|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so amazing for Luke to look out upon from his room in Chapter 3?
(a) The sight of bulldozers.
(b) The sight of snow.
(c) The sight of so many people.
(d) The sight of a dog.
2. What does Luke's mother say is the reason she became pregnant with him?
(a) It was an accident but they wanted him very much.
(b) It was an accident and they were very upset about it.
(c) They planned to get pregnant.
(d) They were forced to get pregnant.
3. What event does Luke recall that made him realize his brothers have never had to hide like him?
(a) Mark's birthday party.
(b) His father's birthday party.
(c) His mother's birthday party.
(d) Matthew's birthday party.
4. Who did Luke's Mother hide her pregnancy from?
(a) Her father and sisters.
(b) Her brothers.
(c) A few of her friends.
(d) Everyone, even her own mother and sisters.
5. Who is going to be living in the new houses being built next to Luke's home?
(b) Government workers and other city folk.
(d) Miners and their families.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark yell when he knocks on Luke's bedroom door in Chapter 3?
2. Why didn't Luke's parents take the Population Law seriously when they became pregnant?
3. What can Luke not stop thinking about, so much so that he can't even concentrate on playing with his favorite toy?
4. Why doesn't Luke protest about not being able to eat at the kitchen table anymore?
5. Why is Luke afraid he will never be allowed outside again?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)