|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Don call on the phone in Act I?
2. How much does Don think the coin collector would have paid for the buffalo nickel if he had negotiated harder?
3. Where does Teach live?
4. What does Don tell Bob that he admires about Fletcher?
5. What does Bob say about Ruthie when he first mentions her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of mood is Teach in when he first enters the junk shop?
2. What does Bob reveal about why he bought the nickel after he has been hit?
3. What is the final thing that Don has to forgive Bob for?
4. What is the relationship between Don and Bob?
5. Why doesn't Bob want to go to the hospital to have his ear checked?
6. Why is Don certain that Fletcher will not rob the coin collector on his own?
7. What reason is Bob supposed to give the hospital for how he got hurt?
8. How do Teach and Don use money to get Bob to leave the store at night?
9. In the beginning of the play, how is it clear that Teach does not think highly of Bob?
10. How does Don use food to console Teach at the beginning of Act I?
Essay Topic 1
How does the news of Fletcher's hospitalization put Bob in a precarious situation? What is Teach and Don's reaction to the news? Why do they think Bob is lying to them?
Essay Topic 2
Why is Bob's lie about seeing the coin collector leave his house critical to the play? How does that piece of information change Don's plan to break into the house? Why do you think Bob lied about this?
Essay Topic 3
Teach says, "we all live like the cavemen" after the violent encounter between him, Don, and Bob. Discuss the meaning of this statement as it pertains to Teach. How does Teach act more like a caveman than the other two characters?
This section contains 1,292 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)