|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Luke's brothers make fun of the bread he made?
(a) It's a funny color.
(b) It's doughy.
(c) It's lopsided and lumpy.
(d) It's burnt.
2. What does Mark yell when he knocks on Luke's bedroom door in Chapter 3?
(a) Population Police! Open up!
(b) You in there Lukey?!
(c) Better hide!
(d) Open loser!
3. What time does Luke's Mom have to be at the factory every day?
(a) 8:00 AM.
(b) 7:00 AM.
(c) 6:00 AM.
(d) 9:00 AM.
4. While the Garner family is eating dinner in Chapter 1, they hear tires on the gravel driveway. Where does Luke scramble off to?
(a) In the pantry.
(b) Under the table.
(c) Under his parent's bed.
(d) Upstairs to hide.
5. What does Luke imagine in Chapter 7, which he feels guilty about?
(a) Moving in with a family with only one child and living a normal life.
(b) Running away.
(c) Wishing he'd never been born.
(d) Wanting one of his brothers to die so he can take their place.
Short Answer Questions
1. How big are the houses being built next to Luke's home?
2. Why does Luke always pause at the bottom of the steps when he comes down for breakfast in the mornings?
3. Why is Luke afraid he will never be allowed outside again?
4. What new house does Luke spy a child looking out the window of after his dad banishes him from the kitchen?
5. What is Luke playing with in Chapter 3 that had once been his favorite toy?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)