|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Luke not stop thinking about, so much so that he can't even concentrate on playing with his favorite toy?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) The new girl down the road.
(d) The outdoors.
2. What does Mark offer to play a game of with Luke to cheer him up after barging into his room?
3. What does Mother do when she opens the tax bill?
(a) She tears it to pieces.
(b) She begins to weep over it.
(c) She clutches it to her chest.
(d) She is so startled she drops it.
4. Why are the new residents that will be living next to Luke called a special name?
(a) They are really rich people.
(b) They are of royal blood.
(c) They are famous.
(d) They are gangsters.
5. What do Matthew and Mark do while Mom is at work and Dad is fixing the machinery?
(a) Plow the fields.
(b) They are in school.
(c) Harvest the fields.
(d) Take care of the animals and yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Luke begins watching the house where he saw the child's face constantly, on which day of his vigil does he see the blinds flip up and down quickly in an upstairs window?
2. What has Luke been taught all his life to fear?
3. What makes Luke decide he must act now if he wants to sneak over to the third child's house?
4. What is so amazing for Luke to look out upon from his room in Chapter 3?
5. What does Luke call the new family that has a row of birdhouses in their backyard?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)