|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so amazing for Luke to look out upon from his room in Chapter 3?
(a) The sight of so many people.
(b) The sight of a dog.
(c) The sight of bulldozers.
(d) The sight of snow.
2. What are some of the orders Luke recalls the Government giving his family in the past?
(a) Where to plant their pumpkins and where to sell them.
(b) Where to plant their potatoes and how much they can plant.
(c) Where to plant their corn and how much to charge for their crops.
(d) Where to plant their tomatoes and how much they can keep for their family.
3. What is Luke delighted to find after his whole family leaves in a hurry in Chapter 8?
(a) A big slab of butter for his toast.
(b) A freshly baked cake.
(c) The kitchen window shade is down.
(d) The kitchen windown shade is up.
4. What does Luke's Dad do every day at lunchtime?
(a) Watches television and eats take-out.
(b) Sits and chats with Luke while they eat lunch.
(c) Turns on the radio and eats lunch.
(d) Reads a book while eating what his wife left him for lunch.
5. Why is Luke afraid he will never be allowed outside again?
(a) Because he was seen by a stranger.
(b) Because he did not listen to his mother.
(c) Because he disobeyed his father.
(d) Because the woods are being cut down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Luke recall showing up, surprisingly, at his family's home years ago, begging for food?
2. Why is Luke's Dad furious with him in Chapter 8?
3. How much more money is the tax bill from previous years?
4. The books Luke reads that are his fathers, what are they about?
5. What does Luke listen to while standing in the woods in Chapter 1?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)