Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests Fletcher should be brought in to help with the break in?
2. When Teach asks to be part of the break in, what does Don say?
3. Who says, "people are loose, people pay the price"?
4. How much is Don giving to Earl for putting him in contact with the potential buyer?
5. What is Don's first guess about the value of the 1929 penny that Teach quizzes him on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Don seem reluctant to tell Teach about the planned break in to steal from the coin collector?
2. Who is the first person to mention that Fletcher is at Masonic Hospital, and why is this important?
3. What does Teach tell Don and Bob about the way Ruthie treated him at The Riverside?
4. What kind of person does Bob seem to be?
5. How does Don show his concern for Bob's welfare in the beginning of Act I?
6. In Act II, why is Teach worried about Fletcher being involved in the job?
7. What is the biggest problem that Don seems to be facing in the planning of the robbery?
8. What happens when Teach and Don talk out their plan for the break in?
9. What does Don try to teach Bob at the beginning of the play?
10. Why does Don ask Fletcher if he's had a chance to take a nap when Teach is talking about free enterprise?
Describe Ruthie and Grace's impact on Teach. Why is he so angry with them? Is his jealousy a factor in his perspective of them? Why or why not?
What causes Teach to destroy Don's shop? What does this scene suggest about Teach's emotional reaction to events not going his way? In what other scenes does he react emotionally when Don makes decisions about the robbery?
In what ways does Teach disparage Fletcher? Why does Teach tell Don about Fletcher cheating at cards? How does he hope to dissuade Don from bringing Fletcher into the break-in plan?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)