|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Luke's brothers make fun of the bread he made?
(a) It's doughy.
(b) It's lopsided and lumpy.
(c) It's burnt.
(d) It's a funny color.
2. What does Mark yell when he knocks on Luke's bedroom door in Chapter 3?
(a) Better hide!
(b) Population Police! Open up!
(c) Open loser!
(d) You in there Lukey?!
3. What do Luke's parents tell him that the Government forced them to sell?
(a) Their cabin by the lake.
(b) Their house.
(c) The woods next to their house.
(d) Their car.
4. Why are the new residents that will be living next to Luke called a special name?
(a) They are gangsters.
(b) They are really rich people.
(c) They are famous.
(d) They are of royal blood.
5. What does Dad say is the reason for the tax increase on their property?
(a) They have been suspected to be harboring a third child.
(b) He wouldn't sell anymore of their farmland, so he is being punished.
(c) The new houses next door have raised the property value of their home.
(d) The government is in financial trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke listen to while standing in the woods in Chapter 1?
2. How do the people moving next to Luke's family's home dress?
3. How big are the houses being built next to Luke's home?
4. While sitting on the attic step, after how many weeks does Luke finally give up trying to keep up with his family's conversation at meal times?
5. What does Luke call the new family that has a row of birdhouses in their backyard?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)