|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Luke's Mom have to be at the factory every day?
(a) 9:00 AM.
(b) 8:00 AM.
(c) 6:00 AM.
(d) 7:00 AM.
2. Who is going to be living in the new houses being built next to Luke's home?
(c) Government workers and other city folk.
(d) Miners and their families.
3. What does Luke imagine in Chapter 7, which he feels guilty about?
(a) Wishing he'd never been born.
(b) Running away.
(c) Wanting one of his brothers to die so he can take their place.
(d) Moving in with a family with only one child and living a normal life.
4. Why do Luke's brothers make fun of the bread he made?
(a) It's a funny color.
(b) It's burnt.
(c) It's lopsided and lumpy.
(d) It's doughy.
5. How do the people moving next to Luke's family's home dress?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Luke when he finally realized that not all children had to hide from visitors?
2. What new house does Luke spy a child looking out the window of after his dad banishes him from the kitchen?
3. Why didn't Luke's parents take the Population Law seriously when they became pregnant?
4. What does Luke's father get angry with him for asking about in Chapter 1?
5. After Matthew asks how the family can possibly pay the property taxes, what does Mother announce she has just received?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)