|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, on what street does the parade begin on that is demonstrating against the Italians?
2. What does Seraphine find when rearranging Tasan's apartment in Chapter 18?
3. In Chapter 14, what are the Good Old Pals hosting?
4. In Chapter 12, who tells Seraphine that her father is washing his hands of Alamaya?
5. In Chapter 16, who takes Seraphine's place at the Interlink?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what type of demonstration is there in front of Trawl's church?
2. What two things does Dandy do when he and Seraphine get married?
3. What is eaten and drank at Tasan's place when he invites Seraphine to dinner in Chapter 17?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 15, why does Seraphine not go to work in her father's office, and what does she decide to do?
5. What does Seraphine's mother tell her about carrying on with white men in Chapter 17?
6. In Chapter 13, what had Alamaya and other Ethiopians thought about the Aframericans before Alamaya came to America?
7. What does Flagg offer to do and why to save Alamay in Chapter 11?
8. In Chapter 14, why does Alamaya say that he can no longer see Seraphine?
9. In Chapter 11, what is said about Alamaya in the papers?
10. What does Dorsey Flagg think about the rumors being printed about Alamaya in Chapter 11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dorsey Flagg is accused of being a fascist. How and why is Flagg accused of being a fascist? How is the accusation a political ploy?
Essay Topic 2
Seraphine marries a man she has only known for a few hours. Why does Seraphine marry Dandy? What is she trying to prove by marrying him?
Essay Topic 3
Tasan is forced to jump to his death. Why is he forced to jump to his death? Is justice served by his death?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)