|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so amazing for Luke to look out upon from his room in Chapter 3?
(a) The sight of so many people.
(b) The sight of bulldozers.
(c) The sight of a dog.
(d) The sight of snow.
2. Why is Luke afraid he will never be allowed outside again?
(a) Because he was seen by a stranger.
(b) Because the woods are being cut down.
(c) Because he did not listen to his mother.
(d) Because he disobeyed his father.
3. In Chapter 5, what does the letter from the Government tell Luke's father to get rid of?
(a) Their cows.
(b) Their horses.
(c) Their hogs.
(d) Their sheep.
4. What does Mark yell when he knocks on Luke's bedroom door in Chapter 3?
(a) Open loser!
(b) Population Police! Open up!
(c) You in there Lukey?!
(d) Better hide!
5. What has gone down so low in price that the Luke's father and mother worry about how they will get by?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke's father get angry with him for asking about in Chapter 1?
2. Who does Luke recall showing up, surprisingly, at his family's home years ago, begging for food?
3. What does Luke's mother say is the reason she became pregnant with him?
4. What do Luke's brothers, Matthew and Mark, complain that they will have to do since Luke is not allowed outside anymore?
5. Why does Luke always pause at the bottom of the steps when he comes down for breakfast in the mornings?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)