|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Luke's Mother hide her pregnancy from?
(a) Everyone, even her own mother and sisters.
(b) Her brothers.
(c) Her father and sisters.
(d) A few of her friends.
2. What has gone down so low in price that the Luke's father and mother worry about how they will get by?
3. What did Luke's mother and father see on TV while pregnant that scared them?
(a) Pictures of what the Population Police does to third babies.
(b) The Government's ads talking about how the Population Police would do anything to enforce the law.
(c) Stories of what the Population Police does to pregnant women.
(d) Ads advertising the reward for turning in people who have more than two children.
4. What does Mother do when she opens the tax bill?
(a) She is so startled she drops it.
(b) She tears it to pieces.
(c) She clutches it to her chest.
(d) She begins to weep over it.
5. What does Luke tells his brother he put into the bread?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does the letter from the Government tell Luke's father to get rid of?
2. Why doesn't Luke tell his mother about what he has found in his room allowing him to look outside?
3. What does Luke listen to while standing in the woods in Chapter 1?
4. Who does Luke spy driving by the new houses while they are being built?
5. What name do Luke's Mom and Dad call the new residents that will be living next to them?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)