|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose presence in the shop that night makes Teach suspicious?
2. Who tells Teach to get out of the shop toward the end of Act II?
3. Who believes that Don is a fake and makes friends with junkies?
4. What does Bob want to do instead of going to the hospital?
5. What does Fletcher spill when he was playing cards?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the problems between Teach and Don. What intensifies their anger and causes them to lash out at each other?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of setting in the novel. How does Don's Resale Shop create a useful backdrop for the characters and their schemes?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Ruthie and Grace's impact on Teach. Why is he so angry with them? Is his jealousy a factor in his perspective of them? Why or why not?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)