|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what instrument does Newton Castle play?
2. In Chapter 3, what is learned is the nationality of Peixota's father?
(b) South African.
3. What type of feathers does Professor Koazhy have in his hat in Chapter 1?
4. How many people can be accommodated at Buster Quincy's bar in Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 5, what type of coat is Seraphine wearing when she visits Bunchetta?
(a) White fur.
(b) Black leather.
(c) Gray fur.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were Mr. and Mrs. Peixota married?
2. How many rooms does the Friends of Ethiopia have in Chapter 6?
3. What was Mrs. Peixota's surname before she married Peixota?
4. In Chapter 7, how many times has Mrs. Witern visited Harlem before?
5. What queen had a servant who succeeded in converting Ethiopians to Christianity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is The Airplane?
2. Who is Professor Koazhy?
3. How is Kezia Peixota described as the author writes about the dinner held in Alamaya's honor at the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. Who is Newton Castle?
5. In Chapter 9, why does Mrs. Leah Arzell call Kezia Peixota?
6. Who is Lela Witern, and how does she include her husband when giving parties?
7. Who is Peixota?
8. What campaign is Bishop launching in Chapter 6, and what does Peixota think he should do instead?
9. How does Alamaya say that Ethiopia became the first nation to embrace Christianity?
10. In Chapter 4, why are whites not wanted to join the Hands to Ethiopia group?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)