|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Morwenna is placed in the hospital for her leg pain, the doctor recommends she is kept in what for a week?
2. How many Nebula awards has Samuel Delany won in his career?
3. What spell does Morwenna cast when her mother visits her again with another night attack at the hospital?
(a) The Circle of Life.
(b) The Ordinance of Power.
(c) The Litany Against Fear.
(d) The Hail Mary.
4. When Morwenna finds magic in South Wales after Christmas, Mor appears in ghostly form, unable to speak and frozen in time at what age?
5. What does Wim give Morwenna on Valentine's Day?
(a) 3 books.
(b) A rose.
(c) 2 kittens.
(d) A poem.
6. How will Morwenna have to travel to get to her treatment practitioner when Daniel cannot take her?
(a) Car and mule.
(b) Bus and train.
(c) Plane and train.
(d) Boat and plane.
7. During the Christmas holidays, Morwenna suspects that her three paternal aunts are actually what?
8. Who invites Morwenna to try alternative medicine treatment for her leg pain?
(c) Aunt Flossie.
9. Sam lost his entire family how?
(b) Volcanic eruption.
(d) The Holocaust.
10. What refers to an important piece of property associated with the protagonist?
(a) Hero prop.
(b) Critical possesion.
(c) Foreshadowing object.
(d) Vital object.
11. Robert Heinlein won Hugo Awards for how many of his novels?
12. What nickname did the writer Robert Heinlein have?
(a) President of fantasy fiction.
(b) Dean of science fiction writers.
(c) Dean of fantasy authors.
(d) Father of science fiction writers.
13. Robert Heinlein, Isaac Asimov and who were known as the "Big Three" of science fiction?
(a) James Joyce.
(b) Douglas Adams.
(c) Arthur C. Clarke.
(d) William Gibson.
14. What 1961 novel is considered by many to be Robert Heinlein's seminal work?
(a) Stranger in a Strange Land.
(b) Farmer in the Sky.
(c) Rocket Ship Galileo.
(d) For Us, The Living.
15. Morwenna takes the train where to stay with her Auntie Teg after Christmas?
(d) South Wales.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Morwenna say her sister died when talking with Wim at Poacher's Wood?
2. What does Morwenna go to the doctor to get in anticipation of an intimate relationship with Wim?
3. Since 2001, Samuel Delany has been a professor of English and Creative Writing at what institution?
4. Why does Morwenna theorize attitudes have changed at Arlinghurst after her hospitalization?
5. Where was Jo Walton born?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)