|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Luke tell his mother about what he has found in his room allowing him to look outside?
(a) He knows they will cover it up.
(b) He doesn't want to get in trouble.
(c) He wants it to be his secret.
(d) He fears they will forbid him from using it anymore.
2. Why does Luke's mother make him sit and eat his breakfast on the bottom step to the attic?
(a) He is being punished for looking out the window.
(b) He is not allowed anywhere else in the house.
(c) He has dirt on his shoes.
(d) The construction workers have started to wonder why the family's shades are always drawn.
3. The books Luke reads that are his fathers, what are they about?
(b) Countryside grasses and pig diseases.
(d) Monster trucks.
4. Since the woods near his home were torn down, how many months has Luke been trapped inside his house?
5. What time does Luke's Mom have to be at the factory every day?
(a) 8:00 AM.
(b) 7:00 AM.
(c) 9:00 AM.
(d) 6:00 AM.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Luke recall showing up, surprisingly, at his family's home years ago, begging for food?
2. How does Jen say her dad would react if he knew she'd been looking out the window?
3. What is Luke playing with in Chapter 3 that had once been his favorite toy?
4. In Chapter 17, how many days does Luke wait for another opportunity to sneak over to Jen's house?
5. How is Jen able to check outside for Luke's signal without being seen every day?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)