|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke listen to while standing in the woods in Chapter 1?
(a) The birds chirping.
(b) The sound of twigs breaking.
(c) The creek rushing by.
(d) The sound of falling trees in the distance.
2. After Mark leaves Luke's room, what does Luke notice light pouring out of in his room?
(a) A drain.
(b) The ventilation shafts.
(c) A small hole in the wall.
(d) Two tiny windows.
3. Why is Luke afraid he will never be allowed outside again?
(a) Because he did not listen to his mother.
(b) Because he disobeyed his father.
(c) Because the woods are being cut down.
(d) Because he was seen by a stranger.
4. What did Luke's mother and father see on TV while pregnant that scared them?
(a) The Government's ads talking about how the Population Police would do anything to enforce the law.
(b) Stories of what the Population Police does to pregnant women.
(c) Ads advertising the reward for turning in people who have more than two children.
(d) Pictures of what the Population Police does to third babies.
5. In Chapter 5, what does the letter from the Government tell Luke's father to get rid of?
(a) Their cows.
(b) Their sheep.
(c) Their hogs.
(d) Their horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke's mother say is the reason she became pregnant with him?
2. What are some of the orders Luke recalls the Government giving his family in the past?
3. How old was Luke when he finally realized that not all children had to hide from visitors?
4. What do Luke's parents tell him that the Government forced them to sell?
5. While sitting on the attic step, after how many weeks does Luke finally give up trying to keep up with his family's conversation at meal times?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)