|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 - 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does the letter from the Government tell Luke's father to get rid of?
(a) Their cows.
(b) Their horses.
(c) Their sheep.
(d) Their hogs.
2. What brave thing does Jen do for Luke at the end of Chapter 16 that amazes Luke?
(a) Luke cuts his leg at her house and blood and drops on the carpet, so Jen cuts her leg to show her parents.
(b) She promises not to tell anyone about Luke.
(c) She tells her family about Luke.
(d) Luke cuts his hand at her house and blood and drips on the carpet, so Jen cuts her hand to show her parents.
3. What do Dad, Matthew, and Mark load up for slaughter at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. Why can't Luke signal Jen on the first day after he meets her?
(a) His brothers have the day off from school.
(b) A Government inspector shows up to examine the Garner crops.
(c) His mom stays home from work sick.
(d) It's a national holiday.
5. What makes Luke decide he must act now if he wants to sneak over to the third child's house?
(a) Lots of the trees are being cut down.
(b) Cops are beginning to scrutinize the area.
(c) His parents are thinking about locking him in his room all day.
(d) The trees are beginning to lose their leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jen and Luke do while he's at her house in Chapter 21?
2. Why doesn't Luke protest about not being able to eat at the kitchen table anymore?
3. What do Luke's parents tell him that the Government forced them to sell?
4. Luke finally signals Jen on the third day after he meets her; what happens?
5. What are the names of Jen's chat room friends that Luke is introduced to in Chapter 18?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)