|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who thinks the coin collector will not hide his coins in the basement?
2. Why does Don tell Bob he should eat breakfast?
3. Who believes Fletcher will bring depth to the team on the break in?
4. Who says, "you'll be in there under lots of pressure," when he's talking about the break in?
5. Who says, action counts," in Act I?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new information about Fletcher comes out when Teach and Don argue about how to crack the combination of the safe?
2. What does Teach tell Don and Bob about the way Ruthie treated him at The Riverside?
3. Describe events that lead up to Don hitting Teach.
4. How does Don use food to console Teach at the beginning of Act I?
5. How is the relationship between Ruthie and Grace described?
6. What does Don try to teach Bob at the beginning of the play?
7. What does Bob reveal about why he bought the nickel after he has been hit?
8. Describe Teach's behavior after he hits Bob.
9. How do Teach and Don use money to get Bob to leave the store at night?
10. What happens when Teach and Don talk out their plan for the break in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how nicknames are used in the play. What is the significance of Bob calling Don "Donny" at the end of Act II? Is Teach's nickname appropriate for him? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Ruthie and Grace's impact on Teach. Why is he so angry with them? Is his jealousy a factor in his perspective of them? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss your view of Teach as a "businessman." What does he like best about his business deal with Don? Does it seem an easy way to earn a fast buck? Provide specific textual examples to support your opinion.
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)