|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 - 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke's mom think of his suggestion to her in Chapter 25?
(a) She can't take a day off because she needs the money.
(b) She doesn't see why they'd want a visit from her since they are rich.
(c) She thinks it's a great idea and asks him what kind of cake he'd like her to make.
(d) She really thinks it would be nice to work somewhere else.
2. What does Jen say to Luke after he tells her he will see her after the rally?
(a) She tells him they can hope.
(b) She tells him it's not likely.
(c) She tells him she can't wait.
(d) She tells him he can bet on it!
3. What is Luke delighted to find after his whole family leaves in a hurry in Chapter 8?
(a) The kitchen window shade is down.
(b) The kitchen windown shade is up.
(c) A big slab of butter for his toast.
(d) A freshly baked cake.
4. Why does Luke's family have a hard time deciphering the meaning of the letter from the Government?
(a) It uses lots of big words.
(b) The font is too small.
(c) It's made of riddles.
(d) It's written in another language.
5. What does Luke notice on his 13th day of watching the house where he saw the child's face?
(a) He can spy the outline of a third child at the dinner table.
(b) On a very hot day, the blinds are down, but the family leaves their windows open.
(c) He hears music coming from the house in the middle of the day.
(d) He glimpses the child's face again.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many residents does Luke watch leave their houses before he sneaks over the the third child's house?
2. In Chapter 21, Luke's Dad gets a letter from the Government. What do they forbid him from doing?
3. After Jen tells Luke in Chapter 15 that he has come to the right place and to forget that hiding-like-a-mole stuff, what does she tell him that she is?
4. What time of the day is it when Luke sees the blinds flip up and down quickly in an upstairs window of one of the new houses?
5. How many times does Luke visit Jen in March?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)