|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Teach's real name?
2. Don says the coin collector will put the coins in his:
3. In reference to the coin book, who says, "this is what I'm saying ... you got to know what you're talking about"?
4. What does Teach say about Ruthie's card-playing skills?
5. Why doesn't Teach want to answer Don's question about alternative ways to get into the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Teach's behavior after he hits Bob.
2. In Act II, why is Teach worried about Fletcher being involved in the job?
3. How is the relationship between Ruthie and Grace described?
4. What does Don want to steal from the coin collector?
5. Who is the first person to mention that Fletcher is at Masonic Hospital, and why is this important?
6. How does Bob stand up for Ruthie in Act I?
7. What time is Teach supposed to be back at the shop for the break in?
8. What does Teach tell Don and Bob about the way Ruthie treated him at The Riverside?
9. In what way does Teach tell Don conflicting information in Act II?
10. Why doesn't Bob want to go to the hospital to have his ear checked?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Bob's lie about seeing the coin collector leave his house critical to the play? How does that piece of information change Don's plan to break into the house? Why do you think Bob lied about this?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of setting in the novel. How does Don's Resale Shop create a useful backdrop for the characters and their schemes?
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the play, Don says "you tire me out, Walt." Discuss in an essay what Don means and why he has called Teach "Walt." What does it suggest about how Don sees Teach after their fight?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)