|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Luke's brothers make fun of the bread he made?
(a) It's a funny color.
(b) It's burnt.
(c) It's lopsided and lumpy.
(d) It's doughy.
2. Since the woods near his home were torn down, how many months has Luke been trapped inside his house?
3. Luke punches his hand through the screen door of the third child's house, what happens when he enters the house?
(a) He walks quietly inside and explores the house.
(b) He gets stuck trying to get through the screen door.
(c) He sets off the alarm.
(d) He's attacked by a dog.
4. How does Jen say her dad would react if he knew she'd been looking out the window?
(a) He would cry.
(b) He would laugh.
(c) He would be furious.
(d) He would beat her.
5. After Luke tells Jen how he found out about her, what is Jen stunned to hear about Luke?
(a) That his dad yelled at him for cleaning the house and baking bread.
(b) That his parents make him eat breakfast on the stairs.
(c) That his brothers tease him about being a third child.
(d) That he has never left his own property and he has been trapped in his house for months.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Luke's mother calls him to come into the house from the woods, what does Luke do for the first time in his life?
2. What time does Luke notice all the new houses are empty by?
3. Why is Luke's Dad furious with him in Chapter 8?
4. Who did Luke's Mother hide her pregnancy from?
5. Why doesn't Luke tell his mother about what he has found in his room allowing him to look outside?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)