|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was James Tiptree, Jr. born?
2. Where do Morwenna's final marks place her in her class before the Christmas holidays?
3. What is the name of Wim's ex-girlfriend?
4. What does Morwenna say is the cause of her leg injury when first asked by Janine?
(a) Stray bullet.
(b) Car accident.
(c) Sports injury.
(d) Dog attack.
5. When was Jo Walton born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What play of Shakespeare's does Morwenna see a presentation of after returning to school from her hospitalization?
2. When is it that Morwenna's leg pain becomes so bad she must go to the hospital?
3. What does Morwenna receive from her three aunts for Christmas?
4. What spell does Morwenna cast when her mother visits her again with another night attack at the hospital?
5. How many Nebula awards has Samuel Delany won in his career?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wim reveal to Morwenna about the rumors circulating about him before they go look for fairies?
2. What follows the school's holiday celebration in the novel? What award does Morwenna receive and how does she feel about it?
3. What differences does Morwenna notice at Arlinghurst when she returns after her hospitalization? What does she believe to be the cause of those changes?
4. Who does Morwenna go to stay with after leaving her father's home during the Christmas holidays? How does she feel about the trip?
5. What strikes Morwenna about Sam when he visits after her release from the hospital?
6. What does Morwenna receive from her aunts for Christmas? Why does this cause her consternation?
7. What does Morwenna think of her first acupuncture treatment? How often will she receive the treatments?
8. How does the book club change Morwenna as a character? How does this tie into the novel's themes?
9. What leads up to Morwenna's crying while having a conversation with Janine and Hugh in the novel?
10. What fairy do Wim and Morwenna encounter at an old castle near the end of the novel? What does the fairy tell them?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)