|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the Garner family is eating dinner in Chapter 1, they hear tires on the gravel driveway. Where does Luke scramble off to?
(a) Under his parent's bed.
(b) In the pantry.
(c) Upstairs to hide.
(d) Under the table.
2. What does Luke listen to while standing in the woods in Chapter 1?
(a) The creek rushing by.
(b) The sound of falling trees in the distance.
(c) The sound of twigs breaking.
(d) The birds chirping.
3. What do Luke's parents tell him that the Government forced them to sell?
(a) Their house.
(b) Their cabin by the lake.
(c) Their car.
(d) The woods next to their house.
4. What did Luke's mother and father see on TV while pregnant that scared them?
(a) Stories of what the Population Police does to pregnant women.
(b) The Government's ads talking about how the Population Police would do anything to enforce the law.
(c) Pictures of what the Population Police does to third babies.
(d) Ads advertising the reward for turning in people who have more than two children.
5. After Mark leaves Luke's room, what does Luke notice light pouring out of in his room?
(a) A drain.
(b) A small hole in the wall.
(c) The ventilation shafts.
(d) Two tiny windows.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Luke's mother calls him to come into the house from the woods, what does Luke do for the first time in his life?
2. Who did Luke's Mother hide her pregnancy from?
3. Why does Luke's mother make him sit and eat his breakfast on the bottom step to the attic?
4. What is Luke playing with in Chapter 3 that had once been his favorite toy?
5. What does Mark yell when he knocks on Luke's bedroom door in Chapter 3?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)