|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke's father get angry with him for asking about in Chapter 1?
(a) For asking for seconds at dinner.
(b) For asking when he'll be able to go outside again.
(c) For asking if he'll be able to look out the windows when people move into the new houses.
(d) For asking about why he must sleep in the attic.
2. What does Mark yell when he knocks on Luke's bedroom door in Chapter 3?
(a) Better hide!
(b) Open loser!
(c) You in there Lukey?!
(d) Population Police! Open up!
3. What do Luke's brothers, Matthew and Mark, complain that they will have to do since Luke is not allowed outside anymore?
(a) The fishing.
(b) Taking out the garbage.
(c) All of his chores.
(d) The laundry.
4. What are Luke's favorite types of books to read?
(d) Science Fiction.
5. What does Luke imagine in Chapter 7, which he feels guilty about?
(a) Wishing he'd never been born.
(b) Wanting one of his brothers to die so he can take their place.
(c) Moving in with a family with only one child and living a normal life.
(d) Running away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event does Luke recall that made him realize his brothers have never had to hide like him?
2. While sitting on the attic step, after how many weeks does Luke finally give up trying to keep up with his family's conversation at meal times?
3. What is so amazing for Luke to look out upon from his room in Chapter 3?
4. What does Mark offer to play a game of with Luke to cheer him up after barging into his room?
5. Why doesn't Luke tell his mother about what he has found in his room allowing him to look outside?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)