|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teach say about the way he looks when he sees his reflection in the shop window?
2. What does Teach use to wreck the shop?
3. At the end of the play, who believes the world is made up of lies, and there is no friendship?
4. What does Don ask Teach to go and get after he has been hit?
5. What are Don and Teach arguing about regarding the possibility of finding a safe in the coin collector's house?
Essay Topic 1
Provide several specific examples of how Teach believes he knows more than others. Is his "wisdom" worthwhile or misguided? Explain your viewpoint.
Essay Topic 2
What causes Teach to destroy Don's shop? What does this scene suggest about Teach's emotional reaction to events not going his way? In what other scenes does he react emotionally when Don makes decisions about the robbery?
Essay Topic 3
Teach says, "we all live like the cavemen" after the violent encounter between him, Don, and Bob. Discuss the meaning of this statement as it pertains to Teach. How does Teach act more like a caveman than the other two characters?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)