|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 - 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke's mom think of his suggestion to her in Chapter 25?
(a) She doesn't see why they'd want a visit from her since they are rich.
(b) She really thinks it would be nice to work somewhere else.
(c) She thinks it's a great idea and asks him what kind of cake he'd like her to make.
(d) She can't take a day off because she needs the money.
2. Luke realizes his home is not a sanctuary but a ___________.
(a) Hide out.
(c) Black hole.
3. In Chapter 5, what does the letter from the Government tell Luke's father to get rid of?
(a) Their sheep.
(b) Their horses.
(c) Their cows.
(d) Their hogs.
4. Why doesn't Luke protest about not being able to eat at the kitchen table anymore?
(a) He knows he will only get himself in more trouble.
(b) He is too upset.
(c) He knows his family is only trying to protect him.
(d) He knows they will not listen to him.
5. How does Luke feel about the new houses being built next to his home?
(a) He is frustrated.
(b) He loves them.
(c) He is sad.
(d) He hates them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jen and Luke do while he's at her house in Chapter 21?
2. Why can't Luke signal Jen on the second day after he meets her?
3. What do Luke's parents tell him that the Government forced them to sell?
4. How much more money is the tax bill from previous years?
5. What does Luke get up at dawn to watch every morning?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)