|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teach want Don to teach him about coins?
2. What does Teach say about Ruthie's card-playing skills?
3. What does Don give Teach when he asks to be quizzed?
4. Who says, "you trying to kill yourself?" at the end of Act I?
5. Who thinks the coin collector will not hide his coins in the basement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason is Bob supposed to give the hospital for how he got hurt?
2. In what way does Teach tell Don conflicting information in Act II?
3. Where and when does Act II take place?
4. What does Don want to steal from the coin collector?
5. What is the final thing that Don has to forgive Bob for?
6. Describe events that lead up to Don hitting Teach.
7. Describe Teach's behavior after he hits Bob.
8. How did Don receive ninety dollars for the buffalo nickel?
9. Why does Teach object to Don eating yogurt for breakfast?
10. What kind of mood is Teach in when he first enters the junk shop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss David Mamet's writing style in this play. How does he use different language and speaking styles to create unique characters?
Essay Topic 2
Teach says, "we all live like the cavemen" after the violent encounter between him, Don, and Bob. Discuss the meaning of this statement as it pertains to Teach. How does Teach act more like a caveman than the other two characters?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Fletcher's role in the play. Do you think his role is meant to create conflict? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,295 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)