|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mother do when she opens the tax bill?
(a) She begins to weep over it.
(b) She clutches it to her chest.
(c) She tears it to pieces.
(d) She is so startled she drops it.
2. What has gone down so low in price that the Luke's father and mother worry about how they will get by?
3. Why do Luke's brothers make fun of the bread he made?
(a) It's lopsided and lumpy.
(b) It's burnt.
(c) It's a funny color.
(d) It's doughy.
4. What time does Luke notice all the new houses are empty by?
(a) 9:00 AM.
(b) 8:00 AM.
(c) 7:30 AM.
(d) 8:30 AM.
5. Why does Luke's mother make him sit and eat his breakfast on the bottom step to the attic?
(a) The construction workers have started to wonder why the family's shades are always drawn.
(b) He has dirt on his shoes.
(c) He is not allowed anywhere else in the house.
(d) He is being punished for looking out the window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Luke playing with in Chapter 3 that had once been his favorite toy?
2. Why is Luke afraid he will never be allowed outside again?
3. What does Luke's Dad slip quietly to Luke every day around noon?
4. What does Luke listen to while standing in the woods in Chapter 1?
5. The books Luke reads that are his fathers, what are they about?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)