|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Don's first guess about the value of the 1929 penny that Teach quizzes him on?
2. What does Teach ask Bob about after he returns from the diner with Don's coffee?
3. What does Teach want Don to teach him about coins?
4. Why does Teach tell Don that he needs to go first class with the break in?
5. What is the last word Don says in Act I after Teach leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Don receive ninety dollars for the buffalo nickel?
2. Why does Teach need a nap in the final scene of Act I?
3. How does Don seem to be handling the plan for the robbery?
4. What kind of advice does Teach give Don about scouting out the coin collector's house?
5. Why does Don say that he wants Fletcher on the team?
6. Where and when does Act II take place?
7. How does Don use food to console Teach at the beginning of Act I?
8. What do Bob and Don argue about in the opening scene of Act II?
9. Why does Don ask Fletcher if he's had a chance to take a nap when Teach is talking about free enterprise?
10. What kind of mood is Teach in when he first enters the junk shop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the play, Don says "you tire me out, Walt." Discuss in an essay what Don means and why he has called Teach "Walt." What does it suggest about how Don sees Teach after their fight?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the buffalo nickel in this play? How does the nickel, which sells for quite a profit in the beginning of the play, become the impetus for Don's plan to rob his customer? What motivates Don to plan the robbery?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the problems between Teach and Don. What intensifies their anger and causes them to lash out at each other?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)