|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Luke's favorite part of his day?
(a) When his dad comes home for lunch.
(b) When his brothers come to play checkers with him.
(c) In the morning when he can watch the new houses.
(d) When his mother comes up to tuck him into bed.
2. What does Luke notice about the construction workers he spies on from his room?
(a) They will work late into the night.
(b) They sometimes quit in the middle of the day.
(c) They are in a big hurry to finish the construction.
(d) They are taking their time with the construction.
3. While the Garner family is eating dinner in Chapter 1, they hear tires on the gravel driveway. Where does Luke scramble off to?
(a) Under his parent's bed.
(b) Under the table.
(c) In the pantry.
(d) Upstairs to hide.
4. What does Luke's Dad do every day at lunchtime?
(a) Sits and chats with Luke while they eat lunch.
(b) Reads a book while eating what his wife left him for lunch.
(c) Watches television and eats take-out.
(d) Turns on the radio and eats lunch.
5. What does Mark yell when he knocks on Luke's bedroom door in Chapter 3?
(a) You in there Lukey?!
(b) Open loser!
(c) Better hide!
(d) Population Police! Open up!
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Luke when he finally realized that not all children had to hide from visitors?
2. What does Luke get up at dawn to watch every morning?
3. What do Luke's brothers, Matthew and Mark, complain that they will have to do since Luke is not allowed outside anymore?
4. What does Mother do when she opens the tax bill?
5. What event does Luke recall that made him realize his brothers have never had to hide like him?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)