|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Morwenna become the embodiment of in order to show the fairies she doesn't want to follow their instruction in the end of the novel?
2. What refers to an important piece of property associated with the protagonist?
(a) Hero prop.
(b) Foreshadowing object.
(c) Critical possesion.
(d) Vital object.
3. What does the boy who hits on Morwenna call her when she reiterates his sexual advances at the party put on by her former friend after Christmas?
4. When was Jo Walton born?
5. Morwenna barely had a passing mark in what class before the Christmas holidays?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the Christmas holidays, Morwenna suspects that her three paternal aunts are actually what?
2. "Among Others" was published in hardcover edition when?
3. When Morwenna finds magic in South Wales after Christmas, Mor appears in ghostly form, unable to speak and frozen in time at what age?
4. What spell does Morwenna cast when her mother visits her again with another night attack at the hospital?
5. When Wim is set to attend Morwenna's acupuncture session with her for the second time, who unexpectedly shows up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Wim and Morwenna spend Valentine's Day in the novel? What gifts do they exchange?
2. What does Wim reveal to Morwenna about the rumors circulating about him before they go look for fairies?
3. What leads up to Morwenna's crying while having a conversation with Janine and Hugh in the novel?
4. What does Morwenna think of her first acupuncture treatment? How often will she receive the treatments?
5. What follows the school's holiday celebration in the novel? What award does Morwenna receive and how does she feel about it?
6. What is symbolized in the burning of Morwenna's walking stick in the end of the novel?
7. How does the visit to Poacher's Wood end with Wim? What concerns does Morwenna have about their developing relationship?
8. What does Morwenna go to do with Janine and Hugh in the novel? What causes her jealousy over Janine?
9. What information and advice does Hugh give Morwenna regarding Wim?
10. What place does Morwenna suggest to Wim as a location they may be able to see a fairy in the novel? Who owns this land?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)