|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don say that Teach should have told him during the card game?
2. What are Don and Teach arguing about regarding the possibility of finding a safe in the coin collector's house?
3. How will Don determine the value of Bob's buffalo nickel?
4. What does Bob say when he has to go to the hospital?
5. At the end of Act II, what does Teach say about his watch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the news of Fletcher's hospitalization put Bob in a precarious situation? What is Teach and Don's reaction to the news? Why do they think Bob is lying to them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of setting in the novel. How does Don's Resale Shop create a useful backdrop for the characters and their schemes?
Essay Topic 3
Provide several specific examples of how Teach believes he knows more than others. Is his "wisdom" worthwhile or misguided? Explain your viewpoint.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)