|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Luke's mother make him sit and eat his breakfast on the bottom step to the attic?
(a) The construction workers have started to wonder why the family's shades are always drawn.
(b) He is not allowed anywhere else in the house.
(c) He is being punished for looking out the window.
(d) He has dirt on his shoes.
2. What does Mark yell when he knocks on Luke's bedroom door in Chapter 3?
(a) Open loser!
(b) You in there Lukey?!
(c) Population Police! Open up!
(d) Better hide!
3. What did Luke's mother and father see on TV while pregnant that scared them?
(a) Pictures of what the Population Police does to third babies.
(b) Stories of what the Population Police does to pregnant women.
(c) Ads advertising the reward for turning in people who have more than two children.
(d) The Government's ads talking about how the Population Police would do anything to enforce the law.
4. What can Luke not stop thinking about, so much so that he can't even concentrate on playing with his favorite toy?
(a) The new girl down the road.
(b) The outdoors.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
5. What do Luke's parents tell him that the Government forced them to sell?
(a) Their car.
(b) The woods next to their house.
(c) Their house.
(d) Their cabin by the lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Luke's Mother hide her pregnancy from?
2. While sitting on the attic step, after how many weeks does Luke finally give up trying to keep up with his family's conversation at meal times?
3. What do Luke's brothers, Matthew and Mark, complain that they will have to do since Luke is not allowed outside anymore?
4. Why didn't Luke's parents take the Population Law seriously when they became pregnant?
5. Why doesn't Luke protest about not being able to eat at the kitchen table anymore?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)