|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Luke's Mother hide her pregnancy from?
(a) Her brothers.
(b) A few of her friends.
(c) Everyone, even her own mother and sisters.
(d) Her father and sisters.
2. What does Luke listen to while standing in the woods in Chapter 1?
(a) The birds chirping.
(b) The sound of falling trees in the distance.
(c) The sound of twigs breaking.
(d) The creek rushing by.
3. What is so amazing for Luke to look out upon from his room in Chapter 3?
(a) The sight of so many people.
(b) The sight of a dog.
(c) The sight of bulldozers.
(d) The sight of snow.
4. What does Luke notice about the construction workers he spies on from his room?
(a) They sometimes quit in the middle of the day.
(b) They are in a big hurry to finish the construction.
(c) They will work late into the night.
(d) They are taking their time with the construction.
5. Why does Luke always pause at the bottom of the steps when he comes down for breakfast in the mornings?
(a) To make sure everyone is awake.
(b) To make sure no visitors are inside the kitchen.
(c) To make sure his father is away at work.
(d) To make sure his brothers have left for school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are some of the orders Luke recalls the Government giving his family in the past?
2. What do Luke's brothers, Matthew and Mark, complain that they will have to do since Luke is not allowed outside anymore?
3. After Mark leaves Luke's room, what does Luke notice light pouring out of in his room?
4. What do Luke's parents tell him that the Government forced them to sell?
5. What does Mark yell when he knocks on Luke's bedroom door in Chapter 3?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)