|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bob say Fletcher broke?
2. Who stole a pig iron from Ruthie?
3. Who says he feels like throwing up?
4. How does Teach react when Don tells him the main reason he wants Fletcher on the job with them?
5. Who tells Teach to get out of the shop toward the end of Act II?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Ruthie and Grace's impact on Teach. Why is he so angry with them? Is his jealousy a factor in his perspective of them? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Bob as a character who ultimately brings out the best in Don. How has Bob shown kindness toward Don? What does Don say to Bob at the end of the play that reflects the best side of his nature?
Essay Topic 3
Describe several instances of the way humor is used in American Buffalo. Does David Mamet use humor effectively? Why or why not?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)