|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Luke's mother and father see on TV while pregnant that scared them?
(a) Pictures of what the Population Police does to third babies.
(b) Ads advertising the reward for turning in people who have more than two children.
(c) Stories of what the Population Police does to pregnant women.
(d) The Government's ads talking about how the Population Police would do anything to enforce the law.
2. What name do Luke's Mom and Dad call the new residents that will be living next to them?
3. Who does Luke spy driving by the new houses while they are being built?
(a) Bus loads of people coming to look at the new houses.
(b) His grandparents.
(c) People in expensive looking cars looking to buy the houses.
(d) People in cheap cars wishing they could buy the houses.
4. Why didn't Luke's parents take the Population Law seriously when they became pregnant?
(a) They were mad at the Government.
(b) The law was new and they figured the Government would get over its foolishness.
(c) They were too scared.
(d) They didn't care what the Government thought.
5. The books Luke reads that are his fathers, what are they about?
(c) Countryside grasses and pig diseases.
(d) Monster trucks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Luke recall showing up, surprisingly, at his family's home years ago, begging for food?
2. What does Luke's Dad slip quietly to Luke every day around noon?
3. What is Luke playing with in Chapter 3 that had once been his favorite toy?
4. What time does Luke's Mom have to be at the factory every day?
5. What does Dad say is the reason for the tax increase on their property?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)