|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teach say about Don's attitude toward Bob?
2. When Bob returns from the diner, what does he buy for his breakfast?
3. How does Teach plan to get into the coin collector's house?
4. When Bob gets his money from Don and leaves the shop in Act I, who says, "it's best for everybody"?
5. In Act I, what two things does Teach tell Don should be kept separated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don want to steal from the coin collector?
2. What are Bob's injuries after being hit by Teach?
3. How does Don feel about Teach bringing a gun to the robbery, and what does Teach say about it?
4. What do Bob and Don argue about in the opening scene of Act II?
5. How do Teach and Don use money to get Bob to leave the store at night?
6. Why does Bob complain about Don's suggestion that they look up the value of his nickel in the coin book?
7. What does Don show about his business sense when Teach is quizzing him on the penny's value?
8. How does Don seem to get angry with Bob over the news about Fletcher?
9. Why is Don certain that Fletcher will not rob the coin collector on his own?
10. What new information about Fletcher comes out when Teach and Don argue about how to crack the combination of the safe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Ruthie and Grace's impact on Teach. Why is he so angry with them? Is his jealousy a factor in his perspective of them? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Don says "action counts" in business. Do you agree or disagree that he made the wrong decision to allow Teach to become part of the break-in plan? How does he take action in this play and the robbery plan in particular?
Essay Topic 3
Provide several specific examples of how Teach believes he knows more than others. Is his "wisdom" worthwhile or misguided? Explain your viewpoint.
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)