|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "you trying to kill yourself?" at the end of Act I?
2. Who suggests Fletcher should be brought in to help with the break in?
3. Why does Teach finally agree to have Fletcher help with the break in?
4. What time is Teach supposed to arrive back at Don's shop that night?
5. How much does Don sell a buffalo nickel for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new information does Bob tell Don after he returns with breakfast?
2. What does Teach mention about Bob that makes Don angry after he's given Bob fifty dollars?
3. Why is Don so upset that Fletcher has not arrived in the evening?
4. What does Don want to steal from the coin collector?
5. Why does Teach object to Don eating yogurt for breakfast?
6. Describe events that lead up to Don hitting Teach.
7. What is the importance of time in Act II?
8. How does the issue of Fletcher's whereabouts finally get resolved?
9. What is the biggest problem that Don seems to be facing in the planning of the robbery?
10. What new information about Fletcher comes out when Teach and Don argue about how to crack the combination of the safe?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of Teach's watch as a symbol of his lack of dependability. Why does he say he lost it and then later that he hocked it?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how nicknames are used in the play. What is the significance of Bob calling Don "Donny" at the end of Act II? Is Teach's nickname appropriate for him? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the play, Don says "you tire me out, Walt." Discuss in an essay what Don means and why he has called Teach "Walt." What does it suggest about how Don sees Teach after their fight?
This section contains 1,276 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)