|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Luke's parents tell him that the Government forced them to sell?
(a) The woods next to their house.
(b) Their house.
(c) Their cabin by the lake.
(d) Their car.
2. What can Luke not stop thinking about, so much so that he can't even concentrate on playing with his favorite toy?
(a) The outdoors.
(b) The new girl down the road.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
3. What does Mother do when she opens the tax bill?
(a) She tears it to pieces.
(b) She begins to weep over it.
(c) She is so startled she drops it.
(d) She clutches it to her chest.
4. Who is going to be living in the new houses being built next to Luke's home?
(a) Miners and their families.
(c) Government workers and other city folk.
5. The books Luke reads that are his fathers, what are they about?
(b) Countryside grasses and pig diseases.
(c) Monster trucks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Luke always pause at the bottom of the steps when he comes down for breakfast in the mornings?
2. In Chapter 5, what does the letter from the Government tell Luke's father to get rid of?
3. What did Luke's mother and father see on TV while pregnant that scared them?
4. Why is Luke's Dad furious with him in Chapter 8?
5. What is Luke playing with in Chapter 3 that had once been his favorite toy?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)