|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "don't push me, Don ... I am not other people"?
2. What does Don give Teach when he asks to be quizzed?
3. How much money does Don say he'll pay Bob for spotting the coin collector they plan to steal from?
4. Who tells Don, "you got to trusts your instincts, right or wrong"?
5. Who does Don call on the phone in Act I?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new information about Fletcher comes out when Teach and Don argue about how to crack the combination of the safe?
2. What kind of mood is Teach in when he first enters the junk shop?
3. Who is the first person to mention that Fletcher is at Masonic Hospital, and why is this important?
4. What time is Teach supposed to be back at the shop for the break in?
5. What is the relationship between Don and Bob?
6. Why doesn't Bob want to go to the hospital to have his ear checked?
7. In Act II, why is Teach worried about Fletcher being involved in the job?
8. What happens when Teach and Don talk out their plan for the break in?
9. When Bob comes back with pie and Pepsi for his breakfast, what happens when Bob asks Don for money?
10. Describe events that lead up to Don hitting Teach.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of setting in the novel. How does Don's Resale Shop create a useful backdrop for the characters and their schemes?
Essay Topic 2
At the end of the play, Don says "you tire me out, Walt." Discuss in an essay what Don means and why he has called Teach "Walt." What does it suggest about how Don sees Teach after their fight?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of Teach's watch as a symbol of his lack of dependability. Why does he say he lost it and then later that he hocked it?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)