|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 - 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the new residents that will be living next to Luke called a special name?
(a) They are really rich people.
(b) They are gangsters.
(c) They are of royal blood.
(d) They are famous.
2. Why does Luke's mother make him sit and eat his breakfast on the bottom step to the attic?
(a) He is being punished for looking out the window.
(b) The construction workers have started to wonder why the family's shades are always drawn.
(c) He has dirt on his shoes.
(d) He is not allowed anywhere else in the house.
3. What does Luke's mother say is the reason she became pregnant with him?
(a) They planned to get pregnant.
(b) They were forced to get pregnant.
(c) It was an accident and they were very upset about it.
(d) It was an accident but they wanted him very much.
4. What did Luke's mother and father see on TV while pregnant that scared them?
(a) Stories of what the Population Police does to pregnant women.
(b) Ads advertising the reward for turning in people who have more than two children.
(c) The Government's ads talking about how the Population Police would do anything to enforce the law.
(d) Pictures of what the Population Police does to third babies.
5. What does Mother do when she opens the tax bill?
(a) She is so startled she drops it.
(b) She clutches it to her chest.
(c) She tears it to pieces.
(d) She begins to weep over it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Luke's brothers, Matthew and Mark, complain that they will have to do since Luke is not allowed outside anymore?
2. Who did Luke's Mother hide her pregnancy from?
3. What does Luke do at supper the night after he meets Jen?
4. What can Luke not stop thinking about, so much so that he can't even concentrate on playing with his favorite toy?
5. Why does Luke's mother think he's sick in Chapter 23?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)