|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bob say he bought the nickel from?
2. Who calls the second hospital to verify that Fletcher is there?
3. After wrecking the shop, who does Teach say he goes out on a limb for?
4. What is the main reason Don wants Fletcher to help him with the break in?
5. In Act II, who tells Teach that he "lamed this up real good"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of setting in the novel. How does Don's Resale Shop create a useful backdrop for the characters and their schemes?
Essay Topic 2
Why is Bob's lie about seeing the coin collector leave his house critical to the play? How does that piece of information change Don's plan to break into the house? Why do you think Bob lied about this?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the buffalo nickel in this play? How does the nickel, which sells for quite a profit in the beginning of the play, become the impetus for Don's plan to rob his customer? What motivates Don to plan the robbery?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)