|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Luke when he finally realized that not all children had to hide from visitors?
2. What does Luke learn about from the books that Jen has given him that he mentions to his dad?
(a) Growing food indoors.
(b) Neighbors sharing food.
(c) Canning food.
(d) Using spoiled food to feed the animals.
3. What does Luke listen to while standing in the woods in Chapter 1?
(a) The birds chirping.
(b) The creek rushing by.
(c) The sound of falling trees in the distance.
(d) The sound of twigs breaking.
4. What does Luke call the new family that has a row of birdhouses in their backyard?
(a) The Bird bath family.
(b) The Chirpy family.
(c) The Birdbrain family.
(d) The Birdy family.
5. What can Luke not stop thinking about, so much so that he can't even concentrate on playing with his favorite toy?
(a) The new girl down the road.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) The outdoors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Luke decide he must act now if he wants to sneak over to the third child's house?
2. What brave thing does Jen do for Luke at the end of Chapter 16 that amazes Luke?
3. Luke punches his hand through the screen door of the third child's house, what happens when he enters the house?
4. What does Luke do at supper the night after he meets Jen?
5. What does Luke's mother say is the reason she became pregnant with him?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)