|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Luke notice all the new houses are empty by?
(a) 8:30 AM.
(b) 7:30 AM.
(c) 9:00 AM.
(d) 8:00 AM.
2. Who does Luke recall showing up, surprisingly, at his family's home years ago, begging for food?
(a) A pregnant woman.
(b) A little girl.
(c) A tramp.
(d) A little boy.
3. What has gone down so low in price that the Luke's father and mother worry about how they will get by?
4. Why is Luke afraid he will never be allowed outside again?
(a) Because he did not listen to his mother.
(b) Because he disobeyed his father.
(c) Because he was seen by a stranger.
(d) Because the woods are being cut down.
5. In Chapter 5, what does the letter from the Government tell Luke's father to get rid of?
(a) Their cows.
(b) Their horses.
(c) Their hogs.
(d) Their sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Luke's Mom have to be at the factory every day?
2. How old was Luke when he finally realized that not all children had to hide from visitors?
3. The books Luke reads that are his fathers, what are they about?
4. What is Luke delighted to find after his whole family leaves in a hurry in Chapter 8?
5. Who did Luke's Mother hide her pregnancy from?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)