|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Luke's Mother hide her pregnancy from?
(a) A few of her friends.
(b) Everyone, even her own mother and sisters.
(c) Her father and sisters.
(d) Her brothers.
2. Why does Luke always pause at the bottom of the steps when he comes down for breakfast in the mornings?
(a) To make sure no visitors are inside the kitchen.
(b) To make sure everyone is awake.
(c) To make sure his father is away at work.
(d) To make sure his brothers have left for school.
3. What is so amazing for Luke to look out upon from his room in Chapter 3?
(a) The sight of a dog.
(b) The sight of bulldozers.
(c) The sight of snow.
(d) The sight of so many people.
4. While the Garner family is eating dinner in Chapter 1, they hear tires on the gravel driveway. Where does Luke scramble off to?
(a) Under his parent's bed.
(b) Under the table.
(c) In the pantry.
(d) Upstairs to hide.
5. After Mark leaves Luke's room, what does Luke notice light pouring out of in his room?
(a) A drain.
(b) A small hole in the wall.
(c) The ventilation shafts.
(d) Two tiny windows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is going to be living in the new houses being built next to Luke's home?
2. Why didn't Luke's parents take the Population Law seriously when they became pregnant?
3. What event does Luke recall that made him realize his brothers have never had to hide like him?
4. What do Luke's parents tell him that the Government forced them to sell?
5. What do Luke's brothers, Matthew and Mark, complain that they will have to do since Luke is not allowed outside anymore?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)