|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "we do not need this guy," in response to the idea of bringing in Fletcher to help with the break in?
2. What does Bob say about Ruthie when he first mentions her?
3. Why does Don assume the coin collector is going away for the weekend?
4. What does Teach ask Don if he wants to play before leaving the shop?
5. What is Teach's real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Don feel about Teach bringing a gun to the robbery, and what does Teach say about it?
2. Why is the setting important in Act I?
3. Why does Bob complain about Don's suggestion that they look up the value of his nickel in the coin book?
4. What is the final thing that Don has to forgive Bob for?
5. What kind of advice does Teach give Don about scouting out the coin collector's house?
6. Describe Teach's behavior after he hits Bob.
7. What is Teach's reaction to having Fletcher on the break in job?
8. Why doesn't Bob want to go to the hospital to have his ear checked?
9. What does Bob reveal about why he bought the nickel after he has been hit?
10. When Bob comes back with pie and Pepsi for his breakfast, what happens when Bob asks Don for money?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does Teach disparage Fletcher? Why does Teach tell Don about Fletcher cheating at cards? How does he hope to dissuade Don from bringing Fletcher into the break-in plan?
Essay Topic 2
What causes Teach to destroy Don's shop? What does this scene suggest about Teach's emotional reaction to events not going his way? In what other scenes does he react emotionally when Don makes decisions about the robbery?
Essay Topic 3
Don says "action counts" in business. Do you agree or disagree that he made the wrong decision to allow Teach to become part of the break-in plan? How does he take action in this play and the robbery plan in particular?
This section contains 1,409 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)