|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Luke always pause at the bottom of the steps when he comes down for breakfast in the mornings?
(a) To make sure everyone is awake.
(b) To make sure his brothers have left for school.
(c) To make sure no visitors are inside the kitchen.
(d) To make sure his father is away at work.
2. What does Luke's father get angry with him for asking about in Chapter 1?
(a) For asking if he'll be able to look out the windows when people move into the new houses.
(b) For asking about why he must sleep in the attic.
(c) For asking for seconds at dinner.
(d) For asking when he'll be able to go outside again.
3. After Luke's mother calls him to come into the house from the woods, what does Luke do for the first time in his life?
(a) He comes immediately.
(b) He does not obey right away.
(c) He yells "no" at her.
(d) He runs away and hides.
4. What did Luke's mother and father see on TV while pregnant that scared them?
(a) The Government's ads talking about how the Population Police would do anything to enforce the law.
(b) Ads advertising the reward for turning in people who have more than two children.
(c) Stories of what the Population Police does to pregnant women.
(d) Pictures of what the Population Police does to third babies.
5. In Chapter 5, what does the letter from the Government tell Luke's father to get rid of?
(a) Their cows.
(b) Their horses.
(c) Their hogs.
(d) Their sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so amazing for Luke to look out upon from his room in Chapter 3?
2. After Mark leaves Luke's room, what does Luke notice light pouring out of in his room?
3. Who does Luke recall showing up, surprisingly, at his family's home years ago, begging for food?
4. What does Luke's mother say is the reason she became pregnant with him?
5. Why doesn't Luke tell his mother about what he has found in his room allowing him to look outside?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)