|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teach say about what the coin collector is doing for the weekend?
2. Which character speaks first in Act I?
3. Why does Teach tell Don that he needs to go first class with the break in?
4. Teach tells Don that he likes him like as a:
5. Who says, "people are loose, people pay the price"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bob complain about Don's suggestion that they look up the value of his nickel in the coin book?
2. How does Don use food to console Teach at the beginning of Act I?
3. How do Teach and Don use money to get Bob to leave the store at night?
4. Why does Teach need a nap in the final scene of Act I?
5. What is the final thing that Don has to forgive Bob for?
6. Why does Teach hit Bob?
7. How does the issue of Fletcher's whereabouts finally get resolved?
8. What does Teach think about the way Ruthie plays cards?
9. What happens when Teach and Don talk out their plan for the break in?
10. What new information about Fletcher comes out when Teach and Don argue about how to crack the combination of the safe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Bob as a character who ultimately brings out the best in Don. How has Bob shown kindness toward Don? What does Don say to Bob at the end of the play that reflects the best side of his nature?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how nicknames are used in the play. What is the significance of Bob calling Don "Donny" at the end of Act II? Is Teach's nickname appropriate for him? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of Teach's watch as a symbol of his lack of dependability. Why does he say he lost it and then later that he hocked it?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)