|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Luke recall showing up, surprisingly, at his family's home years ago, begging for food?
(a) A tramp.
(b) A pregnant woman.
(c) A little boy.
(d) A little girl.
2. What does Mother do when she opens the tax bill?
(a) She is so startled she drops it.
(b) She clutches it to her chest.
(c) She tears it to pieces.
(d) She begins to weep over it.
3. While the Garner family is eating dinner in Chapter 1, they hear tires on the gravel driveway. Where does Luke scramble off to?
(a) Upstairs to hide.
(b) Under his parent's bed.
(c) Under the table.
(d) In the pantry.
4. What does Luke call the new family that has a row of birdhouses in their backyard?
(a) The Birdy family.
(b) The Chirpy family.
(c) The Birdbrain family.
(d) The Bird bath family.
5. What is so amazing for Luke to look out upon from his room in Chapter 3?
(a) The sight of so many people.
(b) The sight of bulldozers.
(c) The sight of a dog.
(d) The sight of snow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Luke's brothers, Matthew and Mark, complain that they will have to do since Luke is not allowed outside anymore?
2. Why are the new residents that will be living next to Luke called a special name?
3. What has gone down so low in price that the Luke's father and mother worry about how they will get by?
4. What does Dad say is the reason for the tax increase on their property?
5. What event does Luke recall that made him realize his brothers have never had to hide like him?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)