|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 - 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Government forbidding Luke's dad from doing a particular thing in Chapter 21?
(a) They want him to collect the chickens eggs.
(b) Hydroponics is outlawed because it has been used to grow illegal drugs in the past.
(c) He is forbidden to leave the house because he's been using too much gasoline.
(d) They don't want the value of the new homes to go down by his cutting down trees.
2. What does Luke notice on his 13th day of watching the house where he saw the child's face?
(a) He hears music coming from the house in the middle of the day.
(b) He can spy the outline of a third child at the dinner table.
(c) On a very hot day, the blinds are down, but the family leaves their windows open.
(d) He glimpses the child's face again.
3. What does Luke agonize over the three days after he refuses to go with Jen to the rally?
(a) Stopping her or turning her in to the authorities.
(b) Telling her parents or telling his parents.
(c) Going with her or turning her in to the authorities.
(d) Going with her or stopping her.
4. Whose voice does Luke hear in his room the night Jen and the other kids leave for the rally?
(a) His dad's.
(b) His mom's.
5. How many times does Luke visit Jen in March?
(c) Five times.
(d) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke imagine in Chapter 7, which he feels guilty about?
2. What are Luke's favorite types of books to read?
3. It's harvest time and the family is working harder than ever, what does Luke's mom make sure to leave him every day?
4. Why does Jen believe there are not enough babies being born anymore?
5. What did Jen do to make sure no policemen stop her on her way to the rally?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)