|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Wim's ex-girlfriend?
2. Morwenna's mother attacks Morwenna by tearing pages from what, at the end of the novel?
(a) The Iliad.
(b) The Symposium.
(c) Lord of the Rings.
(d) The Bible.
3. Sam lost his entire family how?
(b) The Holocaust.
(c) Volcanic eruption.
4. During the Christmas holidays, Morwenna suspects that her three paternal aunts are actually what?
5. Who does Morwenna call to tell about her condition from Daniel's house after leaving the hospital?
(c) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. The alternative medicine practitioner whom Morwenna sees for her leg pain recommends that she return for treatment for what duration?
2. What does everyone show off at school once the holidays end and classes resume?
3. Morwenna rings in the New Year by visiting whom in the novel?
4. When Morwenna returns to Arlinghurst after her hospitalization, she notices that attitudes have changed and that most everyone seems what?
5. Glorfindel along with a great many fairies are waiting for Morwenna at an industrial ruin she calls what, in the end of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Morwenna resolve to do in the end of the novel? In what ways has her character grown and developed?
2. Who visits Morwenna when she is hospitalized? What happens when Morwenna's mother appears in the hospital?
3. How is the theme of growing up explored in Morwenna's encounter with Mor during the Christmas holidays?
4. What is represented in Morwenna's encounter with Owen at the party during the Christmas holidays?
5. Who does Morwenna go to stay with after leaving her father's home during the Christmas holidays? How does she feel about the trip?
6. How is the theme of growing up explored when Morwenna visits with Moira in South Wales?
7. What is symbolized by Wim's ability to see a fairy when he first visits Poacher's Wood?
8. When is Morwenna forced into the hospital for her leg pain? What is her treatment there like?
9. What does Wim discuss with Morwenna when he visits her in the hospital? What does Morwenna admit about her past?
10. What does Wim reveal to Morwenna about the rumors circulating about him before they go look for fairies?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)