|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Luke's brothers make fun of the bread he made?
(a) It's burnt.
(b) It's lopsided and lumpy.
(c) It's a funny color.
(d) It's doughy.
2. What is so amazing for Luke to look out upon from his room in Chapter 3?
(a) The sight of a dog.
(b) The sight of so many people.
(c) The sight of snow.
(d) The sight of bulldozers.
3. Why doesn't Luke tell his mother about what he has found in his room allowing him to look outside?
(a) He wants it to be his secret.
(b) He fears they will forbid him from using it anymore.
(c) He knows they will cover it up.
(d) He doesn't want to get in trouble.
4. Luke punches his hand through the screen door of the third child's house, what happens when he enters the house?
(a) He walks quietly inside and explores the house.
(b) He's attacked by a dog.
(c) He sets off the alarm.
(d) He gets stuck trying to get through the screen door.
5. What does Luke listen to while standing in the woods in Chapter 1?
(a) The sound of falling trees in the distance.
(b) The sound of twigs breaking.
(c) The birds chirping.
(d) The creek rushing by.
Short Answer Questions
1. Luke realizes his home is not a sanctuary but a ___________.
2. What does Luke notice first as he makes his way outside to sneak over to the third child's house?
3. What does Luke's Dad slip quietly to Luke every day around noon?
4. Why didn't Luke's parents take the Population Law seriously when they became pregnant?
5. What does Luke imagine in Chapter 7, which he feels guilty about?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)