|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What appears and dances in the flames when Morwenna builds a bonfire in the countryside in the third section of the novel?
2. Whose science fiction novels include "Babel-17, The Einstein Intersection"?
(a) Samuel R. Delany's.
(b) Frank Herbert's.
(c) Ray Bradbury's.
(d) Arthur C. Clarke's.
3. When was the author Ursula Le Guin born?
4. At her first book club meeting, Morwenna is disappointed that almost all of the attendees are what?
(b) Small children.
(d) Politically connected.
5. Who does Morwenna tell in an awkward conversation that she is not interested in her physically after joining the book club?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Glorfindel wear?
2. What teacher signs Morwenna's library form in the novel?
3. Glorfindel instructs Morwenna that she must travel to a ruin and gather what for a ritual there?
4. What is the first book of the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy?
5. Where does Daniel take Morwenna to meet Sam during the school break?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the dominant passion that Morwenna has in the novel? How does this passion affect her character?
2. Describe the first letter Morwenna receives from her mother at Arlilnghurst. Why does Morwenna treasure the letter?
3. Where does Morwenna plan on going to visit during the break in the school term?
4. In what ways are characters revealed in literature? How does this relate to the character of Wim?
5. What contest does Morwenna enter at school in the novel? What is foreseen to be the outcome of the competition?
6. How does Morwenna describe the fairies of Wales in the novel?
7. What unanswered questions does the author set up in the first entries of the novel? Why?
8. How is Morwenna conflicted about her eccentricities in the novel? How is this illustrated at Arlinghurst?
9. How is magic uses metaphorically by the author in the fifth section of the novel?
10. Describe the narrative style of "Among Others". In what format are the events of the novel retold?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)