Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "you trying to kill yourself?" at the end of Act I?
2. Who suggests Fletcher should be brought in to help with the break in?
3. Why does Teach finally agree to have Fletcher help with the break in?
4. What time is Teach supposed to arrive back at Don's shop that night?
5. How much does Don sell a buffalo nickel for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new information does Bob tell Don after he returns with breakfast?
2. What does Teach mention about Bob that makes Don angry after he's given Bob fifty dollars?
3. Why is Don so upset that Fletcher has not arrived in the evening?
4. What does Don want to steal from the coin collector?
5. Why does Teach object to Don eating yogurt for breakfast?
6. Describe events that lead up to Don hitting Teach.
7. What is the importance of time in Act II?
8. How does the issue of Fletcher's whereabouts finally get resolved?
9. What is the biggest problem that Don seems to be facing in the planning of the robbery?
10. What new information about Fletcher comes out when Teach and Don argue about how to crack the combination of the safe?
Provide several specific examples of how Teach believes he knows more than others. Is his "wisdom" worthwhile or misguided? Explain your viewpoint.
What is the significance of the buffalo nickel in this play? How does the nickel, which sells for quite a profit in the beginning of the play, become the impetus for Don's plan to rob his customer? What motivates Don to plan the robbery?
Discuss Bob as a character who ultimately brings out the best in Don. How has Bob shown kindness toward Don? What does Don say to Bob at the end of the play that reflects the best side of his nature?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)