|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke's father get angry with him for asking about in Chapter 1?
(a) For asking if he'll be able to look out the windows when people move into the new houses.
(b) For asking about why he must sleep in the attic.
(c) For asking for seconds at dinner.
(d) For asking when he'll be able to go outside again.
2. What does Luke get up at dawn to watch every morning?
(a) His family eat breakfast.
(b) The work on the new houses.
(c) The sun rise.
(d) The animals out his window.
3. What did Luke's mother and father see on TV while pregnant that scared them?
(a) Pictures of what the Population Police does to third babies.
(b) The Government's ads talking about how the Population Police would do anything to enforce the law.
(c) Stories of what the Population Police does to pregnant women.
(d) Ads advertising the reward for turning in people who have more than two children.
4. What has gone down so low in price that the Luke's father and mother worry about how they will get by?
5. Why didn't Luke's parents take the Population Law seriously when they became pregnant?
(a) They didn't care what the Government thought.
(b) They were too scared.
(c) They were mad at the Government.
(d) The law was new and they figured the Government would get over its foolishness.
Short Answer Questions
1. The books Luke reads that are his fathers, what are they about?
2. What can Luke not stop thinking about, so much so that he can't even concentrate on playing with his favorite toy?
3. After Luke's mother calls him to come into the house from the woods, what does Luke do for the first time in his life?
4. What does Dad say is the reason for the tax increase on their property?
5. Who did Luke's Mother hide her pregnancy from?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)