|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is Teach supposed to arrive back at Don's shop that night?
2. Who suggests Fletcher should be brought in to help with the break in?
3. When Don first calls Fletcher, what response does he get?
4. How does Teach describe the bacon that he gets for breakfast?
5. Why does Don assume the coin collector is going away for the weekend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is an example of Teach's unhappy nature in Act I?
2. What is Teach angry about at the beginning of Act II?
3. Why is Don certain that Fletcher will not rob the coin collector on his own?
4. Describe events that lead up to Don hitting Teach.
5. How is the relationship between Ruthie and Grace described?
6. How does Don show his concern for Bob's welfare in the beginning of Act I?
7. Where and when does Act II take place?
8. Who is the first person to mention that Fletcher is at Masonic Hospital, and why is this important?
9. How does Don use food to console Teach at the beginning of Act I?
10. What kind of philosophical teachings does Teach give Don when they are putting the final touches on the robbery plan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of Teach's watch as a symbol of his lack of dependability. Why does he say he lost it and then later that he hocked it?
Essay Topic 2
Don says "action counts" in business. Do you agree or disagree that he made the wrong decision to allow Teach to become part of the break-in plan? How does he take action in this play and the robbery plan in particular?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss David Mamet's writing style in this play. How does he use different language and speaking styles to create unique characters?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)