|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Luke feel about the new houses being built next to his home?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He loves them.
(c) He hates them.
(d) He is frustrated.
2. What event does Luke recall that made him realize his brothers have never had to hide like him?
(a) Matthew's birthday party.
(b) His father's birthday party.
(c) His mother's birthday party.
(d) Mark's birthday party.
3. Why is Luke afraid he will never be allowed outside again?
(a) Because he disobeyed his father.
(b) Because he was seen by a stranger.
(c) Because he did not listen to his mother.
(d) Because the woods are being cut down.
4. What does Luke listen to while standing in the woods in Chapter 1?
(a) The sound of twigs breaking.
(b) The birds chirping.
(c) The creek rushing by.
(d) The sound of falling trees in the distance.
5. Why does Luke always pause at the bottom of the steps when he comes down for breakfast in the mornings?
(a) To make sure everyone is awake.
(b) To make sure his father is away at work.
(c) To make sure no visitors are inside the kitchen.
(d) To make sure his brothers have left for school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke tells his brother he put into the bread?
2. What can Luke not stop thinking about, so much so that he can't even concentrate on playing with his favorite toy?
3. What does Luke's mother say is the reason she became pregnant with him?
4. How much more money is the tax bill from previous years?
5. What does Mark yell when he knocks on Luke's bedroom door in Chapter 3?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)