|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Luke's Mom have to be at the factory every day?
(a) 8:00 AM.
(b) 6:00 AM.
(c) 7:00 AM.
(d) 9:00 AM.
2. What does Luke notice the house with the third child sometimes leaves open?
(a) The front door.
(b) The sliding glass door.
(c) The kitchen windown.
(d) The back door.
3. While the Garner family is eating dinner in Chapter 1, they hear tires on the gravel driveway. Where does Luke scramble off to?
(a) Under the table.
(b) Under his parent's bed.
(c) In the pantry.
(d) Upstairs to hide.
4. Luke realizes his home is not a sanctuary but a ___________.
(a) Black hole.
(c) Hide out.
5. While sitting on the attic step, after how many weeks does Luke finally give up trying to keep up with his family's conversation at meal times?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Three weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dad say is the reason for the tax increase on their property?
2. Why does Luke's mother make him sit and eat his breakfast on the bottom step to the attic?
3. How old was Luke when he finally realized that not all children had to hide from visitors?
4. What are Luke's favorite types of books to read?
5. Why is Jen upset with the other children in the online chat room in Chapter 20?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)