|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don give Teach when he asks to be quizzed?
(a) A business card for a coin dealer.
(b) The book about coins.
(d) A paper about pennies.
2. What does Teach take off Grace's breakfast plate?
(b) A piece of toast.
3. What does Don tell Bob that he admires about Fletcher?
(a) He's a religious man.
(b) He is a man who stands for something.
(c) He has a great singing voice.
(d) He has travelled to China.
4. When Bob gets his money from Don and leaves the shop in Act I, who says, "it's best for everybody"?
5. How much does Don tell Teach he sells his collectibles for?
(a) One dollar.
(b) Sixteen cents.
(c) Fifteen dollars each.
(d) Twenty dollars each.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Teach think Bob can't handle the break in by himself?
2. In Act I, what two things does Teach tell Don should be kept separated?
3. Why does Don assume the coin collector is going away for the weekend?
4. Who says, "you trying to kill yourself?" at the end of Act I?
5. How much money did Fletcher win at cards, according to Don?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Don seem to get angry with Bob over the news about Fletcher?
2. What does Teach mention about Bob that makes Don angry after he's given Bob fifty dollars?
3. How does Don show his concern for Bob's welfare in the beginning of Act I?
4. What reason is Bob supposed to give the hospital for how he got hurt?
5. What does Bob reveal about why he bought the nickel after he has been hit?
6. Why is the setting important in Act I?
7. How do Teach and Don use money to get Bob to leave the store at night?
8. Why is Don so upset that Fletcher has not arrived in the evening?
9. Who is the first person to mention that Fletcher is at Masonic Hospital, and why is this important?
10. Why does Bob complain about Don's suggestion that they look up the value of his nickel in the coin book?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)