|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Luke spy driving by the new houses while they are being built?
(a) His grandparents.
(b) People in cheap cars wishing they could buy the houses.
(c) People in expensive looking cars looking to buy the houses.
(d) Bus loads of people coming to look at the new houses.
2. What new house does Luke spy a child looking out the window of after his dad banishes him from the kitchen?
(a) Birdbrain Family House.
(b) Sport's Family House.
(c) Gold Family House.
(d) Big Car Family House.
3. What can Luke not stop thinking about, so much so that he can't even concentrate on playing with his favorite toy?
(a) His father.
(b) The outdoors.
(c) His mother.
(d) The new girl down the road.
4. Why does Luke's mother make him sit and eat his breakfast on the bottom step to the attic?
(a) He is not allowed anywhere else in the house.
(b) He is being punished for looking out the window.
(c) The construction workers have started to wonder why the family's shades are always drawn.
(d) He has dirt on his shoes.
5. How does Luke feel about the new houses being built next to his home?
(a) He hates them.
(b) He loves them.
(c) He is frustrated.
(d) He is sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Luke's brothers, Matthew and Mark, complain that they will have to do since Luke is not allowed outside anymore?
2. What does Luke call the new family that has a row of birdhouses in their backyard?
3. Why is Luke's Dad furious with him in Chapter 8?
4. What is Luke delighted to find after his whole family leaves in a hurry in Chapter 8?
5. After Matthew asks how the family can possibly pay the property taxes, what does Mother announce she has just received?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)