|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Don tell Ruthie about Bob's whereabouts?
2. Who says, "you tire me out, Walt" at the end of Act II?
3. What does Bob say he needs at the opening of Act II?
4. Who tells Teach that the job is over, that "it's done now" in Act II?
5. What does Teach say the country is founded on?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the buffalo nickel in this play? How does the nickel, which sells for quite a profit in the beginning of the play, become the impetus for Don's plan to rob his customer? What motivates Don to plan the robbery?
Essay Topic 2
At the end of the play, Don says "you tire me out, Walt." Discuss in an essay what Don means and why he has called Teach "Walt." What does it suggest about how Don sees Teach after their fight?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Bob's lie about seeing the coin collector leave his house critical to the play? How does that piece of information change Don's plan to break into the house? Why do you think Bob lied about this?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)