|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke call the new family that has a row of birdhouses in their backyard?
(a) The Bird bath family.
(b) The Birdbrain family.
(c) The Chirpy family.
(d) The Birdy family.
2. How old was Luke when he finally realized that not all children had to hide from visitors?
3. What time does Luke's Mom have to be at the factory every day?
(a) 8:00 AM.
(b) 7:00 AM.
(c) 6:00 AM.
(d) 9:00 AM.
4. In Chapter 5, what does the letter from the Government tell Luke's father to get rid of?
(a) Their sheep.
(b) Their horses.
(c) Their hogs.
(d) Their cows.
5. After Matthew asks how the family can possibly pay the property taxes, what does Mother announce she has just received?
(a) Her work permit.
(b) An inheritance from her mother.
(c) An offer from someone to buy their farm.
(d) Another new bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is going to be living in the new houses being built next to Luke's home?
2. Why are the new residents that will be living next to Luke called a special name?
3. What new house does Luke spy a child looking out the window of after his dad banishes him from the kitchen?
4. Who does Luke spy driving by the new houses while they are being built?
5. Since not being able to eat breakfast with the whole family, why doesn't Luke ask for butter for his toast anymore?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)