|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "we do not need this guy," in response to the idea of bringing in Fletcher to help with the break in?
2. What is Teach's real name?
3. How does Teach describe the bacon that he gets for breakfast?
4. What room does Teach believe the coin collector will hide his coins in?
5. When Bob gets his money from Don and leaves the shop in Act I, who says, "it's best for everybody"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Don say that he wants Fletcher on the team?
2. How does Don seem to be handling the plan for the robbery?
3. How is the relationship between Ruthie and Grace described?
4. What collectibles do Don and Teach talk about while they're waiting for Bob to return with breakfast?
5. What happens when Teach and Don talk out their plan for the break in?
6. Why does Teach hit Bob?
7. How does Bob try to make peace between Don and Teach when they begin to argue in Act II?
8. What time is Teach supposed to be back at the shop for the break in?
9. In the beginning of the play, how is it clear that Teach does not think highly of Bob?
10. What is Teach angry about at the beginning of Act II?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Provide several specific examples of how Teach believes he knows more than others. Is his "wisdom" worthwhile or misguided? Explain your viewpoint.
Essay Topic 2
Identify the problems between Teach and Don. What intensifies their anger and causes them to lash out at each other?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of setting in the novel. How does Don's Resale Shop create a useful backdrop for the characters and their schemes?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)