|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Luke's mother calls him to come into the house from the woods, what does Luke do for the first time in his life?
(a) He runs away and hides.
(b) He yells "no" at her.
(c) He does not obey right away.
(d) He comes immediately.
2. What does Luke's Dad slip quietly to Luke every day around noon?
(a) Two sandwiches.
(b) Some vegetables.
(c) A couple cookies.
3. What time does Luke's Mom have to be at the factory every day?
(a) 8:00 AM.
(b) 7:00 AM.
(c) 6:00 AM.
(d) 9:00 AM.
4. What does Luke imagine in Chapter 7, which he feels guilty about?
(a) Moving in with a family with only one child and living a normal life.
(b) Running away.
(c) Wishing he'd never been born.
(d) Wanting one of his brothers to die so he can take their place.
5. How does Luke feel about the new houses being built next to his home?
(a) He loves them.
(b) He is sad.
(c) He hates them.
(d) He is frustrated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is going to be living in the new houses being built next to Luke's home?
2. What does Mark offer to play a game of with Luke to cheer him up after barging into his room?
3. What does Luke tells his brother he put into the bread?
4. After Matthew asks how the family can possibly pay the property taxes, what does Mother announce she has just received?
5. What does Luke call the new family that has a row of birdhouses in their backyard?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)