|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Luke's parents take the Population Law seriously when they became pregnant?
(a) They were too scared.
(b) The law was new and they figured the Government would get over its foolishness.
(c) They were mad at the Government.
(d) They didn't care what the Government thought.
2. What amazes Jen about Luke in Chapter 15?
(a) That he is crying.
(b) That he has never seen a girl before.
(c) That he had the guts to sneak over to her house.
(d) That he has never met anybody outside of his parents and brothers.
3. Who does Luke spy driving by the new houses while they are being built?
(a) People in cheap cars wishing they could buy the houses.
(b) Bus loads of people coming to look at the new houses.
(c) His grandparents.
(d) People in expensive looking cars looking to buy the houses.
4. What does Luke learn about from the books that Jen has given him that he mentions to his dad?
(a) Canning food.
(b) Using spoiled food to feed the animals.
(c) Neighbors sharing food.
(d) Growing food indoors.
5. Who is going to be living in the new houses being built next to Luke's home?
(a) Miners and their families.
(c) Government workers and other city folk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Luke playing with in Chapter 3 that had once been his favorite toy?
2. What does the girl, whose house Luke broke into, say about the Government monitoring phone calls?
3. What does Luke notice on his 13th day of watching the house where he saw the child's face?
4. What makes Luke decide he must act now if he wants to sneak over to the third child's house?
5. What does Luke do at supper the night after he meets Jen?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)