|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What room does Teach believe the coin collector will hide his coins in?
2. Why does Teach think Ruthie won at cards?
3. What does Teach ask Bob about after he returns from the diner with Don's coffee?
4. What role does Teach say Don should play in the break in?
5. Who says, "you trying to kill yourself?" at the end of Act I?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Bob and Don argue about in the opening scene of Act II?
2. How does Don feel about Teach bringing a gun to the robbery, and what does Teach say about it?
3. Where and when does Act II take place?
4. What time is Teach supposed to be back at the shop for the break in?
5. What does Bob reveal about why he bought the nickel after he has been hit?
6. Why does Don ask Fletcher if he's had a chance to take a nap when Teach is talking about free enterprise?
7. What is the relationship between Don and Bob?
8. What is the final thing that Don has to forgive Bob for?
9. How did Don receive ninety dollars for the buffalo nickel?
10. In what way does Teach tell Don conflicting information in Act II?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Bob as a character who ultimately brings out the best in Don. How has Bob shown kindness toward Don? What does Don say to Bob at the end of the play that reflects the best side of his nature?
Essay Topic 2
Teach says, "we all live like the cavemen" after the violent encounter between him, Don, and Bob. Discuss the meaning of this statement as it pertains to Teach. How does Teach act more like a caveman than the other two characters?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Teach disparage Fletcher? Why does Teach tell Don about Fletcher cheating at cards? How does he hope to dissuade Don from bringing Fletcher into the break-in plan?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)