|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Luke protest about not being able to eat at the kitchen table anymore?
(a) He is too upset.
(b) He knows his family is only trying to protect him.
(c) He knows he will only get himself in more trouble.
(d) He knows they will not listen to him.
2. What is Luke delighted to find after his whole family leaves in a hurry in Chapter 8?
(a) A big slab of butter for his toast.
(b) A freshly baked cake.
(c) The kitchen windown shade is up.
(d) The kitchen window shade is down.
3. Who is going to be living in the new houses being built next to Luke's home?
(a) Miners and their families.
(c) Government workers and other city folk.
4. What does Luke notice about the construction workers he spies on from his room?
(a) They will work late into the night.
(b) They sometimes quit in the middle of the day.
(c) They are taking their time with the construction.
(d) They are in a big hurry to finish the construction.
5. How big are the houses being built next to Luke's home?
Short Answer Questions
1. While sitting on the attic step, after how many weeks does Luke finally give up trying to keep up with his family's conversation at meal times?
2. How old was Luke when he finally realized that not all children had to hide from visitors?
3. What do Luke's brothers, Matthew and Mark, complain that they will have to do since Luke is not allowed outside anymore?
4. How much more money is the tax bill from previous years?
5. While the Garner family is eating dinner in Chapter 1, they hear tires on the gravel driveway. Where does Luke scramble off to?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)