|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Teach describe the division of labor between him, Don, and Fletcher?
(a) Teach is better than the others.
(b) Don is stronger than the others.
(c) Security. Muscle. Intelligence.
(d) Equal partners.
2. Who does Don call on the phone in Act I?
(a) The police.
(b) A collector.
(c) His mother.
(d) An insurance agent.
3. What did Grace say when Teach takes food from her plate?
(a) "Help yourself."
(b) "That's not polite!"
(c) "Don't eat that!"
(d) "That's mine."
4. What is Don's last name?
5. What is the setting of Act I?
(c) Gas station.
(d) Don's Resale Shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Don tell Bob he should eat breakfast?
2. Who says, "we do not need this guy," in response to the idea of bringing in Fletcher to help with the break in?
3. What does Don give Teach when he asks to be quizzed?
4. What does Teach say about Ruthie's card-playing skills?
5. Who says he's angry, then hurt about bringing Fletcher on board for the break in job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bob complain about Don's suggestion that they look up the value of his nickel in the coin book?
2. What is the relationship between Don and Bob?
3. What time is Teach supposed to be back at the shop for the break in?
4. How did Don receive ninety dollars for the buffalo nickel?
5. What is Teach angry about at the beginning of Act II?
6. How does Don show his concern for Bob's welfare in the beginning of Act I?
7. How does Don feel about Teach bringing a gun to the robbery, and what does Teach say about it?
8. Why is Ruthie's phone call to Don important in diffusing the tense situation between Teach and Bob?
9. Describe Teach's behavior after he hits Bob.
10. How does Don use food to console Teach at the beginning of Act I?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)