|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Luke's Dad furious with him in Chapter 8?
(a) He catches Luke downstairs in the middle of the day.
(b) He catches Luke singing loudly.
(c) He catches Luke outside.
(d) He catches Luke looking out the windows.
2. Who is going to be living in the new houses being built next to Luke's home?
(a) Miners and their families.
(b) Government workers and other city folk.
3. Why has Luke been banned from using the telephone?
(a) He tries to call his dad at work too much.
(b) He likes to call random people and hang up.
(c) He always talks too long.
(d) The Government has the technology to trace a call and can even verify the caller's identity.
4. What did Luke's mother and father see on TV while pregnant that scared them?
(a) The Government's ads talking about how the Population Police would do anything to enforce the law.
(b) Stories of what the Population Police does to pregnant women.
(c) Pictures of what the Population Police does to third babies.
(d) Ads advertising the reward for turning in people who have more than two children.
5. How many times has Jen's mom been married?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke tells his brother he put into the bread?
2. How does Jen say her dad would react if he knew she'd been looking out the window?
3. Why do Luke's brothers make fun of the bread he made?
4. Luke asks Jen how she is able to meet other people if she is a third child like him; what does Jen explain that her parents do?
5. What does Luke beg his mother to convince his dad of in Chapter 9?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)