|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don want back from the coin collector when they break into his home?
2. Why does Teach need a nap?
3. What does Bob say Fletcher stole from Ruthie?
4. What does Teach say about what the coin collector is doing for the weekend?
5. In Act I, what two things does Teach tell Don should be kept separated?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ruthie's phone call to Don important in diffusing the tense situation between Teach and Bob?
2. Why is Don so upset that Fletcher has not arrived in the evening?
3. How does Don show his concern for Bob's welfare in the beginning of Act I?
4. How does Don seem to be handling the plan for the robbery?
5. What is the importance of time in Act II?
6. Describe Teach's behavior after he hits Bob.
7. How does Don seem reluctant to tell Teach about the planned break in to steal from the coin collector?
8. Where and when does Act II take place?
9. Why does Teach need a nap in the final scene of Act I?
10. What is the relationship between Don and Bob?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the buffalo nickel in this play? How does the nickel, which sells for quite a profit in the beginning of the play, become the impetus for Don's plan to rob his customer? What motivates Don to plan the robbery?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how nicknames are used in the play. What is the significance of Bob calling Don "Donny" at the end of Act II? Is Teach's nickname appropriate for him? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Ruthie and Grace's impact on Teach. Why is he so angry with them? Is his jealousy a factor in his perspective of them? Why or why not?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)