|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke's father get angry with him for asking about in Chapter 1?
(a) For asking if he'll be able to look out the windows when people move into the new houses.
(b) For asking when he'll be able to go outside again.
(c) For asking for seconds at dinner.
(d) For asking about why he must sleep in the attic.
2. What does Luke's Dad do every day at lunchtime?
(a) Reads a book while eating what his wife left him for lunch.
(b) Sits and chats with Luke while they eat lunch.
(c) Watches television and eats take-out.
(d) Turns on the radio and eats lunch.
3. What does Luke's mother say is the reason she became pregnant with him?
(a) It was an accident and they were very upset about it.
(b) They planned to get pregnant.
(c) It was an accident but they wanted him very much.
(d) They were forced to get pregnant.
4. Since not being able to eat breakfast with the whole family, why doesn't Luke ask for butter for his toast anymore?
(a) He doesn't like butter anymore.
(b) He will get yelled at for being a nusiance.
(c) His mom gives him jam now.
(d) Someone would have to pretend they forgot something in order to safely pass him the butter dish.
5. After Mark leaves Luke's room, what does Luke notice light pouring out of in his room?
(a) A small hole in the wall.
(b) The ventilation shafts.
(c) Two tiny windows.
(d) A drain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke's Dad slip quietly to Luke every day around noon?
2. What does Luke listen to while standing in the woods in Chapter 1?
3. What do Luke's parents tell him that the Government forced them to sell?
4. While sitting on the attic step, after how many weeks does Luke finally give up trying to keep up with his family's conversation at meal times?
5. Who does Luke recall showing up, surprisingly, at his family's home years ago, begging for food?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)