|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Don's first guess about the value of the 1929 penny that Teach quizzes him on?
(b) Two cents.
(c) One dollar.
(d) Thirty-six dollars.
2. Who suggests Fletcher should be brought in to help with the break in?
3. What room does Teach believe the coin collector will hide his coins in?
(a) Dining room.
4. Where does Teach live?
(a) Outside in the hammock.
(b) His house.
(c) In his car.
(d) The hotel.
5. Where is the house located that Don plans to rob?
(a) A town nearby.
(b) Around the corner from Don's shop.
(c) On Spring Street.
(d) On Primrose Place.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "you trying to kill yourself?" at the end of Act I?
2. What is the one thing Teach wants to make clear to Don before he leaves the shop in the morning?
3. Why does Teach finally agree to have Fletcher help with the break in?
4. Who says, "we do not need this guy," in response to the idea of bringing in Fletcher to help with the break in?
5. What does Teach call the coin collector at the end of Act I?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of person does Bob seem to be?
2. What happens when Teach and Don talk out their plan for the break in?
3. Describe Teach's behavior after he hits Bob.
4. What does Don want to steal from the coin collector?
5. Who is the first person to mention that Fletcher is at Masonic Hospital, and why is this important?
6. Why does Bob complain about Don's suggestion that they look up the value of his nickel in the coin book?
7. How does Bob stand up for Ruthie in Act I?
8. Why is Ruthie's phone call to Don important in diffusing the tense situation between Teach and Bob?
9. What kind of mood is Teach in when he first enters the junk shop?
10. In the beginning of the play, how is it clear that Teach does not think highly of Bob?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)