Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "you trying to kill yourself?" at the end of Act I?
2. Who suggests Fletcher should be brought in to help with the break in?
3. Why does Teach finally agree to have Fletcher help with the break in?
4. What time is Teach supposed to arrive back at Don's shop that night?
5. How much does Don sell a buffalo nickel for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new information does Bob tell Don after he returns with breakfast?
2. What does Teach mention about Bob that makes Don angry after he's given Bob fifty dollars?
3. Why is Don so upset that Fletcher has not arrived in the evening?
4. What does Don want to steal from the coin collector?
5. Why does Teach object to Don eating yogurt for breakfast?
6. Describe events that lead up to Don hitting Teach.
7. What is the importance of time in Act II?
8. How does the issue of Fletcher's whereabouts finally get resolved?
9. What is the biggest problem that Don seems to be facing in the planning of the robbery?
10. What new information about Fletcher comes out when Teach and Don argue about how to crack the combination of the safe?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss David Mamet's writing style in this play. How does he use different language and speaking styles to create unique characters?
Essay Topic 2
How does the news of Fletcher's hospitalization put Bob in a precarious situation? What is Teach and Don's reaction to the news? Why do they think Bob is lying to them?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of setting in the novel. How does Don's Resale Shop create a useful backdrop for the characters and their schemes?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)