|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name do Luke's Mom and Dad call the new residents that will be living next to them?
2. What is Luke delighted to find after his whole family leaves in a hurry in Chapter 8?
(a) The kitchen window shade is down.
(b) A big slab of butter for his toast.
(c) A freshly baked cake.
(d) The kitchen windown shade is up.
3. Who does Luke recall showing up, surprisingly, at his family's home years ago, begging for food?
(a) A little girl.
(b) A pregnant woman.
(c) A little boy.
(d) A tramp.
4. What does Luke's father get angry with him for asking about in Chapter 1?
(a) For asking when he'll be able to go outside again.
(b) For asking if he'll be able to look out the windows when people move into the new houses.
(c) For asking about why he must sleep in the attic.
(d) For asking for seconds at dinner.
5. What does Luke listen to while standing in the woods in Chapter 1?
(a) The creek rushing by.
(b) The birds chirping.
(c) The sound of falling trees in the distance.
(d) The sound of twigs breaking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke notice about the construction workers he spies on from his room?
2. Why didn't Luke's parents take the Population Law seriously when they became pregnant?
3. What time does Luke's Mom get home from work?
4. What does Mark offer to play a game of with Luke to cheer him up after barging into his room?
5. What does Luke notice on his 13th day of watching the house where he saw the child's face?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)