|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Luke's mother and father see on TV while pregnant that scared them?
(a) Stories of what the Population Police does to pregnant women.
(b) Ads advertising the reward for turning in people who have more than two children.
(c) The Government's ads talking about how the Population Police would do anything to enforce the law.
(d) Pictures of what the Population Police does to third babies.
2. How old was Luke when he finally realized that not all children had to hide from visitors?
3. Since not being able to eat breakfast with the whole family, why doesn't Luke ask for butter for his toast anymore?
(a) He doesn't like butter anymore.
(b) He will get yelled at for being a nusiance.
(c) Someone would have to pretend they forgot something in order to safely pass him the butter dish.
(d) His mom gives him jam now.
4. How many residents does Luke watch leave their houses before he sneaks over the the third child's house?
5. Who did Luke's Mother hide her pregnancy from?
(a) Everyone, even her own mother and sisters.
(b) A few of her friends.
(c) Her brothers.
(d) Her father and sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke tells his brother he put into the bread?
2. Luke realizes his home is not a sanctuary but a ___________.
3. In Chapter 5, what does the letter from the Government tell Luke's father to get rid of?
4. Why didn't Luke's parents take the Population Law seriously when they became pregnant?
5. What does Luke call the new family that has a row of birdhouses in their backyard?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)