|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 15, when did Mr. Montague Claxon live in China?
(b) Late 1920s.
(c) Early 1920s.
2. In Chapter 13, what type of tips did Peixota remember receiving when he was an elevator runner?
3. In Chapter 12, who invites Alamaya to go for drinks after meeting with him at his hotel?
(c) Tasan and Castle.
4. In Chapter 14, how often do the Good Old Pals get together to play cards until dawn?
(a) Every 2 months.
(b) Every 4 months.
(c) Every 3 months.
(d) Every other month.
5. In Chapter 16, to what position is Trawl elected in Hands to Ethiopia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Princess Zarihara's talent in Chapter 16?
2. What do Seraphine and Dandy do in Chapter 18?
3. How much room does Dandy have at his place in Chapter 18?
4. In Chapter 13, where is the speakers' stand located for the demonstration against the Italians?
5. What month is it in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 16, why is the work of Hands to Ethiopia at a standstill?
2. What does Flagg offer to do and why to save Alamay in Chapter 11?
3. In Chapter 16, how does Jean Danou believe that democracy can be cured?
4. Why can Alamaya not prove he is who he says that he is?
5. How is the Princess Benebe Zarihana described?
6. How does Peixota learn that Tasan was plotting and attempting to corrupt Alamay from the start?
7. In Chapter 10, what type of demonstration is there in front of Trawl's church?
8. At the beginning of Chapter 15, why does Seraphine not go to work in her father's office, and what does she decide to do?
9. In Chapter 13, what were the goals of the Hands to Ethiopia group?
10. What does Seraphine's mother tell her about carrying on with white men in Chapter 17?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)