Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Luke always pause at the bottom of the steps when he comes down for breakfast in the mornings?
(a) To make sure no visitors are inside the kitchen.
(b) To make sure his father is away at work.
(c) To make sure his brothers have left for school.
(d) To make sure everyone is awake.
2. While sitting on the attic step, after how many weeks does Luke finally give up trying to keep up with his family's conversation at meal times?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
3. What is Luke playing with in Chapter 3 that had once been his favorite toy?
(a) A dump truck.
(b) A train.
(c) A racecar.
(d) A dinosaur.
4. What has gone down so low in price that the Luke's father and mother worry about how they will get by?
5. What does Luke listen to while standing in the woods in Chapter 1?
(a) The birds chirping.
(b) The sound of falling trees in the distance.
(c) The creek rushing by.
(d) The sound of twigs breaking.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does the letter from the Government tell Luke's father to get rid of?
2. What does Luke notice about the construction workers he spies on from his room?
3. While the Garner family is eating dinner in Chapter 1, they hear tires on the gravel driveway. Where does Luke scramble off to?
4. What are some of the orders Luke recalls the Government giving his family in the past?
5. Why is Luke afraid he will never be allowed outside again?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)