|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rooms does Tasan have in his apartment?
2. In Chapter 16, to what position is Flagg elected in Hands to Ethiopia?
(c) Chairman and secretary.
3. What do Seraphine and Dandy do in Chapter 18?
(a) Work at Friends of Ethiopia.
(b) Visit her parents.
(c) Get married.
(d) Picket a church.
4. In Chapter 14, how does Seraphine get to Alamaya's hotel?
5. In Chapter 12, who does Tasan compare the Emperor of Ethiopia to?
(d) Ivan the Terrible.
6. In Chapter 13, what type of car does Sufi Abdul Hamid ride in during the parade?
7. In Chapter 13, on weekdays, how many bartenders are employed by the bar where a speakers' stand is erected?
8. What color kimono does Seraphine wear in Chapter 15?
(a) Orange and blue.
(b) Rose and white.
(c) Burgundy and cream.
(d) Pink and lavender.
9. In Chapter 14, how many of the Good Old Pals are still operating an elevator?
10. How long after their departure do Alamaya and Flagg return to New York In Chapter 11?
(a) Less than a week.
(b) About a week.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 10 days.
11. In Chapter 13, when will there be a demonstration against the Italians?
12. In Chapter 12, who tells Seraphine that her father is washing his hands of Alamaya?
(a) Her mother.
(c) A servant.
(d) Mrs. Witern.
13. In Chapter 13, when do the White Friends of Ethiopia learn about a demonstration against the Italians?
14. In Chapter 13, who calls Peixota and asks him to change the demonstration against the Italians to a fascist demonstration?
15. Where does Augustus Nordling work?
(a) New York Times.
(b) Labor Herald.
(c) Friends of Ethiopia.
(d) Law office.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, when does Mrs. Witern invited Bunchetta and Seraphine to dinner?
2. In Chapter 18, where does Dandy live?
3. What month is it in Chapter 13?
4. What is the only thing that Seraphine has for breakfast in Chapter 15?
5. In Chapter 16, who takes Seraphine's place at the Interlink?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)