|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dad say is the reason for the tax increase on their property?
(a) The government is in financial trouble.
(b) He wouldn't sell anymore of their farmland, so he is being punished.
(c) They have been suspected to be harboring a third child.
(d) The new houses next door have raised the property value of their home.
2. How do the people moving next to Luke's family's home dress?
3. Who does Luke recall showing up, surprisingly, at his family's home years ago, begging for food?
(a) A little boy.
(b) A little girl.
(c) A pregnant woman.
(d) A tramp.
4. After Mark leaves Luke's room, what does Luke notice light pouring out of in his room?
(a) Two tiny windows.
(b) A drain.
(c) The ventilation shafts.
(d) A small hole in the wall.
5. What does Mark yell when he knocks on Luke's bedroom door in Chapter 3?
(a) Open loser!
(b) Better hide!
(c) Population Police! Open up!
(d) You in there Lukey?!
Short Answer Questions
1. Since not being able to eat breakfast with the whole family, why doesn't Luke ask for butter for his toast anymore?
2. How old was Luke when he finally realized that not all children had to hide from visitors?
3. What does Luke notice about the construction workers he spies on from his room?
4. How does Luke feel about the new houses being built next to his home?
5. What do Dad, Matthew, and Mark load up for slaughter at the beginning of Chapter 6?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)