|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Luke when he finally realized that not all children had to hide from visitors?
2. Why does Luke always pause at the bottom of the steps when he comes down for breakfast in the mornings?
(a) To make sure his father is away at work.
(b) To make sure everyone is awake.
(c) To make sure no visitors are inside the kitchen.
(d) To make sure his brothers have left for school.
3. Why does Luke's mother make him sit and eat his breakfast on the bottom step to the attic?
(a) He is not allowed anywhere else in the house.
(b) He has dirt on his shoes.
(c) He is being punished for looking out the window.
(d) The construction workers have started to wonder why the family's shades are always drawn.
4. What does Mark offer to play a game of with Luke to cheer him up after barging into his room?
5. Why didn't Luke's parents take the Population Law seriously when they became pregnant?
(a) They didn't care what the Government thought.
(b) The law was new and they figured the Government would get over its foolishness.
(c) They were mad at the Government.
(d) They were too scared.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Luke's Mother hide her pregnancy from?
2. What event does Luke recall that made him realize his brothers have never had to hide like him?
3. What does Luke notice about the construction workers he spies on from his room?
4. Why doesn't Luke protest about not being able to eat at the kitchen table anymore?
5. Why doesn't Luke tell his mother about what he has found in his room allowing him to look outside?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)