|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 - 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many residents does Luke watch leave their houses before he sneaks over the the third child's house?
2. Why does Luke's family have a hard time deciphering the meaning of the letter from the Government?
(a) It uses lots of big words.
(b) It's made of riddles.
(c) The font is too small.
(d) It's written in another language.
3. What amazes Jen about Luke in Chapter 15?
(a) That he had the guts to sneak over to her house.
(b) That he is crying.
(c) That he has never seen a girl before.
(d) That he has never met anybody outside of his parents and brothers.
4. After Matthew asks how the family can possibly pay the property taxes, what does Mother announce she has just received?
(a) Her work permit.
(b) An inheritance from her mother.
(c) An offer from someone to buy their farm.
(d) Another new bill.
5. Why does the girl who pinned Luke down after entering her house let him go?
(a) She feels bad for hurting him.
(b) She thinks he's cute.
(c) She's scared of him.
(d) She realizes he's another third child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Luke go stir crazy in his house the first few weeks of April?
2. Why is Jen confident the Government will not find out about her online chat room?
3. What does Luke's father get angry with him for asking about in Chapter 1?
4. Why doesn't Luke protest about not being able to eat at the kitchen table anymore?
5. What does Jen plan on doing at the rally she is organizing?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)