|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Luke's mother calls him to come into the house from the woods, what does Luke do for the first time in his life?
(a) He comes immediately.
(b) He runs away and hides.
(c) He does not obey right away.
(d) He yells "no" at her.
2. Who does Luke recall showing up, surprisingly, at his family's home years ago, begging for food?
(a) A pregnant woman.
(b) A little girl.
(c) A little boy.
(d) A tramp.
3. What is so amazing for Luke to look out upon from his room in Chapter 3?
(a) The sight of a dog.
(b) The sight of snow.
(c) The sight of bulldozers.
(d) The sight of so many people.
4. While sitting on the attic step, after how many weeks does Luke finally give up trying to keep up with his family's conversation at meal times?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Four weeks.
5. How old was Luke when he finally realized that not all children had to hide from visitors?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are some of the orders Luke recalls the Government giving his family in the past?
2. What is Luke playing with in Chapter 3 that had once been his favorite toy?
3. What does Luke's father get angry with him for asking about in Chapter 1?
4. What does Mark yell when he knocks on Luke's bedroom door in Chapter 3?
5. Why does Luke's mother make him sit and eat his breakfast on the bottom step to the attic?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)