|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 - 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke's Dad do every day at lunchtime?
(a) Sits and chats with Luke while they eat lunch.
(b) Turns on the radio and eats lunch.
(c) Watches television and eats take-out.
(d) Reads a book while eating what his wife left him for lunch.
2. What makes Luke decide he must act now if he wants to sneak over to the third child's house?
(a) The trees are beginning to lose their leaves.
(b) Cops are beginning to scrutinize the area.
(c) Lots of the trees are being cut down.
(d) His parents are thinking about locking him in his room all day.
3. What does Jen ask Luke about his brothers in Chapter 21?
(a) If they'd ever physically hurt him.
(b) If they ever play with him.
(c) If they ever lock him in his room.
(d) If they'd ever betray him.
4. Who does Luke spy driving by the new houses while they are being built?
(a) Bus loads of people coming to look at the new houses.
(b) People in expensive looking cars looking to buy the houses.
(c) People in cheap cars wishing they could buy the houses.
(d) His grandparents.
5. Luke asks Jen how she is able to meet other people if she is a third child like him; what does Jen explain that her parents do?
(a) Bribe people.
(b) Threaten people.
(c) Plead with people.
(d) Trust only a select amount of people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event does Luke recall that made him realize his brothers have never had to hide like him?
2. How much more money is the tax bill from previous years?
3. Luke begins watching the house where he saw the child's face constantly, on which day of his vigil does he see the blinds flip up and down quickly in an upstairs window?
4. It's harvest time and the family is working harder than ever, what does Luke's mom make sure to leave him every day?
5. What does the girl, whose house Luke broke into, do while she talks on the phone to her dad?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)