|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Luke's mother make him sit and eat his breakfast on the bottom step to the attic?
(a) He is not allowed anywhere else in the house.
(b) He has dirt on his shoes.
(c) The construction workers have started to wonder why the family's shades are always drawn.
(d) He is being punished for looking out the window.
2. After Mark leaves Luke's room, what does Luke notice light pouring out of in his room?
(a) A drain.
(b) Two tiny windows.
(c) The ventilation shafts.
(d) A small hole in the wall.
3. What is Luke playing with in Chapter 3 that had once been his favorite toy?
(a) A dump truck.
(b) A dinosaur.
(c) A racecar.
(d) A train.
4. What has gone down so low in price that the Luke's father and mother worry about how they will get by?
5. What does Luke's father get angry with him for asking about in Chapter 1?
(a) For asking when he'll be able to go outside again.
(b) For asking if he'll be able to look out the windows when people move into the new houses.
(c) For asking for seconds at dinner.
(d) For asking about why he must sleep in the attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is going to be living in the new houses being built next to Luke's home?
2. Why didn't Luke's parents take the Population Law seriously when they became pregnant?
3. While sitting on the attic step, after how many weeks does Luke finally give up trying to keep up with his family's conversation at meal times?
4. What can Luke not stop thinking about, so much so that he can't even concentrate on playing with his favorite toy?
5. What does Luke notice about the construction workers he spies on from his room?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)