|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wild place does Morwenna visit looking for fairies while staying with Auntie Teg after Christmas?
(a) Poacher's Wood.
(b) Sunflower Meadows.
(c) Dingly Dell.
(d) Croggin Bog.
2. What does Morwenna say is the cause of her leg injury when first asked by Janine?
(a) Sports injury.
(b) Dog attack.
(c) Car accident.
(d) Stray bullet.
3. Where do the book club members convene at to celebrate the birthday of a club member after their discussion of Tiptree?
(a) The train station.
(b) A fancy restaurant.
(c) The local pub.
(d) The bookstore.
4. What place does Morwenna suggest to Wim as a place they can go to possibly see a fairy after their book club meeting?
(a) Dingly Dell.
(b) Foxes Glen.
(c) Poacher's Wood.
(d) Croggin Bog.
5. After a successful pre-Christmas book club meeting, Morwenna meets with the others at a local pub and sits next to whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Jo Walton's first novel published?
2. What rumors has Wim heard that he confronts Morwenna about while she is in the hospital?
3. What aunt drives Morwenna to the train station after Christmas?
4. When Morwenna is placed in the hospital for her leg pain, the doctor recommends she is kept in what for a week?
5. What spell does Morwenna cast when her mother visits her again with another night attack at the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Morwenna receive from her aunts for Christmas? Why does this cause her consternation?
2. What is symbolized by Wim's ability to see a fairy when he first visits Poacher's Wood?
3. Who does Morwenna go to stay with after leaving her father's home during the Christmas holidays? How does she feel about the trip?
4. What does Wim discuss with Morwenna when he visits her in the hospital? What does Morwenna admit about her past?
5. What information and advice does Hugh give Morwenna regarding Wim?
6. What place does Morwenna suggest to Wim as a location they may be able to see a fairy in the novel? Who owns this land?
7. Who visits Morwenna when she is hospitalized? What happens when Morwenna's mother appears in the hospital?
8. What does Wim reveal to Morwenna about the rumors circulating about him before they go look for fairies?
9. How is the theme of growing up explored when Morwenna visits with Moira in South Wales?
10. How does the visit to Poacher's Wood end with Wim? What concerns does Morwenna have about their developing relationship?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)