|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jo Walton won the John W. Campbell Award for Best New Writer in what year?
2. How many Hugo awards has Samuel Delany won in his career?
3. What do Wim and Morwenna see at the old castle that Daniel drives them to on Valentine's Day?
(a) A dragon.
(b) A fox.
(c) A hawk.
(d) A fairy.
4. Where was Jo Walton born?
(a) Aberdare, Wales.
(b) Cairo, Egypt.
(c) London, England.
(d) Istanbul, Turkey.
5. Since 2001, Samuel Delany has been a professor of English and Creative Writing at what institution?
(a) Oxford University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Temple University.
(d) Stanford University.
6. Morwenna picks out Christmas gifts with Janine and what other teenager who attends the book club meetings?
7. James Tiptree, Jr. is the pen name of what American science fiction author?
(a) Sara Michael Anderson.
(b) Arthur Conan Doyle.
(c) Michelle Williams.
(d) Alice Bradley Sheldon.
8. What does the fairy give to Morwenna at Dingly Dell?
(a) A mystical potion.
(b) An enchanted necklace.
(c) A magical staff.
(d) A haunted mirror.
9. What wild place does Morwenna visit looking for fairies while staying with Auntie Teg after Christmas?
(a) Sunflower Meadows.
(b) Poacher's Wood.
(c) Croggin Bog.
(d) Dingly Dell.
10. What aunt drives Morwenna to the train station after Christmas?
11. When was James Tiptree, Jr. born?
12. Morwenna barely had a passing mark in what class before the Christmas holidays?
13. What does Morwenna give Wim for Valentine's Day?
(a) A poem.
(b) 3 books.
(c) A rose.
(d) 2 kittens.
14. It was not publicly known until what year that James Tiptree, Jr. was a woman?
15. Who from the school visits Morwenna in the hospital and offers her books from the library?
(a) Miss Carroll.
Short Answer Questions
1. Daniel and who arrive and take Morwenna to rest up at home after she is released from the hospital?
2. Where do Morwenna's final marks place her in her class before the Christmas holidays?
3. What does Morwenna go to the doctor to get in anticipation of an intimate relationship with Wim?
4. When Wim visits Morwenna in the hospital, she promises to take him to see what?
5. What nickname did the writer Robert Heinlein have?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)