|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aunt drives Morwenna to the train station after Christmas?
2. When Wim is set to attend Morwenna's acupuncture session with her for the second time, who unexpectedly shows up?
(b) Uncle Clem.
(c) Auntie Teg.
3. The alternative medicine practitioner whom Morwenna sees for her leg pain recommends that she return for treatment for what duration?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 6 weeks.
4. What play of Shakespeare's does Morwenna see a presentation of after returning to school from her hospitalization?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(b) The Tempest.
(c) Julius Ceasar.
5. Morwenna explains that Auntie Teg is having an affair with whom?
(a) A married politician.
(b) An old banker.
(c) A young model.
(d) A train conductor.
6. Rumors around town are that Wim did what?
(a) Killed a bird.
(b) Got a girl pregnant.
(c) Set a building on fire.
(d) Stole a car.
7. What 1961 novel is considered by many to be Robert Heinlein's seminal work?
(a) Stranger in a Strange Land.
(b) Rocket Ship Galileo.
(c) Farmer in the Sky.
(d) For Us, The Living.
8. Robert Heinlein, Isaac Asimov and who were known as the "Big Three" of science fiction?
(a) James Joyce.
(b) Arthur C. Clarke.
(c) William Gibson.
(d) Douglas Adams.
9. What does Wim give Morwenna on Valentine's Day?
(a) A rose.
(b) 2 kittens.
(c) A poem.
(d) 3 books.
10. What does the fairy give to Morwenna at Dingly Dell?
(a) An enchanted necklace.
(b) A mystical potion.
(c) A haunted mirror.
(d) A magical staff.
11. When Morwenna and Wim discuss Robert Heinlein, Morwenna feels Heinlein stands up for dignity and humanity, while Wim feels he is what?
(a) An evil liar.
(b) A phony.
(c) A government spy.
(d) A fascist.
12. What does Morwenna say is the cause of her leg injury when first asked by Janine?
(a) Car accident.
(b) Sports injury.
(c) Dog attack.
(d) Stray bullet.
13. The alternative medicine practitioner whom Morwenna sees for her leg pain recommends that she return for treatment how often?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Every other week.
(d) Every other day.
14. Doing Christmas decorating at Daniel's mansion, the season is dampened by the fact that Russians have invaded what country?
(a) The United States.
15. When was Jo Walton born?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Samuel Delany's "Babel-17" published?
2. When Morwenna attends a party put on by a former hometown friend after Christmas, what boy flirts and cuddles with her?
3. How long does Morwenna intend to stay with her Auntie Teg after Christmas?
4. During the Christmas holidays, Morwenna suspects that her three paternal aunts are actually what?
5. Doing Christmas decorating at Daniel's mansion, Morwenna is homesick for where?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)