|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 - 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Government forbidding Luke's dad from doing a particular thing in Chapter 21?
(a) They want him to collect the chickens eggs.
(b) Hydroponics is outlawed because it has been used to grow illegal drugs in the past.
(c) He is forbidden to leave the house because he's been using too much gasoline.
(d) They don't want the value of the new homes to go down by his cutting down trees.
2. What does the female third child apologize to Luke for after she sees him staring at the door as if he means to make a run for it?
(a) Scaring him.
(b) Kicking him.
(c) Yelling at him.
(d) Making fun of him.
3. Why is Luke's Dad furious with him in Chapter 8?
(a) He catches Luke looking out the windows.
(b) He catches Luke outside.
(c) He catches Luke singing loudly.
(d) He catches Luke downstairs in the middle of the day.
4. What does Mark yell when he knocks on Luke's bedroom door in Chapter 3?
(a) Open loser!
(b) Population Police! Open up!
(c) You in there Lukey?!
(d) Better hide!
5. How many times does Luke visit Jen in March?
(b) Three times.
(d) Five times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Government spend a great deal of money trying to convince people?
2. What does Luke call the new family that has a row of birdhouses in their backyard?
3. In Chapter 21, Luke's Dad gets a letter from the Government. What do they forbid him from doing?
4. How many residents does Luke watch leave their houses before he sneaks over the the third child's house?
5. What does Luke agonize over the three days after he refuses to go with Jen to the rally?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)