|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke listen to while standing in the woods in Chapter 1?
(a) The creek rushing by.
(b) The sound of falling trees in the distance.
(c) The birds chirping.
(d) The sound of twigs breaking.
2. What has gone down so low in price that the Luke's father and mother worry about how they will get by?
3. What is so amazing for Luke to look out upon from his room in Chapter 3?
(a) The sight of bulldozers.
(b) The sight of so many people.
(c) The sight of a dog.
(d) The sight of snow.
4. In Chapter 5, what does the letter from the Government tell Luke's father to get rid of?
(a) Their hogs.
(b) Their cows.
(c) Their sheep.
(d) Their horses.
5. Why does Luke always pause at the bottom of the steps when he comes down for breakfast in the mornings?
(a) To make sure no visitors are inside the kitchen.
(b) To make sure everyone is awake.
(c) To make sure his brothers have left for school.
(d) To make sure his father is away at work.
Short Answer Questions
1. While sitting on the attic step, after how many weeks does Luke finally give up trying to keep up with his family's conversation at meal times?
2. After Luke's mother calls him to come into the house from the woods, what does Luke do for the first time in his life?
3. What is Luke playing with in Chapter 3 that had once been his favorite toy?
4. What are some of the orders Luke recalls the Government giving his family in the past?
5. What does Mark yell when he knocks on Luke's bedroom door in Chapter 3?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)