|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bob say when he has to go to the hospital?
2. Who suggests calling the coin collector's house to see if anyone is home?
3. At the end of Act II, who does Teach ask if he's mad at him?
4. Who says he hit Bob for his own good and the good of all?
5. Who asks Bob where he got the nickel after he is hit in the head?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of setting in the novel. How does Don's Resale Shop create a useful backdrop for the characters and their schemes?
Essay Topic 2
Provide several specific examples of how Teach believes he knows more than others. Is his "wisdom" worthwhile or misguided? Explain your viewpoint.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of Teach's watch as a symbol of his lack of dependability. Why does he say he lost it and then later that he hocked it?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)