|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Luke tell his mother about what he has found in his room allowing him to look outside?
(a) He knows they will cover it up.
(b) He doesn't want to get in trouble.
(c) He fears they will forbid him from using it anymore.
(d) He wants it to be his secret.
2. Why didn't Luke's parents take the Population Law seriously when they became pregnant?
(a) They didn't care what the Government thought.
(b) The law was new and they figured the Government would get over its foolishness.
(c) They were too scared.
(d) They were mad at the Government.
3. Why does Luke's mother make him sit and eat his breakfast on the bottom step to the attic?
(a) He is being punished for looking out the window.
(b) He has dirt on his shoes.
(c) He is not allowed anywhere else in the house.
(d) The construction workers have started to wonder why the family's shades are always drawn.
4. What are some of the orders Luke recalls the Government giving his family in the past?
(a) Where to plant their potatoes and how much they can plant.
(b) Where to plant their corn and how much to charge for their crops.
(c) Where to plant their pumpkins and where to sell them.
(d) Where to plant their tomatoes and how much they can keep for their family.
5. In Chapter 5, what does the letter from the Government tell Luke's father to get rid of?
(a) Their sheep.
(b) Their cows.
(c) Their hogs.
(d) Their horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke notice about the construction workers he spies on from his room?
2. What does Mark offer to play a game of with Luke to cheer him up after barging into his room?
3. Who does Luke recall showing up, surprisingly, at his family's home years ago, begging for food?
4. How old was Luke when he finally realized that not all children had to hide from visitors?
5. What event does Luke recall that made him realize his brothers have never had to hide like him?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)