|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don give Teach when he asks to be quizzed?
2. Why does Teach tell Don that he needs to go first class with the break in?
3. What does Teach take off Grace's breakfast plate?
4. Why does Teach think they should steal other items besides the coins?
5. In Act I, what does Teach call Bob when he and Don are talking about the robbery plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What collectibles do Don and Teach talk about while they're waiting for Bob to return with breakfast?
2. How does Don seem to be handling the plan for the robbery?
3. Why does Bob complain about Don's suggestion that they look up the value of his nickel in the coin book?
4. What are Bob's injuries after being hit by Teach?
5. What does Teach think about the way Ruthie plays cards?
6. What does Don try to teach Bob at the beginning of the play?
7. What is the importance of time in Act II?
8. How does Don seem reluctant to tell Teach about the planned break in to steal from the coin collector?
9. How does Bob stand up for Ruthie in Act I?
10. What is the relationship between Don and Bob?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss David Mamet's writing style in this play. How does he use different language and speaking styles to create unique characters?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the problems between Teach and Don. What intensifies their anger and causes them to lash out at each other?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how nicknames are used in the play. What is the significance of Bob calling Don "Donny" at the end of Act II? Is Teach's nickname appropriate for him? Why or why not?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)