|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Luke's mother and father see on TV while pregnant that scared them?
(a) Pictures of what the Population Police does to third babies.
(b) Stories of what the Population Police does to pregnant women.
(c) The Government's ads talking about how the Population Police would do anything to enforce the law.
(d) Ads advertising the reward for turning in people who have more than two children.
2. Why does Luke always pause at the bottom of the steps when he comes down for breakfast in the mornings?
(a) To make sure everyone is awake.
(b) To make sure his brothers have left for school.
(c) To make sure his father is away at work.
(d) To make sure no visitors are inside the kitchen.
3. After Luke's mother calls him to come into the house from the woods, what does Luke do for the first time in his life?
(a) He yells "no" at her.
(b) He comes immediately.
(c) He runs away and hides.
(d) He does not obey right away.
4. Why doesn't Luke protest about not being able to eat at the kitchen table anymore?
(a) He knows his family is only trying to protect him.
(b) He knows they will not listen to him.
(c) He is too upset.
(d) He knows he will only get himself in more trouble.
5. What is Luke playing with in Chapter 3 that had once been his favorite toy?
(a) A racecar.
(b) A train.
(c) A dump truck.
(d) A dinosaur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke notice about the construction workers he spies on from his room?
2. What do Luke's brothers, Matthew and Mark, complain that they will have to do since Luke is not allowed outside anymore?
3. What is so amazing for Luke to look out upon from his room in Chapter 3?
4. Who did Luke's Mother hide her pregnancy from?
5. What does Mark offer to play a game of with Luke to cheer him up after barging into his room?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)