|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Luke afraid he will never be allowed outside again?
(a) Because the woods are being cut down.
(b) Because he disobeyed his father.
(c) Because he was seen by a stranger.
(d) Because he did not listen to his mother.
2. What can Luke not stop thinking about, so much so that he can't even concentrate on playing with his favorite toy?
(a) His mother.
(b) The new girl down the road.
(c) The outdoors.
(d) His father.
3. Why didn't Luke's parents take the Population Law seriously when they became pregnant?
(a) They didn't care what the Government thought.
(b) They were mad at the Government.
(c) The law was new and they figured the Government would get over its foolishness.
(d) They were too scared.
4. Why do Luke's brothers make fun of the bread he made?
(a) It's doughy.
(b) It's burnt.
(c) It's a funny color.
(d) It's lopsided and lumpy.
5. What does Luke's mother say is the reason she became pregnant with him?
(a) They planned to get pregnant.
(b) It was an accident and they were very upset about it.
(c) They were forced to get pregnant.
(d) It was an accident but they wanted him very much.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the Garner family is eating dinner in Chapter 1, they hear tires on the gravel driveway. Where does Luke scramble off to?
2. What does Luke notice about the construction workers he spies on from his room?
3. What is so amazing for Luke to look out upon from his room in Chapter 3?
4. What does Luke get up at dawn to watch every morning?
5. What do Luke's parents tell him that the Government forced them to sell?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)