaughter at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. What do Luke's brothers, Matthew and Mark, complain that they will have to do since Luke is not allowed outside anymore?
(a) All of his chores.
(b) The fishing.
(c) Taking out the garbage.
(d) The laundry.
5. What does Luke's Dad do every day at lunchtime?
(a) Reads a book while eating what his wife left him for lunch.
(b) Sits and chats with Luke while they eat lunch.
(c) Watches television and eats take-out.
(d) Turns on the radio and eats lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has gone down so low in price that the Luke's father and mother worry about how they will get by?
2. What name do Luke's Mom and Dad call the new residents that will be living next to them?
3. Who does Luke spy driving by the new houses while they are being built?
4. Luke punches his hand through the screen door of the third child's house, what happens when he enters the house?
5. How do the people moving next to Luke's family's home dress?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)