|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Luke playing with in Chapter 3 that had once been his favorite toy?
(a) A racecar.
(b) A dinosaur.
(c) A dump truck.
(d) A train.
2. What did Luke's mother and father see on TV while pregnant that scared them?
(a) The Government's ads talking about how the Population Police would do anything to enforce the law.
(b) Stories of what the Population Police does to pregnant women.
(c) Ads advertising the reward for turning in people who have more than two children.
(d) Pictures of what the Population Police does to third babies.
3. While the Garner family is eating dinner in Chapter 1, they hear tires on the gravel driveway. Where does Luke scramble off to?
(a) Under his parent's bed.
(b) In the pantry.
(c) Under the table.
(d) Upstairs to hide.
4. What does Luke's Dad do every day at lunchtime?
(a) Sits and chats with Luke while they eat lunch.
(b) Reads a book while eating what his wife left him for lunch.
(c) Watches television and eats take-out.
(d) Turns on the radio and eats lunch.
5. What do Luke's brothers, Matthew and Mark, complain that they will have to do since Luke is not allowed outside anymore?
(a) Taking out the garbage.
(b) The laundry.
(c) All of his chores.
(d) The fishing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Luke's parents take the Population Law seriously when they became pregnant?
2. What name do Luke's Mom and Dad call the new residents that will be living next to them?
3. What does Luke's Dad slip quietly to Luke every day around noon?
4. Why doesn't Luke tell his mother about what he has found in his room allowing him to look outside?
5. What are some of the orders Luke recalls the Government giving his family in the past?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)