|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are some of the orders Luke recalls the Government giving his family in the past?
(a) Where to plant their pumpkins and where to sell them.
(b) Where to plant their potatoes and how much they can plant.
(c) Where to plant their corn and how much to charge for their crops.
(d) Where to plant their tomatoes and how much they can keep for their family.
2. What do Luke's parents tell him that the Government forced them to sell?
(a) The woods next to their house.
(b) Their house.
(c) Their cabin by the lake.
(d) Their car.
3. What has gone down so low in price that the Luke's father and mother worry about how they will get by?
4. What is Luke playing with in Chapter 3 that had once been his favorite toy?
(a) A racecar.
(b) A dinosaur.
(c) A dump truck.
(d) A train.
5. What event does Luke recall that made him realize his brothers have never had to hide like him?
(a) His father's birthday party.
(b) Mark's birthday party.
(c) Matthew's birthday party.
(d) His mother's birthday party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Luke's brothers, Matthew and Mark, complain that they will have to do since Luke is not allowed outside anymore?
2. After Luke's mother calls him to come into the house from the woods, what does Luke do for the first time in his life?
3. What does Mark yell when he knocks on Luke's bedroom door in Chapter 3?
4. Why does Luke always pause at the bottom of the steps when he comes down for breakfast in the mornings?
5. In Chapter 5, what does the letter from the Government tell Luke's father to get rid of?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)