|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teach ask Don if he wants to play before leaving the shop?
2. What role does Teach want to play in the break in?
3. What role does Teach say Don should play in the break in?
4. Teach tells Don that he likes him like as a:
5. How does Teach describe the division of labor between him, Don, and Fletcher?
Short Essay Questions
1. What collectibles do Don and Teach talk about while they're waiting for Bob to return with breakfast?
2. What is the importance of time in Act II?
3. How does Don seem to get angry with Bob over the news about Fletcher?
4. What kind of mood is Teach in when he first enters the junk shop?
5. What kind of person does Bob seem to be?
6. Why does Teach object to Don eating yogurt for breakfast?
7. How does Don show his concern for Bob's welfare in the beginning of Act I?
8. What do Bob and Don argue about in the opening scene of Act II?
9. How is the relationship between Ruthie and Grace described?
10. How does Bob try to make peace between Don and Teach when they begin to argue in Act II?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how nicknames are used in the play. What is the significance of Bob calling Don "Donny" at the end of Act II? Is Teach's nickname appropriate for him? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe several instances of the way humor is used in American Buffalo. Does David Mamet use humor effectively? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Bob's lie about seeing the coin collector leave his house critical to the play? How does that piece of information change Don's plan to break into the house? Why do you think Bob lied about this?
This section contains 1,285 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)