|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Sam give to Morwenna on her first visit?
(a) The Iliad.
(b) The Symposium.
(c) The Odyssey.
(d) The Bible.
2. Morwenna named the fairy Glorfindel after a character in what novels?
(a) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
(b) The Lord of the Rings.
(c) The Hardy Boys.
3. What sister of her mother's is Morwenna's closest relative?
(a) Auntie Gertrude.
(b) Auntie Olwen.
(c) Auntie Maudie.
(d) Auntie Teg.
4. Who does Morwenna write a poem for in the nationwide poetry contest which is held at her school?
5. How old is Morwenna in 1979?
Short Answer Questions
1. Morwenna treasures the photograph her mother sends her when she arrives at boarding school because it gives her an image of whom to cherish?
2. What is the name of the Irish girl that Morwenna befriends at school?
3. Morwenna writes to Auntie Teg to ask her advice about how what are sized in the novel?
4. Where was the author Ursula Le Guin born and raised?
5. What does Morwenna use in her protective spell which she feels is dangerous but also potentially powerful?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the narrator of "Among Others"? Where is she going in the opening entry?
2. What unanswered questions does the author set up in the first entries of the novel? Why?
3. What does the appearance of Mor in Morwenna's ritual represent metaphorically?
4. How is the character of Wim introduced in the novel? What mystery surrounds Wim?
5. How does Morwenna describe the fairies of Wales in the novel?
6. How does Morwenna relate her feelings about religion in the fourth section of the novel?
7. What happens when Morwenna first goes to burn her mother's letters at Arlinghurst?
8. In what ways are characters revealed in literature? How does this relate to the character of Wim?
9. What happens to make Morwenna feel that her ritual for a karass worked favorably? What is a karass?
10. What occupies Morwenna's attention in the weeks after the Arlinghurst bonfire?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)