|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bob returns from the diner, what does he buy for his breakfast?
2. When Don and Bob are talking about advance money in Act I, what does Teach ask to see at the shop?
3. What does Bob say about Ruthie when he first mentions her?
4. Who says he's angry, then hurt about bringing Fletcher on board for the break in job?
5. Who suggests Fletcher should be brought in to help with the break in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the first person to mention that Fletcher is at Masonic Hospital, and why is this important?
2. Why is the setting important in Act I?
3. In Act II, why is Teach worried about Fletcher being involved in the job?
4. What kind of advice does Teach give Don about scouting out the coin collector's house?
5. In what way does Teach tell Don conflicting information in Act II?
6. Why is Don so upset that Fletcher has not arrived in the evening?
7. What happens when Teach and Don talk out their plan for the break in?
8. How does Don seem reluctant to tell Teach about the planned break in to steal from the coin collector?
9. How does Don feel about Teach bringing a gun to the robbery, and what does Teach say about it?
10. What is Teach's reaction to having Fletcher on the break in job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss David Mamet's writing style in this play. How does he use different language and speaking styles to create unique characters?
Essay Topic 2
Don says "action counts" in business. Do you agree or disagree that he made the wrong decision to allow Teach to become part of the break-in plan? How does he take action in this play and the robbery plan in particular?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Fletcher's role in the play. Do you think his role is meant to create conflict? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,413 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)