|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy in Chapter 9 claim to have done when threatened by the villagers?
(a) Found Luke.
(b) Killed Luke.
(c) Saved the old woman.
(d) Shot Officer Houk.
2. In Chapter 16, Eli confesses that they used to turn in people with what to receive food in return?
(b) Exotic pets.
(c) Third children.
3. What is a literary term defined as the events that make up a story, particularly as they relate to one another in a pattern?
4. What is the name of Eli's wife in the novel?
5. In Chapter 6, Luke can hear dozens of gun shots, indicating to him that what has happened?
(a) He has been spotted.
(b) War has broken out.
(c) The Population Police have slaughtered the villagers.
(d) Someone has tried to warn him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke have nightmares about as he sleeps in Chapter 11?
2. What arise from obstacles located outside the protagonist including nature, the supernatural, or society?
3. What does Luke hear in the end of Chapter 12?
4. Who is the old man who saves Luke from the Population Police when Luke escapes from the abandoned village?
5. In Chapter 15, Luke and the village people eat in celebration of what?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)