|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Bob ask Don for before the break in?
2. How much money does Don say he'll pay Bob for spotting the coin collector they plan to steal from?
3. Why does Teach need a nap?
4. Why does Teach think Ruthie won at cards?
5. Who says, "don't push me, Don ... I am not other people"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Don feel about Teach bringing a gun to the robbery, and what does Teach say about it?
2. Where and when does Act II take place?
3. What happens when Teach and Don talk out their plan for the break in?
4. Why does Don ask Fletcher if he's had a chance to take a nap when Teach is talking about free enterprise?
5. In the beginning of the play, how is it clear that Teach does not think highly of Bob?
6. What new information does Bob tell Don after he returns with breakfast?
7. How does the issue of Fletcher's whereabouts finally get resolved?
8. How does Teach revise Don's plan for the break in?
9. In what way does Teach tell Don conflicting information in Act II?
10. Why does Teach need a nap in the final scene of Act I?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the play, Don says "you tire me out, Walt." Discuss in an essay what Don means and why he has called Teach "Walt." What does it suggest about how Don sees Teach after their fight?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of Teach's watch as a symbol of his lack of dependability. Why does he say he lost it and then later that he hocked it?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Bob as a character who ultimately brings out the best in Don. How has Bob shown kindness toward Don? What does Don say to Bob at the end of the play that reflects the best side of his nature?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)