|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Luke's mother make him sit and eat his breakfast on the bottom step to the attic?
(a) He has dirt on his shoes.
(b) He is being punished for looking out the window.
(c) The construction workers have started to wonder why the family's shades are always drawn.
(d) He is not allowed anywhere else in the house.
2. Who does Luke recall showing up, surprisingly, at his family's home years ago, begging for food?
(a) A tramp.
(b) A pregnant woman.
(c) A little boy.
(d) A little girl.
3. How old was Luke when he finally realized that not all children had to hide from visitors?
4. While the Garner family is eating dinner in Chapter 1, they hear tires on the gravel driveway. Where does Luke scramble off to?
(a) In the pantry.
(b) Upstairs to hide.
(c) Under his parent's bed.
(d) Under the table.
5. What has gone down so low in price that the Luke's father and mother worry about how they will get by?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Luke's parents take the Population Law seriously when they became pregnant?
2. While sitting on the attic step, after how many weeks does Luke finally give up trying to keep up with his family's conversation at meal times?
3. What does Luke notice about the construction workers he spies on from his room?
4. Who is going to be living in the new houses being built next to Luke's home?
5. What do Luke's parents tell him that the Government forced them to sell?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)