|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 - 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 21, Luke's Dad gets a letter from the Government. What do they forbid him from doing?
(a) Growing anything indoors hydroponically.
(b) Selling his chickens.
(c) Leaving his house.
(d) Cutting down any of his trees.
2. When Jen was younger, where did her mom take her to meet other third children?
(a) Secret meetings.
(b) A carnival.
(c) A play group.
(d) A party.
3. Why did the Government make it illegal to have pets?
(a) Because of the diseases they may carry.
(b) An epidemic of lice.
(c) The food shortage.
(d) They believe animals are only for eating.
4. How many residents does Luke watch leave their houses before he sneaks over the the third child's house?
5. What has Luke been taught all his life to fear?
(b) Other children.
(c) Open spaces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke agonize over the three days after he refuses to go with Jen to the rally?
2. Why do Luke's brothers make fun of the bread he made?
3. How do the people moving next to Luke's family's home dress?
4. What does Luke imagine in Chapter 7, which he feels guilty about?
5. What does the girl, who's a third child like Luke, do that shocks him?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)