|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mark offer to play a game of with Luke to cheer him up after barging into his room?
2. What is so amazing for Luke to look out upon from his room in Chapter 3?
(a) The sight of a dog.
(b) The sight of so many people.
(c) The sight of bulldozers.
(d) The sight of snow.
3. Why does Luke always pause at the bottom of the steps when he comes down for breakfast in the mornings?
(a) To make sure no visitors are inside the kitchen.
(b) To make sure everyone is awake.
(c) To make sure his father is away at work.
(d) To make sure his brothers have left for school.
4. What is Luke playing with in Chapter 3 that had once been his favorite toy?
(a) A dump truck.
(b) A dinosaur.
(c) A racecar.
(d) A train.
5. Why doesn't Luke tell his mother about what he has found in his room allowing him to look outside?
(a) He doesn't want to get in trouble.
(b) He wants it to be his secret.
(c) He fears they will forbid him from using it anymore.
(d) He knows they will cover it up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Luke's brothers, Matthew and Mark, complain that they will have to do since Luke is not allowed outside anymore?
2. What do Matthew and Mark do while Mom is at work and Dad is fixing the machinery?
3. What are some of the orders Luke recalls the Government giving his family in the past?
4. What does Luke get up at dawn to watch every morning?
5. What does Dad say is the reason for the tax increase on their property?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)