|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke notice about the construction workers he spies on from his room?
(a) They will work late into the night.
(b) They are in a big hurry to finish the construction.
(c) They are taking their time with the construction.
(d) They sometimes quit in the middle of the day.
2. What do Dad, Matthew, and Mark load up for slaughter at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. What does the girl, whose house Luke broke into, say about the Government monitoring phone calls?
(a) They are too stupid to notice anything.
(b) They are understaffed and too incompetent to do a good job monitoring phone calls.
(c) Her parents are too rich for the Government to bother.
(d) They have bigger problems to worry about.
4. While the Garner family is eating dinner in Chapter 1, they hear tires on the gravel driveway. Where does Luke scramble off to?
(a) Under his parent's bed.
(b) Upstairs to hide.
(c) Under the table.
(d) In the pantry.
5. What did Luke's mother and father see on TV while pregnant that scared them?
(a) Stories of what the Population Police does to pregnant women.
(b) Pictures of what the Population Police does to third babies.
(c) The Government's ads talking about how the Population Police would do anything to enforce the law.
(d) Ads advertising the reward for turning in people who have more than two children.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does the letter from the Government tell Luke's father to get rid of?
2. Luke realizes his home is not a sanctuary but a ___________.
3. What does Luke get up at dawn to watch every morning?
4. What does Luke's Dad do every day at lunchtime?
5. What does Luke call the new family that has a row of birdhouses in their backyard?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)