|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Don, "you got to trusts your instincts, right or wrong"?
2. What did Grace say when Teach takes food from her plate?
3. In Act I, how does Don define what business is?
4. How much is Don giving to Earl for putting him in contact with the potential buyer?
5. Who believes Fletcher will bring depth to the team on the break in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Teach revise Don's plan for the break in?
2. What is an example of Teach's unhappy nature in Act I?
3. How do Teach and Don use money to get Bob to leave the store at night?
4. What does Teach think about the way Ruthie plays cards?
5. Why does Don say that Fletcher did not steal the pig iron from Ruthie?
6. How does Bob try to make peace between Don and Teach when they begin to argue in Act II?
7. What collectibles do Don and Teach talk about while they're waiting for Bob to return with breakfast?
8. What kind of advice does Teach give Don about scouting out the coin collector's house?
9. How does Don seem to be handling the plan for the robbery?
10. What kind of mood is Teach in when he first enters the junk shop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does Teach disparage Fletcher? Why does Teach tell Don about Fletcher cheating at cards? How does he hope to dissuade Don from bringing Fletcher into the break-in plan?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the buffalo nickel in this play? How does the nickel, which sells for quite a profit in the beginning of the play, become the impetus for Don's plan to rob his customer? What motivates Don to plan the robbery?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of Teach's watch as a symbol of his lack of dependability. Why does he say he lost it and then later that he hocked it?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)