|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don give Teach when he asks to be quizzed?
2. Why does Teach need a nap?
3. When Don and Bob are talking about advance money in Act I, what does Teach ask to see at the shop?
4. Why does Teach think Ruthie won at cards?
5. How much is Don giving to Earl for putting him in contact with the potential buyer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Teach tell Don and Bob about the way Ruthie treated him at The Riverside?
2. When Bob comes back with pie and Pepsi for his breakfast, what happens when Bob asks Don for money?
3. What kind of mood is Teach in when he first enters the junk shop?
4. How does the issue of Fletcher's whereabouts finally get resolved?
5. Where and when does Act II take place?
6. How does Don seem to be handling the plan for the robbery?
7. What are Bob's injuries after being hit by Teach?
8. Why doesn't Bob want to go to the hospital to have his ear checked?
9. Why is Ruthie's phone call to Don important in diffusing the tense situation between Teach and Bob?
10. Why does Teach need a nap in the final scene of Act I?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how nicknames are used in the play. What is the significance of Bob calling Don "Donny" at the end of Act II? Is Teach's nickname appropriate for him? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe several instances of the way humor is used in American Buffalo. Does David Mamet use humor effectively? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How does the news of Fletcher's hospitalization put Bob in a precarious situation? What is Teach and Don's reaction to the news? Why do they think Bob is lying to them?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)