|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teach take off Grace's breakfast plate?
2. How much does Don think the coin collector would have paid for the buffalo nickel if he had negotiated harder?
3. Who says he's angry, then hurt about bringing Fletcher on board for the break in job?
4. Where are Grace and Ruthie having breakfast in Act I?
5. What role does Teach want to play in the break in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Don receive ninety dollars for the buffalo nickel?
2. What is Teach's reaction to having Fletcher on the break in job?
3. What kind of mood is Teach in when he first enters the junk shop?
4. What does Bob reveal about why he bought the nickel after he has been hit?
5. Why doesn't Bob want to go to the hospital to have his ear checked?
6. What is the biggest problem that Don seems to be facing in the planning of the robbery?
7. What kind of person does Bob seem to be?
8. Why does Teach need a nap in the final scene of Act I?
9. What kind of philosophical teachings does Teach give Don when they are putting the final touches on the robbery plan?
10. In the beginning of the play, how is it clear that Teach does not think highly of Bob?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does Teach disparage Fletcher? Why does Teach tell Don about Fletcher cheating at cards? How does he hope to dissuade Don from bringing Fletcher into the break-in plan?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Bob as a character who ultimately brings out the best in Don. How has Bob shown kindness toward Don? What does Don say to Bob at the end of the play that reflects the best side of his nature?
Essay Topic 3
Provide several specific examples of how Teach believes he knows more than others. Is his "wisdom" worthwhile or misguided? Explain your viewpoint.
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)