|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confesses to Don that he missed the man he was supposed to watch that morning?
2. In Act II, who tells Teach that he "lamed this up real good"?
3. Which hospital is Fletcher admitted to?
4. Why does Don want to see Bob's nickel?
5. How will Don determine the value of Bob's buffalo nickel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss David Mamet's writing style in this play. How does he use different language and speaking styles to create unique characters?
Essay Topic 2
Why is Bob's lie about seeing the coin collector leave his house critical to the play? How does that piece of information change Don's plan to break into the house? Why do you think Bob lied about this?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the buffalo nickel in this play? How does the nickel, which sells for quite a profit in the beginning of the play, become the impetus for Don's plan to rob his customer? What motivates Don to plan the robbery?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)