|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke notice about the construction workers he spies on from his room?
(a) They will work late into the night.
(b) They are taking their time with the construction.
(c) They sometimes quit in the middle of the day.
(d) They are in a big hurry to finish the construction.
2. Who is going to be living in the new houses being built next to Luke's home?
(a) Miners and their families.
(b) Government workers and other city folk.
3. Why doesn't Luke protest about not being able to eat at the kitchen table anymore?
(a) He knows he will only get himself in more trouble.
(b) He is too upset.
(c) He knows they will not listen to him.
(d) He knows his family is only trying to protect him.
4. Why doesn't Luke tell his mother about what he has found in his room allowing him to look outside?
(a) He knows they will cover it up.
(b) He doesn't want to get in trouble.
(c) He fears they will forbid him from using it anymore.
(d) He wants it to be his secret.
5. Since not being able to eat breakfast with the whole family, why doesn't Luke ask for butter for his toast anymore?
(a) His mom gives him jam now.
(b) He doesn't like butter anymore.
(c) Someone would have to pretend they forgot something in order to safely pass him the butter dish.
(d) He will get yelled at for being a nusiance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Luke delighted to find after his whole family leaves in a hurry in Chapter 8?
2. The books Luke reads that are his fathers, what are they about?
3. Why is Luke's Dad furious with him in Chapter 8?
4. What name do Luke's Mom and Dad call the new residents that will be living next to them?
5. What can Luke not stop thinking about, so much so that he can't even concentrate on playing with his favorite toy?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)