|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Luke tell his mother about what he has found in his room allowing him to look outside?
(a) He doesn't want to get in trouble.
(b) He fears they will forbid him from using it anymore.
(c) He wants it to be his secret.
(d) He knows they will cover it up.
2. Why does Luke always pause at the bottom of the steps when he comes down for breakfast in the mornings?
(a) To make sure no visitors are inside the kitchen.
(b) To make sure his brothers have left for school.
(c) To make sure everyone is awake.
(d) To make sure his father is away at work.
3. What is Luke playing with in Chapter 3 that had once been his favorite toy?
(a) A dinosaur.
(b) A racecar.
(c) A dump truck.
(d) A train.
4. What does Mark offer to play a game of with Luke to cheer him up after barging into his room?
5. What does Luke listen to while standing in the woods in Chapter 1?
(a) The birds chirping.
(b) The sound of falling trees in the distance.
(c) The sound of twigs breaking.
(d) The creek rushing by.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Luke's parents take the Population Law seriously when they became pregnant?
2. What did Luke's mother and father see on TV while pregnant that scared them?
3. How old was Luke when he finally realized that not all children had to hide from visitors?
4. What can Luke not stop thinking about, so much so that he can't even concentrate on playing with his favorite toy?
5. Who does Luke recall showing up, surprisingly, at his family's home years ago, begging for food?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)