|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Luke's Dad furious with him in Chapter 8?
(a) He catches Luke outside.
(b) He catches Luke singing loudly.
(c) He catches Luke downstairs in the middle of the day.
(d) He catches Luke looking out the windows.
2. What has gone down so low in price that the Luke's father and mother worry about how they will get by?
3. What does Mother do when she opens the tax bill?
(a) She is so startled she drops it.
(b) She tears it to pieces.
(c) She begins to weep over it.
(d) She clutches it to her chest.
4. What does Luke imagine in Chapter 7, which he feels guilty about?
(a) Wanting one of his brothers to die so he can take their place.
(b) Moving in with a family with only one child and living a normal life.
(c) Running away.
(d) Wishing he'd never been born.
5. How much more money is the tax bill from previous years?
(a) Two times the usual amount.
(b) Five times the usual amount.
(c) Four times the usual amount.
(d) Three times the usual amount.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so amazing for Luke to look out upon from his room in Chapter 3?
2. What does Luke beg his mother to convince his dad of in Chapter 9?
3. What is Luke delighted to find after his whole family leaves in a hurry in Chapter 8?
4. What is Luke playing with in Chapter 3 that had once been his favorite toy?
5. What does Mark yell when he knocks on Luke's bedroom door in Chapter 3?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)