|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, how often do the Good Old Pals get together to play cards until dawn?
(a) Every other month.
(b) Every 4 months.
(c) Every 2 months.
(d) Every 3 months.
2. In Chapter 16, to what position is Flagg elected in Hands to Ethiopia?
(a) Chairman and secretary.
3. In Chapter 10, what is the title of an article that Flagg shows Alamaya from the Labor Herald?
(a) Lindy Hop Exhibitionists.
(b) Harlem is the Magic Quarter.
(c) Ethiopian Representative?
(d) Ethiopian Prince.
4. In Chapter 11, how much money does Peixota say that he received?
5. What month is it in Chapter 13?
6. In Chapter 13, on what street does the parade begin on that is demonstrating against the Italians?
(a) Lenox Avenue.
(b) Seventh Avenue.
(c) 135th Street.
(d) 110th Street.
7. In Chapter 16, when did Jean Danou visit Russia?
8. In Chapter 15, how often does Mrs. Hobison's organization Interlink have a luncheon with a guest speaker?
(a) Twice a month.
(b) Once a month.
(d) Every 3 months.
9. In Chapter 13, who does Flagg think might have Alamaya's letter from the Emperor?
10. How much room does Dandy have at his place in Chapter 18?
(a) 2 rooms.
(b) 4 rooms.
(c) 3 rooms.
(d) 1 room.
11. At the end of Chapter 10, how many police cars arrive with sirens blaring?
12. Where does Augustus Nordling work?
(a) Law office.
(b) New York Times.
(c) Friends of Ethiopia.
(d) Labor Herald.
13. Where did Rev. Trawl start his church?
(a) Cold-water railroad flat.
(b) Abandoned store front.
(c) Street corners.
(d) Old school.
14. In Chapter 13, what type of tips did Peixota remember receiving when he was an elevator runner?
15. In Chapter 13, how long does Peixota speak during Sufi's demonstration?
(a) 4 minutes.
(b) 3 minutes.
(c) 2 minutes.
(d) 5 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tasan flavor with liquor when he and his party visit the Airplane in Chapter 16?
2. At the end of Chapter 12, what did Tasan and Castle drink?
3. How long after their departure do Alamaya and Flagg return to New York In Chapter 11?
4. In Chapter 13, when do the White Friends of Ethiopia learn about a demonstration against the Italians?
5. Where does Tasan live?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)