|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Luke's favorite part of his day?
(a) When his dad comes home for lunch.
(b) When his mother comes up to tuck him into bed.
(c) When his brothers come to play checkers with him.
(d) In the morning when he can watch the new houses.
2. What is so shocking about Jen's parents having a third child?
(a) Her parents didn't want to have her but felt too guilty to terminate the pregnancy.
(b) They broke the law on purpose to have her, and Jen's dad is a Government employee.
(c) Jen's parents wanted another boy but realized having a girl would be fun too.
(d) She was actually a fourth child, but her older sister died.
3. How does Luke feel about the new houses being built next to his home?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He hates them.
(c) He loves them.
(d) He is frustrated.
4. What do Dad, Matthew, and Mark load up for slaughter at the beginning of Chapter 6?
5. What does Luke learn about from the books that Jen has given him that he mentions to his dad?
(a) Neighbors sharing food.
(b) Canning food.
(c) Growing food indoors.
(d) Using spoiled food to feed the animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Luke finally signals Jen on the third day after he meets her; what happens?
2. What amazes Jen about Luke in Chapter 15?
3. How many times has Jen's mom been married?
4. What is Jen shocked to hear that Luke and his family eat, that even her family can't eat?
5. What time does Luke's Mom get home from work?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)