|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Luke not stop thinking about, so much so that he can't even concentrate on playing with his favorite toy?
(a) The new girl down the road.
(b) The outdoors.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
2. What did Luke's mother and father see on TV while pregnant that scared them?
(a) Pictures of what the Population Police does to third babies.
(b) The Government's ads talking about how the Population Police would do anything to enforce the law.
(c) Stories of what the Population Police does to pregnant women.
(d) Ads advertising the reward for turning in people who have more than two children.
3. While the Garner family is eating dinner in Chapter 1, they hear tires on the gravel driveway. Where does Luke scramble off to?
(a) Under his parent's bed.
(b) Under the table.
(c) In the pantry.
(d) Upstairs to hide.
4. What do Luke's brothers, Matthew and Mark, complain that they will have to do since Luke is not allowed outside anymore?
(a) The laundry.
(b) The fishing.
(c) All of his chores.
(d) Taking out the garbage.
5. What is Luke playing with in Chapter 3 that had once been his favorite toy?
(a) A train.
(b) A dump truck.
(c) A racecar.
(d) A dinosaur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke's father get angry with him for asking about in Chapter 1?
2. What event does Luke recall that made him realize his brothers have never had to hide like him?
3. What do Luke's parents tell him that the Government forced them to sell?
4. What does Luke listen to while standing in the woods in Chapter 1?
5. How old was Luke when he finally realized that not all children had to hide from visitors?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)