|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 - 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Luke visit Jen in February?
(a) Five times.
(d) Three times.
2. What time does Jen want Luke to leave with her to the rally?
(a) 9:00 PM.
(b) 10:00 PM.
(c) 8:00 PM.
(d) 7:00 PM.
3. What signal have Jen and Luke decided upon so Luke will know when it's okay to come and visit her again?
(a) If Luke can come over he will tie a ribbon on his back doorknob.
(b) If Luke can come over he will turn on his back porch light.
(c) If Luke can come over he will pull up his kitchen shade an inch.
(d) If Luke can come over he will flash a light to Jen.
4. In Chapter 5, what does the letter from the Government tell Luke's father to get rid of?
(a) Their hogs.
(b) Their cows.
(c) Their sheep.
(d) Their horses.
5. While the Garner family is eating dinner in Chapter 1, they hear tires on the gravel driveway. Where does Luke scramble off to?
(a) Under the table.
(b) Upstairs to hide.
(c) Under his parent's bed.
(d) In the pantry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose voice does Luke hear in his room the night Jen and the other kids leave for the rally?
2. Why does Luke go stir crazy in his house the first few weeks of April?
3. The books Luke reads that are his fathers, what are they about?
4. Why does Luke's mother make him sit and eat his breakfast on the bottom step to the attic?
5. What does Mark offer to play a game of with Luke to cheer him up after barging into his room?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)