|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don tell Bob at the end of Act II?
2. At the end of the play, who believes the world is made up of lies, and there is no friendship?
3. In Act II, who tells Teach that he "lamed this up real good"?
4. At the end of Act II, what does Teach say about his watch?
5. Who hits Bob in the head?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe several instances of the way humor is used in American Buffalo. Does David Mamet use humor effectively? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Ruthie and Grace's impact on Teach. Why is he so angry with them? Is his jealousy a factor in his perspective of them? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss David Mamet's writing style in this play. How does he use different language and speaking styles to create unique characters?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)