|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Don call on the phone in Act I?
2. Where are Grace and Ruthie having breakfast in Act I?
3. In Act I, who says, "I'm sorry. I thought we were done talking"?
4. What time is Teach supposed to arrive back at Don's shop that night?
5. Who tells Don, "you got to trusts your instincts, right or wrong"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Teach need a nap in the final scene of Act I?
2. What new information about Fletcher comes out when Teach and Don argue about how to crack the combination of the safe?
3. What does Teach think about the way Ruthie plays cards?
4. What does Teach tell Don and Bob about the way Ruthie treated him at The Riverside?
5. In what way does Teach tell Don conflicting information in Act II?
6. Why is the setting important in Act I?
7. Describe Teach's behavior after he hits Bob.
8. What new information does Bob tell Don after he returns with breakfast?
9. What does Don want to steal from the coin collector?
10. Where and when does Act II take place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Teach becomes increasingly violent as the play progresses. What evidence do we have of his dangerous nature even before he attacks Bob?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the buffalo nickel in this play? How does the nickel, which sells for quite a profit in the beginning of the play, become the impetus for Don's plan to rob his customer? What motivates Don to plan the robbery?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Teach disparage Fletcher? Why does Teach tell Don about Fletcher cheating at cards? How does he hope to dissuade Don from bringing Fletcher into the break-in plan?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)