|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Don says the coin collector will put the coins in his:
2. What is the setting of Act I?
3. Why does Don get angry about the customer who said to call him if he finds other items of interest?
4. What does Teach say about what the coin collector is doing for the weekend?
5. Why does Don assume the coin collector is going away for the weekend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Teach need a nap in the final scene of Act I?
2. How does Bob try to make peace between Don and Teach when they begin to argue in Act II?
3. What is Teach angry about at the beginning of Act II?
4. What is the biggest problem that Don seems to be facing in the planning of the robbery?
5. What kind of person does Bob seem to be?
6. How does Don feel about Teach bringing a gun to the robbery, and what does Teach say about it?
7. What does Don want to steal from the coin collector?
8. What happens when Teach and Don talk out their plan for the break in?
9. What does Teach mention about Bob that makes Don angry after he's given Bob fifty dollars?
10. Why is Don so upset that Fletcher has not arrived in the evening?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Fletcher's role in the play. Do you think his role is meant to create conflict? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss David Mamet's writing style in this play. How does he use different language and speaking styles to create unique characters?
Essay Topic 3
How does the news of Fletcher's hospitalization put Bob in a precarious situation? What is Teach and Don's reaction to the news? Why do they think Bob is lying to them?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)