|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does Luke recall that made him realize his brothers have never had to hide like him?
(a) Mark's birthday party.
(b) His father's birthday party.
(c) His mother's birthday party.
(d) Matthew's birthday party.
2. What is so amazing for Luke to look out upon from his room in Chapter 3?
(a) The sight of bulldozers.
(b) The sight of so many people.
(c) The sight of snow.
(d) The sight of a dog.
3. Who does Luke recall showing up, surprisingly, at his family's home years ago, begging for food?
(a) A pregnant woman.
(b) A tramp.
(c) A little boy.
(d) A little girl.
4. While the Garner family is eating dinner in Chapter 1, they hear tires on the gravel driveway. Where does Luke scramble off to?
(a) Under his parent's bed.
(b) Under the table.
(c) Upstairs to hide.
(d) In the pantry.
5. What is Luke playing with in Chapter 3 that had once been his favorite toy?
(a) A train.
(b) A dump truck.
(c) A dinosaur.
(d) A racecar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke notice about the construction workers he spies on from his room?
2. In Chapter 5, what does the letter from the Government tell Luke's father to get rid of?
3. Why does Luke always pause at the bottom of the steps when he comes down for breakfast in the mornings?
4. What are some of the orders Luke recalls the Government giving his family in the past?
5. What does Luke listen to while standing in the woods in Chapter 1?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)