|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Fletcher?
2. Who tells Don he should clean up his shop after it's been wrecked?
3. What is the main reason Don wants Fletcher to help him with the break in?
4. At the end of the play, who says, "we all live like cavemen"?
5. Who says he hit Bob for his own good and the good of all?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of setting in the novel. How does Don's Resale Shop create a useful backdrop for the characters and their schemes?
Essay Topic 2
Teach says, "we all live like the cavemen" after the violent encounter between him, Don, and Bob. Discuss the meaning of this statement as it pertains to Teach. How does Teach act more like a caveman than the other two characters?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the buffalo nickel in this play? How does the nickel, which sells for quite a profit in the beginning of the play, become the impetus for Don's plan to rob his customer? What motivates Don to plan the robbery?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)