|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 98 through 124.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the nationwide poetry contest which Morwenna enters at her school, the best hundred poem writers will receive how much money?
(a) 50 pounds.
(b) 30 pounds.
(c) 20 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
2. Who does Sam encourage Morwenna to read?
3. What relative of Morwenna's "disgraced herself by marrying a Catholic"?
(a) Auntie Teg.
(b) Auntie Gertrude.
(c) Auntie Olwen.
(d) Auntie Maudie.
4. What is the name of Morwenna's paternal grandfather?
5. Morwenna and her sister travel to the foul factory in the beginning of the novel at the advice of whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. What language did the fairies Morwenna befriended in her early years speak?
2. When was "The Hobbit" published?
3. What is the name of the town in which a factory has ruined the surrounding area with a foul smell and a blight in the beginning of "Among Others"?
4. Where does Morwenna flee to in 1979?
5. Whose image has been burned out of the photograph that Morwenna's mother sends her after she arrives at the boarding school?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)