|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Don get angry about the customer who said to call him if he finds other items of interest?
2. What is Teach's real name?
3. What is Don's first guess about the value of the 1929 penny that Teach quizzes him on?
4. What does Teach say about Don's attitude toward Bob?
5. Why does Don tell Bob he should eat breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Bob's injuries after being hit by Teach?
2. Why does Don say that he wants Fletcher on the team?
3. Who is the first person to mention that Fletcher is at Masonic Hospital, and why is this important?
4. Describe events that lead up to Don hitting Teach.
5. What do Bob and Don argue about in the opening scene of Act II?
6. What is the biggest problem that Don seems to be facing in the planning of the robbery?
7. Why does Teach need a nap in the final scene of Act I?
8. What is Teach's reaction to having Fletcher on the break in job?
9. How is the relationship between Ruthie and Grace described?
10. What new information does Bob tell Don after he returns with breakfast?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Teach says, "we all live like the cavemen" after the violent encounter between him, Don, and Bob. Discuss the meaning of this statement as it pertains to Teach. How does Teach act more like a caveman than the other two characters?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss your view of Teach as a "businessman." What does he like best about his business deal with Don? Does it seem an easy way to earn a fast buck? Provide specific textual examples to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the buffalo nickel in this play? How does the nickel, which sells for quite a profit in the beginning of the play, become the impetus for Don's plan to rob his customer? What motivates Don to plan the robbery?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)