|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Luke spy driving by the new houses while they are being built?
(a) Bus loads of people coming to look at the new houses.
(b) His grandparents.
(c) People in cheap cars wishing they could buy the houses.
(d) People in expensive looking cars looking to buy the houses.
2. What does Luke notice about the construction workers he spies on from his room?
(a) They sometimes quit in the middle of the day.
(b) They are taking their time with the construction.
(c) They will work late into the night.
(d) They are in a big hurry to finish the construction.
3. Why doesn't Luke tell his mother about what he has found in his room allowing him to look outside?
(a) He fears they will forbid him from using it anymore.
(b) He wants it to be his secret.
(c) He doesn't want to get in trouble.
(d) He knows they will cover it up.
4. What is so amazing for Luke to look out upon from his room in Chapter 3?
(a) The sight of a dog.
(b) The sight of so many people.
(c) The sight of snow.
(d) The sight of bulldozers.
5. What do Matthew and Mark do while Mom is at work and Dad is fixing the machinery?
(a) Harvest the fields.
(b) Plow the fields.
(c) Take care of the animals and yard.
(d) They are in school.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the Garner family is eating dinner in Chapter 1, they hear tires on the gravel driveway. Where does Luke scramble off to?
2. What does Luke call the new family that has a row of birdhouses in their backyard?
3. How old was Luke when he finally realized that not all children had to hide from visitors?
4. What does Mark yell when he knocks on Luke's bedroom door in Chapter 3?
5. What time does Luke's Mom get home from work?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)