|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Morwenna say is the cause of her leg injury when first asked by Janine?
(a) Dog attack.
(b) Stray bullet.
(c) Sports injury.
(d) Car accident.
2. Morwenna's mother attacks Morwenna by tearing pages from what, at the end of the novel?
(a) The Symposium.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Iliad.
(d) Lord of the Rings.
3. Where do the book club members convene at to celebrate the birthday of a club member after their discussion of Tiptree?
(a) A fancy restaurant.
(b) The bookstore.
(c) The train station.
(d) The local pub.
4. Robert Heinlein, Isaac Asimov and who were known as the "Big Three" of science fiction?
(a) William Gibson.
(b) James Joyce.
(c) Douglas Adams.
(d) Arthur C. Clarke.
5. Daniel and who arrive and take Morwenna to rest up at home after she is released from the hospital?
(a) Auntie Teg.
(b) Uncle Clem.
(d) Aunt Anthea.
6. Doing Christmas decorating at Daniel's mansion, the season is dampened by the fact that Russians have invaded what country?
(c) The United States.
7. What refers to an important piece of property associated with the protagonist?
(a) Foreshadowing object.
(b) Vital object.
(c) Hero prop.
(d) Critical possesion.
8. What treatment does Morwenna finally receive which grants her relief from her terrible leg pain?
(a) Physical therapy.
9. What wild place does Morwenna visit looking for fairies while staying with Auntie Teg after Christmas?
(a) Croggin Bog.
(b) Dingly Dell.
(c) Sunflower Meadows.
(d) Poacher's Wood.
10. What nickname did the writer Robert Heinlein have?
(a) Dean of science fiction writers.
(b) Dean of fantasy authors.
(c) President of fantasy fiction.
(d) Father of science fiction writers.
11. What aunt drives Morwenna to the train station after Christmas?
12. The book club that Morwenna is a member of at the library is focused on what genre of literature?
(b) Science fiction.
(c) Non fiction.
(d) Self help.
13. What does the boy who hits on Morwenna call her when she reiterates his sexual advances at the party put on by her former friend after Christmas?
14. What rumors has Wim heard that he confronts Morwenna about while she is in the hospital?
(a) She is a witch.
(b) She killed her sister.
(c) She is moving away.
(d) She is bisexual.
15. Why does Morwenna theorize attitudes have changed at Arlinghurst after her hospitalization?
(a) They thought she was rich.
(b) People no longer think she is a witch.
(c) They thought she was faking her leg injury.
(d) They thought she was poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. After a successful pre-Christmas book club meeting, Morwenna meets with the others at a local pub and sits next to whom?
2. When is it that Morwenna's leg pain becomes so bad she must go to the hospital?
3. What spell does Morwenna cast when her mother visits her again with another night attack at the hospital?
4. When Morwenna attends a party put on by a former hometown friend after Christmas, what boy flirts and cuddles with her?
5. During the Christmas holidays, Morwenna suspects that her three paternal aunts are actually what?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)