|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Luke's Mom get home from work?
(a) 6:30 PM.
(b) 5:30 PM.
(c) 7:00 PM.
(d) 6:00 PM.
2. What do Luke's brothers, Matthew and Mark, complain that they will have to do since Luke is not allowed outside anymore?
(a) Taking out the garbage.
(b) The fishing.
(c) All of his chores.
(d) The laundry.
3. Since not being able to eat breakfast with the whole family, why doesn't Luke ask for butter for his toast anymore?
(a) He doesn't like butter anymore.
(b) He will get yelled at for being a nusiance.
(c) Someone would have to pretend they forgot something in order to safely pass him the butter dish.
(d) His mom gives him jam now.
4. What new house does Luke spy a child looking out the window of after his dad banishes him from the kitchen?
(a) Sport's Family House.
(b) Birdbrain Family House.
(c) Gold Family House.
(d) Big Car Family House.
5. After Matthew asks how the family can possibly pay the property taxes, what does Mother announce she has just received?
(a) Her work permit.
(b) An inheritance from her mother.
(c) An offer from someone to buy their farm.
(d) Another new bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the Garner family is eating dinner in Chapter 1, they hear tires on the gravel driveway. Where does Luke scramble off to?
2. How big are the houses being built next to Luke's home?
3. How do the people moving next to Luke's family's home dress?
4. What does Luke get up at dawn to watch every morning?
5. Why doesn't Luke tell his mother about what he has found in his room allowing him to look outside?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)