|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the girl who pinned Luke down after entering her house let him go?
(a) She's scared of him.
(b) She feels bad for hurting him.
(c) She thinks he's cute.
(d) She realizes he's another third child.
2. What is Luke delighted to find after his whole family leaves in a hurry in Chapter 8?
(a) A freshly baked cake.
(b) A big slab of butter for his toast.
(c) The kitchen window shade is down.
(d) The kitchen windown shade is up.
3. What does Luke's Dad slip quietly to Luke every day around noon?
(a) Some vegetables.
(c) A couple cookies.
(d) Two sandwiches.
4. What does the girl, who's a third child like Luke, do that shocks him?
(a) She picks up the phone to call her dad.
(b) She picks up the phone to call her mom.
(c) She kicks Luke.
(d) She gives Luke a big hug.
5. What does the Government spend a great deal of money trying to convince people?
(a) That they can monitor television and computer screens.
(b) That their whole family will be killed if a third child is found.
(c) That having a third child means you're a bad citizen.
(d) That they have people patrolling to see houses with window shades down all the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke beg his mother to convince his dad of in Chapter 9?
2. Why doesn't Luke tell his mother about what he has found in his room allowing him to look outside?
3. After Luke tells Jen how he found out about her, what is Jen stunned to hear about Luke?
4. Why is Jen confident the Government will not find out about her online chat room?
5. What does Luke's Dad do every day at lunchtime?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)