|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mark offer to play a game of with Luke to cheer him up after barging into his room?
2. What do Luke's brothers, Matthew and Mark, complain that they will have to do since Luke is not allowed outside anymore?
(a) Taking out the garbage.
(b) The fishing.
(c) All of his chores.
(d) The laundry.
3. What does Luke's father get angry with him for asking about in Chapter 1?
(a) For asking for seconds at dinner.
(b) For asking about why he must sleep in the attic.
(c) For asking if he'll be able to look out the windows when people move into the new houses.
(d) For asking when he'll be able to go outside again.
4. Why does Luke always pause at the bottom of the steps when he comes down for breakfast in the mornings?
(a) To make sure no visitors are inside the kitchen.
(b) To make sure his brothers have left for school.
(c) To make sure everyone is awake.
(d) To make sure his father is away at work.
5. What is so amazing for Luke to look out upon from his room in Chapter 3?
(a) The sight of bulldozers.
(b) The sight of a dog.
(c) The sight of so many people.
(d) The sight of snow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke listen to while standing in the woods in Chapter 1?
2. What is Luke playing with in Chapter 3 that had once been his favorite toy?
3. How old was Luke when he finally realized that not all children had to hide from visitors?
4. Who does Luke recall showing up, surprisingly, at his family's home years ago, begging for food?
5. Why didn't Luke's parents take the Population Law seriously when they became pregnant?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)