|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Luke when he finally realized that not all children had to hide from visitors?
2. While the Garner family is eating dinner in Chapter 1, they hear tires on the gravel driveway. Where does Luke scramble off to?
(a) In the pantry.
(b) Upstairs to hide.
(c) Under the table.
(d) Under his parent's bed.
3. What does Dad say is the reason for the tax increase on their property?
(a) The new houses next door have raised the property value of their home.
(b) He wouldn't sell anymore of their farmland, so he is being punished.
(c) The government is in financial trouble.
(d) They have been suspected to be harboring a third child.
4. How do the people moving next to Luke's family's home dress?
5. What is Luke delighted to find after his whole family leaves in a hurry in Chapter 8?
(a) The kitchen window shade is down.
(b) A freshly baked cake.
(c) A big slab of butter for his toast.
(d) The kitchen windown shade is up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke get up at dawn to watch every morning?
2. What time does Luke's Mom have to be at the factory every day?
3. While sitting on the attic step, after how many weeks does Luke finally give up trying to keep up with his family's conversation at meal times?
4. Since not being able to eat breakfast with the whole family, why doesn't Luke ask for butter for his toast anymore?
5. What are Luke's favorite types of books to read?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)