Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "you trying to kill yourself?" at the end of Act I?
2. Who suggests Fletcher should be brought in to help with the break in?
3. Why does Teach finally agree to have Fletcher help with the break in?
4. What time is Teach supposed to arrive back at Don's shop that night?
5. How much does Don sell a buffalo nickel for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new information does Bob tell Don after he returns with breakfast?
2. What does Teach mention about Bob that makes Don angry after he's given Bob fifty dollars?
3. Why is Don so upset that Fletcher has not arrived in the evening?
4. What does Don want to steal from the coin collector?
5. Why does Teach object to Don eating yogurt for breakfast?
6. Describe events that lead up to Don hitting Teach.
7. What is the importance of time in Act II?
8. How does the issue of Fletcher's whereabouts finally get resolved?
9. What is the biggest problem that Don seems to be facing in the planning of the robbery?
10. What new information about Fletcher comes out when Teach and Don argue about how to crack the combination of the safe?
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does Teach disparage Fletcher? Why does Teach tell Don about Fletcher cheating at cards? How does he hope to dissuade Don from bringing Fletcher into the break-in plan?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the buffalo nickel in this play? How does the nickel, which sells for quite a profit in the beginning of the play, become the impetus for Don's plan to rob his customer? What motivates Don to plan the robbery?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss your view of Teach as a "businessman." What does he like best about his business deal with Don? Does it seem an easy way to earn a fast buck? Provide specific textual examples to support your opinion.
This section contains 1,276 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)