|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Luke's brothers, Matthew and Mark, complain that they will have to do since Luke is not allowed outside anymore?
(a) All of his chores.
(b) The laundry.
(c) The fishing.
(d) Taking out the garbage.
2. What do Dad, Matthew, and Mark load up for slaughter at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. What did Luke's mother and father see on TV while pregnant that scared them?
(a) Ads advertising the reward for turning in people who have more than two children.
(b) The Government's ads talking about how the Population Police would do anything to enforce the law.
(c) Pictures of what the Population Police does to third babies.
(d) Stories of what the Population Police does to pregnant women.
4. What does Luke get up at dawn to watch every morning?
(a) The work on the new houses.
(b) The animals out his window.
(c) His family eat breakfast.
(d) The sun rise.
5. While sitting on the attic step, after how many weeks does Luke finally give up trying to keep up with his family's conversation at meal times?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Four weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Luke tell his mother about what he has found in his room allowing him to look outside?
2. Why doesn't Luke protest about not being able to eat at the kitchen table anymore?
3. What does Luke's Dad slip quietly to Luke every day around noon?
4. What has gone down so low in price that the Luke's father and mother worry about how they will get by?
5. What does Mother do when she opens the tax bill?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)