|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Luke's parents tell him that the Government forced them to sell?
(a) Their car.
(b) Their house.
(c) The woods next to their house.
(d) Their cabin by the lake.
2. Why doesn't Luke protest about not being able to eat at the kitchen table anymore?
(a) He knows he will only get himself in more trouble.
(b) He knows they will not listen to him.
(c) He is too upset.
(d) He knows his family is only trying to protect him.
3. Why is Luke's Dad furious with him in Chapter 8?
(a) He catches Luke looking out the windows.
(b) He catches Luke outside.
(c) He catches Luke downstairs in the middle of the day.
(d) He catches Luke singing loudly.
4. What does Luke's father get angry with him for asking about in Chapter 1?
(a) For asking about why he must sleep in the attic.
(b) For asking when he'll be able to go outside again.
(c) For asking if he'll be able to look out the windows when people move into the new houses.
(d) For asking for seconds at dinner.
5. How does Luke feel about the new houses being built next to his home?
(a) He is frustrated.
(b) He hates them.
(c) He is sad.
(d) He loves them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since not being able to eat breakfast with the whole family, why doesn't Luke ask for butter for his toast anymore?
2. What does Luke get up at dawn to watch every morning?
3. The books Luke reads that are his fathers, what are they about?
4. What name do Luke's Mom and Dad call the new residents that will be living next to them?
5. What is Luke delighted to find after his whole family leaves in a hurry in Chapter 8?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)