|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since not being able to eat breakfast with the whole family, why doesn't Luke ask for butter for his toast anymore?
(a) He doesn't like butter anymore.
(b) Someone would have to pretend they forgot something in order to safely pass him the butter dish.
(c) He will get yelled at for being a nusiance.
(d) His mom gives him jam now.
2. Who did Luke's Mother hide her pregnancy from?
(a) Everyone, even her own mother and sisters.
(b) A few of her friends.
(c) Her father and sisters.
(d) Her brothers.
3. What is Luke playing with in Chapter 3 that had once been his favorite toy?
(a) A train.
(b) A racecar.
(c) A dump truck.
(d) A dinosaur.
4. What time does Luke notice all the new houses are empty by?
(a) 9:00 AM.
(b) 7:30 AM.
(c) 8:30 AM.
(d) 8:00 AM.
5. Why doesn't Luke tell his mother about what he has found in his room allowing him to look outside?
(a) He fears they will forbid him from using it anymore.
(b) He knows they will cover it up.
(c) He wants it to be his secret.
(d) He doesn't want to get in trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke beg his mother to convince his dad of in Chapter 9?
2. What does Luke call the new family that has a row of birdhouses in their backyard?
3. What does Luke's mother say is the reason she became pregnant with him?
4. Why didn't Luke's parents take the Population Law seriously when they became pregnant?
5. What is Luke's favorite part of his day?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)