* Luke Garner is playing in the woods, enjoying his last moments of freedom.
* Luke is afraid he will never be let outside again.
* Luke's parents tell him that the Government forced them to sell the woods next to their house.
* The woods are being torn down to put in houses for Government workers and other city folks.
* Luke wishes he could look out the window at the woods one more time, but he is not allowed to look out windows.
* Luke's father gets angry with him for asking to look out the window.
* Luke wonders what will happen if anyone ever saw him in the window -- his parents have never explained.
* Luke's brothers, Mark and Matthew, complain that they will have to do Luke's chores now that he can't go outside anymore.
* Luke's mother hides his plate in the cupboard and stashes his chair in...
This section contains 2,339 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)