|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the article the Labor Herald publishes about Princess Zarihara in Chapter 16?
(a) Two pages.
(b) Column and a half.
(c) Half page.
(d) Full page.
2. In Chapter 13, near what bar is a speakers' stand erected?
(a) The Dead Rabbit.
3. At the end of Chapter 10, how many police cars arrive with sirens blaring?
4. What time does Seraphine wake in Chapter 18?
(a) 10 a.m.
(b) 2 p.m.
5. In Chapter 10, when Castle leads pickets in front of Trawl's church, what does he carry?
(a) Sign that says "Drive the Fascists Out of Harlem."
(b) Ethiopian Flag.
(c) American flag.
(d) Sign that says "Rev. Trawl Aids Fascist Agents of Hitler and Mussolini."
6. In Chapter 17, how long does Mrs. Peixota say that she and her husband gave a lease of freedom to Seraphine?
(a) 99 years.
(b) 23 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 18 years.
7. In Chapter 15, how often does Mrs. Hobison's organization Interlink have a luncheon with a guest speaker?
(a) Every 3 months.
(b) Twice a month.
(d) Once a month.
8. Where does Augustus Nordling work?
(a) Law office.
(b) Friends of Ethiopia.
(c) Labor Herald.
(d) New York Times.
9. In Chapter 16, who takes Seraphine's place at the Interlink?
(a) Anne Watson.
(b) Beth Martin.
(c) Iris Marlow.
(d) Ruth Phillips.
10. In Chapter 16, when did Jean Danou visit Russia?
11. In Chapter 12, what does Alamaya do after speaking to Tasan and Castle?
(b) Pace the floor angrily.
(c) Call Peixota.
(d) Call Seraphine.
12. Until what time did France ban Soviet motion pictures?
13. In Chapter 13, who does Flagg think might have Alamaya's letter from the Emperor?
14. In Chapter 13, when do the White Friends of Ethiopia learn about a demonstration against the Italians?
15. In Chapter 14, how many of the Good Old Pals are still operating an elevator?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many rooms does Tasan have in his apartment?
2. In Chapter 15, what does Peixota bring Seraphine when he comes home from the office?
3. In Chapter 16, where do Bunchetta and Seraphine move?
4. In Chapter 15, what type of meat is served at Mrs. Witern's dinner?
5. In Chapter 12, where do Tasan and Castle go to the bar?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)