|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teach say about Ruthie's card-playing skills?
2. What time is Teach supposed to arrive back at Don's shop that night?
3. How much does Don tell Teach he sells his collectibles for?
4. When Don and Bob are talking about advance money in Act I, what does Teach ask to see at the shop?
5. Why does Teach finally agree to have Fletcher help with the break in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Don feel about Teach bringing a gun to the robbery, and what does Teach say about it?
2. What kind of person does Bob seem to be?
3. What does Teach think about the way Ruthie plays cards?
4. How does Teach revise Don's plan for the break in?
5. Why does Teach object to Don eating yogurt for breakfast?
6. Why is Ruthie's phone call to Don important in diffusing the tense situation between Teach and Bob?
7. What are Bob's injuries after being hit by Teach?
8. What happens when Teach and Don talk out their plan for the break in?
9. In Act II, why is Teach worried about Fletcher being involved in the job?
10. Why doesn't Bob want to go to the hospital to have his ear checked?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the play, Don says "you tire me out, Walt." Discuss in an essay what Don means and why he has called Teach "Walt." What does it suggest about how Don sees Teach after their fight?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Teach becomes increasingly violent as the play progresses. What evidence do we have of his dangerous nature even before he attacks Bob?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss your view of Teach as a "businessman." What does he like best about his business deal with Don? Does it seem an easy way to earn a fast buck? Provide specific textual examples to support your opinion.
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)