|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Luke's mother and father see on TV while pregnant that scared them?
(a) Ads advertising the reward for turning in people who have more than two children.
(b) Pictures of what the Population Police does to third babies.
(c) The Government's ads talking about how the Population Police would do anything to enforce the law.
(d) Stories of what the Population Police does to pregnant women.
2. What time does Luke notice all the new houses are empty by?
(a) 8:30 AM.
(b) 7:30 AM.
(c) 9:00 AM.
(d) 8:00 AM.
3. Why does Luke's mother make him sit and eat his breakfast on the bottom step to the attic?
(a) He is being punished for looking out the window.
(b) The construction workers have started to wonder why the family's shades are always drawn.
(c) He has dirt on his shoes.
(d) He is not allowed anywhere else in the house.
4. What do Luke's parents tell him that the Government forced them to sell?
(a) The woods next to their house.
(b) Their car.
(c) Their cabin by the lake.
(d) Their house.
5. What time does Luke's Mom have to be at the factory every day?
(a) 6:00 AM.
(b) 7:00 AM.
(c) 8:00 AM.
(d) 9:00 AM.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Luke afraid he will never be allowed outside again?
2. What are some of the orders Luke recalls the Government giving his family in the past?
3. Who does Luke spy driving by the new houses while they are being built?
4. Why doesn't Luke tell his mother about what he has found in his room allowing him to look outside?
5. What does Luke listen to while standing in the woods in Chapter 1?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)