|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who requests a hat before he leaves for the hospital?
2. Who says, "you tire me out, Walt" at the end of Act II?
3. Who confesses to Don that he missed the man he was supposed to watch that morning?
4. Who does Bob show his nickel to?
5. What is Bob willing to sell Don the night of the planned break in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe several instances of the way humor is used in American Buffalo. Does David Mamet use humor effectively? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Don says "action counts" in business. Do you agree or disagree that he made the wrong decision to allow Teach to become part of the break-in plan? How does he take action in this play and the robbery plan in particular?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Teach becomes increasingly violent as the play progresses. What evidence do we have of his dangerous nature even before he attacks Bob?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)