|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The books Luke reads that are his fathers, what are they about?
(a) Monster trucks.
(d) Countryside grasses and pig diseases.
2. What time does Luke's Mom have to be at the factory every day?
(a) 7:00 AM.
(b) 8:00 AM.
(c) 6:00 AM.
(d) 9:00 AM.
3. Why do Luke's brothers make fun of the bread he made?
(a) It's lopsided and lumpy.
(b) It's a funny color.
(c) It's doughy.
(d) It's burnt.
4. What is Luke delighted to find after his whole family leaves in a hurry in Chapter 8?
(a) The kitchen window shade is down.
(b) A freshly baked cake.
(c) A big slab of butter for his toast.
(d) The kitchen windown shade is up.
5. In Chapter 18, what is Jen's chat room friend complaining about online?
(a) His parents refuse to buy him any new books to read.
(b) His parents refuse to waste money running the air-conditioning during the day, even though it's 105 outside.
(c) His parents refuse to allow him downstairs into the family room.
(d) His parents refuse to buy him any extra food to eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day does Jen finally answer Luke's signal?
2. How does Jen say her dad would react if he knew she'd been looking out the window?
3. What does the girl, whose house Luke broke into, say about the Government monitoring phone calls?
4. What does Luke notice on his 13th day of watching the house where he saw the child's face?
5. What is Jen shocked to hear that Luke and his family eat, that even her family can't eat?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)