|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dad say is the reason for the tax increase on their property?
(a) The government is in financial trouble.
(b) He wouldn't sell anymore of their farmland, so he is being punished.
(c) The new houses next door have raised the property value of their home.
(d) They have been suspected to be harboring a third child.
2. Who does Luke spy driving by the new houses while they are being built?
(a) Bus loads of people coming to look at the new houses.
(b) His grandparents.
(c) People in cheap cars wishing they could buy the houses.
(d) People in expensive looking cars looking to buy the houses.
3. Why are the new residents that will be living next to Luke called a special name?
(a) They are really rich people.
(b) They are famous.
(c) They are gangsters.
(d) They are of royal blood.
4. What does Mark yell when he knocks on Luke's bedroom door in Chapter 3?
(a) Better hide!
(b) Open loser!
(c) Population Police! Open up!
(d) You in there Lukey?!
5. While sitting on the attic step, after how many weeks does Luke finally give up trying to keep up with his family's conversation at meal times?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Four weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the Garner family is eating dinner in Chapter 1, they hear tires on the gravel driveway. Where does Luke scramble off to?
2. How do the people moving next to Luke's family's home dress?
3. Why does Luke always pause at the bottom of the steps when he comes down for breakfast in the mornings?
4. What does Luke's mother say is the reason she became pregnant with him?
5. What does Mark offer to play a game of with Luke to cheer him up after barging into his room?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)