|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Teach's real name?
2. What does Don suggest Bob should take at breakfast time?
3. Who says, action counts," in Act I?
4. Who says, "we do not need this guy," in response to the idea of bringing in Fletcher to help with the break in?
5. What does Don tell Bob that he admires about Fletcher?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Teach tell Don conflicting information in Act II?
2. What does Don try to teach Bob at the beginning of the play?
3. What kind of person does Bob seem to be?
4. Why is Don certain that Fletcher will not rob the coin collector on his own?
5. How does Bob try to make peace between Don and Teach when they begin to argue in Act II?
6. How did Don receive ninety dollars for the buffalo nickel?
7. What does Teach mention about Bob that makes Don angry after he's given Bob fifty dollars?
8. What is the biggest problem that Don seems to be facing in the planning of the robbery?
9. Who is the first person to mention that Fletcher is at Masonic Hospital, and why is this important?
10. Describe events that lead up to Don hitting Teach.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the play, Don says "you tire me out, Walt." Discuss in an essay what Don means and why he has called Teach "Walt." What does it suggest about how Don sees Teach after their fight?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss your view of Teach as a "businessman." What does he like best about his business deal with Don? Does it seem an easy way to earn a fast buck? Provide specific textual examples to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Ruthie and Grace's impact on Teach. Why is he so angry with them? Is his jealousy a factor in his perspective of them? Why or why not?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)