|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Luke not stop thinking about, so much so that he can't even concentrate on playing with his favorite toy?
(a) His mother.
(b) The new girl down the road.
(c) The outdoors.
(d) His father.
2. How old was Luke when he finally realized that not all children had to hide from visitors?
3. While the Garner family is eating dinner in Chapter 1, they hear tires on the gravel driveway. Where does Luke scramble off to?
(a) Under his parent's bed.
(b) Upstairs to hide.
(c) In the pantry.
(d) Under the table.
4. What does Dad say is the reason for the tax increase on their property?
(a) He wouldn't sell anymore of their farmland, so he is being punished.
(b) They have been suspected to be harboring a third child.
(c) The new houses next door have raised the property value of their home.
(d) The government is in financial trouble.
5. Since not being able to eat breakfast with the whole family, why doesn't Luke ask for butter for his toast anymore?
(a) Someone would have to pretend they forgot something in order to safely pass him the butter dish.
(b) His mom gives him jam now.
(c) He doesn't like butter anymore.
(d) He will get yelled at for being a nusiance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Luke's Mom have to be at the factory every day?
2. Why are the new residents that will be living next to Luke called a special name?
3. After Matthew asks how the family can possibly pay the property taxes, what does Mother announce she has just received?
4. The books Luke reads that are his fathers, what are they about?
5. What is Luke's favorite part of his day?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)