|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, on what street does the parade begin on that is demonstrating against the Italians?
(a) Seventh Avenue.
(b) Lenox Avenue.
(c) 110th Street.
(d) 135th Street.
2. In Chapter 16, up until what time was Jean Danou militantly anti-Soviet?
3. What do the members of the Good Old Pals play for in Chapter 14?
(b) Match sticks.
4. In Chapter 14, what are the Good Old Pals hosting?
(a) Dinner of ham and collard greens.
(b) Hog roast.
(c) Pig knuckles feed and card game.
(d) Poker night.
5. In Chapter 12, who does Tasan compare the Emperor of Ethiopia to?
(a) Ivan the Terrible.
6. How much does Seraphine earn for part-time work with the Interlink in Chapter 16?
7. In Chapter 13, on weekdays, how many bartenders are employed by the bar where a speakers' stand is erected?
8. What does Seraphine find in a cabinet in Tasan's apartment?
(a) Photographs of her father.
(b) Letters to a lover.
(c) Alamaya's letter from the Emperor.
(d) Letters to Castle.
9. How long did Queen Judith of Ethiopia reign?
(a) 40 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 5 years.
10. In Chapter 14, how many of the Good Old Pals are still operating an elevator?
11. In Chapter 16, how much does Tasan offer to pay Serpahine to work in the office of the Friends of Ethiopia?
12. In Chapter 10 when their is a protest in front of Trawl's church, what is the racial makeup of the group?
(a) 1/3 colored.
(b) 3/4 colored.
(c) 3/4 white.
(d) 1/2 white.
13. In Chapter 13, what type of car does Sufi Abdul Hamid ride in during the parade?
14. In Chapter 13, who does Flagg think might have Alamaya's letter from the Emperor?
15. In Chapter 15, how often does Mrs. Hobison's organization Interlink have a luncheon with a guest speaker?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Twice a month.
(d) Every 3 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, how long does Peixota speak during Sufi's demonstration?
2. In Chapter 10, what is the title of an article that Flagg shows Alamaya from the Labor Herald?
3. In Chapter 12, where do Tasan and Castle go to the bar?
4. In Chapter 12, what does Alamaya do after speaking to Tasan and Castle?
5. In Chapter 13, when will there be a demonstration against the Italians?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)