|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke notice on his 13th day of watching the house where he saw the child's face?
(a) He glimpses the child's face again.
(b) On a very hot day, the blinds are down, but the family leaves their windows open.
(c) He hears music coming from the house in the middle of the day.
(d) He can spy the outline of a third child at the dinner table.
2. What does the girl, whose house Luke broke into, say about the Government monitoring phone calls?
(a) Her parents are too rich for the Government to bother.
(b) They are too stupid to notice anything.
(c) They have bigger problems to worry about.
(d) They are understaffed and too incompetent to do a good job monitoring phone calls.
3. What does Luke's father get angry with him for asking about in Chapter 1?
(a) For asking when he'll be able to go outside again.
(b) For asking if he'll be able to look out the windows when people move into the new houses.
(c) For asking for seconds at dinner.
(d) For asking about why he must sleep in the attic.
4. What does Luke's Dad slip quietly to Luke every day around noon?
(a) Two sandwiches.
(c) A couple cookies.
(d) Some vegetables.
5. What does Mark yell when he knocks on Luke's bedroom door in Chapter 3?
(a) Population Police! Open up!
(b) Better hide!
(c) Open loser!
(d) You in there Lukey?!
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Luke when he finally realized that not all children had to hide from visitors?
2. After Luke's mother calls him to come into the house from the woods, what does Luke do for the first time in his life?
3. What time does Luke notice all the new houses are empty by?
4. The female third child introduces herself as Jennifer Rose Talbot; who does she say is usually very jumpy people?
5. Since not being able to eat breakfast with the whole family, why doesn't Luke ask for butter for his toast anymore?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)