|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 - 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mother do when she opens the tax bill?
(a) She is so startled she drops it.
(b) She tears it to pieces.
(c) She clutches it to her chest.
(d) She begins to weep over it.
2. What amazes Jen about Luke in Chapter 15?
(a) That he is crying.
(b) That he had the guts to sneak over to her house.
(c) That he has never seen a girl before.
(d) That he has never met anybody outside of his parents and brothers.
3. What does Luke call the new family that has a row of birdhouses in their backyard?
(a) The Birdy family.
(b) The Chirpy family.
(c) The Bird bath family.
(d) The Birdbrain family.
4. What does the female third child tell Luke she does sometimes just for fun?
(a) Turn the music up really loud and sing along.
(b) Run around outside at night.
(c) Play with fire.
(d) Set off the house alarm.
5. What is Luke's favorite part of his day?
(a) When his brothers come to play checkers with him.
(b) In the morning when he can watch the new houses.
(c) When his mother comes up to tuck him into bed.
(d) When his dad comes home for lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke's Dad slip quietly to Luke every day around noon?
2. How many kids does Jen really think will show up at her rally?
3. After Jen tells Luke in Chapter 15 that he has come to the right place and to forget that hiding-like-a-mole stuff, what does she tell him that she is?
4. What has Jen been using her visits with Luke for?
5. What time does Luke's Mom have to be at the factory every day?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)